SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

11 minutes ago, Sternum said:

Good to know, but I was talking about loose files being overwriten. Most likely, he installed the latest version, but another mod is providing an outdated version of jcontainer and it overwrites the files from the 1st install. That would be easy to see in MO, not sure on Vortex (and I guess in NMM it would be a matter of reinstall the latest version, as files will be placed directly in the /data folder of Skyrim). That is my guess, hope it's as simple as that and he can solve it.

Loose file conflicts are what Vortex shines at. Sexlab includes netimmerse or JContainer scripts? Vortex will tell you who else has those scripts. Same for textures, etc.

Now files tucked away in a BSA - that might be a problem. MO let you unpack BSAs on install - but that had problems too.

43 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

But the bottom line from the Vortex Support forum is "Shut The Fuck Up And Go Away." :classic_unsure:

Funny you should say that, last time I tried to get some help from there I got some similar responses, I swear if they could they would have burned me at a stake. Some of them even ended up blocking me because "user has ignored all helpful responses". I ended up leaving with more questions than before, I'm not sure what is it with those people.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:09 PM, The Man in Black said:

Feature Request: Would it be feasible to have an option that lets you save animation alignment adjustments on a specific actor?  Normally, I use autoscaling so it’s not an issue. But there are a few NPCs I’d love to turn it off for, like Mirai, and make individual adjustments so that she lines up without also screwing up Breton alignment for everyone else I fuck.

^^^^^^ This. +1

I am playing as the twin sister of a mod-added follower. Her body scale is 97%, so I set mine to match. I had to disable scaling because it was blowing me up to (and beyond) 100% and the same for my anonymous :classic_tongue: flaming red-headed Sassy Teen follower. Scaling us up for sex just kills the whole point of us being a bit shorter than everyone else. Also, in real life, I am shorter that most of my male sex partners so playing Skyrim (SE) with a 97% body feels very realistic to me and I don't want to be upscaled out of my willing suspension of disbelief when I have sex. I keep adjusting alignments in animations, and as far as I can tell SexLab is correctly storing those adjustments for the next time that animation plays, but time frequently runs out before I can finish adjusting even though I've got every stage duration set to 45 seconds for this very reason.

There is a modder's utility named FISS that has recently been ported to SSE- its purpose is to store mod info outside of the mod itself where it can be shared with other mods and persist from one playthrough to the next. Maybe that would work better than json's for this purpose. Obviously, I don't know- if I knew I would do a Jean-Luc Piccard and

giphy.gif

So I think per-actor adjustments is a stupendous idea and would be awesome, and a "copy Player animation adjustments to [SexLab-targeted NPC]" button would be the icing on the cake since the only way currently for me to set my Heidi's anonymous follower's sex adjustments is when she has sex with me- other than that, she has misaligned sex with other NPCs and I can't do anything about it without turning on scaling.

14 hours ago, Sternum said:

Maybe you have another mod overwriting jcontainers. Check for overwrite flags (if you're using mo2) or just reinstall latest version (not sure how overwriting mod files works on current NMM/Vortex). But if you got that message something is wrong. And not having jcontainer properly installed is the reason of SLAL not working.

Checked for flags, checked the specific mod, still the same issue. The specific message says "Your installed version of jcontainers is not compatible with the creature framework..." Is it maybe a problem with that, then?

5 hours ago, fifan77 said:

Checked for flags, checked the specific mod, still the same issue. The specific message says "Your installed version of jcontainers is not compatible with the creature framework..." Is it maybe a problem with that, then?

Well, that message is quite clear, maybe creature framework is not updated to the latest jcontainer version. But I know nothing about that, never used those mods. Better try to ask in the creature framework topic.

22 minutes ago, Sternum said:

Well, that message is quite clear, maybe creature framework is not updated to the latest jcontainer version. But I know nothing about that, never used those mods. Better try to ask in the creature framework topic.

Will do, thanks. Still confuses me as to why it would affect SLAL, but I guess I won't question it. Computers never fail to confuse the hell out of me.

Is there any way to change the sexlab diary stats for NPC's? I have a strange case where Adrianne Avenicci starts out as a virgin lol. And I don't really want to just reset actor stats, but set them to a value I want. I remember there used to be a neat little mod, Skyrim Stats Manipulator, but so far I couldn't find anything like it for Skyrim SE.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, Sternum said:

The ported Creature Framework should be fine. Some people have had issues getting it to work, we still don't know why, current lead is that something between SexLab and CF doesn't work right unless both are installed at the same time. But the most likely cause is still that something is overwriting JC files.

I have doubts as to whether SexLab is able to recognize an aggressive and subordinate person in the sexual relations of PC and creatures. Animations from creatures, regardless of whether the player forces the creature to have sex, or vice versa, have the same tag - eg "aggressive" or "forced". It seems that when it comes to animating with pc / npc / follower and a creature, SexLab Defeat does not use tags! Regardless of how it is set in the animation menu and regardless of the situation, the animations are completely random. I tried to set specific animations in the case when creature rapes PC, and in case when PC forces creature to sex. But I think SexLab does not even recognize who in such cases is an aggressor. Am I right? Or maybe there is a way to set the animation tags in SexLab Defeat properly so that they are appropriate to the situation? It's strange when my heroine defeats the giant, rapes him, but the animation shows that he rapes her brutally: P

10 minutes ago, pburnt said:
3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Not as strange as females giving blow jobs to my strap-on... :classic_blink:

Strange? ?

Well, I suppose as long as they don't get splinters in their tonsils it's OK... :classic_ohmy:

7 hours ago, Prymerion said:

I have doubts as to whether SexLab is able to recognize an aggressive and subordinate person in the sexual relations of PC and creatures. Animations from creatures, regardless of whether the player forces the creature to have sex, or vice versa, have the same tag - eg "aggressive" or "forced". It seems that when it comes to animating with pc / npc / follower and a creature, SexLab Defeat does not use tags! Regardless of how it is set in the animation menu and regardless of the situation, the animations are completely random. I tried to set specific animations in the case when creature rapes PC, and in case when PC forces creature to sex. But I think SexLab does not even recognize who in such cases is an aggressor. Am I right? Or maybe there is a way to set the animation tags in SexLab Defeat properly so that they are appropriate to the situation? It's strange when my heroine defeats the giant, rapes him, but the animation shows that he rapes her brutally: P

You are partly correct. SexLab does not apply automatic filtering for creature animation based on the presence of an explicit victim. Mods need to filter aggressive animations before feeding them to the animation thread. It should also be noted that as a result many creature animations that might be considered aggressive were not tagged as such since it would not have made any difference back when there was no filtering at all for creature anims.

Regardless of the animation selection a selected "victim" will receive other victim effects, such as re-dressing options and diary increments..

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE (plug) has some basic MCM options to manually tag creature animations as aggressive and also auto-tags some of the animations bundled with SexLab Framework. But this will only affect mods like AC that are already applying tag filtering for aggressive creature animations. A quick look at the code for Defeat suggests that aggressive tag filtering should be applied but it's likely that the system is simply not finding any suitably tagged animations in most cases and so uses any available.

Female creature animations are in short supply so even with effective filtering there may not be any suitable aggressive animations for male PC/NPC on female creatures, and even when there are they may not be tagged correctly.

For those making creature animation packs the tagging should be "Aggressive,AggressiveDefault" to allow for automated defaulting.

For those mods that might need to handle creatures the SexLab API has specific filtering methods such as GetCreatureAnimationsByRaceTags().

I thought worth mentioning that some minor issues tend to persist with SexLab for as long as I've been using it. Making changes in settings, most notably scene timers takes a while for them to take effect, but maybe that's intentional so I'm not sure. Enabling and disabling animations also takes a while to come into effect. Biggest issue seems to be the problem of the timers with scene stages, rarely I get the feeling that scene stages get stuck in a loop and won't progress on their own since they last a lot longer than I edit them to. It's not a deal breaker because I can always advance stage using the keys but I don't think it's normal.

If you've mentioned fixes in this thread before. Mention them again. 

I'm getting back into the swing of development here. And although I've been fairly consistent in writing myself some kind of note in the source code as bug reports show up here, I'm sure I've missed some.  So remind me of your bug report and/or feature request.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, Ashal said:

I'm getting back into the swing of development here. And although I've been fairly consistent in writing myself some kind of note in the source code as bug reports show up here, I'm sure I've missed some.  So remind me of your bug report and/or feature request.

Awesome. I hope these aren't too much trouble.

I've noticed that making changes to animation tags does not invalidate the caches. I've had to add random string tags to GetCreatureAnimationsByRaceTags() to make sure the returned list is up-to-date after adding/removing tags via an MCM script.

The creature Gender shown under SexLab MCM -> Animation Settings -> Player Settings for creatures selected with [N] always shows "Female". Very minor issue but it's cropped up often enough in the support threads so it's clearly confusing people.

I know this is an old one but I've run into it myself while enabling dialogue with normally silent creatures: during an animation involving the player it is still possible to Activate the partner with [E] and cause the third-person camera to become locked in place even after the animation ends. Thinking this was a problem I had caused I tried fixing it by temporarily disabling activation and PC dialogue for the partner actor and their race but the changes don't appear to apply or are reverted during the animation. I've since encountered this issue without my mod being active (that was a wasted week, should have checked earlier). The broken camera can be fixed by sitting in a chair.

EDIT (October 2019): For those interested in working with SL anim caching using SL SE Beta 6+ the relevant functions can be found in sslAnimationSlots.psc. Addressing the above mentioned invalidation issue SexLab.AnimSlots.ClearAnimCache() can be used to clear all the caches (useful if there are a number of animations updated), while SexLab.AnimSlots.InvalidateByAnimation(anim) can be used if updating a single animation. ClearAnimCache() is going to be a faster operation as it is just clearing arrays but will impact overall SL performance until the caches are rebuilt.

8 hours ago, Ashal said:

So remind me of your bug report and/or feature request.

No bugs to report, Sir! *salutes*

Feature requests:

• Please find some way to differentiate between a person (male or Futa) with a flesh-and-blood penis and a female wearing a strap-on so that we stop seeing blow jobs and/or hand jobs on Strap-ons.
  • Please invent some way to align actors by their actual genitals (penis/strapon-aligned-with-vagina, for example) instead of by their eyepoints to eliminate the need for actor scaling so that those of us who are shorter than our sex partners because we have knowingly (with malice aforethought :classic_tongue: ) downscaled our body to 97% or so do not have to either enable scaling (killing our short-girl immersion) or spend the entirety of every scene trying to achieve genital-to-genital alignment before the animation is over.

And thank you once more for this amazing Framework which you inflicted upon an unsuspecting sexaholic population thoughtfully crafted for your adoring fans. :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, Ashal said:

i don't know what has or has not been added to the beta yet (i'm still in 1.62) but:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5337-sexlab-162-fixes/

Ed86's sslActorAlias script werewolf control fix (i forget what part of the script this is in) :

When player is having sex in creature form(werewolf, vampirelord etc) sexlab does not set Thread.HasPlayer tag, this causes sexlab to not enable sexlab hotkeys and who knows what else.

Without properly set Thread.HasPlayer many mods that depend on that tag may not function correctly.

and PaulGreen's sslActorAlias script unending animation fix:

if IsCreature
        ; Reset creature idle
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "Reset")
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "ReturnToDefault")
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "FNISDefault")
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "IdleReturnToDefault")
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "ForceFurnExit")
        Debug.SendAnimationEvent(ActorRef, "ReturnDefaultState")   <----- you need to add this forgotten line
        if ResetAnim != "IdleForceDefaultState" && ResetAnim != ""
            ActorRef.Moveto(ActorRef)
            ActorRef.PushActorAway(ActorRef, 0.75)
        endIf
    else

also i'm ready to move all creature animations into MNC, here is my first test:

(warning: this file is NOT meant to be used by end users, it's just a proof of concept)

SexLabCreaturesV1-62 to SLAL Project.7z

i'm not sure about my script edits but it seems to be working so far (at least in 32bitSLE), and my settings for the spider animations seem to line up a bit better.

13 hours ago, Ashal said:

another thing i just remembered: SexLabVoiceDraugr01 [SOUN:0508C08C] is using the wrong Sound Descriptor, it's using SexLabVoiceDog01Descriptor [SNDR:0508C092] but it should be using SexLabVoiceDraugr01Descriptor [SNDR:0508C086]

also my question still has not been answered yet :

21 hours ago, Ashal said:

and/or feature request.

I would very much like to be able to set animations to play a number of loops instead of having to set the time for each scene.  (in both LE and SE)

An entry in the MCM would allow the player to configure/override animation scenes to:  play once, loop x number of times, loop until key press.

Bug: facial animations typically do not reset after animations complete

Bug: sslConfigMenu.SystemCheckOptions references SKSE 2.0.9

Request: make the default bed search range a GlobalVariable (or else script property) so it can be changed through scripting, and add an MCM slider option for it that goes at least up to 1000

Request: like how there's an option to restrict to same-sex animations, an option to restrict to opposite-sex animations. The use case is so that an MF pair always plays MF animations (no MM), or an MFFF group always plays MFFF animations (no MMMF or MMMM). Perhaps both combined into a "restrict to exact match" option, with or without the "if available" fallback.