SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

goddam how did they even make animations in 2013? every actor 2 has a "rotate=180" command attached to it, the implications of that are confusing to say the least, did people only animate one actor at a time back then and mash them together hoping for the best?

2 hours ago, hjkl40877 said:

does any body know why can i run animation when i use sexlab magic?? i tying all day but it still show this code and do nothing

i think you missed this post on page 130:

REMINDER:

NOBODY READING THIS SHOULD BE USING THE "Sexlab Debug" SPELLS.

THEY AREN'T INTENDED TO START ANIMATIONS, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.

USE A MOD LIKE SEXLAB MATCHMAKER IF YOU WANT A SIMPLE STARTER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only people who should be using the SexLab Debug spell is myself, or any mod creator smart enough to edit and recompile the sslEffectDebug script for their own quick scripting test usage. aka, using it to test and debug stuff.

This is still a beta, so debug mode is enabled by default for the sake of error reporting. The debug spells are incidental to that, and should be removed if you were to manually disable debug mode in the MCM.

also:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

4 hours ago, LukeDuke said:

Whoot?? It was fixed years ago, with build 1709 I believe..

Yup. There was a big commotion about it when it happened because some Microsoft guy heard about the issue and got involved to make sure it was fixed.

18 hours ago, pburnt said:

I removed its animations because the 10k animation limit is way too easy to jump over with just a few animation packs.

How did you do that without causing any problems? Remove everything in the meshes folder?  I'm curious, not that I'm going to do anything since I have a stable build I don't want to mess with.

5 hours ago, LukeDuke said:

Whoot?? It was fixed years ago, with build 1709 I believe..

No, the VRAM limit was fixed, but not the RAM limit. Oldrim loads all assets in both so it would still crash when trying to use more than 3.1GB of RAM (not VRAM) and you need ENB Boost to prevent it.

I used to think the same as you and I even went in an argument on reddit - read here for the discussion and more info.

1 hour ago, Seeker999 said:

How did you do that without causing any problems? Remove everything in the meshes folder?  I'm curious, not that I'm going to do anything since I have a stable build I don't want to mess with.

There are tutorials on how to remove animations. You'll also have to edit a script or two.

16 hours ago, prinyo said:

No, the VRAM limit was fixed, but not the RAM limit. Oldrim loads all assets in both so it would still crash when trying to use more than 3.1GB of RAM (not VRAM) and you need ENB Boost to prevent it.

I used to think the same as you and I even went in an argument on reddit - read here for the discussion and more info.

I think he meant 4GB VRAM limit not RAM, besides 3.1GB RAM limit in Oldrim is Betheada's fault not Miscosoft/Windows.

33 minutes ago, LukeDuke said:

I think he meant 4GB VRAM limit not RAM, besides 3.1GB RAM limit in Oldrim is Betheada's fault not Miscosoft/Windows.

The original question was " if the 4gb ram limit was fixed for Windows 10 " and the answer is - no.

Yes, the VRAM limit was indeed fixed, but not the RAM limit (what the person asked). Because Skyrim puts it's assets in both their usage grows in parallel and the game will still crash at the 3.1GB RAM usage.

The 4GB RAM limit is a technical limit and is in force for all 32-bit applications, including FO3, FONV, Oblivion... In order to avoid it you can use the 4GB patch for FO and ENB Boost for Oblivion and Oldrim. What I have seen mentioned as Bethesda's fault is putting the assets in both RAM and VRAM, but if this is "bad" or not is above my understanding.

The way I understand it the 4GB limit, similarly to the 255 plugins limit of Skyrim, is a question of mathematics. As one of the answers in Quora says:

Because two to the thirty-second power works out to 4 billion bytes you can address with a thirty-two bit address register.

And 4 billion bytes are equal to 3 GB, 742 MB, 714 kB - so it crashes at 3.1GB.

4 hours ago, prinyo said:

The original question was " if the 4gb ram limit was fixed for Windows 10 " and the answer is - no.

Yes, the VRAM limit was indeed fixed, but not the RAM limit (what the person asked). Because Skyrim puts it's assets in both their usage grows in parallel and the game will still crash at the 3.1GB RAM usage.

The 4GB RAM limit is a technical limit and is in force for all 32-bit applications, including FO3, FONV, Oblivion... In order to avoid it you can use the 4GB patch for FO and ENB Boost for Oblivion and Oldrim. What I have seen mentioned as Bethesda's fault is putting the assets in both RAM and VRAM, but if this is "bad" or not is above my understanding.

The way I understand it the 4GB limit, similarly to the 255 plugins limit of Skyrim, is a question of mathematics. As one of the answers in Quora says:

And 4 billion bytes are equal to 3 GB, 742 MB, 714 kB - so it crashes at 3.1GB.

Basicaly, you're talking about 32 bit systems ( Skyrim LE ) vs. 64 bit Systems ( Skyrim SSE ).

On 5/22/2019 at 3:02 AM, Masterobiwan said:

Im having trouble with the cum effect after the animation is done playing. Specifically the Apply Cum Effect option does not seem to work. The Textures are in the right folder within the mod file itself but they are not applying after the animation is done playing. Anybody have advice on how to fix this?

I found a fix for this after some playing around with my mods. I had a mod installed called "Glow Be Gone SSE" and I happened to disable it for an unrelated reason. After disabling it I noticed that the Cum effect was once again displaying on actors who were involved in animations. The strange thing is tho this mod through my mod manager(MO) was not conflicting with any other mods I have, including SexLab. I hope this helps those of you who had the same problem as me, and thank you to everyone who tried to help!

On 5/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, MadMansGun said:

i can't remember if i have asked this before, but:

why are the humans & creatures in separated animation pools?, why not have only one pool with a 1000 to 1200 animation count?

it's annoying when i max out one but the other is not even half used.

also i'm still open to the idea of moving all of SexLab's creature animations into MNC.

i've tried converting SexLabCreature into a SLAL Pack and so far it's working out well, the only error i see is that "FNIS SexLab Creature Idles" is listed as a "?" on the install screen.

i can now move all Creature animations into MNC at a moment's notice.

I can't seem to install this properly. I've been trying on and off for about two months now, but I just haven't been able to make beta 6 to work. Every time I install it into my mod manager, and go into the game, the MCM shows that "beta 5 is installing". Can anyone help me? I've tried everything I can think of: Uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game, fiddling with the files, etc. 

4 minutes ago, fifan77 said:

I can't seem to install this properly. I've been trying on and off for about two months now, but I just haven't been able to make beta 6 to work. Every time I install it into my mod manager, and go into the game, the MCM shows that "beta 5 is installing". Can anyone help me? I've tried everything I can think of: Uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game, fiddling with the files, etc. 

Go to the MCM, click Install, exit the menu and wait for about 5-10 min. Then save the game, exit and start it again. Load that save and you should have SL installed (you'll see all the settings and tabs in the SL mcm).

4 minutes ago, Sternum said:

Go to the MCM, click Install, exit the menu and wait for about 5-10 min. Then save the game, exit and start it again. Load that save and you should have SL installed (you'll see all the settings and tabs in the SL mcm).

Okay, so the tabs and settings came up, but now SLAL won't work. The tabs have just disappeared. (Also it still shows that dev 5 is installed)

1 minute ago, fifan77 said:

Okay, so the tabs and settings came up, but now SLAL won't work. The tabs have just disappeared. (Also it still shows that dev 5 is installed)

Check that you have jcontainers and all the other requirements for SLAL (if you mean sl anim loader). The version is fine, I guess Ashal forgot to update the version displayed on the MCM, but as long as you downloaded the proper file, you have the latest version installed.

1 minute ago, Sternum said:

Check that you have jcontainers and all the other requirements for SLAL (if you mean sl anim loader). The version is fine, I guess Ashal forgot to update the version displayed on the MCM, but as long as you downloaded the proper file, you have the latest version installed.

I should've mentioned that I keep getting the notification that jconatainers is outdated, even though I installed the latest version earlier today. I'll try again, but I'm not hopeful...

5 minutes ago, fifan77 said:

I should've mentioned that I keep getting the notification that jconatainers is outdated, even though I installed the latest version earlier today. I'll try again, but I'm not hopeful...

Maybe you have another mod overwriting jcontainers. Check for overwrite flags (if you're using mo2) or just reinstall latest version (not sure how overwriting mod files works on current NMM/Vortex). But if you got that message something is wrong. And not having jcontainer properly installed is the reason of SLAL not working.

Feature Request: Would it be feasible to have an option that lets you save animation alignment adjustments on a specific actor?  Normally, I use autoscaling so it’s not an issue. But there are a few NPCs I’d love to turn it off for, like Mirai, and make individual adjustments so that she lines up without also screwing up Breton alignment for everyone else I fuck.

2 hours ago, Sternum said:

Check for overwrite flags (if you're using mo2) or just reinstall latest version (not sure how overwriting mod files works on current NMM/Vortex).

Vortex pops up a notice on all unresolved conflicts, identifying the conflicting mods (and files if you click that link) and providing drop-down boxes for "Load After," "Load Before" and "Never Together." You can also establish conflict resolution rules at the individual file level, loading some of Mod A's files before those of Mod B, and other of Mod A's files after those of Mod B. This file-by-file conflict resolution ability is simply "slicker'n snail snot." :classic_biggrin:

Once the user picks the deisred conflict resolution option(s), Vortex creates a custom Rule for those mods, similar to Loot's "User Metadata Edits" but more powerful than LOOT's abilities due to Vortex's file-by-file ability that LOOT does not have. After you have specified one or more Rules for any given mod, you can see it and edit it at any later time by clicking the "Conflicts" icon on any mod row. If you click that icon when there are no conflicts involving that mod, Vortex tells you that. I switched to Vortex as soon as it came out of Alpha and I have been quite happy with it so far. I installed it on a new playthrough and I'm currently up to 194 plugins (and probably 225 mods or so) not counting esl/fe with absolutely zero mod issues (except for Bodyslide files*) caused by Vortex.

NMM does not identify conflicts AFAIK. You have to manage your load order and find conflicts with LOOT, or just find conflicts with SSEEdit, and then set your  plugin load order to resolve the conflict. You also have to install mods in the order with which you want them to overwrite each other's assets, irrespective of plugin load order.

*Vortex can not handle my Bodyslide files because I moved my Bodyslide installation off of my Gaming SSD to free up those megabytes of space and because I definitely do not need SSD speed when using Bodyslide. Because Vortex and other entities "want" my Bodyslide files to reside in my actual SSE\Data folder (on my SSD), I created a CalienteTools Junction Link on my SSD which points to the actual CalienteTools folder on my regular HDD where Bodyslide is actually installed. Vortex does not handle this like every other application since Windows XP including NMM, SSEEdit, NifSkope, etc. but instead installs all my Bodyslide files as "xxxxxxxxx.nif.vortex_backup" files, rendering them useless. I brought the issue up on the Vortex Support forum but the only responder who seemed to have actually read and understood my Problem Statement said that mine was a "unique issue" and therefore Vortex did not need to be adapted to fit one user's unique problem. Obviously, this guy has never used an SSD- literally everybody who runs SSD's of less than a terabyte in size struggles with SSD disk space at some point and offloads stuff that does not need SSD speed. But the bottom line from the Vortex Support forum is "Shut The Fuck Up And Go Away." :classic_unsure: