SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Thank you for the information, though most people talk about BLOCKING updates while this is going through a lot more than "5 seconds" to temporarily evade an update. Furthermore, there are mods that require players to boot through STEAM, apparently to register folders.

Thanks for the advice on the offline mode, I think that's how steam got me this time, I had all the other blocks in place, yet even launching thru skse loader steam would pop up and make me log in, then I would exit it, then wait, then use the skse loader and the game starts without steam popping up. Thank You, so this should stop the steam log in despite using skse loader to run the game.

Thank you, this was the first time I found info on actually turning off steam, now lesson learned, time to install the back up program mentioned in the thread above me from nexus.

Hope this reply is constructive.

Just one other question to toss out there, I just moved SL back up in my load order to the top, it got knocked down when updating some other mods, I hope this will  help restore some functionality,  the 3 button on numb pad was great for free roam camera in any mode, not just during animations. I'll throw out there I also use Flower Girls as that was the mod that led me over to the good mods  here on LL.

Thanks to everyone who is and or has updated stuff so fast, jc , race menu, and slongs are updated, that's as far as i've gotten yet.... got to see if abba needs an update or if I can keep the installed version, & hope that the milk mod is still flowing :) since race menu should have the ni overrides working.

Have a good evening, thanks again for all the info posted in this thread :)

6 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Um no, but I have been known to order several dozen of these at a time... :classic_biggrin:

...and we should stop "chatting" in this thread...:classic_blush:

NEVAH! But yes... Ashur will Update... likely within th next few Days. Can't waint. I got other Games to play in the meantime. I'm sure he is working hard as his Mod is the Framework for so many mods. Please give him time people... and learn to deal with Bethesda being Greedy

45 minutes ago, KlausH11 said:

Thank you for the information, though most people talk about BLOCKING updates while this is going through a lot more than "5 seconds" to temporarily evade an update. Furthermore, there are mods that require players to boot through STEAM, apparently to register folders.

1. Any one of the steps I listed above BLOCKS updates PERMANENTLY unless you override the steps. It does not "temporarily evade" an update. There are players here who are still playing SSE 1.5.23 and SKSE64 2.0.6- those versions are 7 updates ago and well over a year ago. I'm on 1.5.62 / 2.0.12, which is 2 updates and 6 months behind current. I don't know what you define as "permanent" but I've been blocking SSE updates since 1.5.16 / 2.0.4 and only one has slipped past my defenses (because I didn't have Steam running when I hit my skse64_loader.exe shortcut) until I deliberately updated
  2. You must have Steam running before you hit your skse64_loader.exe shortcut to launch the game, but there is no requirement whatsoever to use the Steam Library SSE shortcut
  3. Please link any mod that requires you to use the Bethesda vanilla launcher OR the Steam Library SSE shortcut for anything- I believe you are completely mistaken about this
  4. I'll admit that it might take a first-timer up to 30 seconds to set all 3 blocking parameters I listed, but once you've done it, it's done and you never have to do it again.. I just timed myself doing it and it took me 8 seconds. We'll be sure to burn SpyVsPie at the stake for lying in his meme. :classic_ohmy:

In short, nothing you posted is accurate. Please educate yourself.

15 minutes ago, Misteryodahippie said:

Thanks for the advice on the offline mode, I think that's how steam got me this time, I had all the other blocks in place, yet even launching thru skse loader steam would pop up and make me log in, then I would exit it, then wait, then use the skse loader and the game starts without steam popping up. Thank You, so this should stop the steam log in despite using skse loader to run the game.

You're welcome. If you hit the skse64_loader with Steam NOT ALREADY RUNNING, the loader attempts to start the game but Steam says "Nope!" and so it starts Steam, which then launches SSE via - you guessed it - the vanilla launcher, which indeed registers as a "launch" and triggers the update. The fix is to always make sure Steam is running (but offline) before launching the game via skse64_loader.exe. I have Steam set to start when I boot into Windows- Steam always presents a nag box asking if I want to stay offline, to which I click "Yup" and that's that. So my Steam is always running (but offline) when I launch the game.

Four of the six mods I use that need updating after a Beth update  have now been updated,  which are Racemenu, Schlongs, JContainers, and Additemmenu. Only two left are Sexlab and Papyrus utilities, and we all need tp patiently wait until the mod authors can get the updates done. Remember, they have real lives that take priority over modding.

5 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

You're welcome. If you hit the skse64_loader with Steam NOT ALREADY RUNNING, the loader attempts to start the game but Steam says "Nope!" and so it starts Steam, which then launches SSE via - you guessed it - the vanilla launcher, which indeed registers as a "launch" and triggers the update. The fix is to always make sure Steam is running (but offline) before launching the game via skse64_loader.exe. I have Steam set to start when I boot into Windows- Steam always presents a nag box asking if I want to stay offline, to which I click "Yup" and that's that. So my Steam is always running (but offline) when I launch the game.

Hello. Sorry for OT. But i made a backup directory and stored the SkyrimSE.exe.

Even if un update comes i can copy the last exe into Skyrim SE root (of course backup the "new" exe. Else you have to verify the data). Problem solved for me.

Racemenu has been updated.

So i wait until Sexlab will be updated.

Ok the offline mode is a solution but for me not acceptable.

Just give them Time to update SEXlab.  These guys are great !!

7 minutes ago, pseudobio said:

Four of the six mods I use that need updating after a Beth update  have now been updated,  which are Racemenu, Schlongs, JContainers, and Additemmenu. Only two left are Sexlab and Papyrus utilities, and we all need tp patiently wait until the mod authors can get the updates done. Remember, they have real lives that take priority over modding.

Racemenu and Schlongs has beed updated. :) I see Jcontainers SE and Additem has been updated, too. :)

4 hours ago, grant03 said:

Possible Fix: use the papyrusutil.dll out of campfire. MCM doesn't work but sexlab does

I tried that and it didn't work for me in this instance, although I may be having other issues as SL reports itself as being version Dev 5 despite the fact it's beta 6. Is this just some kind of internal name being different from the filename? I may need to go rummaging through my installation folders. Hopefully it works for other people. Figures steam would pull a sneaky update whilst I'm doing something else entirely. =/

16 hours ago, KlausH11 said:

Just keep Steam in offline mode. Skyrim will still load and be playable.

49 minutes ago, Redswift said:

Thanks for the update, but could we get the bug fixes for the previous version SKSE version too, since some of us might not be ready to upgrade for some time?

Probably not due to the difficulty in maintaining two or more versions of the mod. If you want the bug fixes, you'll need to update to the latest version whenever it's released.