SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

15 hours ago, Gulfwulf said:

I'd try unticking the File Redirection patch if you're using MO 2. Also, make sure you installed FNIS via whatever mod manager you're using (MO 2 or Vortex), otherwise it won't be able to find your animation files properly and/or put them in the wrong place.

This has helped! Not sure why though as I thought that the File Redirection patch was supposed to facilitate use via MO 2.

1 hour ago, teth89 said:

This has helped! Not sure why though as I thought that the File Redirection patch was supposed to facilitate use via MO 2.

I think it's because Fores didn't think FNIS would work in MO 2 without that, but I've had no problem not using that particular "patch". I do use the skeleton arm fix and gender specific animations though. I'm glad it worked out for you.

11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Firstly, Vortex isn't "formerly" anything. It is an all-new mod manager, designed and developed primarily by Tanner, the creator of Mod Organizer. It is the successor to NMM in that it is the new Black Tree Gaming/Nexus mod manager, but it is neither a further development of NMM nor a renamed NMM, which is what "formerly NMM" means.

The steps to install non-Nexus mods with Vortex are clearly detailed on the Vortex Support pages, but because I'm a wonderful human bean :classic_tongue: I'll summarize them for you here since you apparently are not aware of the Vortex Support pages. :classic_biggrin: The legendary Gopher has also made a series of Vortex tutorial videos, including this one on installing mods (including manually) with Vortex.

1. Open Vortex
  2. Download the SexLab Framework 7z archive to a place you can find again- your Desktop is fine, but if you save it directly to Vortex's mod download folder you can skip steps 3 & 4 below because Vortex will automatically detect and prompt to install anything you save to its Downloads folder
  3. Select "Downloads" on the left side of the Vortex window
  4. Drag and drop the Sexlab 7z archive to the large empty rectangle at the bottom of the Vortex display labeled "Drop url(s) or file(s)" :classic_rolleyes:
  5. Follow installation prompts as usual
  6. Repeat steps 2-5 above for Oldrim Matchmaker
  7. Go nuts in-game and screw everything that moves for a week or so then spend an hour setting up all of SexLab's options

TL; DR: For help with Vortex, try a tutorial video or the Vortex Support pages. :classic_wub:

Wow, I didn't know it was that simple! I'm kinda stupid. Thank you!

reading tutorial i did it for skyrim since so many years and and i keep reading them to use SSE ... and i do not mod or use CK but each time was in trouble i found a people like Vyxenne to help and show me the way so thanx for your help all ...

3 hours ago, SimsLova2004 said:

Wow, I didn't know it was that simple! I'm kinda stupid. Thank you!

Well, you're very welcome. Mis-installing/incompletely-installing SKSE64 is where most ppl go wrong. Like SkyUI, Sexlab is a piece of cake to install.

how the heck do you stop the getbyracekey and animcache info from debugging straight to console constantly. the option to enable/disable it in settings doesnt work. it makes it increasingly annoying to have to constantly page up to get info you are looking for for console searchs when every animcache pop up resets it at the bottom EVERY time

REMINDER:

NOBODY READING THIS SHOULD BE USING THE "Sexlab Debug" SPELLS.

THEY AREN'T INTENDED TO START ANIMATIONS, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.

USE A MOD LIKE SEXLAB MATCHMAKER IF YOU WANT A SIMPLE STARTER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only people who should be using the SexLab Debug spell is myself, or any mod creator smart enough to edit and recompile the sslEffectDebug script for their own quick scripting test usage. aka, using it to test and debug stuff.

This is still a beta, so debug mode is enabled by default for the sake of error reporting. The debug spells are incidental to that, and should be removed if you were to manually disable debug mode in the MCM.

Sometime in the past, I'd mentioned that animations usually took a while to start. Now, in my latest saved game, it appears they actually start fast this time around. I'm not sure what causes this or whether or not it's relevant, but for the sake of reporting oddities, I thought I'd bring it up. Other than that, SexLab mods seem to work swimmingly, granted I'm only using 2 at the moment..

3 hours ago, JimKhan said:

SexLab mods seem to work swimmingly

I actually had sex with my dive partner 100 feet down about half a mile offshore from Crooked Island, Bahamas. So I can identify with swimming sex. :classic_tongue:

54 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I actually had sex with my dive partner 100 feet down about half a mile offshore from Crooked Island, Bahamas. So I can identify with swimming sex. :classic_tongue:

Sounds like quite the experience.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Then a great white came up and ate the couple mid coitus. Never go in the water!

35 minutes ago, pburnt said:

Then a great white came up and ate the couple mid coitus. Never go in the water!

I blame those cursed American films for portraying sharks in such negative light. I assure you they are better in reality. They would have let you finish first.

36 minutes ago, JimKhan said:

I blame those cursed American films for portraying sharks in such negative light. I assure you they are better in reality. They would have let you finish first.

Jaws kept me out of even little rivers growing up. I still get queasy looking at dark water as an adult. lol

16 hours ago, Ashal said:

i can't remember if i have asked this before, but:

why are the humans & creatures in separated animation pools?, why not have only one pool with a 1000 to 1200 animation count?

it's annoying when i max out one but the other is not even half used.

also i'm still open to the idea of moving all of SexLab's creature animations into MNC.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

i can't remember if i have asked this before, but:

why are the humans & creatures in separated animation pools?, why not have only one pool with a 1000 to 1200 animation count?

it's annoying when i max out one but the other is not even half used.

also i'm still open to the idea of moving all of SexLab's creature animations into MNC.

Second.

8 hours ago, JimKhan said:

SexLab mods seem to work swimmingly

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

3 hours ago, JimKhan said:

Sounds like quite the experience.

The only problem was lubrication, which you wouldn't think would be an issue in the water. :classic_tongue: Fortunately, my partner had planned to have my way with me all along and had a small tube of Vaseline stuck in his trunks. I love a man who comes to my seductions prepared to be seduced!

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

The only problem was lubrication, which you wouldn't think would be an issue in the water. :classic_tongue: Fortunately, my partner had planned to have my way with me all along and had a small tube of Vaseline stuck in his trunks. I love a man who comes to my seductions prepared to be seduced!

It almost sounds like the buildup of a sitcom scene, but with double the happy endings, if ye know what I mean. :smirk:

6 hours ago, rb888 said:

also Ashal Can you do all one with CF and Sal packs in sexlabs? lol

no that would kill skyrim with even more CTD problems, what's needed is for SexLab to come with less animations, not more.

a lot of the animations that come with SexLab are seriously starting to show there age (it's one of the reasons why i want the creature animations moved to MNC, it's so i can sort out the ones that have more up to date variations available in SLAL packs)

18 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

no that would kill skyrim with even more CTD problems, what's needed is for SexLab to come with less animations, not more.

and a lot of the animations that come with SexLab are seriously starting to show there age.

I think the number of animations included in bare-bones SexLab is about right- enough to provide a fairly wide variety but not so many as to take up too many animation slots.

How do animations "show their age?" They don't change- they're exactly the same today as they were when they were released. Unlike us users, who are 6 years older than we were then. WE are the ones showing our age. lol. If you mean that some of the animations are less than optimal, well of course some of them are, but @Ashal doesn't make them- we have to wait for the animators of the world to improve or replace them, and I haven't seen much of that going on.

If SexLab included fewer animations, more of us would be forced to use SLAL (which has been pretty buggy based on reports in various threads) to load more animation packs, most of which are about non-consensual sex and so not of any use to those of us who don't personally care for them.

TL; DR: I vote to keep about the same number of animations in SexLab, replacing (some of) them with better-quality ones as they become available. Those who want more can fight with SLAL and install them.

34 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

a lot of the animations that come with SexLab are seriously starting to show there age (it's one of the reasons why i want the creature animations moved to MNC, it's so i can sort out the ones that have more up to date variations available in SLAL packs)

I could agree with creature animations not being part of Sexlab. I'm not using them so it'd be ideal if they could be moved somewhere else to lessen the load. As for what you're saying about them showing their age, I don't know about that, most of them look fine from where I'm standing but problem is I've only been using the ones that come with the package, none of the others seem to suit what I'm looking for. I'm not that interested in the weirder and kinkier stuff that seems to be in the majority, to be honest. If newer animations come along that have stuff I like, then I'll attempt to use the Animation Loader, assuming I get off my lazy arse to start looking.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

How do animations "show their age?" They don't change

If SexLab included fewer animations, more of us would be forced to use SLAL (which has been pretty buggy based on reports in various threads) to load more animation packs, most of which are about non-consensual sex and so not of any use to those of us who don't personally care for them.

....and this is why you don't see how things have changed, the newer animations made in the past 2 years (that are all in SLAL Packs) move much more smoothly and are far more advanced than the ones made 6+ years ago.

also SLAL works perfectly fine, it's Skyrim with it's stupid string limit fucking over FNIS that is the problem.

1 hour ago, JimKhan said:

I could agree with creature animations not being part of Sexlab. I'm not using them so it'd be ideal if they could be moved somewhere else to lessen the load. As for what you're saying about them showing their age, I don't know about that, most of them look fine from where I'm standing but problem is I've only been using the ones that come with the package, none of the others seem to suit what I'm looking for. I'm not that interested in the weirder and kinkier stuff that seems to be in the majority, to be honest. If newer animations come along that have stuff I like, then I'll attempt to use the Animation Loader, assuming I get off my lazy arse to start looking.

there are many SLAL Packs listed here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

there is something for everyone, you just need to look.

I can't even imagine using SL without SLAL and some good animation packs and this is the first I've heard of it being buggy ?. The newer animations really are worlds better than a lot of what comes bundled with SL and I would also love a version with fewer (or even no) included animations.