Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

A little progress update - I'm able to import the mesh into Blender, modify it and successfully inject it back into the game:

5ac94426ed06b_DOAX_VV-2018-04-08-081502.0.thumb.jpg.b0df7b5680fb5d13379a8f5ea44f6361.jpg

There's still a bit more work to go before this is ready, but - no more barbie dolls.

Very nice to see you modders finally achieved this on that online game, thank you all for all your work !

make a clean post please ( mostly OP post)

- what the mod are ( link to the mods)

- how to use/instal them

- requirement ( if needed)

because right now, its pain in the ass to understand a thing about this thread.. we see bunch of picture, bunch of links, but no idea what the mod are , what the devs stuff are ... how to install etc..

soo please someone make a clean post for that, will be more helpfull for the whole topic.

1 hour ago, alpalia said:

- how to use/instal them

because right now, its pain in the ass to understand a thing about this thread.. we see bunch of picture, bunch of links, but no idea what the mod are , what the devs stuff are ... how to install etc..

soo please someone make a clean post for that, will be more helpfull for the whole topic.

Just search for the 3dmigoto (by ausgeek) post download it and put it in the doax3 folder, after that, take the great textures pack (by Knight77) and just put the textures folder in the doax3 folder too.

That's all .

3 hours ago, alpalia said:

- how to use/instal them

Yeah I am going to post a master post with a zip file of all needed items

If anyone wants to start taking looking at editing some meshes, the Blender 3DMigoto addon is here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

1. Install it via File -> User Preferences -> Add-ons -> Install add-on from file, then enable it
  2. File -> Import -> 3DMigoto frame analysis dump
  3. Select one of the vb or ib text files of the mesh you wish to import. The meshes tend to be split up over multiple draw calls, and you can choose to import other parts of the mesh found in the same frame analysis dump directory at the same time (enabled by default), or even merge them together into a single mesh (not enabled by default - only use for parts of the mesh that you want drawn together, e.g. Marie Rose's body is split in two while wearing the White Lace Bikini purely because of a triangle limit, and that's fine to merge, but avoid merging things like the skin and fingernails (fingernail dumping is not enabled in the d3dx.ini) or different parts of costumes that are to be drawn separately with different shaders/transparency settings - this will make more sense in the next 3DMigoto release*).
  4. If you have imported a mesh used with one costume that you intend to use to replace a mesh used with a different costume you need to also import a vgmap file while the mesh is selected. I've attached several of these that we will definitely want and an updated version of the remap_mesh_bones.py script that can generate more. You can import several of these if you add a suffix during import - then when you export multiple .vb files will be generated, one for each vgmap attached to the mesh. If you need to remove an attached vgmap, they are in the object's custom data (do not attempt to edit them via the Blender UI though, as it will corrupt them - if you need to do that for some reason edit the .vgmap file instead and re-import it).
  5. Edit the mesh however you need, but keep it in Blender to make sure the custom data attached to the object is preserved. You should be fine to save and load the .blend file and can treat that as your master.
  6. File -> Export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers
  7. Set up a mesh replacement in the d3dx.ini following the example of the Honoka and Marie mesh replacements I already have there. The number after drawindexed is briefly displayed in Blender when exporting, or take the filesize of the produced .ib file in bytes and divide by two (if you're lazy, it seems to work to make it larger than you actually need). I'll add a "drawindexed=auto" in a future release of 3DMigoto to simplify this.

* I'm going to add a constraint to [TextureOverride] sections in the next release of 3DMigoto so that they can match sub-parts of a mesh, so you can remove or replace individual pieces of a costume without having to resort to filtering on combinations of shaders & buffers.

The import process won't remove duplicate vertices or make any attempt to de-triangulate the mesh as these can be a little lossy (not much, but enough for a slight neck seam to become visible), but in general as long as you avoid the edges of the mesh you should be able to remove duplicate vertices and dissolve unwanted edges to simplify editing the mesh without any problems - the export process will duplicate vertices as necessary for per-face data (e.g. distinct UV coordinates or normals).

Don't mess around too much with the vertex groups - you can safely rename them and change the weights on the vertices as you like, but don't change the order of the vertex groups.

Vertex groups, multiple UV layers and custom normals are all imported and exported, but no bones are created to pose the characters in Blender as yet, nor is there an option to import the constant buffer containing the pose from the game. I'll experiment with this later, but for now this should be enough to edit the meshes. UV textures are not imported automatically, but you can easily set them in the UV editor window or add a material to the mesh.

Do let me know about any issues you find with this addon - it seems to be working for me, but there could still be edge cases I haven't covered properly or bugs lurking in wait.

honoka_nude_to_luna_green.vgmap

honoka_nude_to_white_lace.vgmap

marie_nude_to_white_lace.vgmap

remap_mesh_bones.py

54 minutes ago, xkaliber8888 said:

Can anyone tell me please how to get that white lace bikini ? no matter how many tec mode matches i play i wont get it, even when i try gatcha no luck at all.

You definitely can get it from the standard V stone gacha. I don't know if it can drop as a match reward.

Matching sub-meshes is working in the current dev build of 3DMigoto, giving a variety of options for the cover girl's shoot:

5acba812814fe_DOAX_VV-2018-04-10-024801.0.thumb.jpg.bd455d79dc3eccf87ab515d870e80add.jpg5acba816a642d_DOAX_VV-2018-04-10-024815.0.thumb.jpg.301fc5e596d1c0f12d9bbf479899bb33.jpg5acba818b4225_DOAX_VV-2018-04-10-025608.0.thumb.jpg.7d9d0152935e8ea87912f4774d2f95ad.jpg

I've also managed to clean up the shared model a little for the rest of the characters - got rid of those nasty skid marks around the waist and back. I still expect that some of the more experienced 3D artists here will be able to do a better job, but I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do :smile:

On 08/04/2018 at 8:50 AM, Noice123 said:

How's the preformance when all girls have their meshes injected?

Pretty much the same as it is without - we add one draw call and remove another and the mesh swap is just switching around some lightweight pointers. The model is loaded into VRAM when it is first seen, but then it stays there.

If performance is an issue for you I can probably regain a little bit by switching the wildcard match all ShaderRegex into a couple of more specific ShaderOverrides.

On 08/04/2018 at 9:38 AM, Wizeguy said:

Nice work on the mods by the way awesome to see how far we've come. I was just wondering when your ready to release these new mesh edits can you make it into a package like a zip file I just have to extract into the game folder? I'm abit simple when it comes to using mod tools. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Yeah, that's the plan. There's a few things I want to get ready for it (a bit of work on 3DMigoto itself to be more modular), so it will probably be a few days away, but the plan is that you'll install 3DMigoto as the base and then just extract whichever mods you want into a mods directory and you won't have to worry about editing the d3dx.ini. You still won't be able to have two mods that replace the same thing installed at the same time, but it should just be a matter of picking and choosing the ones you want.

15 hours ago, vampirata said:

Im going to cry... thank you very much guys :blush:

10 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

@ausgeek The hero we don't deserve. :smile:

43 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

@ausgeek where can we donate if needed. This mod is gonna make it way more fun. And keep us playing. Especially with all the limit to in game content locked behind pesky pay walls.

Also keep up the awesome work.

Flatterers... :confused:

I turned the fan on for her:

5acd05b420b24_DOAX_VV-2018-04-11-040529.0.thumb.jpg.237af13f07ce56709415d262dd9bc272.jpg

Also, I've updated the blender addon (same place as before) to cope with more elaborate changes to the vertex groups... notably this means that Blender's weight transfer tool can work instead of relying on the vgmap files, which should mean better results in a wider variety of mesh swaps (maybe, depending on how well it copes with the holes). Remove the 3DMigoto:VGMap custom properties if you already applied some and want to switch.

2 hours ago, ausgeek said:

I turned the fan on for her:

5acd05b420b24_DOAX_VV-2018-04-11-040529.0.thumb.jpg.237af13f07ce56709415d262dd9bc272.jpg

Also, I've updated the blender addon (same place as before) to cope with more elaborate changes to the vertex groups... notably this means that Blender's weight transfer tool can work instead of relying on the vgmap files, which should mean better results in a wider variety of mesh swaps (maybe, depending on how well it copes with the holes). Remove the 3DMigoto:VGMap custom properties if you already applied some and want to switch.

Looks great ?