Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

11 hours ago, rotsac13 said:

I've been working on cataloguing the textures for all the common (non-event N&R rarity) swimsuits. I've also collected alternative (DOAX3) swimsuit textures I could find floating on the web and recoloured a bunch by hand (might not be 100% accurate).

Y'all can download them here.

You can choose to download all the original and alternative textures at once, or just the alternative textures.

Also, you can put a ~ followed by any text after the texture ID in the .dds files and it will still work (at least with resorep, I'm not sure if it works with 3DMigoto as well. If it doesn't you're gonna have to delete all the ~base, ~spec and ~nrm I put in there).

Enjoy!

Some previews:

Reveal hidden contents

preview.thumb.png.33d1143600599ceef7caa1fe29ebafa2.png

preview.thumb.png.61b72f9ebf2133dffcacc219a1ff9c7b.png

preview.thumb.png.5bc5213ae7db887261c5b959df295990.png

preview.thumb.png.3ac02cd181bd4fd0b763b19765c00f93.png

They look great :smile:

With resorep they can easily be used I guess. With 3Dmigoto you need new lines of code for each one, which will take some time.

But as I mentioned before. I am still into modding some outfits, not only the full nude mods.

6 hours ago, xxJesusChristxx said:

No I meant I wanted to see what the textures looks like in Photoshop, theyre completely dark. Other samples such as a texture of skirim MOD, it doesnt look like them. hmmm I have to look into the problem myself...

Hm that's odd. I did just looked at the files. I can easily open them in photoshop, with the right plugin!

One thing though! The Honoka textures are missing the correct alpha texture, which uses the game as bump map. So I need to fix that!

Fixed Honoka Textures with correct Alpha:

3779584_Honoka_Nipples_Pubic_stripe.dds

3779584_Honoka_Nipples_Pubic_bush.dds

3779584_Honoka_Nipples_NoPubic_04.dds

also my Luna map with the same ladybits like Honoka:

6291332_Luna_Nipples_NoPubes_01.dds

There should definitly be a Master post for all these textures. so that they aren't spread over the whole thread.

I think I'll do an update to 3DMigoto to include ini files from subdirectories to make this all a little more modular, so texture mods/mesh mods/costume removals can just include the replacement texture/mesh and an .ini file telling 3DMigoto what to do. Then you can use my release as a base, and just unpack zip files into a "mods" directory to pick and choose which mods you want.

I'm also contemplating adding something to allow 3DMigoto to replace all textures from a directory like umod/resorap automatically, but that's a lower priority and scores pretty badly on the complexity (read: bugs) vs benefit test, so may not materialise.

2 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

@knight77 Will it possible to get your smooth tanline textures working with 3DMigoto? I can't play without them lol, and it's a pain to remove 3DMigoto to apply them to a new character.

xD yeah they are nice, right?^^
And yes it is possible! I haven't had the time yet to analyse it with 3dmigoto, but this is the next thing I am going to with that tool.

Just need to finish a something else first.

8 hours ago, Noice123 said:

You said you were a Dev of 3DMigoto? With the games limitations, I just have a question why have you become so interested in modding a game like this? 

Mostly because I'm playing it, there's an interesting problem to solve and the other modding tools you were using just don't work on my system :-p

Also, while my focus for 3DMigoto has been on 3D Vision modding many of the features I've written are more generally useful and in a lot of areas it is superior to the competing modding tools and far more stable, but almost no one knows that outside of the 3D Vision community - we've got a few other modders using it that I know about (one is using it for a complete graphics overhaul mod as he wasn't satisfied with the limitations of SweetFX), but I could probably count them on one hand.

So yeah, part of my motivation here is to spread word of what 3DMigoto is capable of to other modding communities. And if you had a look at my Patreon you would see that I'm currently unemployed, and the donations I'm accepting from the 3D Vision community are only covering about 1/10th of my rent (it's a relatively small community). I'm certainly not expecting much from here, but I am hoping that if some people here appreciate the value the tool brings that they might consider donating to support my work on it.

And this community feels like it would be a good fit for 3DMigoto, since a lot of what you do is texture & mesh replacements/removals, which 3DMigoto can help with in many games without having to be game specific, and which I'm willing to spend some time improving for other games that might still throw come curve balls our way (trust me, there will be curve balls). This game might be the starting point, but I certainly don't see it being the end.

For reference: As far as I'm aware 3DMigoto was the first tool that could do texture replacements for DX11 games, as I added support for that back in 2015 when I needed to inject custom textures into my Far Cry 4 3D Vision mod. Resorap wasn't released until 2016 and still lacks the stability of 3DMigoto. 3DMigoto is used in hundreds of titles and we have good stability, and we are always working to improve compatibility with newer titles if they don't work for whatever reason. Every DX11 title on this list was modded using 3DMigoto (the DX9 and OpengGL titles will use other tools):

https://helixmod.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/game-list-automatically-updated.html

And you know - as a photographer I certainly appreciate the female form as an artform:

http://valen.darkstarsword.net/photos/stereo/NSFW/crosseyed/

2 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

Will it possible to get your smooth tanline textures working with 3DMigoto? I can't play without them lol, and it's a pain to remove 3DMigoto to apply them to a new character.

They certainly can be made to work with 3DMigoto - I would have set them up in the d3dx.ini, but I didn't know which files corresponded to which texture and I wasn't able to get resorap to work to dump the originals to compare them. If I could work out what hashing scheme resorap was using then I could have potentially added it as another hashing algorithm in 3DMigoto, but unlike 3DMigoto it's not open source and it would take longer to reverse engineer it than it would for knight77 to use 3DMigoto's frame analysis feature to find the 3DMigoto hashes and match them up.

12 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

I get that your modding it because your playing it but it relies on online so your probably going to hit a road block very soon. And the files are encrypted so it's gonna be very hard.

Yep, that encryption totally stopped m- oh, wait:

progress.png

15 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Yep, that encryption totally stopped m- oh, wait:

progress.png

Lol others did the same all your doing is extracting the mesh. Pretty sure someone tried to edit it. Also had issues. Anyway good luck. I hope you can make way for a better "nude" mod. Not this Barbie doll stuff.

You're a naysayer mate. Maybe even a troll, but I'll give you the benefit on the doubt on that one a while longer.

If you're not trolling then I'm letting you know that you are out of your league and do not understand the significance of what is in front of you. I'm sure knight77 picked up on certain details I intentionally included in that screenshot, but since you have now twice demonstrated that you can't tell the difference between Ninja Ripper and 3DMigoto I don't think there is much point trying to explain. How about you just wait and see.

8 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

You're a naysayer mate. Maybe even a troll, but I'll give you the benefit on the doubt on that one a while longer.

If you're not trolling then I'm letting you know that you are out of your league and do not understand the significance of what is in front of you. I'm sure knight77 picked up on certain details I intentionally included in that screenshot, but since you have now twice demonstrated that you can't tell the difference between Ninja Ripper and 3DMigoto I don't think there is much point trying to explain. How about you just wait and see.

:classic_undecided: 

7 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Yeah I have seen the vertex groups ;)

@Noice:

ausgeek is trying to rip of the meshes with more original info that ninjaripper does, since NR only rips off the base mesh in its zeroed state and without any form of bones or UV layers

I asked if 3Dmigoto is capable of ripping these info, cause I want to use these models for other animations (you might look at my blog or tumblr if you are interested), but without these info it is going to be a pain in the ass to rig these girls all from the start.

Also I am a sucker for details and I like the diversity of these girls, but like I said before NR only rips the meshes in zeroed state, meaning that the different hip-, breasts- and general scales of these girls are not visible.

So girls like Kasumi, Ayane, Nyotengu, Helena and etc have exactly the same figure! But I really like that Nyotengu is a bit taller, thicker in the hip and has somer fuller, heavier breasts!

So ausgeek is trying help me get detailes exported.

I still could rig them all from the base mesh, and add these details later on my own, but then I still would need some reference to set the values to. All a messy pain in the ass. Extracting these exact values from the game would it make much much easier^^

So I am beeing a lazy asshole and let ausgeek figure out a way to get me these values.

Thanks ausgeek for that, by the way <3

If you ever wanted to play at higher resolutions or just take higher quality shots here's how.

1. Backup C:\Users(YOURUSER)\DOAX-VenusVacation\DOAX_VV.exe file.
2. Hex edit DOAX_VV.exe file. I used wxHexEditor.
3. Search and replace two instances of 800700003804 with 000F00007008 (Or what ever resoultion you want)
This replaces 1920x1080 with 3840x2160 (Or what ever resoultion you chose) .

7680 4320 8k (4x UHD)         (001E0000E0100000) 
5120 2880 5k (4x QHD)         (00140000400B0000) 
3840 2160 4k UHD (4x FHD)    (000F000070080000) 
2560 1440 3k QHD (4x HD)    (000A0000A0050000) 
1920 1080 2k FHD          (8007000038040000) 
1600 0900              (4006000084030000) 
1366 0768              (5605000000030000) 
1280 0720 HD              (00050000D0020000) 
0960 0540 (1/4 of FHD)      (C00300001C020000) 
0640 0360 (1/4 of HD)       (8002000068010000) 

Note:  You must backup your .exe and you have to redo this hex edit every time the game is updated

19 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

A little progress update - I'm able to import the mesh into Blender, modify it and successfully inject it back into the game:

There's still a bit more work to go before this is ready, but - no more barbie dolls.

ee9509c8569322f8607c22bb246edb5794500c5a90d3f6c19172ac6909e9cdc6.jpg.77b25afff839b7686b9d116738d58d3f.jpg

23 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

A little progress update - I'm able to import the mesh into Blender, modify it and successfully inject it back into the game:

There's still a bit more work to go before this is ready, but - no more barbie dolls.

Nice work. 

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

Nice work on the mods by the way awesome to see how far we've come. I was just wondering when your ready to release these new mesh edits can you make it into a package like a zip file I just have to extract into the game folder? I'm abit simple when it comes to using mod tools. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!