Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

2 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

How are you exporting them? And where did you get them? Also seems like people don't care about this sort of stuff. They just want "nude" girls!

I've just been editing the existing ones like removing the 'eagle' and denim holes from the scallops bikini using photoshop and the intel dds plugin. I've tried a bunch of different export settings in that plugin and the nvidia dds plugin as well but they always have the same result where the bikini looks kinda shiny and inside out.

1 minute ago, rotsac13 said:

I've just been editing the existing ones like removing the 'eagle' and denim holes from the scallops bikini using photoshop and the intel dds plugin. I've tried a bunch of different export settings in that plugin and the nvidia dds plugin as well but they always have the same result where the bikini looks kinda shiny and inside out.

I see what version of Photoshop are you using? And have you got the latest update for the plugin for NVIDIA DSS plugin. Also what are you using to extract the textures?

12 hours ago, Ashes34 said:

And the mentioned toggle hotkey which enables/disables everything would be much apprechiated, too.

That will take a little bit of time to add - normally in 3DMigoto we implement on/off toggles by editing the shader code (that's how the UI toggle works in this), but although we could do the same here, since the costume disable and texture swaps take place in 3DMigoto's programming language I think the toggle would be better off being placed there as well, but while said mini programming language is pretty powerful, it is not yet turing complete and lacks an 'if' statement. Adding that has been on my TODO list for ages now, but there's always been a viable alternative that meant it never quite got to the top of that list.

13 hours ago, Ashes34 said:

PS: In all these years of programming class, it would have never come to my mind to just use ";" instead of the usual "//" to comment a line out (with ";" being obviously the better option). Oh well, you never stop learning, haha.

So funnily enough the ; has always been the correct comment character to use in .ini files, and the fact that // works in most .ini files as well is dumb luck (most ini parsers treat "// comment" as key="// comment", value="", and nothing ever looks for that key). 3DMigoto nowadays has a lot of checks for malformed ini files and will warn about incorrect comment characters in most (not all) sections, but on the other hand 3DMigoto no longer uses an entirely standard ini file either, as any section that supports 3DMigoto's "command list" (the mini programming language) is permitted to have duplicate "keys" since those are actually sequential statements, and some of the other sections (like the driver profile, ShaderRegex Pattern & Replace sections) are completely non-standard. Also funnily enough is that the win32 ini parser is perfectly fine with our variations to the ini format (however we had to ditch it anyway for performance reasons), but other third party ini parsers can get tripped up.

8 hours ago, honey68228 said:

I mean the "DISP ON" on the picture
Can you hide it?

Yes, the HUD toggle key should hide that as well - I use that all the time. If that's not working, check that you are on the highest quality settings - I think the lower settings might use different HUD shaders that I haven't included in the toggle (I can add them if you want, but right now my priority is on getting this blender import/export script working).

8 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

I see what version of Photoshop are you using? And have you got the latest update for the plugin for NVIDIA DSS plugin. Also what are you using to extract the textures?

Photoshop cc 2017 and intel texture works v1.0.4. I've extracted all the swimsuit textures using resorep.

edit: and Nvidia CS3 release 1

17 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

Edit: unless you have the original with the right mapping you will probably encounter issues with it looking dull or pixelated. And the lighting of the current area might make it look super bright in a dull area. I noticed most Swimsuits have 2 textures one dull and the other normal. Gotta accommodate for both.

All swimsuits have a base texture and a specular and normal map. The specular map needs to be exported without an alpha channel or else it won't work.

8 minutes ago, rotsac13 said:

Photoshop cc 2017 and intel texture works v1.0.4. I've extracted all the swimsuit textures using resorep.

edit: and Nvidia CS3 release 1

All swimsuits have a base texture and a specular and normal map. The specular map needs to be exported without an alpha channel or else it won't work.

Where are these files coming from?

7 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

Where are these files coming from?

From DOAXVV. I go to swimsuit selection, turn on resorep, select a swimsuit and it extracts it in resoreps original\DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_TYPELESS folder.

Unless you mean the DOAX3 textures, I don't know how to extract from that, I've found a couple on deviantart and stuff and the ones that are just colour variations I try to recreate using the ones from DOAXVV.

11 minutes ago, rotsac13 said:

From DOAXVV. I go to swimsuit selection, turn on resorep, select a swimsuit and it extracts it in resoreps original\DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_TYPELESS folder.

Unless you mean the DOAX3 textures, I don't know how to extract from that, I've found a couple on deviantart and stuff and the ones that are just colour variations I try to recreate using the ones from DOAXVV.

Alright. ? And you said you have issues?

8 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

Alright. ? And you said you have issues?

With the normal maps, yes. When I export them even without editing them, they show up as a kinda shiny inverted mess, so my export settings must be wrong but I can't for the life of me figure out what they should be. I've trial-and-errored a bunch of different settings all with the same result.

6 hours ago, Noice123 said:

So is everyone just interested in nude mods? 

in this game? Of course! Why else would you play this game and unlock the girls with all her jiggling beauty if you can't see them in their birthday suits?

1 hour ago, rotsac13 said:

I am very much interested in swimsuit edits!:open_mouth: I get bored of looking at the same stuff all the time. In fact, I have been working on neatly organising all the common swimsuit textures and creating 'texture packs' for all the DOAX3 swimsuits I can find floating on the web or can just recolour myself. I was just polishing them up and planning to release them maybe later today. 

I can't find all the DOAX3 textures though and would be very happy if you'd share them.

Also, do you or anyone else know the proper dds export settings for the normal maps? They've been a big pain in my butt.

This should work:

Normal_DDS_export.jpg.1336ede4f357356ee2fd3db342f8bdc1.jpg

For images with color you pick the same settings, just the compression is set to "Fine (sRGB)", and when it has alpha you go to texture type: "color + alpha".

That can happen for normal maps and color maps!

Just remember, normal and bump maps are usually NON-COLOR maps, which is what the term "Linear" stands for in these settings, while the other maps use colors, so you need the "sRGB" setting.

Also:

Since 3Dmigoto isn't replacing the original texture but replacing it with a specific texture name, I could rename all the textures I have edited for better overview!

Just need to change the names in the dx file as well, but it would probably help everyone who is also editing the game to see what he/she changed!

.... Ok. I use Nivdia DDS Script and works great. With TN once they see these nude mods they will most likely change things in game to make it harder or rename certain things. Already seen people get DMCA takedowns with simple resolution edits. 

28 minutes ago, knight77 said:

For images with color you pick the same settings, just the compression is set to "Fine (sRGB)", and when it has alpha you go to texture type: "color + alpha".

That can happen for normal maps and color maps!

Just remember, normal and bump maps are usually NON-COLOR maps, which is what the term "Linear" stands for in these settings, while the other maps use colors, so you need the "sRGB" setting.

Ah thanks a bunch! This works! This opens up a lot more possibilities for me.

2 hours ago, ausgeek said:

Yes, the HUD toggle key should hide that as well - I use that all the time. If that's not working, check that you are on the highest quality settings - I think the lower settings might use different HUD shaders that I haven't included in the toggle (I can add them if you want, but right now my priority is on getting this blender import/export script working).

I understand, thank you!

Another problem is that there are some mistakes in the shadow on the ground!
Is there a way to improve it?

DOAX-VenusVacation_180404_180205.jpg

13 hours ago, janong49 said:

Finally I can make it. This is Luna hash

[TextureOverrideLuna]

hash = fb2865c1
ps-t0 = ResourceLunaNude

[ResourceLunaNude]
filename = Save_DOAXVV_texEdits/Nipple Tex/6291332.dds

luna1.jpg

Would you share that texture and the ladybits resource with us please :smile:

Marie-Rose_nude_swap.thumb.jpg.e788dca5fa8d4b7c54a0ddb027f890ef.jpg

The is the Lv 50 Marie-Rose scene. I scrolled thorugh the index buffer and marked the nude mesh. SO what do I need to do now?

I tried to understand what you did in the d3dx file, but you got some new files there, which I don't know how you created them or what they are exactly.

But maybe this info helps with further steps.

2 hours ago, Noice123 said:

.... Ok. I use Nivdia DDS Script and works great. With TN once they see these nude mods they will most likely change things in game to make it harder or rename certain things. Already seen people get DMCA takedowns with simple resolution edits. 

what it DMCA?

1 hour ago, knight77 said:

Marie-Rose_nude_swap.thumb.jpg.e788dca5fa8d4b7c54a0ddb027f890ef.jpg

The is the Lv 50 Marie-Rose scene. I scrolled thorugh the index buffer and marked the nude mesh. SO what do I need to do now?

I tried to understand what you did in the d3dx file, but you got some new files there, which I don't know how you created them or what they are exactly.

But maybe this info helps with further steps.

Can you do a frame analysis dump (F8 while hunting mode is enabled) of that scene and send me the result? Alternatively you can use the python script I added to the zip file to process the mesh yourself, but I've noticed that Marie's mesh seems to be done in two draw calls, so the script might need a few extra tweaks.

I've made some progress on the blender import/export script btw - I'll let you know when it's ready.

1 hour ago, knight77 said:

Some error must have saved automatically in the ShaderFix folder. Dunno what and why, but it caused it.

Numpad 3 and 6 dump shaders into ShaderFixes and make them live. Since the shaders are decompiled and decompilation is not an exact process, sometimes this corrupts the shaders. You can disable these key bindings in the d3dx.ini if you find they are causing you problems.

As to why it made the clothes re-appear - it would have been one of the shaders used to draw these, and once it was in ShaderFixes 3DMigoto stopped considering it as a candidate for [ShaderRegexEnableIBCommandLists] and as such stopped enabling the index buffer command lists for that shader.

48 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

Can you do a frame analysis dump (F8 while hunting mode is enabled) of that scene and send me the result? Alternatively you can use the python script I added to the zip file to process the mesh yourself, but I've noticed that Marie's mesh seems to be done in two draw calls, so the script might need a few extra tweaks.

I've made some progress on the blender import/export script btw - I'll let you know when it's ready.

You got a message :smile: