Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

3 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

Right click the shader and you should see a list of all the textures in that shader. Just disable the swimsuit texture.

But My right click can choose only disable shader. Did I do something wrong?  

sample.jpg

30 minutes ago, JoeMesh said:

Try enabling "Skip Draws" first. If that doesn't work, then I have no clue. That's how I've been doing it.

Can your send your d3d11_shaders.txt and SpecialK.txt from DOAX_VV.exe profiles folder?

Mesh replacement with 3DMigoto - This is Honoka's bare mesh from her intro replacing her white lace bikini mesh, resulting in no holes in the mesh and no depressions where the clothes went. The same thing should work with Marie's mesh, but I haven't unlocked her level 50 yet. Has anyone found another scene suitable for grabbing the mesh for the rest of the characters?

This wasn't quite a straight vertex/index buffer swap - none of the BLENDINDICES matched between the meshes leading to a distorted mess, but I was able to remap them with a script to the correct values. The next release of 3DMigoto (edit: 1.3.8 is now up on github) will have significant advances to the frame analysis feature for dumping meshes (namely, decoding the vertex buffers including BLENDINDICES, BLENDWEIGHTs, etc), which is part of what made this possible (or at least easier).

I think I should be able to write an import/export script to get these into blender and back into the game to facilitate arbitrary mesh editing - this isn't an area I have a whole lot of experience in though, so no promises yet.

This is also using 3DMigoto for the costume removal, texture replacement and HUD removal (and stereo 3D screenshot, because that's what 3DMigoto was originally designed for).

DOAX_VV - 2018-04-03 - 103658.0.jpg

9 hours ago, janong49 said:

But My right click can choose only disable shader. Did I do something wrong?  

sample.jpg

Mine also does this. Big window in multi-tex shaders like there's supposed to be more options with no actual usable options. I've no clue what will make them pop up, though. Joe's files didn't help that one out.

30 minutes ago, ferris31 said:

Mine also does this. Big window in multi-tex shaders like there's supposed to be more options with no actual usable options. I've no clue what will make them pop up, though. Joe's files didn't help that one out.

in SpecialK.ini

AllowUnsafeRefCounting=true 

7 hours ago, ausgeek said:

Mesh replacement with 3DMigoto - This is Honoka's bare mesh from her intro replacing her white lace bikini mesh, resulting in no holes in the mesh and no depressions where the clothes went. The same thing should work with Marie's mesh, but I haven't unlocked her level 50 yet. Has anyone found another scene suitable for grabbing the mesh for the rest of the characters?

This wasn't quite a straight vertex/index buffer swap - none of the BLENDINDICES matched between the meshes leading to a distorted mess, but I was able to remap them with a script to the correct values. The next release of 3DMigoto (edit: 1.3.8 is now up on github) will have significant advances to the frame analysis feature for dumping meshes (namely, decoding the vertex buffers including BLENDINDICES, BLENDWEIGHTs, etc), which is part of what made this possible (or at least easier).

I think I should be able to write an import/export script to get these into blender and back into the game to facilitate arbitrary mesh editing - this isn't an area I have a whole lot of experience in though, so no promises yet.

This is also using 3DMigoto for the costume removal, texture replacement and HUD removal (and stereo 3D screenshot, because that's what 3DMigoto was originally designed for).

So only works on the girls who have had nude scenes in the game ayane Marie and Honoka.

49 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

So only works on the girls who have had nude scenes in the game ayane Marie and Honoka.

I will try this software!

I have Lv 50 Marie scene unlocked, and you can get her nude mesh from it!

I also unlocked Lv 50 Ayane, but hers is a video, so no nude mesh there!

Maybe there is another girl with a nude scene!

2 minutes ago, knight77 said:

I will try this software!

I have Lv 50 Marie scene unlocked, and you can get her nude mesh from it!

I also unlocked Lv 50 Ayane, but hers is a video, so no nude mesh there!

Maybe there is another girl with a nude scene!

Ayane does have a nude mesh. But no point because can't mesh edits for areas like breasts or pussy. And the other girls don't have nude meshes. Sucks :confused:

8 hours ago, ausgeek said:

People have tried this and have had no success. They've tried the exact and more.

10 hours ago, ausgeek said:

Can you give a brief intro how you did that?

I run the game now wit the green text and the numpad to scroll trough something. But I dont know how to swap the meshes now.

Attached is 3DMigoto configured for this game:

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=483342

Edit: Updated, see this post: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87780-dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/?do=findComment&comment=2200433

Extract it into the game directory and remove Resorap / SpecialK if installed (3DMigoto replaces both their use cases), then extract knight77's texture replacements from this post:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87780-dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/?do=findComment&comment=2192146

3DMigoto is configured to look for those texture replacements in the Save_DOAXVV_texEdits folder from knight77's zip file, so you want the directory structure to look like this:

DOAX_VV.exe
d3d11.dll
d3dx.ini
ShaderFixes/*
Save_DOAXVV_texEdits/*

3DMigoto is configured to replace the skin textures, remove the White Lace Bikini and Towel costumes and replace their tan textures. Honoka's mesh will be replaced whenever she is wearing the white lace bikini. It also includes my 3D Vision mod, so if you are on an NVIDIA system and have the appropriate hardware you can see the game in stereo 3D (refer to the readme for stereo 3D specific instructions). The mouse back button is set to toggle the HUD visibility to enhance the enjoyment of the game (edit the d3dx.ini if you would prefer that to be assigned to a different key/button). If you are an end user this should be all you need to do - just launch the game and 3DMigoto will take care of the rest.

If you are a modder I'll give you a very quick primer on 3DMigoto:

• Before launching the game, edit the d3dx.ini and set hunting=1 (enabled) or hunting=2 (soft disabled). This can be toggled on and off at runtime via the numpad 0 key, and the overlay will be displayed to signify when hunting is enabled. Certain modding features (including frame analysis) will only operate while the overlay is displayed.
  • Most of the d3dx.ini can be edited live and reloaded via F10 without having to restart the game, provided that hunting=1 or hunting=2 was set when the game was launched (some things can even be edited even if hunting=0, but we don't recommend that). Enabling hunting has a slight performance cost (which is higher when hunting=1), so always set this to hunting=0 before releasing to an end user.
  • 3DMigoto was not originally designed as a texture replacement tool, so it doesn't automatically replace textures (conversely it does automatically replace shaders with those in ShaderFixes, as that is part of it's primary use case), however this functionality has arisen as a consequence of other features. 3DMigoto contains a fairly powerful mini programming language that allows you to manipulate DirectX state at a fairly low level, which allows you to among other things replace a texture or mesh just before the game uses it. In the d3dx.ini you will see I have several [Resource] sections that load textures, vertex buffers and index buffers from files, which are used in conjunction with [TextureOverride] sections to swap the textures/meshes in when a matching texture/mesh is used by the game, and [ShaderOverride] or [ShaderRegex] sections to trigger the [TextureOverride] sections when a matching shader is used (3DMigoto will automatically trigger the ShaderOverride command lists, but not the TextureOverride command lists for performance reasons).
  • 3DMigoto is flexible in what image format you use when replacing textures - it can load most forms of dds, jpg, png, etc. You don't need to match what the game used, though it's not a bad idea either.
  • Any files referenced from the d3dx.ini are also reloaded when pressing F10, so you can work on these live. The updated skin texture will take effect immediately on F10, though the tan texture only takes effect when clicking the buttons to change the amount of tan (because the game only runs those shaders when doing that).
  • To disable other costumes, locate their index buffer hashes by enabling the hunting overlay and pressing numpad 7/8 until the mesh disappears. Add a [TextureOverride*] section for this to the d3dx.ini with the hash you found from hunting, and "handling = skip" to remove it.
  • The d3dx.ini I've provided has frame analysis configured to dump the skin texture, tan texture and mesh, but nothing else (and of course it logs every DirectX call the game makes during the frame as standard). To run frame analysis, enable the hunting overlay and press F8.
  • I've provided the remap_mesh_bones.py python script I wrote to fix the BLENDINDICES of the dumped meshes. To use this:
    1. Install Python 3 and numpy, and/or the cygwin variants of these if you prefer that environment
    2. Run frame analysis when the nude mesh is displayed, and again when the mesh you wish to replace is displayed
    3. Identify (e.g. from the corresponding dumped textures) which draw call was used for the body texture in both frame analysis dumps (as opposed to the face)
    4. ./remap_mesh_bones.py FrameAnalysis-Nude/ctx-*/<drawcall>-vb0*.txt --reference FrameAnalysis-WhiteLace/ctx-*/<drawcall>-vb0*.txt ShaderFixes/OutputMesh.vb

5. Copy the index buffer buf file (not txt) from the FrameAnalysis nude dump to the same place (OutputMesh.ib or whatever)

6. Examine the index buffer txt file from the FrameAnalysis nude dump to find the index count that was used for that draw call

7. Copy the [ResourceHonokaBodyNudeVB], [ResourceHonokaBodyNudeIB] and [TextureOverrideHonokaBodyWhiteLaceVB] in the d3dx.ini sections for the new mesh replacement and give them all new unique names (the prefix in the ini section like "ShaderOverride", "TextureOverride" and "Resource" is significant to 3DMigoto as it tells it what kind of section it is, but the rest of the name is free form and just has to be unique), and adjust the filenames, hash=, vb0=, ib=, and drawindexed=. The hash= comes from the frame analysis dump of the mesh you are replacing - look for "vb0=xxxxxxxx" in the filename.

I'm one of the authors of 3DMigoto, so if you run into problems let me know. I also accept donations if you would like to support my work on it:

https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword

On 03/04/2018 at 6:18 PM, Noice123 said:

That may not be a deal breaker - if the meshes for the other girls are close enough to Ayane's they might be interchangeable (edit: and as others have already noted and I just confirmed, these are actually all the same mesh, so replacing Ayane's mesh for a given costume will replace all the other girls as well), and in principle we should be able to edit any of the meshes, but that part is not ready yet (however I don't think 3DMigoto needs any further changes to support it - from here on it is all work on external tools/scripts to work with the mesh files).

On 03/04/2018 at 7:16 PM, Noice123 said:

People have tried this and have had no success. They've tried the exact and more.

I don't think anyone has tried it with 3DMigoto - beyond the mesh replacement being relatively new in 3DMigoto (technically it's been in for a while, but polish and bug fixes help) the fact that 3DMigoto can interject at the time of the draw call means it has more flexibility than other tools in this regards. The main hurdles to overcome are getting the mesh into blender, getting it back into a vertex buffer matching the input assembler layout, making sure that the blend indices haven't been renumbered by the editing tool, and making sure that any extra per-vertex data has been preserved.

3Dfix-DOAX-VenusVacation-2018-04-03.zip

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=483342

Extract it into the game directory and remove Resorap / SpecialK if installed (3DMigoto replaces both their use cases), then extract knight77's texture replacements from this post:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87780-dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/?do=findComment&comment=2192146

3DMigoto is configured to look for those texture replacements in the Save_DOAXVV_texEdits folder from knight77's zip file, so you want the directory structure to look like this:

DOAX_VV.exe
d3d11.dll
d3dx.ini
ShaderFixes/*
Save_DOAXVV_texEdits/*

3DMigoto is configured to replace the skin textures, remove the White Lace Bikini and Towel costumes and replace their tan textures. It also includes my 3D Vision mod, so if you are on an NVIDIA system and have the appropriate hardware you can see the game in stereo 3D (refer to the readme for stereo 3D specific instructions). The mouse back button is set to toggle the HUD visibility to enhance the enjoyment of the game (edit the d3dx.ini if you would prefer that to be assigned to a different key/button). If you are an end user this should be all you need to do - just launch the game and 3DMigoto will take care of the rest.

• Before launching the game, edit the d3dx.ini and set hunting=1 (enabled) or hunting=2 (soft disabled). This can be toggled on and off at runtime via the numpad 0 key, and the overlay will be displayed to signify when hunting is enabled. Certain modding features (including frame analysis) will only operate while the overlay is displayed.
  • Most of the d3dx.ini can be edited live and reloaded via F10 without having to restart the game, provided that hunting=1 or hunting=2 was set when the game was launched (some things can even be edited even if hunting=0, but we don't recommend that). Enabling hunting has a slight performance cost (which is higher when hunting=1), so always set this to hunting=0 before releasing to an end user.
  • 3DMigoto was not originally designed as a texture replacement tool, so it doesn't automatically replace textures (conversely it does automatically replace shaders with those in ShaderFixes, as that is part of it's primary use case), however this functionality has arisen as a consequence of other features. 3DMigoto contains a fairly powerful mini programming language that allows you to manipulate DirectX state at a fairly low level, which allows you to among other things replace a texture or mesh just before the game uses it. In the d3dx.ini you will see I have several [Resource] sections that load textures, vertex buffers and index buffers from files, which are used in conjunction with [TextureOverride] sections to swap the textures/meshes in when a matching texture/mesh is used by the game, and [ShaderOverride] or [ShaderRegex] sections to trigger the [TextureOverride] sections when a matching shader is used (3DMigoto will automatically trigger the ShaderOverride command lists, but not the TextureOverride command lists for performance reasons).
  • 3DMigoto is flexible in what image format you use when replacing textures - it can load most forms of dds, jpg, png, etc. You don't need to match what the game used, though it's not a bad idea either.
  • Any files referenced from the d3dx.ini are also reloaded when pressing F10, so you can work on these live. The updated skin texture will take effect immediately on F10, though the tan texture only takes effect when clicking the buttons to change the amount of tan (because the game only runs those shaders when doing that).
  • To disable other costumes, locate their index buffer hashes by enabling the hunting overlay and pressing numpad 7/8 until the mesh disappears. Add a [TextureOverride*] section for this to the d3dx.ini with the hash you found from hunting, and "handling = skip" to remove it.
  • The d3dx.ini I've provided has frame analysis configured to dump the skin texture, tan texture and mesh, but nothing else (and of course it logs every DirectX call the game makes during the frame as standard). To run frame analysis, enable the hunting overlay and press F8.
  • I've provided the remap_mesh_bones.py python script I wrote to fix the BLENDINDICES of the dumped meshes. To use this:
    1. Install Python 3 and numpy, and/or the cygwin variants of these if you prefer that environment
    2. Run frame analysis when the nude mesh is displayed, and again when the mesh you wish to replace is displayed
    3. Identify (e.g. from the corresponding dumped textures) which draw call was used for the body texture in both frame analysis dumps (as opposed to the face)
    4. ./remap_mesh_bones.py FrameAnalysis-Nude/ctx-*/<drawcall>-vb0*.txt --reference FrameAnalysis-WhiteLace/ctx-*/<drawcall>-vb0*.txt ShaderFixes/OutputMesh.vb

5. Copy the index buffer buf file (not txt) from the FrameAnalysis nude dump to the same place (OutputMesh.ib or whatever)

6. Examine the index buffer txt file from the FrameAnalysis nude dump to find the index count that was used for that draw call

7. Copy the [ResourceHonokaBodyNudeVB], [ResourceHonokaBodyNudeIB] and [TextureOverrideHonokaBodyWhiteLaceVB] in the d3dx.ini sections for the new mesh replacement and give them all new unique names (the prefix in the ini section like "ShaderOverride", "TextureOverride" and "Resource" is significant to 3DMigoto as it tells it what kind of section it is, but the rest of the name is free form and just has to be unique), and adjust the filenames, hash=, vb0=, ib=, and drawindexed=. The hash= comes from the frame analysis dump of the mesh you are replacing - look for "vb0=xxxxxxxx" in the filename.

I'm one of the authors of 3DMigoto, so if you run into problems let me know. I also accept donations if you would like to support my work on it:

That may not be a deal breaker - if the meshes for the other girls are close enough to Ayane's they might be interchangeable, and in principle we should be able to edit any of the meshes, but that part is not ready yet (however I don't think 3DMigoto needs any further changes to support it - from here on it is all work on external tools/scripts to work with the mesh files).

I don't think anyone has tried it with 3DMigoto - beyond the mesh replacement being relatively new in 3DMigoto (technically it's been in for a while, but polish and bug fixes help) the fact that 3DMigoto can interject at the time of the draw call means it has more flexibility than other tools in this regards. The main hurdles to overcome are getting the mesh into blender, getting it back into a vertex buffer matching the input assembler layout, making sure that the blend indices haven't been renumbered by the editing tool, and making sure that any extra per-vertex data has been preserved.

Yeah that's the issue getting it from blender then back to the game been tried with 3DMigoto heard it doesn't work

2 hours ago, ausgeek said:

DOAX_VV.exe d3d11.dll d3dx.ini ShaderFixes/* Save_DOAXVV_texEdits/*

3DMigoto is configured to replace the skin textures, remove the White Lace Bikini and Towel costumes and replace their tan textures. It also includes my 3D Vision mod, so if you are on an NVIDIA system and have the appropriate hardware you can see the game in stereo 3D (refer to the readme for stereo 3D specific instructions). The mouse back button is set to toggle the HUD visibility to enhance the enjoyment of the game (edit the d3dx.ini if you would prefer that to be assigned to a different key/button). If you are an end user this should be all you need to do - just launch the game and 3DMigoto will take care of the rest.

That may not be a deal breaker - if the meshes for the other girls are close enough to Ayane's they might be interchangeable, and in principle we should be able to edit any of the meshes, but that part is not ready yet (however I don't think 3DMigoto needs any further changes to support it - from here on it is all work on external tools/scripts to work with the mesh files).

You are amazing. Thank you, SpecialK has been a particular hell to get running properly. I'll probably throw some money at your patreon later this month.

DOAX-VenusVacation_180403_102824.jpg