Site questions, comments, and suggestions

14 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Freedom of speach means you can say anything you want, but not everywhere.

Freedom of speech means the state cannot jail individuals for what they say or believe, it does not prevent a third party to call bullshit.

From my point of view, the "delete" feature should be reserved to the forum's moderator. If some kind of curation needs to be given to OP, it should be the ability to tag a message as misleading or simply "hide" the message (like a spoiler tag). That action should be transparent to clearly state the reason a specific message got tagged for delete or misleading. That being said, the owner of this forum can moderate the content however he wants, and delegate to whomever he wants.

30 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Freedom of speech means the state cannot jail individuals for what they say or believe, it does not prevent a third party to call bullshit.

More accurate than my post in general, to be even more precise: it only prevents the state from punishing you, anybody else can delete, ban, ignore, disagree or whatever. I'm not entirely sure how this discussion started, with few exceptions politics religion and stuff are against forum rules anyways. What's the purpose if not making live for mods easier, and if that's the goal... why not allow thread starters to delete stuff they don't want in their thread? Worst case?

35 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

More accurate than my post in general, to be even more precise: it only prevents the state from punishing you, anybody else can delete, ban, ignore, disagree or whatever. I'm not entirely sure how this discussion started, with few exceptions politics religion and stuff are against forum rules anyways. What's the purpose if not making live for mods easier, and if that's the goal... why not allow thread starters to delete stuff they don't want in their thread? Worst case?

It all started because of me. Comparing the full autonomy of blog owners (even editing and deleting other users' posts) with the thread owners, I gave such suggestion to Ashal. The suggestion turned into big discussion and I became tired of it and I deleted all my posts about it. Didn't want to cause drama, and maybe it wasn't drama, but it looked like one to me. Never mind. I had to learn again to be careful what I'm saying no matter how good it looked to me.

6 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

It all started because of me. Comparing the full autonomy of blog owners (even editing and deleting other users' posts) with the thread owners, I gave such suggestion to Ashal. My goal was to let threads owners to delte posts from their threads that insults them, breaking the LL rules, and causing drama). That's all. The suggestion turned into big discussion and I became tired of it and I deleted all my posts about it. Didn't want to cause drama, and maybe it wasn't drama, but it looked like one to me. Never mind. I had to learn again to be careful what I'm saying no matter how good it looked to me.

5 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

It all started because of me. I gave such suggestion to Ashal. The suggestion turned into big discussion and I became tired of it and I deleted all my posts about it. Didn't want to cause drama, and maybe it wasn't drama, but it looked like one to me. Never mind. I had to learn again to be careful what I'm saying no matter how good it looked to me.

It's not drama. It's a nice idea and is it worth discussing its pros and cons. I'm afraid that it would be difficult to trust all thread starters on a website as large as LL, merely because of the broad ethics and cultural difference between the members. Such methods are being used on steam UGC though, any workshop submitter can moderate their comment section and forum area. However, the workshops items are published in a dedicated container without direct links to a broader community. LL is a bit different as we are all part of the loverlab's community, regardless of the game or mod.

5 minutes ago, Arcturus7777 said:

There does not seem to be a way to search a thread.  OR am I missing something.  Anyway Gratz on the updated site.

When you click in the "search" bar in the top right a drop-down box should appear next to it.  You can select what content to limit the search to there, including "This topic".

I cannot upload files to the site. I can create Mega links. I have tried with fully updated Firefox and Chrome. I have used CCleaner to make sure nothing is stock and even restarted the browsers 2 times each. I can't figure how how there is a problem. When refreshing it said something about an error and gave me a "-200" code for the reason. (if I remember correctly) 

This is a newer situation as when we switched over to the new site, I was able to update. (December 17th) at least I believe this was after the time we switched over. If not... then I never was able to :tongue: 

Maternity clothing is the file that I can't upload. It is 230 something mb. Shouldn't be a problem with size. 

20 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I cannot upload files to the site. I can create Mega links. I have tried with fully updated Firefox and Chrome. I have used CCleaner to make sure nothing is stock and even restarted the browsers 2 times each. I can't figure how how there is a problem. When refreshing it said something about an error and gave me a "-200" code for the reason. (if I remember correctly) 

This is a newer situation as when we switched over to the new site, I was able to update. (December 17th) at least I believe this was after the time we switched over. If not... then I never was able to :tongue: 

Maternity clothing is the file that I can't upload. It is 230 something mb. Shouldn't be a problem with size. 

Maybe you need to sleep a while and come back refreshed, because I didn't really understood your issue beyond the fact that you have trouble uploading to LL.

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

Maybe you need to sleep a while and come back refreshed, because I didn't really understood your issue beyond the fact that you have trouble uploading to LL.

:tongue:

I still have problems with uploading to LL. I can edit and do whatever I want on the mod page except upload to LL.  I believe it worked when we switched over so it should still work but it doesn't.  Maternity Clothing now only has a Mega download option when it is small enough to upload to the site directly.

In mobile browsing, the ads make the page like 3x wider than it should be and the control panel drop down thing on the top right also requires horizontal scrolling, it doesn't pop over the main page like it should.

Maybe the two issues are conflated to be honest.

I want to support LL by viewing ads, but it makes the mobile site not quite worth the terrible user experience to not run an ad blocker. Also with animated ads, it uses my data when I'd prefer it not to :confused:

On 1/28/2018 at 7:25 AM, Black Princess said:

I miss the option to edit the code that allows me to insert images with "[/img]".

It's better to insert 20 images to a blog entry this way than by clicking on media buttom.

Agreed. I hate WYSIWYG editors, they always end up getting in the way and doing things you don't want.

On 28/01/2018 at 1:25 PM, Black Princess said:

I miss the option to edit the code that allows me to insert images with "[/img]".

It's better to insert 20 images to a blog entry this way than by clicking on media buttom.

It has been asked before, Ashal said he couldn't prevent the forum's engine to read code on the fly. So we'll have to forget about that « disable bb code » button which used to be so useful.

Anyway, even if you can't toggle off forum's engine you can still input your posts using code : for images just type the

[img][/img] 

code and paste your image's url between the two.

I've got one question for Ashal/CPU though : for one reason, it seems the forum's engine sometimes adds frames on the outer edges of the images. It does happens almost everytime when the images are inserted using the forums « insert other media » function, and randomly when they're manually copy-pasted.

Most users don't care about those, but they aren't useful either, and could become problematic for users (bloggers in particular) wanting to make images to appear seamlessy joined, or seamlessly following themselves. And it seems no ones know when they would appear or not.

TL;DR : those frames around images get in the way of advanced users, and just eat performances for those who don't care about them.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to disable those frames ? :classic_smile:

A question : how to embed videos in Loverlabs new version ? I used to use the bbcode

[video=youtube][/video]

Seems it doesn't work anymore ; but strangely, the posts that featured that code before loverlabs' update still work ! And as we're unable to see the code with the new version, I can't see what's going wrong.

Any ideas ? Thank. :classic_angel: