4 hours ago, DJShamrock said:

Should I upgrade to 2.9.1 first or is it ok to go straight to latest version assuming I clean the save?

I've always been a fan of going straight to the version you want. However, if you want to go to the latest version, put it on pause until tomorrow. There are several bug fixes and a couple of small new features in the release I'll be doing tomorrow. The biggest fix by far is the Flower Girls patch stopped working in version 3.0.0, so I've expedited my release schedule to correct it.

1 hour ago, Narue said:

I've always been a fan of going straight to the version you want. However, if you want to go to the latest version, put it on pause until tomorrow. There are several bug fixes and a couple of small new features in the release I'll be doing tomorrow. The biggest fix by far is the Flower Girls patch stopped working in version 3.0.0, so I've expedited my release schedule to correct it.

I use SL anyway, never saw the point in FG. After having upped to 3.0, everything seems good so far, although I am having an issue where the child is going from baby straight to trained. Is this intentional (and there is no child version anymore) or is something going wrong? I can summon them but its the adult version.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:54 PM, DJShamrock said:

I use SL anyway, never saw the point in FG. After having upped to 3.0, everything seems good so far, although I am having an issue where the child is going from baby straight to trained. Is this intentional (and there is no child version anymore) or is something going wrong? I can summon them but its the adult version.

That's intentional. If you have adoption and training enabled, adoption takes precedence. However, if it fails for any reason, the child will automatically go to training. You can turn on verbose mode to get a notification specifying why the adoption spawn failed.

As an alternative to have more control over when adoption is attempted, you can turn off both adoption and training but leave spawn enabled. This will result in a child actor being spawned without adoption. They'll be sent to the Whiterun wind district and you can adopt them at your leisure through dialogue.

3 hours ago, Narue said:

That's intentional. If you have adoption and training enabled, adoption takes precedence. However, if it fails for any reason, the child will automatically go to training. You can turn on verbose mode to get a notification specifying why the adoption spawn failed.

As an alternative to have more control over when adoption is attempted, you can turn off both adoption and training but leave spawn enabled. This will result in a child actor being spawned without adoption. They'll be sent to the Whiterun wind district and you can adopt them at your leisure through dialogue.

Oh, awesome. And I assume the trained ones do not count against your adoptions? Also is it possible to have an adopted child still become a trainee? Im curious if thats an available mechanic and if so how it would affect # of adopts (as Im assuming even if an adopted child changed to a different state, the game would still count them against your limit)

EDIT: I am also curious if you have a favored location to allow the baby to grow to adopted child. Are interior cells better? Holds? The open world? Ive always been a bit curious. Anything to make the gods of Hearthfire adopts pleased. Another note- is it necessary for the baby to be carried the whole time, just at time of growth, or not at all? I thought i remember reading at some point for the event to fire it checks if the baby is equipped but maybe I imagined that.

5 minutes ago, DJShamrock said:

Oh, awesome. And I assume the trained ones do not count against your adoptions? Also is it possible to have an adopted child still become a trainee? Im curious if thats an available mechanic and if so how it would affect # of adopts (as Im assuming even if an adopted child changed to a different state, the game would still count them against your limit)

Training and adoption are completely separate, so training won't count toward your adoption limit. Further, once a child is adopted or trained, they'll stay that way for the duration of the game. That's a technical limitation of Hearthfire; it's not possible to unadopt a single child because the scripts use so many internal variables I simply can't access. And while you can unadopt *all* children (there are console commands and mods that do so), in my testing it's hit or miss whether doing so breaks all the things.

I could support moving a trained child to an adopted child, but that didn't make sense because the trained children are adults. ;)

Also, I'm leaning toward making loose spawn the default. That way you have full control of whether you want the child to wander around as an urchin, adopt them, or send them to training. The next release will include a dialogue option to send the child to training, currently there's only the one for adoption.

49 minutes ago, Narue said:

Training and adoption are completely separate, so training won't count toward your adoption limit. Further, once a child is adopted or trained, they'll stay that way for the duration of the game. That's a technical limitation of Hearthfire; it's not possible to unadopt a single child because the scripts use so many internal variables I simply can't access. And while you can unadopt *all* children (there are console commands and mods that do so), in my testing it's hit or miss whether doing so breaks all the things.

I could support moving a trained child to an adopted child, but that didn't make sense because the trained children are adults. ;)

Also, I'm leaning toward making loose spawn the default. That way you have full control of whether you want the child to wander around as an urchin, adopt them, or send them to training. The next release will include a dialogue option to send the child to training, currently there's only the one for adoption.

That would be awesome! I totally agree with you. Also see my edit on that post for a few other questions please.

1 hour ago, DJShamrock said:

EDIT: I am also curious if you have a favored location to allow the baby to grow to adopted child. Are interior cells better? Holds? The open world? Ive always been a bit curious. Anything to make the gods of Hearthfire adopts pleased. Another note- is it necessary for the baby to be carried the whole time, just at time of growth, or not at all? I thought i remember reading at some point for the event to fire it checks if the baby is equipped but maybe I imagined that.

The only hard requirement seems to be that you must not be in your home at the time. That's not a Hearthfire requirement, it's still possible, but Fertility Mode does enforce it because it confuses the Hearthfire scripts such that the adoption never completes.

The check for baby growth occurs on each polling cycle and only requires that the baby item be in the mother's inventory at the time. So you can totally dump it in a chest for 10+ days, then take it from the chest and wait for the next polling cycle, and the effect will be the same as if you carried or wore it the whole time.

21 minutes ago, Narue said:

The only hard requirement seems to be that you must not be in your home at the time. That's not a Hearthfire requirement, it's still possible, but Fertility Mode does enforce it because it confuses the Hearthfire scripts such that the adoption never completes.

The check for baby growth occurs on each polling cycle and only requires that the baby item be in the mother's inventory at the time. So you can totally dump it in a chest for 10+ days, then take it from the chest and wait for the next polling cycle, and the effect will be the same as if you carried or wore it the whole time.

Ok awesome, I was mostly worried about getting stuck in a SL event that strips or prevents re equipping (DD etc) preventing child growth.

@Narue Im encountering an issue using 3.0.1 on SE. I am registered in SLIF and my morph is set to SLIF in FM but deep in tge third trimester all my values are showing 0 still. Was there some change going to v3 that could have botched SLIF integration?

EDIT: In addition, Milk Mod used to seem compatible with the Baby item proccing milking events when equipped- but I have yet to see it work anymore after the update. I dont suppose this could also be explained somehow? Just want to make sure of these things as this was a major update and Im sure youve altered a lot of things.

31 minutes ago, DJShamrock said:

Still encountering both the SLIF and MilkMod issues. SLIF is registering Fertility Mode sometime in the first trimester but the values are never increased, all the way up to child birth, everything stays at 0 the whole time and then it unregisters after birth. @Narue

That should not happen.

5 hours ago, DJShamrock said:

Still encountering both the SLIF and MilkMod issues. SLIF is registering Fertility Mode sometime in the first trimester but the values are never increased, all the way up to child birth, everything stays at 0 the whole time and then it unregisters after birth. @Narue

Same. The mod works fine when using the setting for Bodymorphs, but when I switch to SLIF all of the inflation values fall to zero. I'll just be using the settings for Bodymorphs for the time being.

54 minutes ago, sos_tabasco said:

Quick question - is it okay to put a baby on ground in a house? xD

Do you not want said baby to grow into a child? Tmk they won't spawn if it isn't in your inventory or equipped on your person. Secondly, if you have the baby equipped or in your inventory and you're in your house at the time of it growing into a child, it will not work. The child will not happen if its in the same cell as its home- you need to be elsewhere.

18 hours ago, DJShamrock said:

Do you not want said baby to grow into a child? Tmk they won't spawn if it isn't in your inventory or equipped on your person. Secondly, if you have the baby equipped or in your inventory and you're in your house at the time of it growing into a child, it will not work. The child will not happen if its in the same cell as its home- you need to be elsewhere.

It was just a general question, really. I don't want to break my save, or the mod.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:24 PM, DJShamrock said:

Hrm, I'll look into it.

19 hours ago, sos_tabasco said:

Quick question - is it okay to put a baby on ground in a house? xD

Yes, totes fine. There's a world model for the baby item that changes the sling to a basket, so you can drop it and place it wherever you want. As mentioned though, unless the item is in the mother's inventory when the spawn checks occur (they run every polling cycle), it won't grow into a child actor. But you won't break anything by dropping the item, that play style was taken into account. :)

Great mod, newly added RSChildren compatibility is working like a charm! Also @Narue, I saw in the Nexus thread that TheSecretTodd was looking to make a dialogue and effects addon for Fertility Mode. Do you know if they're aware of the BF Animations Addon (IDK since the account is relatively new there)? If not, here's a link to the specific post. While they might not use all of the features (ex. debug spells, fertility mode's MCM is sufficient to render those irrelevant, or some of the more NSFW comments), seemed like good inspiration/way to get ideas flowing, maybe even a starting point if Sleepy_Soul was asked for permission.

15 hours ago, w234aew said:

Great mod, newly added RSChildren compatibility is working like a charm! Also @Narue, I saw in the Nexus thread that TheSecretTodd was looking to make a dialogue and effects addon for Fertility Mode. Do you know if they're aware of the BF Animations Addon (IDK since the account is relatively new there)? If not, here's a link to the specific post. While they might not use all of the features (ex. debug spells, fertility mode's MCM is sufficient to render those irrelevant, or some of the more NSFW comments), seemed like good inspiration/way to get ideas flowing, maybe even a starting point if Sleepy_Soul was asked for permission.

Hello, I'm TheSecretTodd. I am in fact aware of BFAP for Being Female. My mod is just meant to be a dialogue expansion that adds the immersion of having NPCs reacting to pregnancy. It always felt weird to have your spouse walking around with a big belly that she never acknowledges, and I'm sure people playing as a female dragonborn feel the same about their husbands never mentioning it. I don't intend to add any effects so I don't conflict with any effects Narue might decide to add to Fertility Mode. I want to have these five things done at launch...

1. Immersive Pregnancy Notifications: For male players, the women you impregnate will tell you they're pregnant the next time you talk to them. Unique characters will have special versions of this to keep things interesting and in line with their character. I've finished these for Aela, Serana and Lydia and Sylgja.

For female players, when you become pregnant you will get a textbox next time you sleep informing you about a dream you had that revealed your pregnancy to you. The textbox will give you two options, the first being to tell the father. Unfortunately I have no way of actually marking who the real father is so you will be able to tell anyone that they're the father, even if the player has never interacted with them, so it will be up to the player to decide who they should be telling. Option two after the dream is "nobody needs to know." If this option is selected you simply won't get the dialogue options to tell them about the baby when talking to people. However, if the player is married and doesn't tell their husband, they will eventually notice and confront the wife. You can't hide the bump forever! I've included dialogue to tell them it isn't their baby, but the only downside is that it kind of turns them into a cuck because they let you get away with it. I felt that having a divorce would cause too many compatibility issues.

2. Immersive Post-Birth Dialogue: Like before, just some brief dialogue with your partner to make it feel like the NPCs are actually aware that they've given birth.

3. Pregnancy Requests (Spouse Only): When you get married you can have a conversation with your spouse about having kids. Some spouses will bring it up to you themselves while others will require the player to make the first move. This conversation won't actually do anything, it will just exist for flavor. I might also add requests to have additional children afterwards.

4. How's the baby doing?: You'll be able to ask women pregnant by you how the baby is doing today. The equivalent will exist for the fathers of the female player's children if she opts to tell him.

5. Ambient dialogue: Pregnant players in their third and second trimesters will sometimes receive comments from NPCs. I plan to keep these somewhat limited to avoid a constant barrage of comments. Children will speak their mind, obviously, and the elderly will always be happy to see a new soon-to-be-mother, but most people probably wont mention it. Followers will also voice their concern about a heavily pregnant player out adventuring. NPCs who are pregnant themselves will also have some lines, like occasionally saying "Gods, I feel big!" or something like that.

All of the above will be fully voiced by reusing vanilla lines. I also want to have small quests like Amorous Adventures (but far less adult) in the future, though don't expect those to be ready right away.

3 hours ago, tod howard said:

Hello, I'm TheSecretTodd. I am in fact aware of BFAP for Being Female. My mod is just meant to be a dialogue expansion that adds the immersion of having NPCs reacting to pregnancy. It always felt weird to have your spouse walking around with a big belly that she never acknowledges, and I'm sure people playing as a female dragonborn feel the same about their husbands never mentioning it. I don't intend to add any effects so I don't conflict with any effects Narue might decide to add to Fertility Mode. I want to have these five things done at launch...

1. Immersive Pregnancy Notifications: For male players, the women you impregnate will tell you they're pregnant the next time you talk to them. Unique characters will have special versions of this to keep things interesting and in line with their character. I've finished these for Aela, Serana and Lydia and Sylgja.

For female players, when you become pregnant you will get a textbox next time you sleep informing you about a dream you had that revealed your pregnancy to you. The textbox will give you two options, the first being to tell the father. Unfortunately I have no way of actually marking who the real father is so you will be able to tell anyone that they're the father, even if the player has never interacted with them, so it will be up to the player to decide who they should be telling. Option two after the dream is "nobody needs to know." If this option is selected you simply won't get the dialogue options to tell them about the baby when talking to people. However, if the player is married and doesn't tell their husband, they will eventually notice and confront the wife. You can't hide the bump forever! I've included dialogue to tell them it isn't their baby, but the only downside is that it kind of turns them into a cuck because they let you get away with it. I felt that having a divorce would cause too many compatibility issues.

2. Immersive Post-Birth Dialogue: Like before, just some brief dialogue with your partner to make it feel like the NPCs are actually aware that they've given birth.

3. Pregnancy Requests (Spouse Only): When you get married you can have a conversation with your spouse about having kids. Some spouses will bring it up to you themselves while others will require the player to make the first move. This conversation won't actually do anything, it will just exist for flavor. I might also add requests to have additional children afterwards.

4. How's the baby doing?: You'll be able to ask women pregnant by you how the baby is doing today. The equivalent will exist for the fathers of the female player's children if she opts to tell him.

5. Ambient dialogue: Pregnant players in their third and second trimesters will sometimes receive comments from NPCs. I plan to keep these somewhat limited to avoid a constant barrage of comments. Children will speak their mind, obviously, and the elderly will always be happy to see a new soon-to-be-mother, but most people probably wont mention it. Followers will also voice their concern about a heavily pregnant player out adventuring. NPCs who are pregnant themselves will also have some lines, like occasionally saying "Gods, I feel big!" or something like that.

All of the above will be fully voiced by reusing vanilla lines. I also want to have small quests like Amorous Adventures (but far less adult) in the future, though don't expect those to be ready right away.

That sounds absolutely awesome. As a user of Fertility Mode myself, I look forward to it. And I'm deeply thankful that someone else took up the torch for that type of thing, because I'd rather have a root canal than do any significant modding with dialogue. ;)

p.s. I haven't forgotten the problem of correctly identifying the father by name, so I'll most likely add the father's form ID as well. Unfortunately, while it will resolve the issue, it will also require a bit of redesign on your part if you want to use it. I'll still keep the father's name as it currently stands though, so even if you release before that change is made, your mod should still work just fine.

3 hours ago, Narue said:

That sounds absolutely awesome. As a user of Fertility Mode myself, I look forward to it. And I'm deeply thankful that someone else took up the torch for that type of thing, because I'd rather have a root canal than do any significant modding with dialogue. ;)

p.s. I haven't forgotten the problem of correctly identifying the father by name, so I'll most likely add the father's form ID as well. Unfortunately, while it will resolve the issue, it will also require a bit of redesign on your part if you want to use it. I'll still keep the father's name as it currently stands though, so even if you release before that change is made, your mod should still work just fine.

I'd say I'm the opposite. I really like to tell stories and I'm not the biggest fan of coding and complex systems, as you could probably tell from some of the noob questions I sent you. Development is going quite smoothly now, although my new job has slowed me down a bit. The hardest part is actually writing dialogue in a way that allows me to reuse vanilla dialogue without every single word being cut from different voice files. I'm doing my best to string lines together without super obvious cuts in between. I can't stand unvoiced mods so it's a hassle I'm willing to go through. 

I can still probably make use of identifying the real father. The benefit of the current method is that you can pick any male character you want to be the father, so if you're sleeping around (as I'm sure many on this site are) you can pick whichever partner you want as the father. The downside is that the dialogue option appears on literally all men until you pick a father, even if you've never met or slept with them. 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, Narue said:

Hrm, I'll look into it.

You are wonderful *bows* Please let me know what you find out or if you need another person to try it out lemme know so I can download and test.

8 hours ago, tod howard said:

Not that it'd be a deal breaker for me, but any chance in being interested in making something like that compatible/work with SLEN or Spouses Enhanced? SpEn has a tier system of relationship between the player and their spouse and I feel this could make for great expansion/levels of dialogue development. Surely there must be a way to hook into what 'relationship' level they have based on the mod's system.

I'll go back to Fertility.
Right now I use BF but kids who ask you for a magic trick every 5 seconds, it's inflating.
And then the Fertility children are much better.
No gray / red face, dialogue with them truer.
Because "you were born from an accident" "you are a mistake". "Leave me alone" ?