Hello Everyone,

i try this Mod at the moment and really like the idea, but i stuck already in the first quest "who i am". 

I found the Acolyte and he told me to find the Book of Mandys Story. But when i take the Book 

"Story of Cow" the question log dont trigger. It still say, Find Book about Many. Did i miss something?

I was locking in this Topic, but nobody else seems to have this Problem.

Thanks in Advance

56 minutes ago, dolphlundgren57 said:

Hello Everyone,

i try this Mod at the moment and really like the idea, but i stuck already in the first quest "who i am". 

I found the Acolyte and he told me to find the Book of Mandys Story. But when i take the Book 

"Story of Cow" the question log dont trigger. It still say, Find Book about Many. Did i miss something?

Thanks in Advance

Did a short test only yesterday. Worked for me. You talked to the acolyte. Did you crouch and steal the book?

4 hours ago, dolphlundgren57 said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in Advance

i believe you have to read the book

20 hours ago, Abraxas67 said:

Did a short test only yesterday. Worked for me. You talked to the acolyte. Did you crouch and steal the book?

Crouch and steal it. Load new. Stand an steal it (fifteen Bounty in Whiterun). Load new. Just read it and let it at his place. Load a older Savegame bevor i talk the first Time with Paul. Do the same Steps a befor, plus that i take the book, bring it to the acolyte and drop it at his feet. (Maybe, you dont knew.)

16 hours ago, pebbles321 said:

i believe you have to read the book

I did.

Found no existing post with someone who had the same Problem.

2 hours ago, dolphlundgren57 said:

Crouch and steal it. Load new. Stand an steal it (fifteen Bounty in Whiterun). Load new. Just read it and let it at his place. Load a older Savegame bevor i talk the first Time with Paul. Do the same Steps a befor, plus that i take the book, bring it to the acolyte and drop it at his feet. (Maybe, you dont knew.)

I did.

Found no existing post with someone who had the same Problem.

Tried it again and it works. But that does not help you ....

Get the book and then you could o pen console and use

setstage bac_whoiam 30

should bring you there.

check with

player.sqs bac_whoiam

that it is like the attached picture

20190424202236_1.jpg

3 hours ago, dolphlundgren57 said:

Thanks, that works. Had to use the console on the second diary as well. But i think the Problem is with me. Probably i broke something through all the modding.

Strange. If  BAC works on quests, why would the books be a problem to detect and trigger. Do you have maybe a mod that changes books or book reading? Maybe that is the root cause. Just an idea. Happy that you can progress now

We are all obviously invested in the mod, and at the same time i don't wish any undue pressure on the creator, but who would say no to an update!!! Big or small,

I've come here actually to ask anyone if they know if this mod is at all usable on SSE.
I've recently jumped to SSE, and I have to say it's been a wild improvement, but boy are there some mods i wish were compatible. 

I really dig transformation mods, and I'm pretty sure BaC is by far the most intricate, but additionally if anyone knows any others, I feel this is the place to share :)

I know that everyone likes to meme about someone who stops posting even after a few weeks is dead but im sure that Skyrimfet got his reasons for being quiet at the moment  is probably busy with real world stuff right now,

But that doesn't mean they will stop i'm sure that Skyrimfet will return at some point and checking the profile activity it does seem like Skyrimfet is still active just not posting anything.

I was playing around with the mod using the cheat potions and had a few questions. I'm likely missing something but would appreciate it if someone could point it out to me.

1) I don't ever see any face overlay. The pictures show overlays that make it appear like the fur goes up to the face, while mine just stops awkwardly at the neck

2) How do you change which random attributes can be applied? I see the random attributes in MCM but they are all grayed out and I can't select or deselect them

1 hour ago, TBDM said:

I was playing around with the mod using the cheat potions and had a few questions. I'm likely missing something but would appreciate it if someone could point it out to me.

1) I don't ever see any face overlay. The pictures show overlays that make it appear like the fur goes up to the face, while mine just stops awkwardly at the neck

2) How do you change which random attributes can be applied? I see the random attributes in MCM but they are all grayed out and I can't select or deselect them

I can answer No.2, unfortunately you just gotta f around in the mcm. You can only toggle off a certain number of, so just start from the top and work your way down the list re-adding the ones behind until you get to the one you want turned off. It's fiddly, but this is how i did it, worked fine. 

13 hours ago, TBDM said:

And I might be able to answer number 1.
-Navigate to the Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins folder and open "nioverride.ini" with a text editor.
-Scroll down to where it says [Overlays]
Change the line:
bEnableFaceOverlays=0 ; Default[0]

to
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0]

That should allow the effects for BaC (and Slave Tats and such) to apply to your character's face.

That nioverride change did fix the facial overlay. Unfortunately I don't think I can edit some of the random attributes still. I was hoping to get rid of the veiny boobs.

I do have another question, I was trying to use the cheat potions/spells on a companion. She however never got any of the overlays (fur, dirt, veins, etc.). Is there another ini change I need to make for that or is it something else the reason for this?

11 hours ago, TBDM said:

That nioverride change did fix the facial overlay. Unfortunately I don't think I can edit some of the random attributes still. I was hoping to get rid of the veiny boobs.

I do have another question, I was trying to use the cheat potions/spells on a companion. She however never got any of the overlays (fur, dirt, veins, etc.). Is there another ini change I need to make for that or is it something else the reason for this?

I don't think there is a way to change the random attributes. You'll just have to go to a save before you got one you didn't like and go from there. Repeat until you get one you do like.

16 hours ago, TBDM said:

The random attribute selection needs to be done before your cow transformation starts, and it's very finicky. Deselecting one option will un-grey the next two or three so you can deselect some of those. Re-selecting one of the non-selected options will grey out all/most of the options above it and down until the next non-selected option and the few following. Additionally, you can only deselect a limited amount of mutations. All in all it's a very painful process to try to figure out, and I'm hoping it gets fixed in the next update.

As for followers, you can force their transformation with mods that allow you to make your follower consume food/potion items. However, followers don't seem to be fully supported so you may only get some partial transformations.

wondering once Paul "owns" you what then, is there a continuation of the quest or new quest that is meant to trigger? after Marc leaves you with Paul at Whiterun... I can talk to Paul and he can make modifications but is there more to the quest at this time?

On 5/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, CoraxDK said:

wondering once Paul "owns" you what then, is there a continuation of the quest or new quest that is meant to trigger? after Marc leaves you with Paul at Whiterun... I can talk to Paul and he can make modifications but is there more to the quest at this time?

thats as far as the mod goes at the moment. It should include more in the next update hopefully.

So as the mod is right now is it normal that once i get the certificate from Proventus and that i give it to Paul nothing else happens after that. Even though Paul tells me to read the certificate with him nothing seems to happen even when i use the debug MCM. So is it a bug or just that the mod stops here