1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

apparently Belethor won't sell things that have the "stolen" flag on them.

Ahha! So that's why I was struggling to buy my items back from Belethor after they got taken!

I thought I was just being an idiot and doing something wrong :smile:

I'd like to see this resolved. Oh, and a radial button in the MCM to disable the stealing entirely as it does thoroughly stitch me up (but I understand the entire point of the mod is to stich me up so that may go against the designers intentions!).

Might I suggest the orphan girl in whiterun as a possible alternate vendor? Set her as a fence, maybe leave her vendor chest somewhere out in the open so people can loot it for their stuff if they have to? ...and feel really bad about stealing from an orphan.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

You could kinda "cheat" your follower by using mostly stolen items... but then you run the risk of having everything taken if you get arrested by a vanilla guard.

I do this by accident since I use Contraband to de-value my loot.

This means most of my decent equipment IS stolen of corpses etc, and marked as such.

Also: Yes, this also makes for interesting intereactions between things like Sexlab Adventures giving me a bounty for being nude and then paying the bounty off so before i'm arrested on sight and having all my drugs/weapons taken...

15 hours ago, CaptainChaos said:

I try not keeping a lot of gold on hand in case I get robbed. I also try to avoid fast travel except between major holds. Almost made it back in time to vendor my loots, pay my follower, then recover my willpower. Almost...... I could have tried sleeping on a bedroll in a dungeon, but that's also a huge risk (not just because of this mod).

Have to say, I'm really loving this mod. My hope is that you continue with the "bite size" content like you've been doing because I find what you've provided already works damn near 100% of the time and it sometimes gets old to get dragged into this long process. Like, I LOVE POP, but it gets involved at times and there's a lot of time and places for things to just go wrong. But with this, even in a bad situation: I had the money to pay off my follower and get back to 100%. There's no scenario where if the mod breaks I'm like "oh fuck, let me start consoling sqs or setstage."

Yea one of the reasons I wanted sleep to be so important is a lot of mod do things when you sleep and it like I don't need to sleep, you can install mods that debuff you if you don't sleep which imo is just annoying like someone poking you over and over cause they want your attention (for immersion fans I understand tho).

Yea, I never want this mod to be overwhelming like everything is short and sweet or tweaks your gameplay, the most overwhelming thing is the enslave event but at that point consider you failed your follower it's balanced and you need a reason to take deals over enslavement.

9 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

There is a line in Sexist Guards where the follower says "I hope you pay me well, I'd hate to have to steal your stuff and leave you in a Draugr infested tomb" which gave me an idea for an event. While in a Draugr tomb the follower asks for a raise and immediate payment of the debt, if you refuse she/he will do exactly that.... bind the player, take everything and leave. Maybe left chained to the floor for a set amount of time, before being released with a message that you got free? Also, I know it's possible, just not sure how, but if a Draugr finds the bound player the mod would automatically start sex.

Idea is awesome and been suggested before. I kinda think it doesn't really fit in the mod unless it was like a debt failure option but like should it wait for you to be in a tomb or track your location ... erg it's really too much for me to work out so I left it as just an idea maybe I'll add it one day when I have code from other stuff I make that I can retro fit (like I want to make it so you can be tied to something leash wise for another mod)

14 hours ago, valcon767 said:

1 - i really do like this idea and it is possible (if Lozeak wants), and maybe have follower take half of whatever you have in inventory ;).

2 - while the idea is great this will run into problems.  the main problem it will run into is that a lot of mod added player homes are not correctly tagged.

about 60-70% of the player home mods i have ever downloaded are not tagged correctly so that technically the player is a "squatter" and not the "owner" 

of the home provided.   if you have Cursed Loot installed a quick way to check a player home mod to see if it is correctly tagged is to have a devious device on

you (not equipped) and have the "Bondage Lover" option turned on, then if you can store devious devices in the home it is correctly tagged, and if it will not let

you store the items (line about not putting it away because you may want to play with it later) it is not tagged as owned by the player (the home may not be "owned"

by anyone else but the player is still a "squatter").

5 hours ago, Sarfin said:

Hello,

First i like to thank for this nice Mod. It's really fun.

But i also do notice there is an issue with Quest Items.

At least 2 was stolen by the follower and sold to the NPC. First was the Golden Dragon Claw (I sudden was in front of the door and it was gone) the other one was the Key from Sasha's Restraints from the Cursed Loot mod.

Maybe something with the quest item flag isn't working as intended?

Cheers

Sarfin

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Minor addition to this report - apparently Belethor won't sell things that have the "stolen" flag on them.  I'm not sure if this is actually something that needs a fix tho, the only reason I noticed is because I was on a quest that had me collect cards, and some of the cards are "owned" and get marked stolen when you pick them up.  So after my follower got angry and took some items, I had a quest marker under the floor of his shop pointing to the "stolen" card in his vendor chest.  I ended up tcl clipping through the floor to retrieve it.  Everything else was easily bought back from him .... altho it cost me something like 30k gold and all of my expensive consumables to buy back my fancy weapons and armor :classic_wink:.

The vanilla quest I could see being broken by this would the the Stones of Barenziah quest, since I think some of those can be marked as stolen once picked up.  Pretty rare case tho (and I hate that quest with a passion for cluttering my inventory, so I don't touch those Stones anymore). 

Perhaps a good idea would be for the follower to not remove quest items or stolen items (if they are too hot for you to sell to Belethor, they should be too hot for your follower to sell).  You could kinda "cheat" your follower by using mostly stolen items... but then you run the risk of having everything taken if you get arrested by a vanilla guard.  Plus if you are avoiding paying that hard you are gonna end up enslaved or in endless mode bondage sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

Ahha! So that's why I was struggling to buy my items back from Belethor after they got taken!

I thought I was just being an idiot and doing something wrong :smile:

I'd like to see this resolved. Oh, and a radial button in the MCM to disable the stealing entirely as it does thoroughly stitch me up (but I understand the entire point of the mod is to stich me up so that may go against the designers intentions!).

Might I suggest the orphan girl in whiterun as a possible alternate vendor? Set her as a fence, maybe leave her vendor chest somewhere out in the open so people can loot it for their stuff if they have to? ...and feel really bad about stealing from an orphan.

I do this by accident since I use Contraband to de-value my loot.

This means most of my decent equipment IS stolen of corpses etc, and marked as such.

Also: Yes, this also makes for interesting intereactions between things like Sexlab Adventures giving me a bounty for being nude and then paying the bounty off so before i'm arrested on sight and having all my drugs/weapons taken...

Yes, it needs reworking.... I'll look into but you do know if you set the steal rate to 0 in the MCM it won't steal any items just your gold. Belethor shop items are in a chest btw under him (u'll need to tcl to get there)

21 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

I find that DCL can be a little overpowering sometimes so I personally try to keep the base trigger of traps setting a little lower than default

I myself use 0,1~0,3% as the base trap chance. Can't be set with MCM (unless in a newer version they changed it), i set it with cheatengine.

13 minutes ago, Lozeak said:

set the steal rate to 0 in the MCM it won't steal any items

Ahah! I think I have missed the last few updates so missed this setting.

That will do nicely. Thank you.

...hang on, does this mean we don't have to beg an orphan girl for our stuff back? ;)

2 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Yea one of the reasons I wanted sleep to be so important is a lot of mod do things when you sleep and it like I don't need to sleep, you can install mods that debuff you if you don't sleep which imo is just annoying like someone poking you over and over cause they want your attention (for immersion fans I understand tho).

Yea, I never want this mod to be overwhelming like everything is short and sweet or tweaks your gameplay, the most overwhelming thing is the enslave event but at that point consider you failed your follower it's balanced and you need a reason to take deals over enslavement.

Idea is awesome and been suggested before. I kinda think it doesn't really fit in the mod unless it was like a debt failure option but like should it wait for you to be in a tomb or track your location ... erg it's really too much for me to work out so I left it as just an idea maybe I'll add it one day when I have code from other stuff I make that I can retro fit (like I want to make it so you can be tied to something leash wise for another mod)

There was something I was going to play around with in my own time. If I could find enough time to sit down and really give it a go. I think there's a way to track the chest at the end of most dungeons. It's something like BossContainer or Boss Marker. The basic idea is:

1. If in a cell (because I think the bugginess comes from many dungeons having multiple cells) that contains a Boss Chest: Follower accuses you of being worthless. Strips your equipped items, shackles you, and says something like "I'll handle this. You just be the loot mule. Try and keep up."

2. Use a moveto package to the Boss Chest, walking speed, allowing combat (obviously) but with a requirement to stay within X feet of the player. You are chastised if you can't keep up.

3. Once the follower reaches the chest, they loot all the contents and say "Well, that should pay for my hardwork. Now, let's head back and sell all the crap you found and relax."

4. You aren't released unless you ended up with X gold from the loot and/or you have to make up the difference." Other options for release (such as more debt) is also a possibility.

Triggers for the event could be more than a few options: high debt for starters. Maybe the follower went down once or twice. Maybe you've taken X damage. Really though if the only trigger was X debt and a boss chest being in the cell, I think you'd have a good start.

EDIT: Actually, a funny little "game" would just be if you get within X feet of a BossContainer, the follower can subdue you and take all the loot anyway. Would definitely need a "not in combat" filter though.

So found a loop in the mod that dooms you pretty heavily.

So now deals have a duration if you reach the point where the follower will only accept deals as payment, you get to a point where using deals to pay off debt increases the cost of deals so fast you'll never escape.... aka game over cause the deals stop you removing devices which stops willpower regen which then forces you to take deals.

This needs fixing, since I need to redo how the deals work in CK at some point I'll do that first then make it if you have 6 deals (aka 2 LVL 3 deals or 3 lvl 2 deals) you'll be able to pay debt again.

Endless mode is bugged (Endebted chains do not add correctly)

Maybe can do tomorrow or day after if I have time.

55 minutes ago, CaptainChaos said:

EDIT: Actually, a funny little "game" would just be if you get within X feet of a BossContainer, the follower can subdue you and take all the loot anyway. Would definitely need a "not in combat" filter though.

Your other idea sounds really cool, altho I don't think it would be a great fit for this mod due to being a bit extreme on the loss of control.  It could be a fun little scene if your follower got a godmode damage buff, not sure most of my followers would be successful at this mission without it.

I'm certain that boss chests can be detected, as least if you open it (Cursed Loot for example I believe has the containers all in a list, and detects the type you open - boss chests have an option to be more likely to contain traps). 

Your boss container game idea gave me a similar idea that I think could be cool enough for a follower "game".  I'm sure this is super complicated script wise as written, but all of my suggestions tend to be over-the-top - I'm sure there would be a more elegant way of doing a scene like this if the idea was used:

• usual requirements (debt over half of max or willpower below 6) - MCM % chance of triggering the game when you loot a boss chest while out of combat 
  • possibly could also require "location cleared" flag to be active, altho I'm not sure how reliable this is
  • upon closing the chest looting window, if the event triggers you get a message box popup along the lines of "While distracted by the contents of the large chest, you failed to notice your follower sneaking up behind you.  With a sudden push, you topple over into the chest head first and the lid snaps shut.  You're locked in!"
  • since there are no animations for the above event, the way it could work is to have a full screen blackout while you are "inside the chest"
  • your follower then laughs and say that they since you weren't paying them any attention, they want to play a game with you or you need to pay up (payment option disabled at low willpower) - the reward could be gold or a leveled weapon the follower "found" in the dungeon
  • the "game" is that you have to stay inside the chest until the follower comes back for you in a few hours - basically you become the treasure.  The lid will be unlocked, but you'll lose if you aren't in the chest when they get back.
  • the "sexy" part of the game is that while the follower is gone, you will get a random number of "visits" - either by curious undead/creatures that live in the dungeon or adventurers looking for loot (you know your follower casually mentioned easy-to-get treasure at the local bar).  Reason you can't fight back is due to cramping from being stuck in a small box for hours, and after the sex scene you go back into the box due to being exhausted and determined to finish the game.
  • Upon returning, your follower acts surprised that you came out of your treasure box sugar-glazed, but congratulates you on playing out the game (not like you had much of a choice after the start).

Important note on the idea - I think it would be best if all of the "waiting" was fake and done with a full-screen blackout and a text box.  For example "getting into the box" would actually just be the screen going black and then a message popup saying "One boring hour later, you hear scratching at the lid of the chest.  Slightly irritated due to the cramping in your legs, you push the lid open, only to find yourself face to face with a surprised troll!" ect.

Obvious technical issues I can think of: 

1. how to deal with the player's followers (have them run away a certain distance?  Temporarily disable to make them invisible?)
  2. putting in safeguards so the event doesn't trigger at the same time as a Cursed Loot event. 

Idea dump done, even if it isn't something to be used perhaps it will be an amusing read for someone. :classic_tongue: Playing with this mods definitely seems to contribute to devious ideas, so thanks again for that.

42 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Your other idea sounds really cool, altho I don't think it would be a great fit for this mod due to being a bit extreme on the loss of control.  It could be a fun little scene if your follower got a godmode damage buff, not sure most of my followers would be successful at this mission without it.

I'm certain that boss chests can be detected, as least if you open it (Cursed Loot for example I believe has the containers all in a list, and detects the type you open - boss chests have an option to be more likely to contain traps). i have used a mod in the past that has an event that takes the players gear and dumps it into the boss chest

of the dungeon the player is in (i think it was Naked Dungeons, might have been Traps and Pitfalls or another mod not 100% sure of which mod)

Your boss container game idea gave me a similar idea that I think could be cool enough for a follower "game".  I'm sure this is super complicated script wise as written, but all of my suggestions tend to be over-the-top - I'm sure there would be a more elegant way of doing a scene like this if the idea was used:

• usual requirements (debt over half of max or willpower below 6) - MCM % chance of triggering the game when you loot a boss chest while out of combat 
  • possibly could also require "location cleared" flag to be active, altho I'm not sure how reliable this is  the location cleared flag is tied to the boss of the location
  • if the boss gets killed the location cleared flag is applied even if other hostiles are still alive.
  • upon closing the chest looting window, if the event triggers you get a message box popup along the lines of "While distracted by the contents of the large chest, you failed to notice your follower sneaking up behind you.  With a sudden push, you topple over into the chest head first and the lid snaps shut.  You're locked in!"
  • since there are no animations for the above event, the way it could work is to have a full screen blackout while you are "inside the chest"
  • your follower then laughs and say that they since you weren't paying them any attention, they want to play a game with you or you need to pay up (payment option disabled at low willpower) - the reward could be gold or a leveled weapon the follower "found" in the dungeon
  • the "game" is that you have to stay inside the chest until the follower comes back for you in a few hours - basically you become the treasure.  The lid will be unlocked, but you'll lose if you aren't in the chest when they get back.
  • the "sexy" part of the game is that while the follower is gone, you will get a random number of "visits" - either by curious undead/creatures that live in the dungeon or adventurers looking for loot (you know your follower casually mentioned easy-to-get treasure at the local bar).  Reason you can't fight back is due to cramping from being stuck in a small box for hours, and after the sex scene you go back into the box due to being exhausted and determined to finish the game.
  • Upon returning, your follower acts surprised that you came out of your treasure box sugar-glazed, but congratulates you on playing out the game (not like you had much of a choice after the start).

Important note on the idea - I think it would be best if all of the "waiting" was fake and done with a full-screen blackout and a text box.  For example "getting into the box" would actually just be the screen going black and then a message popup saying "One boring hour later, you hear scratching at the lid of the chest.  Slightly irritated due to the cramping in your legs, you push the lid open, only to find yourself face to face with a surprised troll!" ect.

Obvious technical issues I can think of: 

1. how to deal with the player's followers (have them run away a certain distance?  Temporarily disable to make them invisible?) probably better to move the follower somewhere else rather than disable, could just move them to the entrance marker which in most cases will be far enough away to avoid combat. 
  2. putting in safeguards so the event doesn't trigger at the same time as a Cursed Loot event. 

Idea dump done, even if it isn't something to be used perhaps it will be an amusing read for someone. :classic_tongue: Playing with this mods definitely seems to contribute to devious ideas, so thanks again for that.

nice idea and it was a good read 

a couple of notes inserted (fyi stuff)

Small suggestion:

Can you add a dialogue option to completely pay your followers rent if you have enough money? If you have a debt of 1450 e.g. you have to initiate the dialogue, pay 1000, then again, pay 300, then again pay 100 and then a final time paying 100 till you have fully paid the debt.

If i remember correctly the nice little mod loan sharks had two nice dialogue options, one was pay the full sum if you had enough money and the other was pay all your money if you had less than the required sum.

I haven't played this mod yet, but I want to. It sounds very interesting.

It seems like it might be similar to something I proposed for Sasha on the DCL forum before I was aware of DF.

Clearly, Devious Followers got there first and did it more generally, so that sounds like a big win for me! I'm keen to try it out.

But, could you add the version numbers to the requirements on the front page please?

Despite reading the front page, and the change lists, it's still couldn't figure whether this requires DD3, or DD4, or works with both, and whether there is a recommended version of DCL.

I don't doubt that reading through the support forum will answer that question eventually, but it seems like something that should be easier to find out, and might save a bit of pain and confusion for new users.

I've been through all the text for the game (including script files) and made a translator .EET file that (probably)...

...fixes all of the typos, grammatical errors, confusion between "your" and "you're", confusion between "there" and "their", replaces till (a non-existent word) with 'til, and so on...

I also removed a few words that make it sound like every follower is a modern American teenage girl, as I'm not convinced that "Huni", "Babe", and "whatever" add to the Skyrim ambience, though they do show the follower's level of contempt very nicely. I liked that aspect of them, but I couldn't come up with a lore-friendly term that had quite the same connotation of sexism and disrespect.

Suggestions would be appreciated! Not something like "slut", "pet" or "slave" though, as those are already used (and of course, I left them in) and have a much stronger implication.

I also modified all dialogues where you select an action that was between asterisks, such as *put it on* with square brackets [Put it on], so it matches with the style of DCL, SD+, CD, etc. and reserved the asterisks for sound effects and things that are done to you.

I fixed a couple of spots where it's assumed the follower is female, as I don't believe they always are (I'm not sure yet whether that dialogue had code that made it only show for females, but I don't think it does, as there's no masculine equivalent).

I haven't play-tested it yet, but if anyone is interested, I could post the .EET, or the modified ESP and a couple of PXE files... But really, you're better off with the EET, as then you can re-translate every new version of DF, and modify it to your liking... Maybe you want the follower to call you "my pet" in every dialogue? You can easily change/customise it yourself to your exact preference.

Reading through all the text certainly piqued my interest in this mod. I can barely wait to see how it actually plays. (But I have waited. It took hours to revise all the dialogue).

On another front, reading through the dialog text, and seeing all the stuff for the gambling game, I couldn't help but think it's stacked in an obvious way that discourages playing it.

If you sum up the win column vs the lose column, the difference in favour of the follower is quite obvious.

I'm not sure if you get coerced into the gambling game, in which case it doesn't matter, but if you don't, and it's always a free choice, why would you ever play it?

Why not make the risk/reward on the game even - apparently fair - instead of biased?

You could then cheat the underlying dice rolls according to an MCM option that specifies how fair or unfair the game is.

A way to double-down when gambling would spice up gambling, and make it more dramatic.

If you play the game with a big enough debt, you could play something like "flip a coin, heads, I write off half your debt, tails you..." and there are different dialogues based on how many deals you have. If you have lots, follower says "tails, we double the length of all your deals". If you have none, or just a few, "tails, you make a deal of my choosing" (and the choosing is going to be harsh).

Or if your debt is really bad, "tails, you become my slave"

Or maybe you wouldn't implement it that way at all, but the idea is to offer the player something genuinely valuable (for example, halving all debt) so there's a real incentive to take the option, which also happens to carry a big risk. And of course, the double-down roll could use the unfairness setting too.

Another area of interest, not deeply explored in DF, is food.

If DF were "needs aware", for RND, or iNeed, or both, it could use food as a carrot or stick (no pun intended) to push the player into deals, punish the player, hurt willpower, etc.

I'm not sure what support already exists yet, but the dialogue doesn't hint at any food specific dialogues or thefts.

For example, whether a follower steals money but not food, and money and food, is a huge deal for a needs-based character.

The follower could provide food/water to the PC, at a vastly inflated price, or if the player is sufficiently restrained, feed ... other things ... lactacid, skooma, blackout potions, of DF specific drinks that damage willpower, or have other DF-specific stat effects.

This fits with the post earlier about paying all your debt. If you can pay "all your money" in one dialogue, then you need to retain enough to be able to buy food, or you must buy food first, before paying, and that creates a reason to not pay right away but wait until you reach a place where there is food.

If the follower takes all your money, and you have no food, you have to beg from money for food, or beg NPCs for food, or ... lots of options ... all hurt the PC's self-esteem right?

45 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

On another front, reading through the dialog text, and seeing all the stuff for the gambling game, I couldn't help but think it's stacked in an obvious way that discourages playing it.

Why not make the risk/reward on the game even - apparently fair - instead of biased?

You could then cheat the underlying dice rolls according to an MCM option that specifies how fair or unfair the game is.

In my case of playing and using the gamble it is usually a last resort or desperate gamble to avoid something worse..  The unfairness of it does fit with the idea of the follower being in charge and knowing they can do as THEY wish fair or not..

Some of your other ideas in your posts were very much in this theme i.e. the food play..   great idea for those using the ineeds, mini needs type mods..  Food for thought if you excuse the awful pun ,,

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

If you sum up the win column vs the lose column, the difference in favour of the follower is quite obvious.

I'm not sure if you get coerced into the gambling game, in which case it doesn't matter, but if you don't, and it's always a free choice, why would you ever play it?

The gambling is very much in favour of the house (much like real world gambling, except it is more blatant since the follower isn't working with large numbers here) - I assume its purpose isn't to be fair, it is more intended to be a quick risky cash that gets the player in trouble due to greed or laziness.  If it was "fair" there would be little downside to spamming it to buy whatever you wanted at the time for likely a similar amount of debt.

I've used it to temporarily bridge a gap to buy something I needed since as long as you have some deals left you can pay down the debt from a bad roll temporarily by selling freedoms (the item in question happened to be my primary weapon that my follower took from me and sold for not paying my debt in time).

More options and outcomes for the gambling could certainly be fun.

But.... quad sequential posts before actually playing the mod? :classic_blink:  Try it out!

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I've been through all the text for the game (including script files) and made a translator .EET file that (probably)...

...fixes all of the typos, grammatical errors, confusion between "your" and "you're", confusion between "there" and "their", replaces till (a non-existent word) with 'til, and so on...

Will you share it when done or send it to Lozeak?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I also removed a few words that make it sound like every follower is a modern American teenage girl, as I'm not convinced that "Huni", "Babe", and "whatever" add to the Skyrim ambience, though they do show the follower's level of contempt very nicely. I liked that aspect of them, but I couldn't come up with a lore-friendly term that had quite the same connotation of sexism and disrespect.

Suggestions would be appreciated! Not something like "slut", "pet" or "slave" though, as those are already used (and of course, I left them in) and have a much stronger implication.

- "Missy" shows just the right level of disrespect for a condescending male hired by a woman.
- "Partner" sounds quite neutral and suits the business relationship.
- "Darling" is used by some of Skyrim's NPC's already.
- "My sweet" is used by some of Skyrim's NPC's already.

6 hours ago, orgs1n said:

Will you share it when done or send it to Lozeak?

- "Missy" shows just the right level of disrespect for a condescending male hired by a woman.
- "Partner" sounds quite neutral and suits the business relationship.
- "Darling" is used by some of Skyrim's NPC's already.
- "My sweet" is used by some of Skyrim's NPC's already.

Good suggestions, I think I'll go through and use all of those as seems to fit the particular line best.

I don't know what I'm doing with the result.

I can share it any time really, but I guess I'd like Lorzeak to at least have a chance to express an opinion on whether it's frowned upon.

Apart from adding the suggestions above, it's done.

I think it's hard to argue against distributing the .EET, as anyone could make and use one for themselves.

To use the .EET you need to install ESP-ESM Translator and learn the basics of loading a mod and a .EET, then saving a translated mod.

Some people will know this well, others may never have heard of it before.

However, posting the modified ESP and PXE files (of which there are only a few), as a kind of patch, is going a step further, and he might consider it a support nuisance, or worse.

I also have a little .Net program I made that allows, within limits, the ability to apply an ESP-ESM XML file to script source files rather than compiled PXEs, but I'm not sure what to do with that. Only mod authors would ever want it.

28 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

However, posting the modified ESP and PXE files (of which there are only a few), as a kind of patch, is going a step further, and he might consider it a support nuisance, or worse.

IMO probably best to hold off on a modded .esp till Lozeak decides if he wants to incorporate it into his version or not, simply because it sounds like he may try to release a new bugfix/balance update in a day or two.  Sounds like some nice dialogue edits either way.

Every time I load a save game my devious follower forgets to be a devious follower.  I use the debug option to re-add.  Willpower and resistance continue from what they were, but (of course) the debt is reset to 0. 

Is it because I have two followers?  I only set one of them to be a devious follower.  Or maybe I have to wait after loading or fast travel or something for the follower to remember normally?

On 4/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, Lozeak said:

Maybe I fixed it, the dialouge added the _DMaster faction to the follower (rather than pass the alias) paying off follower should clear that but it doesn't so it probably glitchs out somewhere, I dunno it might need more work/maybe it's fixed. (btw this is a my mod problem I think)

Follow-up report on the Stenvar hireling bug - the worst part about the bug is fixed and he no longer steals Devious Follower status or breaks the mod if you talk to him with a follower.  He does still try to get onto the gravy train and auto-follows, but I was able to dismiss him with no problems and my original Devious Follower kept her dialogue and debt. 

Also, at a glance 1.12 -> 1.13 updating seems to work fine, this was not on a clean save and the new feature that causes followers to lose lives when a victim shows and is clickable.  

Thanks!