Cheating via giving your follower keys/gold to bypass things if 100% on the to do list at some point because it has to do with followers.

Selling DDs and such not really something I want to mess with too much cause it's not too much in the mods scope but maybe I could make the follower do stuff if you carry devices.

I did make it so the items your follower remove are destroyed in more cases when I updated to the new device system use to mainly stop your inventory filling with item.

I find this discussion interesting as I generally cannot sell the devices my followers give me. It's as if they're marked as stolen, or something. Even if devices are unlocked after a deal is terminated, they are not taken away from me and followers constantly bundle and overburden me with excess devices when I already have the ones they gave me last time :p.

15 minutes ago, Balgin said:

I find this discussion interesting as I generally cannot sell the devices my followers give me. It's as if they're marked as stolen, or something. Even if devices are unlocked after a deal is terminated, they are not taken away from me and followers constantly bundle and overburden me with excess devices when I already have the ones they gave me last time :p.

If you're just running DF, as lupine00 suggests, you can just dump them in any container. 

If you're also running Devious Cursed Loot, there's a new shop in Dawnstar past the guy who gives you Dagun's Razor quest's place. The merchant there will buy your devices

And, regardless of that status, hitting 50 Speechcraft and taking the Merchant perk will open up any merchant to buying them.

My own question.....Does DF do anything to Inn prices? After I installed it, the price to stay at an Inn jumped from 10 to 100 gold a night. My testbed character wouldn't care, 

My new playthrough girl though...Well, it's not that she can't pay it. But it's pricey when I have 2 deals and I'm trying to save to buy breezehome.

can you add a option in chat to upgrade current deals since trying tp upgrade a deal through can we makea new deal keepsspamming me with slaughterfish bear and dragon it would be nice to have a option in  chat to upgrade current deal rather than make a new deal to be spammedwith unwanted deals ;)

25 minutes ago, Balgin said:

I find this discussion interesting as I generally cannot sell the devices my followers give me. It's as if they're marked as stolen, or something.

That is Devious Devices behavior (not Devious Followers) to block the exploit in which selling a locked device would get you gold and the item would be reequipped, and repeat as often as you like, though there are easier ways to get free gold.  I suppose it does prevent one from selling a locked device by accident.  As noted above, the Merchant perk will allow vendors to buy devices, and various mod-added merchants (Laura's Bondage Shop) will do so even without the perk. 

2 hours ago, Starphyre said:

Does DF do anything to Inn prices? After I installed it, the price to stay at an Inn jumped from 10 to 100 gold a night.

Yes it blatantly does and I'm not entirely sure why (as it's expensive enough as it is :p). In all seriousness it's as expensive as you make it in the MCM menu but the inn  prices are up to 100 a night (probably to make the 50 gold you can pay for a follower to rent a room of their own and rest seem somewhat reasonable).

On a completely unrelated note, I could easily imagine a YPS shaving deal. Step 1 would be armpits, step 2 would be groin and step 3 would be head. The follower could then forcefully shave the player as  a punishment from time to time. Might be too much bother to implement especially as many Devious Followers users probably won't be using YPS in the first place.

2 hours ago, Balgin said:

Yes it blatantly does and I'm not entirely sure why (as it's expensive enough as it is :p). In all seriousness it's as expensive as you make it in the MCM menu but the inn  prices are up to 100 a night (probably to make the 50 gold you can pay for a follower to rent a room of their own and rest seem somewhat reasonable).

Definitely. But you can change this yourself by setting the global value - it's a thing from vanilla, so you can just set it in the console.

I use Realistic Room Rental, which changes the prices and lets you set them in the MCM. I mostly keep its defaults, which make Solitude and Windhelm very expensive. I end up walking to Riverwood from Whiterun to lodge as well, because it's much cheaper there than staying in the big fancy town.

12 hours ago, Starphyre said:

Although since I finally made it to an enchanting table, I could probably pay off her deals, I might not for rp reasons.

If you use FMEA, you won't be rushing to enchant anything, as without high skill it's very likely to end terribly.

4 hours ago, Starphyre said:

There's a setting for Inn prices? I don't see it. Or are you talking about the mod prices in general?

There's no setting for inn prices. I meant that the mod itself is as expensive as you make it with all the settings related to follower debt.

59 minutes ago, Zagzaguel said:

Mind giving me a few quick infos about this one?

When I first read through it I didnt exactly know what to think about it and just dropped it

You really should try it. Then realise the settings aren't what you want, change them and try it again.

The different skill handling systems are modules you can enable or disable individually.

So, if you don't use alchemy, or don't want smithing impacted, you can select accordingly.

All the secondary skills, along with the non-skills, like mining, are covered.

It ups the danger level of plant harvesting considerably. It can, if you wish, make plant harvesting almost impractical except as an end-game pursuit. Or you can have it occasionally punish you just a little. There are a lot of options in the MCM.

I had my doubts at first, but now it's almost always in my LO, though I vary the configurations.

16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Definitely. But you can change this yourself by setting the global value - it's a thing from vanilla, so you can just set it in the console.

More info on this please? I did a showglobalvars, but the entire list was longer than how far back I can scroll. Which variable do you need to change?

12 hours ago, Starphyre said:

thanks!

Or maybe thanks, but it doesn't work.

I set it to 10, and she(Hulda) still wants to charge me 100. I even exited and re-entered the cell to refresh it. 

Is there any way to filter that showglobalvars list?

It does work just the dialogue won't update.

Basically if you change it 10 it will charge 10 but inn keepers will always say 100. 

Won't explain much but dialouge that uses text replacement needs to be updated before it's displayed and since the main game doesn't change inn costs it never updates after game start.

I will look into adding a mcm for adjusting inn costs 

5 hours ago, Zagzaguel said:

I actually have the opposite effect of in price saying 10 but getting charged 100. Guess thats when you install the mod mid game¿ 

Force updating the dialouge isnt possible, huh?

Ingame, no unless 'resetquest DialogueGeneric' works

Mod wise most likely I'll look into it!

Does Devious Followers do anything about restricting Fast Travel? I'm having an issue where I'm getting a "Fast travel currently not allowed from this location" very frequently. I made 3 changes since everything worked properly, I added DF, I upgraded DCL to 8.3 and I added LAL. Unravelling DCL back to 8.2 would be a big issue, but I'm asking there as well.

Edit: I know DCL can restrict fast travel. I've got it set to Quests only, and I'm not involved in any of the quests that would trigger it.

Question for curiosity (and to see if I have a mod conflict/broke something in my latest install) - how long is the grace period between being over debt and getting punished for it?  

With my current settings I think the only option DF would have is force-adding deals (gold mode is off and endless mode on) and I wasn't having any dialogue trigger when I was just goofing around waiting for days at a time.  Just a lot of "your follower is angry - you should pay them" notifications.

I am using the EFF compatibility patch (which is just a script edit now?  nice - saves space), so possibly it was an issue with that or just a conflict of some sort.  I was also in a mod worldspace that may not have had proper location tags - so if the deal punishment waits for the player to be in a safe spot that could also have been my issue.

4 minutes ago, Starphyre said:

yeah

I didn't think so. And this bug is gamebreaking to me

Just to be 100% sure it isn't DCL you could try the "free me" button in that mod on a throw-away load, just to see if it *thinks* you are in a quest.  Likely not tho.

Might recommend making a thread in the support forum with a load order - someone may have suggestions of which mods to look at. 

Mini Update: No real progress on Devious Follower. Outside I'm actually playing it!!!!!

Willpower needs tweaking more. Will work on it (Tho I think messing with my MCM settings will help!)

But that's later...

I'm working on a new mod right now.

Basically, I had a really good idea or rather an idea I want in skyrim that ties gameplay to other content!!!

Spoiler

The idea is a mix of Defeat/Simple Slavery/Gambling

Will work like this when you bleedout you'll get a buff of extra dmg/defense and this will stack each time you bleedout until you leave an area.

What this will do, it will let you steamroll any content you want in the game!

But once you rest you'll be given a list of humiliating acts to choose from. 

The number of acts to choose from will be 6 minus the time you bled out (if you bled out 3 times then you'll have 3 to chose from)

You can reroll losing an option until either you have pick something or there is one option left.

You will either collared in a cursed collar until you have performed the picked action or if it's an instant thing it will just happen to you.

Examples of Things that could appear..

Make 6 deals with you follower (Devious followers)

Drink 5 bottles of skooma (Skooma whore/Addition mod)

Jump into a milking machine (Milkmod)

Get equipped with some DDs 

Steal 1000 gold worth of items

Sell yourself as a slave (SS)

Get equipped with whore collar (DCL)

What I'm going to do for first release

A proof of concept with I guess 10 things that include content from other mod.

If that works 

Take requests, Try to make it so events could be added from an outside source.

Then add a lore/story side of it.

Why add this, there is content in skyrim that is like WOW that is fun but you can easily avoid but this will hopefully fix this.

How long will this take?

1-4 weeks but I could give up cause there are things that may be hard for me to overcome and I would say this mod is difficult to make in the way I want to make it but I feel I could do it! 

So yea, it might never be made but I wanted to write the idea down because I think it's amazing ^^.