The "cheat" where you give your follower keys or money to hold so they can't be stolen, or removed by DCL traps really needs plugging.

Why not make it a feature?

Key holder deal

Level 1 - follower will release two keys a day

Level 2 - follower will release one key a day

Level 3 - follower holds all keys until you buy out the deal

During the deal, any generic DD keys you loot go to the follower - but only generic keys - anything else breaks quests.

Plus, if you hand a follower keys, it immediately signs you up for Level 1 key deal, if you don't have it.

For gold control, it's the same. See gold control deal a couple of posts up.

If you hand a follower gold, it immediately signs you up for a Level 1 gold control, if you don't have one.

If you're in gold control and you hand a follower gold, it simply reduces your current gold cap by the amount given :) 

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The "cheat" where you give your follower keys or money to hold so they can't be stolen, or removed by DCL traps really needs plugging.

This one can be managed via DCL, if you wern't originally aware.

One of the (many) DCL MCM variables is the chance of losing keys when you put them in a container or give them to someone.

Presumably for exactly the reasons you mention.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The mechanic where you can't disable modular deals if you have a modular deal is problematic.

The reason you might want to disable one is because it's going to conflict with something - as I had to disable Whore Armor, due to it causing endless debt-addition when using the rubber outfit for Frostfall warmth. Maybe it needs to be a little more discriminating in what you can't do while you have deals?

You are allowed to wear no clothing at all when that deal is on, the whore armor is optional. Maybe the rubber outfit you have is not a restraint? Otherwise it sounds like bug. It should count as not-clothing.

14 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You are allowed to wear no clothing at all when that deal is on, the whore armor is optional. Maybe the rubber outfit you have is not a restraint? Otherwise it sounds like bug. It should count as not-clothing.

Nope.

Simply nope. Wrong.

The rubber suit counts as clothing, so you aren't naked OR in whore armor, and the follower chain punishes you.

Maybe it's missing a keyword, maybe the check is wrong. Either way. It happens. In 2.X. Believe it.

Yes. It's a BUG, that's why I brought it up. Repeatedly.

14 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes. It's a BUG, that's why I brought it up. Repeatedly.

I get that it may well be a bug, i'm just implying that at least Cursed Loot introduces rubber suits that aren't actually lockable (from DAMN lootboxes). They really are clothing.

57 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I get that it may well be a bug, i'm just implying that at least Cursed Loot introduces rubber suits that aren't actually lockable (from DAMN lootboxes). They really are clothing.

This device is intrinsic to DF and has had the Frostfall stats manipulated.

It's a fun bondage device your follower can punish help you with, if you ask for something warm to wear - it does help you not freeze to death.

It certain IS a restraint; the NIF and AA come directly from DD and DF simply adds its own Armor items: _dflow_catsuit_transparent_Rendered, and _dflow_catsuit_transparent_Inventory respectively. It uses the zadx_catsuit_transparentAA for its model (AA item).

The rendered item has the following keywords: ClothingBody, MagicDisallowEnchanting, VendorNoSale, FrostfallWarmthMax, FrostfallCoverageMax, SexLabNoStrip, zaz_Lockable, zad_DeviousSuit, WarmClothes3, _DflowWarmer.

Notice the zad_Lockable in there...

As it has the Lockable keyword, and the DeviousSuit keyword, the problem is likely down to the DF dialog item checking conditions incorrectly, and requiring that you either have nothing in slot 32, or whore armor. And it's not nothing.

IIRC, this problem was in 1.74 too, and had a similar scenario where you were given whore armor and then the follower would rip the whore armor off you due to a nakedness deal that couldn't seem to tell that whore are was ... worse than naked . The issue where you could be in that situation, then add in the warm transparent suit, and get chain punished was also present then too, I think.

Because this suit is a restraint, the follower CANNOT rip it off you, and instead ends up punishing you, for what is a whole collection of conflicting conditions that don't cross-check each other properly.

Non locking clothes and armor that use rubber suit models serve a different purpose altogether.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Zagzaguel said:

??

To dismiss your follower via debug you go into DFs Debug menu and reset the mod, then talk to your follower "About my debt" -> "I want to pay my debt" -> "Pay debt (Follower dissmissable)" and dismiss.. or you can just dismiss him straight away.. not sure.. never dismissed mine via debug

You can also use "player.additem f [number]" (console comand) to get as much money as you need to pay yourself out of everything

If you have too much debt ("too much" can be set in the MCM) and your follower throws you into a dungeon with dozens of restraints he will be dismissed automatically. You should get a blackout and wake up in the dungeon with a message that he left you I believe

You dont need a console command to dismiss your follower. Wouldnt even be suprised if this breaks something

If you want to get rid of DD stuff the easiest way would be to go into the MCM of Deviously Cursed Loot and use the "Free me" option in its debug menu 

but remember this wont undo deals from DF, meaning you will stack punishment debt

You can also use the AddItem Menu to get the keys and unlock each and every restraint manually (which wont work for a lot of devices)

I never heard of a console command to free yourself from DD stuff

DD doesnt have a setting to disable specific items

I guess youre looking through the "Devices Underneath" pages. All they do is tell you which itemslots are being hidden when wearing an item in another specific slot (e,g, by default, wearing a item in slot 32 (main body) will hide items in slot 49 (which is used by chasity belts (and pants))

Rubbet suit uses slot 32 I believe

Slot 32 is also used for your regular armour

dunno what to say ...started a new game to test if it was a buggy save  ...super thanks 

3 hours ago, aspirine2 said:

I never heard of a console command to free yourself from DD stuff

Simply using player.removeitem <itemID> 1 is sufficient to remove non-quest items. Quest items can't be removed that way.

The only way to remove quest items is via the DD MCM option to remove all items, or the DCL "FREE ME!"

DDe can be used to manipulate items too, in various ways.

It is usually the most convenient way to tweak your DF items, because it can replace an item with a different item quite quickly.

If you use the DF MCM, you can "Pause" DF, while you perform item maintenance, so you don't get silly debts just from fixing broken DD stuff.

Or, you can just give yourself the money to compensate via the console.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:49 PM, Lupine00 said:

IIRC, this problem was in 1.74 too, and had a similar scenario where you were given whore armor and then the follower would rip the whore armor off you due to a nakedness deal that couldn't seem to tell that whore are was ... worse than naked . The issue where you could be in that situation, then add in the warm transparent suit, and get chain punished was also present then too, I think.

OK. I knew this was a bug, despite misguided assertions it was just me.

Now I've tracked down the exact broken dialog/condition config.

Firstly, there IS a check for the warm rubber suit from DF in ONE of the dialogs - in _DFlowDealH - your suit is protected from being ripped off by the dialog that strips clothes and binds your hands.

However, in _DFlowDealS, there is no such check. Nor does it check for DD keywords.

The dialog is:

"More debt then! You can be naked or wear the armor I gave you. While you have that deal you are my little whore and I want you to look like it.Or you can keep on paying?"

The conditions (of interest) are:

WornHasKeyword ArmorCuirass == 1.00 OR WornHasKeyword ClothingBody == 1.00

AND WornHasKeyword _DFWArmor != 1.00

In short, if you have clothing, or armor, and it's not the DF whore armor, it fires.

• It has no check for zad keywords.
  • It has no check for the _DflowWarmer keyword.

i.e. It fires on the suit your follower gives you, when it really shouldn't.

I think the easiest fix is to add the _DFWArmor keyword to the DF rubber suit - anyone can do this easily with Tes5Edit. It probably has no bad side effects.

Or if you're in the CK, you can add the missing check for DeviousSuit keyword NOT present before firing this dialog. Which will prevent never-ending punishment if you happen to get locked in a suit - which is silly.

I will give my feedback on this mod.

I must say that I like the concept, everything is nice and you can adjust the settings so it won't be impossible to buyout.

But I found something really frustrating on this mod, and that is leting you follower control the gold.

I find it kinda stupid that you can only buyout when your follower fells like it, and there is no option in mcm like % chance he/she will allow you to leave or something like that.

So I cheated to clear the debt and then my follower allowed me to leave.

Latter I hired another merc and... the gold controlling option was still on.

Sadly after that I unistaled the mod.

My sugestion is to add a option on MCM that allow us to leave the gold control whenever we want, if we have the credit that is. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Lupine00 said:

Might be a couple of conflicts with deals:

1) first I got a "follower rips your clothes off" deal

2) then I got a whore armor deal - follower constantly rips off the whore armor

3) then I complained I was cold, and was put in the rubber suit

4) follower drops into a loop of adding debt because I'm not wearing the whore armor

a) deal optimisation shouldn't give whore armor if already at rip off clothes

b) rip off clothes deal should always follow whore armor, not precede (because naked is worse than armored)

c) follower should consider the rubber suit for warmth (or any other lockable suit) as equivalent to whore armor for the purpose of the armor deal

(c) would particularly help de-conflict various situations.

Another lingering issue is I no longer know what any of my deals are, because I can't get a deal report from the follower.

The only way to verify my deals is save, then trial and error.

Yea I'll fix it next version thank you!

On 5/11/2019 at 5:24 AM, Harry Smackmeat said:

Okay, Is there going to be a way to disable objects that break immersion?  This is exactly why I can't stand DD. >_>

I prefer not having rubber suits and latex thrown all over a game with vikings and battleaxes and stuff.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:00 AM, Lupine00 said:

Additionally, the rubber suit is only added if you enable the Frostfall help in the MCM.

The suit is provided only on request by your helpful follower if you are feeling chilly.

It's a frostfall compatibility thing.

As for immersion ... Daggerfall had catsuits lol but I have made my mod in a way you can turn off stuff you don't like.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:05 PM, eulexia said:

Bug report:  When asking the follower what your deals are, if you have the max level piercing deal it doesn't properly process the text, so instead of replacing variables with names it spits out a bunch of code.  

+

On 5/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, Balgin said:

It's actually been doing that for the last few versions of the mod. The couple of instances of code it spits out are clearly supposed to be the Follower's name or a he/she/her/his that refers to them.

First time I heard of it or I forgot. Added it to do list

On 5/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, Lupine00 said:

I keep thinking that Gold Control would work nicely as a deal in itself. Then you'd have a reason to enter it "voluntarily".

Gold control deal - level 1 = gold cap is 1000

Gold control deal - level 2 = gold cap is 100

Gold control deal - level 3 = gold cap is 90

So, if you lose even a little limit in level 2, you can't afford a bed without solicitation, and at level 3, you just can't afford one.

Though Realistic Inn Rental might skew that.

+

On 5/12/2019 at 3:58 PM, Lupine00 said:

Why not make it a feature?

Key holder deal

Level 1 - follower will release two keys a day

Level 2 - follower will release one key a day

Level 3 - follower holds all keys until you buy out the deal

During the deal, any generic DD keys you loot go to the follower - but only generic keys - anything else breaks quests.

Plus, if you hand a follower keys, it immediately signs you up for Level 1 key deal, if you don't have it.

For gold control, it's the same. See gold control deal a couple of posts up.

If you hand a follower gold, it immediately signs you up for a Level 1 gold control, if you don't have one.

If you're in gold control and you hand a follower gold, it simply reduces your current gold cap by the amount given :) 

I think that if I get time I'll make gold/inventory/key control it's own system and work like gold control each day has different limits ect. I don't really want to make it part of the deal system, I'd rather it be its own thing.

There was something about it not displaying deal message, I'll look into it but modular deals can only be seen in the MCM.

=====================

First massive thank you to @Lupine00 agian for all the support he's giving to people!!!

Kind has been busy etc so no work is done on more content, sorry.

I have a lot of free time at the end of the month so I will look into at least fixing some bugs and hopefully that will inspire me to work more on to mod.

I do not know if you are looking for more deal ideas or not, but if you are I have one to suggest.

I think a Milk Slave deal would be great, utilizing the MME functionality. Something like:

1.) Periodically forced to drink Lactacid (perhaps quite often).

2.) Forced to wear a Milking Harness with DD functionality (should stack with current modular deals)

3.) Forced to produce "x" milk per day or the follower will add debt. 

I think this has already been mentioned before, but I cannot seem to be able to recruit Stenvar (the Windhelm hireling) when using this mod. When I select the option to, he uses his dialogue (w/o audio) but nothing happens. I seem to be able to recruit other hirelings (such as Jenassa), although I haven't tested to know if they work normally. 

14 hours ago, TBDM said:

I think this has already been mentioned before, but I cannot seem to be able to recruit Stenvar (the Windhelm hireling) when using this mod. When I select the option to, he uses his dialogue (w/o audio) but nothing happens. I seem to be able to recruit other hirelings (such as Jenassa), although I haven't tested to know if they work normally. 

This seems to be consistent with long standing behaviour.

Jenessa does work. Stenvar - and other mercs except Jenessa - behave strangely.

This is probably due to a bug in their dialog. See below...

Looking at the conditions on the hirelings, only Jenessa will work reliably.

The others have nonsensical conditions on them.

Stenvar is particular in that his dialog checks the RehireStenvar global - the others don't check their matching rehire global - though I don't believe this is causing any problems - it's just another peculiarity that only he checks it, and it definitely gives him different behaviour.

There are TWO ways to recruit a Devious Follower who is a mercenary.

1) You have enough cash to pay them.

2) You do not have cash to pay them.

I believe you can recruit any of the mercs, if you have ZERO cash. Try it.

This is because they check your gold against a value. If it's less than that value, the "with-debt dialog fires, and it should work to recruit them.

With Janessa, the value is fixed at 500 - matching the dialog text.

With all the other followers, for no reason I can see, the value checked is the HirelingChatterChance (which defaults to 20).

This does not match the dialog, and is basically nonsense.

Testing player gold against this is almost certainly a bug.

Replacing all of them with a fixed value of 500, so they match the dialog text would probably be better. Or use Global:hirelinggold, which is the correct solution for all cases, and can be used in dialogs too [<global=hirelinggold>].

The with-debt dialogs will not show up if you have more money than that number (500, correctly for Janessa, 20, incorrectly for everyone else).

If you recruit a mercenary normally - you have enough cash to pay them - they are supposed to be picked up the way any other follower would be. This seems not to work, but you should be able to use the debug dialog in the MCM (make follower a devious follower) to fix it.

There are two further odd conditions to recruit a follower, and these also seem to work - even for Stenvar - at least they have worked for me.

1) "There's a debt that you owe. If I make you pay it, I'll get a reward. So, I'll follow you until I get my share."

This requires 2 followers to show up. Strange right?

It's not restricted to mercenaries, but can fire for them.

It also checks quest stage. You need to not be enslaved.

I think the intent is that it's supposed to kick in when you have a follower, then add a merc, and they "become" devious when you trigger this.

It also checks quest stage. I think it simply requires that you have an active DF.

2) "You're that slave that escaped her master. Don't worry. I'll collect the debt for them."

This also requires 2 follower to show up.

It's also not restricted to mercenaries, but can fire for them.

It also checks quest stage. It requires you to be enslaved within DF.

I believe it's also supposed to fire when you have added the merc as a follower.

The conditions for both these dialogs are such that they can show up over and over again.

This is probably not intended, and can result in calling add follower on an existing follower. This is probably harmless, but not in any way good or helpful.

They should probably have a condition that excludes all existing DFs by faction.

As they can show up on an existing follower, and add the target as a follower, it looks as if they are intended to add-in any new followers you pick up after the first.

There should probably be equivalents for follower counts > 2 though - that just isn't covered at all!

The main dialog conditions on _DflowStarter require PlayerFollowerCount <= 1

So, to see the extra conditions, either PlayerFollowerCount has to be broken (I'm sure that can happen), or its update has to be lagging.

This is probably why seeing the "2 followers" described above are rarely seen.

It seems that the conditions on _DflowStarter should not require PlayerFollowerCount <= 1, as this can break follower addition in all kinds of situations.

The _DflowStarter check on the delay var is probably what causes them not to show repeatedly, when they show, but I can't imagine that was its intended purpose, and the behaviour just isn't reliably correct however you look at it. Having a global delay that can block all follower recruitment is inviting all kinds of bugs relating to not resetting it. Tying the quest starter to a misc dialog is probably the most brittle solution possible. I tried to find some more reliable alternatives, some time ago now, and came up with an alternate mechanic based on polling. I can see that might not appeal to everyone, but the less you do in the CK, the faster you can work.

Alas, for reasons that escape me, DF doesn't add all its OWN followers to a faction to track them in AddFollower on _DFlowFollowerController. It just adds to the CurrentHireling faction for mercs, and relies on the vanilla follower factions.

This seems an oversight as it stymies all kinds of practical dialog checks that might efficiently be performed.

In the DismissFollower method on _DFlowFollowerController, there's the possibility to update the variables "CanRehire<MercName>" - but as we saw, these are only used for Stenvar's dialog.

The final "bug" I found, is that if you hire a mercenary, using with-debt, and you have no other follower, it won't make the merc a DF, because it uses AddFollower, not AddFollowerDflow.

AddFollower is custom for mercs, and it doesn't update the quest stage if it's less than 10!

This is probably a long standing bug that's bedevilled mercs for ages.

In constrast, AddFollowerDflow always forces quest stage to 10.

So, AddFollower could gain:

If q.GetStage() < 10

q.SetStage(10)

EndIf

If !Alias__DMaster

Alias__DMaster.ForceRefTo(Follower)

EndIf

Which might fix the issue that most people perceive when trying to hire a merc as their first DF. Worth a try anyway.

It would also make AddFollowerDflow largely redundant - though it should still force DMaster, possibly fixing issues with a lingering uncleared alias.

My guess is that again, it's relying on the regular DF dialog start-up line to fire, and for some reason, it doesn't. Maybe mercs aren't getting into CurrentFollowerFaction? This would require some mod breaking the hireling code... DF puts them in CurrentHireling for sure, but this is not sufficient to make them work. (See later).

What troubles me about the starter quest, and its dialog, is its mixed tests. It can't decide what the source of truth is, and so contradictions can exist.

Probably, the most reliable mechanism is Factions, and follower count checks should only be used to create "appropriate variant dialogs" that add flavour.

The vanilla SetFollower script method doesn't explicitly set followers to have CurrentFollowerFaction - it relies on the alias to provide it, along with PlayerFollowerFaction and WIFollowerCommentAction. Follower frameworks will handle it their own way.

In any case, followers should end up in the correct faction, even mercs, so I can't see why they don't cause the regular "I hope you don't try to cheat me" dialog like ordinary followers. Maybe this will jump out at somebody else?

Examining the code in HirelingQuest, hirelings should normally be both hirelings and followers, and get both quests. They should thus have both factions, and function normally within DF.

The vanilla hireling script is fragile though, multiple hireling followers won't work properly with it, so trying to recruit two hirelings may end with one ending up in a muddled state, partially in the quest, partially out of it. Again, issues with no single source of truth in the design, this time Bethesda's.

Hello i have a little problem here. i'm using version 1.72

The technical problems are: the Chains of Debt are invisible but the iron prisoner chains not.

the tape gag is invisible

The gameplay problems are:

I really don't know how to start the mentioned mini games when you are not enslaved. i think two mini games has started since i play this mod. the first one: my follower puts me in some devious devices and i needed to go to the stables...

the second was in an inn. i woke up bounded and my follower told me that she was bored at night.... know the rest. My problem here is, i really don't know what i have done to start them but i liked them and would like to play them again and also see the rest of the mini games. so, how does they work and how could i start them. i saw something in the describtion but i don't really understand that. could someone explain it?? Oh and what can i do about that invisible staff?

15 hours ago, Schalli1980 said:

Hello i have a little problem here. i'm using version 1.72

The technical problems are: the Chains of Debt are invisible but the iron prisoner chains not.

the tape gag is invisible

The gameplay problems are:

I really don't know how to start the mentioned mini games when you are not enslaved. i think two mini games has started since i play this mod. the first one: my follower puts me in some devious devices and i needed to go to the stables...

the second was in an inn. i woke up bounded and my follower told me that she was bored at night.... know the rest. My problem here is, i really don't know what i have done to start them but i liked them and would like to play them again and also see the rest of the mini games. so, how does they work and how could i start them. i saw something in the describtion but i don't really understand that. could someone explain it?? Oh and what can i do about that invisible staff?

Sounds a bit like the assets from DDx are missing from your game. Check that first.

19 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Sounds a bit like the assets from DDx are missing from your game. Check that first.

No i have all requirements installed (Integration, Assets, Expansion). now i have made an update on version 2.02b. It seems that the Petsuit also didn't work. My follower said that this suit is equipped and i also have a dialogue option for the follower to take it off. but there is no suit equipped and i also have no clue what this suit do to you. because i didn't have discovered any negative effects or any different dialogue options on npc's. i also looked on the item list of this mod via (additemmenu mod) and there is also no petsuit. the versions of assets, integration and expansion are all not the current one. they are 4.0 because the current versions are not 100% compatible with slaverun reloaded.

Oh and by the way, the Iron Prisoner Chains work fine (they are visible) and do the same as the Chains of Debt.

I installed all my mods with the Nexus Mod Manager if it matters.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, Schalli1980 said:

No i have all requirements installed (Integration, Assets, Expansion). ...

I installed all my mods with the Nexus Mod Manager if it matters.

In this case it doesn't matter, DDa, DDi and DDx don't contain conflicting files. You can still have wrong load order, have some error during install or misuse FNIS, Bodyslide or use wrong skeleton (reinstall that too just in case). If assets are missing (invisible) then mod is just not installed right. Try redoing it, or check carefully the Bodyslide part, it only needs 1 batch build.

35 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

In this case it doesn't matter, DDa, DDi and DDx don't contain conflicting files. You can still have wrong load order, have some error during install or misuse FNIS, Bodyslide or use wrong skeleton (reinstall that too just in case). If assets are missing (invisible) then mod is just not installed right. Try redoing it, or check carefully the Bodyslide part, it only needs 1 batch build.

The nuance of my comment was that the problem likely lies entirely in how DDx is working. If you have partially working DD items, it's worth noting that some come from DDa and some from DDx, and some may come from DCL if you have that.

PetSuit comes from DDx, not DDa or DCL.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The nuance of my comment was that the problem likely lies entirely in how DDx is working. If you have partially working DD items, it's worth noting that some come from DDa and some from DDx, and some may come from DCL if you have that.

PetSuit comes from DDx, not DDa or DCL.

I never run into a missing DD item, no matter wich of the three mods. I also have no problems with DCL. Only here on Devious Followers. My version of DDx don't contain a Petsuit. I'm using version 4.0! Wich version did you have installed?

On 5/21/2019 at 2:43 AM, Schalli1980 said:

It seems that the Petsuit also didn't work. My follower said that this suit is equipped and i also have a dialogue option for the follower to take it off. but there is no suit equipped and i also have no clue what this suit do to you.

1 hour ago, Schalli1980 said:

My version of DDx don't contain a Petsuit

Well that would be why your PetSuit doesn't work then!

Hardly any point bringing it up here if you know why your petsuit isn't working.

Or your tape gag.

You need to install the versions of DDi/DDx that DF depends on if you want your DF to work properly.

You cannot expect items that are not in your DD install to work.

You say you never run into a missing DD item, but that's exactly what your missing PetSuit was...

A totally missing item.

DF requires items you simply don't have, so I think you may be mistaken about never running into a missing item.

You are missing everything added between 4.0 and 4.2, and DF uses a few of those items.

The front page of DF does not say what version of DDi/x it depends on. I suppose the implication is you need the LATEST version.

Especially if you use 2.02b.

OTOH, if you know those items aren't in your DD install, then you could probably have guessed the problem is that DF depends on a newer version of DD.

If you want to use Slaverun Reloaded together with DF, patch your Slaverun to use newer DD. I'm pretty sure there are patches on the Slaverun forum.

You didn't say what version of SLR you're using either.

I think it is necessary to introduce an additional check for Serana (Dawnguard). Serana is not a standard follower, for example, EFF doesn't work with her by default.

When I try to assign Serana to Devious Followers through debugging DF, control over her through EFF is turned on (I think it DF EFF patch worked), but there is no dialogue Devious Followers.

DF 2.02 (not 2.02b or 2.02a)