Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

Not sure if I needed to post here or in a Help area but this unfortunately just combines my sims into 1, standing and no interactions happen even when trying to switch positions from the list of added animations which do show up, but unfortunately they still just stand together as a combined Sim then separate. Any ideas?

(sims 3: 1.67 - no expansions added at the moment / disc installation) 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OyvonneO said:

passion option is not showing.

You need to be more specific to get help.

Did you setup a mod folder ?

Did you extract the ZIP and copy the necessary files  (only) into the mod folder?

Did you go through the PDF what comes with passion ?

Did you went through the first posts of this thread ?

21 hours ago, llc112 said:

auto switch position

this is new to me......

The constant position switching is a known issue and many (also me) complain about.

But it should only happen if you once initiate to switch the position of actors.

Then they keep switching through the whole action on each animation change - I think.

And if more then two actors involved, may the wrong actors will switch too.

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

You need to be more specific to get help.

Did you setup a mod folder ?

Did you extract the ZIP and copy the necessary files  (only) into the mod folder?

Did you go through the PDF what comes with passion ?

Did you went through the first posts of this thread ?

Yes, I did. I went through the pdf and followed it. I extracted it from the ZIP. It was inside my mod folder. I added animations too, from animated Woohoo(I removed the animations with “AW”) I have some nraas mod, I have MC, story progression, woohooer, vector, cupcake, debugenabler, errortrap, overwatch, porter, tagger, traffic, traveler, vector.  Oh, I have zerbu ultimate career also.

Hey!

Great community here, thanks for all the guides!
Trying to set up the fun stuff for my friend, as she's not too comfortable with techy modding stuff.
Although as far as I can tell, the only really fiddly bit will be going into the settings in game and manually linking the animations?

Having gone through and downloaded everything that I can see is possibly relevant to running Passion, I'm a bit worried I grabbed too many, and am now thinking about the best order to load & test them in; and perhaps to consolidate some of the mods - like starting the first load with just a few of the most important ones.

Here is a link to screenshots of my Sims3 Dashboard, showing every package I've downloaded(3 screenshots, around 100 packages in total):
https://imgur.com/a/zo3QHjp (Apologies if I've used a bad image host for the forum, did a search but couldn't find any rules on this)

All these files are currently in the Mods/Packages folder within My Docs.

Is this too many? Or have I got an appropriate selection? Is there anything that stands out as a conflict?
(Dashboard says I've dealt with them all but this is still pretty new to me)

Tech:
Sims 1.69.43.024017 running on Windows 10.
Got almost all expansions except EP06 (Showtime), SP06 (Katy Perry Sweet), SP07 (Diesel), SP08 (70/80/90s), SP09 (Movies) - these we don't have.

Thanks so much for any guidance ❤️

3 hours ago, jikkir said:

Hey!

Great community here, thanks for all the guides!
Trying to set up the fun stuff for my friend, as she's not too comfortable with techy modding stuff.
Although as far as I can tell, the only really fiddly bit will be going into the settings in game and manually linking the animations?

Having gone through and downloaded everything that I can see is possibly relevant to running Passion, I'm a bit worried I grabbed too many, and am now thinking about the best order to load & test them in; and perhaps to consolidate some of the mods - like starting the first load with just a few of the most important ones.

Here is a link to screenshots of my Sims3 Dashboard, showing every package I've downloaded(3 screenshots, around 100 packages in total):
https://imgur.com/a/zo3QHjp (Apologies if I've used a bad image host for the forum, did a search but couldn't find any rules on this)

All these files are currently in the Mods/Packages folder within My Docs.

Is this too many? Or have I got an appropriate selection? Is there anything that stands out as a conflict?
(Dashboard says I've dealt with them all but this is still pretty new to me)

Tech:
Sims 1.69.43.024017 running on Windows 10.
Got almost all expansions except EP06 (Showtime), SP06 (Katy Perry Sweet), SP07 (Diesel), SP08 (70/80/90s), SP09 (Movies) - these we don't have.

Thanks so much for any guidance ❤️

Outfit Changer has a Nude outfit option so it could conflict with Cmar's Get Naked use one or the other. You also have 7 sets of Default skin replacements Gecko's and Cmar's you can use only 1 default replacement at a time. I use Default skins from this person theirs looks better than Cmar's and Gecko's https://simfileshare.net/folder/13617/ 

remember to use only one default skin.

6 hours ago, OyvonneO said:

Yes, I did. I went through the pdf and followed it. I extracted it from the ZIP. It was inside my mod folder. I added animations too, from animated Woohoo(I removed the animations with “AW”) I have some nraas mod, I have MC, story progression, woohooer, vector, cupcake, debugenabler, errortrap, overwatch, porter, tagger, traffic, traveler, vector.  Oh, I have zerbu ultimate career also.

So passion still not working ?

Next good step to show us a screen shoot of your mod folder. It would help to see if something is wrong and where it may get stuck.

But you use a lot NRASS stuff what I did not use up to now and I do not know if mayor conflicts with passion may happen.

(cupcake, debugenabler, errortrap, porter, tagger, traffic, traveler, vector)

Just saw this : I removed the animations with “AW”) Hopefully you know that you need two files for each animation pack.

Ether I.e. AW_XXX.animation and XXX.animation or OKW_XXX.animation and XXX.animation.

AW or OKW files are the xml to tell the mod what to do with the corresponding animation. The second file bear the animations itself.

Without this xml, no animation will be registered.

Greetings, I do not know if it helps, but I put some screenshots of what my mods folder is like, I mark the animations subfolder in red, for example, and within it I have another for each creator, the same in blue I have one "body" folder and subfolders for each part that requires specific packages (like the one for "skins"), I have another one for the basic Mods (the ones I always use), and another for the mods that control certain actions, (like passion) that I don't always use. I do not know how you will have your folder but this system allows me to quickly identify and locate the cc that I want to remove for any reason.

Spoiler

1.PNG.7c0fde40e676750f47d73a2a895676e7.PNG2.PNG.b54a8604bc300a15ab12ae365b78f51b.PNG3.PNG.ca12d9a7c1299e333cc678b9e303ab56.PNG4.PNG.a9b6433e48fcf70a0aca2b48bbff9ccb.PNG5.PNG.6314cfe46d1b45bb18a3a209dc6b692e.PNG

2 hours ago, Clydie said:

Next good step to show us a screen shoot of your mod folder. It would help to see if something is wrong and where it may get stuck.

But you use a lot NRASS stuff what I did not use up to now and I do not know if mayor conflicts with passion may happen.

Just saw this : I removed the animations with “AW”) Hopefully you know that you need two files for each animation pack.

Ether I.e. AW_XXX.animation and XXX.animation or OKW_XXX.animation and XXX.animation.

AW or OKW files are the xml to tell the mod what to do with the corresponding animation. The second file bear the animations itself.

Oh, I didn’t know. I read somewhere that the AW animation will disrupt the passion animation. That’s why.image.thumb.jpg.6f5aaced6a8a59886dcfd71e786ba983.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.505f81e191cd9c6474dc867348cf3a28.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.cde24ee056f5e9b7147be910c6f6dc73.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.fca3072cab0d6e6da1071c8a58f38d93.jpg

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

I also just noticed that when I load my game, passion is doesn’t show in the mod list that pops up in main menu. I just added the AW animations with the others but no difference.

31 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

Maybe I'm saying nonsense, but shouldn't all the files be inside the Packages folder? 

Captura.PNG

my mods folder looks like this

0.PNG

And inside Packages are all the others

That actually makes sense. I forgot that Sims 3 mod installation is very different from sims 4. But now when I tried to open the sims 3 launcher. It’s showing that one is not fit for my verison(1.67) and I can’t find any that’s not compatible(I went through the pdf and only installed the ones for 1.67)

image.jpg

10 hours ago, Patriguz said:

Maybe I'm saying nonsense, but shouldn't all the files be inside the Packages folder? 

No nonsense, correctly true !

10 hours ago, OyvonneO said:

But now when I tried to open the sims 3 launcher. It’s showing that one is not fit for my verison(1.67) and I can’t find any that’s not compatible(I went through the pdf and only installed the ones for 1.67)

What if you say continue ?

But anyway we are here on a point where I would recommend the following :

Rename your Sims 3  folder into Sims 3.BAK or something.

Fire up the game, start a world, select a household, then quit the game without saving.

Then you will find a new Sims 3 (besides the renamed folder) folder. Therein you setup a new Mod folder and copy the necessary files only into the

package folder. (decensor, nointro a.s.o.) copy passion in there with files only what twilightstorm call out as required in the PDF.

Copy also some animations in there. (recommend to use the latest from their respective download page and use the OKW files)

Make sure each animation have two files the OKW (AW) and the KW-animation.

Start the game, passion registers most of the animations automatically.

If the game and passion is working then and animations are shown, you can add desired additional packages into your mod/packages folder again.

(leave away this barmaid stuff at first, it is a core mod, and careful with additional Cmar stuff, since with passion comes the CmarPenis package.

This is a merged file and contain all needed Cmar stuff. Mean, try to avoid installing packages twice in your mod folder. Also nice to have but never used stuff at this time too.

Of course you can always switch back to your "old" game by renaming the Sims 3 folder accordingly......

19 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

Outfit Changer has a Nude outfit option so it could conflict with Cmar's Get Naked use one or the other. You also have 7 sets of Default skin replacements Gecko's and Cmar's you can use only 1 default replacement at a time. I use Default skins from this person theirs looks better than Cmar's and Gecko's https://simfileshare.net/folder/13617/ 

remember to use only one default skin.

Thank you so much!

Have removed Get Naked.

Looking at the skins now - so basically, everything labelled "Texture Replacement" I can delete? (Gecko & Cmar)

Do I then download every texture from your link? Or just ONE texture downloaded from your link?
(I mean, I'm confused if by "only use one default skin", does that mean the whole set of Starfruit download links in there? Like, should I get the two files under candied, and the two files under freckled, and etc? Get all of them in that link?
Or does it mean just ONE of the download links in your link, e.g. ONLY KBRosewaterCleanNDSkin.package ?)

My final question (hopefully): I did a search for "AW" and noticed this in my packages: AW_Masteranimations
Should I delete this?

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

No nonsense, correctly true !

But anyway we are here on a point where I would recommend the following :

Rename your Sims 3  folder into Sims 3.BAK or something.

Fire up the game, start a world, select a household, then quit the game without saving.

Then you will find a new Sims 3 (besides the renamed folder) folder. Therein you setup a new Mod folder and copy the necessary files only into the

package folder. (decensor, nointro a.s.o.) copy passion in there with files only what twilightstorm call out as required in the PDF.

Copy also some animations in there. (recommend to use the latest from their respective download page and use the OKW files)

Make sure each animation have two files the OKW (AW) and the KW-animation.

Start the game, passion registers most of the animations automatically.

If the game and passion is working then and animations are shown, you can add desired additional packages into your mod/packages folder again.

(leave away this barmaid stuff at first, it is a core mod, and careful with additional Cmar stuff, since with passion comes the CmarPenis package.

This is a merged file and contain all needed Cmar stuff. Mean, try to avoid installing packages twice in your mod folder. Also nice to have but never used stuff at this time too.

Of course you can always switch back to your "old" game by renaming the Sims 3 folder accordingly......

Thanks a lot. Everything is working now. Thank you.

4 hours ago, jikkir said:

Looking at the skins now - so basically, everything labelled "Texture Replacement" I can delete? (Gecko & Cmar)

Do I then download every texture from your link? Or just ONE texture downloaded from your link?
(I mean, I'm confused if by "only use one default skin", does that mean the whole set of Starfruit download links in there? Like, should I get the two files under candied, and the two files under freckled, and etc? Get all of them in that link?
Or does it mean just ONE of the download links in your link, e.g. ONLY KBRosewaterCleanNDSkin.package ?)

Yes you can delete Gecko's and Cmar's. You can keep the ones that have ND in the file name as I'll explain the difference between Default and Non-Default skins below.

Default replacements apply itself to all sims in the game automatically and because of that you can only use one as they would conflict and try to overwrite each other you can spot default replacements since they almost always use the word Default as part of the file name.

Non-Default replacements can only be used in CAS and are used for creating unique sims as they can be applied on just 1, 2 or more sims at a time you can have as many Non-Defaults as you want but as I said you can only use them in CAS so they have to be applied manually. Non-defaults can be recognized as they usually use ND in the file name.

You can use Default and ND skins at the same time but honestly unless your planning on making just 1 or 2 sims in CAS to have a unique skin texture it's best to forget about the ND skins and just get one of the Default skins. That one you mentioned is a Non-Default as you can see the ND in the file name. You would need at least one skin that says Default for the remaining sims in the game. Personally I don't use Non-Default skins as they can sometimes be a PITA to mess with.

Click on the Subfolders in the link I gave to find a bunch of different types of skins. 

My final question (hopefully): I did a search for "AW" and noticed this in my packages: AW_Masteranimations
Should I delete this?

Nah you can keep them if you want them just remember when you uninstall animations you have to remove both files that you installed and then Reset Passions animations list.

18 hours ago, OyvonneO said:

That actually makes sense. I forgot that Sims 3 mod installation is very different from sims 4. But now when I tried to open the sims 3 launcher. It’s showing that one is not fit for my verison(1.67) and I can’t find any that’s not compatible(I went through the pdf and only installed the ones for 1.67)

That's a Core mod incompatibility warning don't ever ignore those. Core mods are patch level specific and you have to use the right one for your patch level. An incompatible Core mod will break your game.

Where did you get your game from Origin, Steam, Disc or some other source?

If you got it from Steam then you need to use the Non-Core script version of Barmaids.

If from Origin you need to remove the 1.67 version and use the 1.69 version of Barmaids or use the Script version (personally I don't use the Core mod version).

If it was a disc obviously it wouldn't have given that warning unless you let Origin patch your game to 1.69.

You'll need to get a compatible version of XCAS for Mod the Sims if your on patch 1.69. Unless your game is cracked then forget about XCAS.

If you got it from some other source (cracked) use the Script version.

8 hours ago, Clydie said:

Don't ever tell someone that when they get a Core mod warning of having an incompatible version for their game as an incompatible Core mod will break their game.

22 hours ago, Clydie said:

The only things from Nraas that can cause problems and only when Barmaids is installed is Nraas Register cause it can't handle custom services and the Nraas Story Progression Careers addon (not the Nraas Careers mod there not the same thing) as for some reason it'll crash the game. Without Barmaids these 2 mods will be fine with Passion.

And Nraas Selector has the potential to conflict with Passion in general because it replaces the PickObjectTask and SelectObjectTask systems. And will conflict with any mod that uses a custom OnPick() functionality. Whether Passion uses the game standard approach (in which case they will be fine together) or uses a custom approach I don't know so I leave it out just in case.

1 hour ago, spaceman1 said:

Don't ever tell someone that when they get a Core mod warning of having an incompatible version for their game

Sorry about that. Looong time ago I saw this once too in my game but ignored it.  Up to now I never thought is was really caused by a core mod and can damage the game.

This and your post above : I always learn from you. Seriously, thank you very much sharing still  your knowledge here. It is highly appreciated.

I also miss Namaradus here since long. To bad !  

15 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Sorry about that. Looong time ago I saw this once too in my game but ignored it.  Up to now I never thought is was really caused by a core mod and can damage the game.

This and your post above : I always learn from you. Seriously, thank you very much sharing still  your knowledge here. It is highly appreciated.

No problem I kinda figured you where unaware of the dangers.

15 minutes ago, Clydie said:

I also miss Namaradus here since long. To bad !

He's a friend of mine I always contact him on GoG when I'm unsure of things. He is also known as SittingBear at Nraas or is that his brother not sure he won't say one way or the other.

Both of us are Navajo from the Navajo Nation. So we grew up together.

2 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

That's a Core mod incompatibility warning don't ever ignore those. Core mods are patch level specific and you have to use the right one for your patch level. An incompatible Core mod will break your game.

Where did you get your game from Origin, Steam, Disc or some other source?

If you got it from Steam then you need to use the Non-Core script version of Barmaids.

If from Origin you need to remove the 1.67 version and use the 1.69 version of Barmaids or use the Script version (personally I don't use the Core mod version).

If it was a disc obviously it wouldn't have given that warning unless you let Origin patch your game to 1.69.

You'll need to get a compatible version of XCAS for Mod the Sims if your on patch 1.69. Unless your game is cracked then forget about XCAS.

If you got it from some other source (cracked) use the Script version.

Don't ever tell someone that when they get a Core mod warning of having an incompatible version for their game as an incompatible Core mod will break their game.

Sorry, but I don’t really understand. My game is cracked. 

22 hours ago, OyvonneO said:

Sorry, but I don’t really understand. My game is cracked. 

Due to the Rules of Loverslab the only thing I can say is use the non-core version of Barmaids or in other words the script mod version of it that is meant for the Steam version of the game or just don't use Barmaids.

Loverslab has a zero tolerance policy for game cracks and helping someone that has a cracked game can get your account suspended which I'm not willing to risk.

Also for all intents and purposes cracked/pirated games can't be modded properly due to what was done to them to remove the DRM.