Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

On 4/11/2020 at 3:31 AM, TwilightStorm said:

If the behavior of a mod is against the behavior of another, we call it conflict.

Trust me!

I'm it's developer....   

48 minutes ago, singinhippi said:

Cool thanks, I've been having another issue with embarrassment, why do elders get embarrassed when attempting to passion? I can confidently say that it has nothing to do with their traits. Is there anything else that could be affecting this? I have had some success when one of my elder sims who is married to a young adult and I 'user direct' make them passion, but when they attempt an autonomous passion caused by the 'Autonomy' settings in the mod the elder sim gets embarrassed and leaves the room. Hope you can answer this as I've seen it asked multiple times and I can't find an answer anywhere.

Just did a bit more testing and it seems that even with a user directed passion the elder will get embarrassed when they change positions.

Good job @TwilightStorm wonderful and much improved over original AW, Thanks so much.

Thanks to all the beta testers too that helped with finding problems and did all the AW-KW XML conversions.

I've read the entire thread before installing, lol.

Haven't played TS3 since 2010-2015 so I decided to take a break from S4 and try this one out.

Everything works fine but No Barmaids installed, just not needed ATM.

Win7 and disc game version 1.63, (also have that Net Framework version that some had problems with) 

Still have to Launch base game launcher with Origin, but in offline mode.

Also have quite a few old 'no autonomous' mods that still work.

Plus a few hairs, makeup, and clothing, which I need to merge one of these days.

Wanted to test everything again before merging them.

Since S3 ran fine before all so I did was replace all the AW files with KW files and Passion of course.

Left my original CMAR and NRass mods alone.

Had to remove a Bar mod that would conflict with Passion, Dashboard found it.

I'm curious why Passion Sex Mod is using a Bar XML?

Does it also control Sex Animations for Bars? 

Only thing I've seen strange happen is when 2 sims decided to go play on a bench at the graveyard in Sunset Valley.

They quit before it started and popped something about clip and null, I suspect they couldn't find an animation for it.

But I did have the Passion Initial set to Fuck instead of All so that might be why.

However No Passion menu would come up after this, tried 'stop all' and 'stop' menu but did not reset sims.

Had to use NRass to reset my sim to clear it so not a big deal really.

Just noticed  my Male Witch Sim's magic energy gets depleted every time he does Passion with another sim.

He hasn't even used/practiced any magic yet in game yet. 

Found another possible magic mod I've just removed now for retesting. 

Well that didn't fix it.

What does the Passion Sex Mod do to affect Magic when no spells were even used? 

Found the problem: Had changed Passion/Motives Setting to 'Fill Motives' so it must be draining magic to do it.

Wonder how it fills motives if a sim isn't a Witch?

Anyhow changed the setting to Freeze and it stopped draining my sims magic.  

Hey can some one please answer these questions.

Does this mod work with Teens?

Does it have age restrictions? (Teen - Adult) 

Does it require a height slider? 

Do the pet animations work?

Does it play nice with Nraas or Error trap? Can I use Nraas Overwatch or error trap with this mod?

45 minutes ago, SmokyNoon said:

Does this mod work with Teens? YES

Does it have age restrictions? (Teen - Adult)  NO

Does it require a height slider? NO

Do the pet animations work? DON'T KNOW BUT THINK YES

Does it play nice with Nraas or Error trap? DON'T KNOW BUT THINK YES

Can I use Nraas Overwatch or error trap with this mod? YES

Recommend to go through the posts from Twilightstorm at the beginning of this thread (the change logs too) or just try it out !

18 hours ago, SmokyNoon said:

Does this mod work with Teens?

Does it have age restrictions? (Teen - Adult) 

Does it require a height slider? 

Do the pet animations work?

Does it play nice with Nraas or Error trap? Can I use Nraas Overwatch or error trap with this mod?

Yes it works with Teens and Teen Adult but there is a restriction, I think.

Teens must be at least 50%+ of their age cycle to work.

However since I use the NRass Woohoo module you can change settings in there to override those restrictions.

Since Teens are shorter some animations look a bit strange with some animations not being aligned.

So yes you can use height sliders, along with other sliders too.

No Pets

NRass does not conflict at all and is pretty much a 'must have' mod for TS3.

I think there are 1 or 2 modules that shouldn't be used but not the ones most people use.

2 hours ago, iamdreadwolf said:

doese passion cause conflicts with KW?

Yes, you should run one or the other.  What you can do is set up 2 different saves of your game in the My Documents folder.  You have the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents, simply set up passion in that folder.  If you want to set up another with Kinky World, simply disable your passion game by adding something like .passion to the end (Electronic Arts.passion).  This will force the game to create a new Electronic Arts folder that you can set up for Kinky World.  You can enable/ disable whichever game set up you want to play that day, so you can have the best of both worlds!

On 4/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, iamdreadwolf said:

doese passion cause conflicts with KW?

On 4/30/2020 at 5:09 PM, playervlad1999 said:

Yes, you should run one or the other.  What you can do is set up 2 different saves of your game in the My Documents folder.  You have the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents, simply set up passion in that folder.  If you want to set up another with Kinky World, simply disable your passion game by adding something like .passion to the end (Electronic Arts.passion).  This will force the game to create a new Electronic Arts folder that you can set up for Kinky World.  You can enable/ disable whichever game set up you want to play that day, so you can have the best of both worlds!

Just to add to this:  If you read the older posts by the mod creator, you'll see he strongly advises against even loading any save that ever had been used with KW in a game with Passion installed.  (In that usage: "save" would be the things in the "Saves" folder inside the folder mentioned above.

But, if you have more than TS3 from EA, you'll probably want to only rename the "The Sims 3" folder, not the "Electronic Arts" folder.  (Which twilightstorm also mentioned in a post somewhere on here.)

When I was swapping between I had it like this:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3     <<--- currently running game

Documents\Electronic Arts\TS3.passion   <<--- passion-specific version (saves, mods, animations*, everything)

Documents\Electronic Arts\TS3.kw           <<--- kw-specific version (saves, mods, animations*, everything)

But I'm a techie, so I used folder syncing software to copy between the folders.  You could just rename TS3.passion to The Sims 3 and back.

* I mention animations, because there are some OKW files (basically the controller that has the XML files) for the animation packs that are Passion-specific.  Those don't work well (or at all, YMMV) with KW, so best to not get them mixed up.

Hi Storm!

Have a gift for you so check your mail :D

Hope all is well and stay safe. 

Play the sims, share the love in hugs and kisses real or virtual, and we'll get threw this.

By pasta and other cheep food that lasts a long time and save money for the rainy days are here.

Big warm hug to all ❤️

Linnhe you find the animations on the first page under SimJMFan AW to KW Conversions

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=461973

It is there you just press down and it should download. Try different browser if not. ;)

My sims are obsessed with having sex on counters, sinks, and doors.

They will walk 10 miles past 10 other objects just to do it on a sink, counter, or door, rather than choosing a closer object.

So I edited all the OKW xmls to remove entire sections related to doors, and it stopped sims from using doors, or trying and failing.

Also removed parts of them for other animations that either had clipping/alignment issues, or just didn't like.

Did the same thing for Counters but had to leave a couple that I liked, just so they wouldn't keep trying and failing all the time.

(There is no way I can just disable Counters & Sinks entirely because Passion still tries to use them)

Are the 'Sinks' considered 'Counters' as 'objects' because sims still try to do it on Sinks but fail and get dressed again?

Can't seem to find any references to Object 'Sinks' in any of the XML files, but maybe I just missed them in the originals.

So Passion assumes you have every animation 'required' to work, and I have to install all of them, like it or not? 

Maybe I missed something along the way but I don't have WTW, or Spaceman Animations installed for example.

Didn't really see any Passion Animations requirements, just cmar, toys, and no mosiac.

Obviously Passion won't work without Animations but it doesn't specify which ones you 'must have' to prevent failing.

7 hours ago, Scorpio said:

So Passion assumes you have every animation 'required' to work, and I have to install all of them, like it or not? 

I'm not sure I understand your question.  From what I recall (been a while*) Passion scans for what animation packages you actually have installed and adds those animations to the available list.

They will walk 10 miles past 10 other objects

This is just how EA handles assigning target object to Sims (same often happens if you don't "assign" beds).  As I understand it, the "closest object" (or "best choice") code does not look at "walking distance" but "actual distance".  So if you are standing underneath something on the 2nd floor, but have to walk across the lot to get to the stairs, it doesn't really take that into account (or at least not as well as it should).  Also, "availability" is considered.  So if it has already queued up (assigned) that Sim 3 is going to make food at a counter, then it will not (later) let someone else use that counter until "Sim 3" is done.  I'm pretty sure some of that is done before it actually shows in the queue, but not really sure.

sims are obsessed

Just a guess here, but this (fairly common complaint) seems to be a combination of traits and what you have done in-game before then.  The more something is done, the more a Sim will "like" doing it.  That goes for everything under the EA sun, and I'm pretty sure Passion doesn't really do much to change that.

Passion won't work without Animations

Technically, Passion will work without Animations.  It just won't be a "sex animation player" for you, then.  Technically speaking, if it "didn't work", at best, the menu items wouldn't show up**, and at worst, the game wouldn't start.  But this is, no doubt, a language issue between "developer speak" and "user speak" as to what the word "work" means in terms of software (meaning any scripting/core mod like Passion).

* I've been considering returning to this mod (from the other) to get away from the heavy-handed control of everything that "other" mod has.  But I've been hoping Storm's life situations would improve enough to allow him to finish fixing Passion.  As it stood when he had to step away, the archive didn't include the hotfix package he posted 14 May 2019 that was a 2nd attempt at resolving a few reported issues.  (And, yes, I double-checked that fact before stating it.)

** Oh, and I took the 30 minutes to restore my backup from when I used Passion, and made sure it worked w/ and w/o animations.  I forgot just how frigging slow TS3 loaded with the last save I chose & set of packages I used back then. ? The menu shows = the mod works.  There's the libido moodlet system that it has that will still work.  Now, more to your point, resolving the various libidos added will not be possible without any animations installed.

Edit to add:

I edited all the OKW xmls to remove entire sections related to doors

The other positive to doing this, is that it will not trap other sims in rooms until after the other sim finishes "woohooing" in the door.  Unfortunately EA's definitions on how much space a sim needs to get passed things is far too unrealistic (and despite attempts at resolving that, it still happens).  IRL, if a sim (or 2) are blocking a door, they'd stop fucking long enough to let the person by, or they'd move elsewhere when a person approaches.  But, well, none of that is really (easily) possible in the EA realm of TS3.

17 hours ago, spaceman1 said:

It depends on the sink if it's one that goes into a counter then yes.

Thanks for the reply.

This is most likely but...

Sims even try to use the pedestal type sinks in the bathroom, so....

Thinking that even though 1 object is considered a surface and the other is in plumbing they both must be considered a Counter <Object>

Only because all the animations use a Counter Tag and nothing else.

When the animation is playing I use the 'Change Position' and can see the list of all available animations for that Object.

I can test each one to see if it works and make sure I like it, ie., no clipping.

Only way to fix it, at least  in my sims own household, was by removing all the sinks.

But when my sims goes to parties the first place they head to is either the Kitchen Sink or the Fridge.

Same thing happens on public lots that have those 2 objects.

Edit: just noticed something inside the Passion PKW Extended Animations XML.

Several different animations L666 but most are tied in to Car animations.

<Objects>SinkCounter,Sink</Objects>

Either converting the L666 Car Animations to use on Sinks or the other way around.

But it's the first time I've actually seen any actual objects named SinkCounter,Sink.

Also noticed in Amra72 section.

Also one for Stove which I haven't seen before either.

I noticed my sims used the stove once but it looked like a counter/sink animation.

I've also been disabling all the 'Teasing' categories inside the XML's because sims will use them for Fuck, even though they show up as ALL.

Which should have been called ANY, which means they will be used even if you have Passion set to Vaginal(Fuck).

I guess a Teasing Titjob should be considered as Fuck, rather than Vaginal, Anal, Oraljob, or Handjob, lol.

Might be fine assuming you have Passion set to random switching which I don't.

Also Teasing Kissing doesn't really fit into any proper category either.

Be OK for using in a sequence.

Note: Passion total sex time cannot be set to run for longer periods of time as there seems to be a cap of 2 sim hours or less.

Maybe because I'm not using random switching and it's the limit on a single animation, IDK.

I can change positions manually but it doesn't make any difference.  

On 5/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, jdw6 said:

I'm not sure I understand your question.  From what I recall (been a while*) Passion scans for what animation packages you actually have installed and adds those animations to the available list.

Thinking Passion Scans for the Animation Clips installed and not the smaller XML's that trigger them.

(And assumes all the animations will be used)

Since I can disable, or remove, the animations triggers inside the XML's but Passion is still trying to use them anyway.

Not so sure now because in Passion Settings I just noticed the number of animations change when I disable them inside the XML's.

Example:

Amra72 OKW XML has 1 Oraljob called SwordSwalloer for 'Desk,Table Dining, Fridge' <Objects>.

My Passion setting are set to Fuck, not All, and no random switching, but sims still try to use the Fridge and fail every time.

(Yup, no Fuck animations available so it fails).

Even if I disable or remove those lines of code inside the XML the sims will still try to use the Fridge anyway and fail.

(There are no other animations for 'Fridge' installed so it might help if I had some Vaginal animations for the Fridge so they could use them instead).

Maybe my sim is obsessed with the Kitchen because he's a lvl 10 Cook, lol. 

Problem is this sometimes causes my Fridge to get the 'in use by' bug and my sims can't cook any food.

Passion Reset won't fix it so I've had to use the NRaas Lot Reset quite regularly.

Couch and Love Seat also get bugged quite often. 

Have to use Passion 'Reset Me' on my sim pretty regular too, (I notice he is flirting and getting nowhere). 

Strange thing is... Editing the K69 doors XML actually stops my sims from even trying to use the doors anymore. 

I've had sims using the counters, sofas, and chairs when my sim starts having having sex on the same objects.

They just pile on top of each other, even had 2 different couples using the same park bench at the same time for sex.  

Thanks for detailed reply, (and I didn't realize Stormy was having RL issues and been hoping he comes back to Passion myself).

Great mod overall, but it just needs a little more tweaking.

omg HELP!!! I'm like freaking out. I just installed sims 3...never played before. I decided to give this  try after getting bored with Sims 4. All I really know is Wicked Whims so this mod is kind of intimidating me. I saw I need a lot of things from cmar, but I don't see half of them on the page at SexySims. Can someone please provide me with the links of all the penis things I need to make this mod work properly? Does it matter what female skins I get? I don't need anything fancy, I just want vanilla actions. 

4 hours ago, Stinalee201120 said:

lot of things from cmar, but I don't see half of them on the page at SexySims. Can someone please provide me with

Go through the first four posts of this thread. AND pay much attention to the PDF inside the Passion file you surely downloaded.

In the Passion zip is a merged file called Cmar_Penis.package. Install this into you mod folder and the problem with ALL Cmar features should be solved. 

10 hours ago, Stinalee201120 said:

Does it matter what female skins I get?

Many skins are 'Barbie' types without any female bits so these are what I use.

Hard to download some of them nowadays due to AdFly. 

FYI: It does include one default skin so at least you won't see any more 'Barbies'

They only work on T, YA, A, and Elders, children and below are still 'Barbies'.

Included my Original CMAR files that I still use today, don't get them mixed up with those included with Passion, use one or the other.

Or just pick out the ones you're missing.

Misc has the 'No Mosaic' mod  included to make sims blur go away and works better than NRaas Decensor that had a bad delay when using.

Make sure not to use more than one because Passion also has another one included.

Also has other mods that fix some of the stupid things that sims do, etc.

Also it's best to use NRass when running TS3 as it takes care of many bugs.

The NRass Woohoo module is also needed for Passion to use Teens and Teen/Adult stuff.

You will need to enable them in the NRaas Woohoo settings though.

I use the older version of NRass because it includes the cheat & integration module and it lets me do more things than the newer one.

(Yes I've tried the newest version and went back to the old one because it was better)

Running game version 1.63 without the 1.67 superpatch. 

Skins.zip Cmar.zip Misc Mods.zip NRass 1.63.zip

8 hours ago, Clydie said:

Go through the first four posts of this thread. AND pay much attention to the PDF inside the Passion file you surely downloaded.

In the Passion zip is a merged file called Cmar_Penis.package. Install this into you mod folder and the problem with ALL Cmar features should be solved. 

thank you!!!

On 5/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, havanamail2000 said:

Hi, is this mod compatible w cmar_XCAS_corefull69.43.package and with the latest game update patch ?

Well it's supposed to be anyway.

Only reason some prefer the older versions, like me, is: this one is a core mod and the older version isn't.

Best policy for running TS3 is to use as few core mods as possible IMO.

NRaas has a few core mods but are far more necessary and don't have any other choices.

Plus the old cmar version, link above, works fine on my game.

Game is 1.63 but Launcher says 1.69, Disc install with 1 or 2 Origin EP's added later.

Took my sim to the Future World and noticed many objects not working for Passion animations, they start and stop.

But might have found out why some of them don't work at least.

Looks like on many lots they used the moo cheat to place couches and chairs closer to the outside walls.

Still testing things to verify but my game froze last night and I lost a bunch of my progress forgetting to save.

Also note: Passion no longer works with Plumbots like AW used to.

So no point in doing the Hybrid Plumbot trick to make them look Human for use as a Sex Bot./Gardener :)

Ok so I guess I'm doing something wrong. I've downloaded Amra and Mike's animations as well as Passion. When I set two sims to do the deed they discuss it, agree, walk to the location, and the animation sets up for them to start, but then they put their clothes back on. What did I do wrong?