Elsie LaVache for MME - v3.4

6 hours ago, chajapa said:

Yeah, I'm kind of wrestling with that one. On one hand I can see where you'd want to know exactly what's going on in the quest and what you've completed. On the other hand, I like that you kinda have to figure it out. And the stages advance in different ways. Sometimes it's triggered by a scene where Ion talks to Elsie. Another time it's triggered by a conversation where the player has to talk to one of them. I'm probably going to go in and mark them completed next time I go into the mod. 

It's a long quest in terms of time. It takes like 6 in-game days for Ion to get to know Elsie and Elsie to get to know Ion.

If I change it so it marks the stages completed, I should probably also make a routine that checks what stage you're on when you start the game and goes back and marks the previous stages completed. Hmmmm.... 

I can agree with your perspective about the progression vagueness being a good thing. It would be nice though if once you had reached the end the quests would be set as complete regardless of  the state of the "objectives" within them, currently both quests just sort of stop without any indication that you've reached the end.

having a strange CTD around obtaining Elsie's milking harness. i can't use sqs to progress into the quest because i don't know which stage to advance through, and  progressing without the item causes CTD as soon as the freshen elsie starts.

i've paused getting arousal, changed the option to get milk from naked to a curiass, and paused devious followers. i'll post a log to see of there's any info i can't figure out.

Papyrus.0.log

this is me after getting the harness in my inventory, waiting a bit and after getting slapped a few times, initating the dialogues and saving before and after. going to see if the save is good or bad.

the freshening save is utter messed up. don't know why cursed loot's sex attack is potentially causing it.

Papyrus.0 post save.log

1 hour ago, Shion11 said:

having a strange CTD around obtaining Elsie's milking harness. i can't use sqs to progress into the quest because i don't know which stage to advance through, and  progressing without the item causes CTD as soon as the freshen elsie starts.

i've paused getting arousal, changed the option to get milk from naked to a curiass, and paused devious followers. i'll post a log to see of there's any info i can't figure out.

Papyrus.0.log 2.94 MB · 0 downloads

this is me after getting the harness in my inventory, waiting a bit and after getting slapped a few times, initating the dialogues and saving before and after. going to see if the save is good or bad.

the freshening save is utter messed up. don't know why cursed loot's sex attack is potentially causing it.

Papyrus.0 post save.log 3.92 MB · 0 downloads

I can't seem to replicate this. Elsie's milking cuirass is just the one from MME. Her cuirass shouldn't be an issue. Some people have had issues when Elsie's body tries to morph. Elsie's default body meshes are UUNP but it really shouldn't matter unless you don't have Racemenu installed with NiOverride. Sounds to me like one of your other mods borked Elsie.

15 minutes ago, jholcjholc said:

after freshening elsie the ELSIE dialogue option dissapears . Is that suppossed to happen now the last version didnt do that

I've never seen that happen, no. Elsie's dialogue should be there no matter what and has been there through all my testing.

I'll take a look today though and see if I can replicate the issue.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:52 AM, chajapa said:

I've never seen that happen, no. Elsie's dialogue should be there no matter what and has been there through all my testing.

I'll take a look today though and see if I can replicate the issue.

I am having the same issue with this as well.  Any update on this or has anyone figured it out yet?

7 hours ago, rex0285 said:

I am having the same issue with this as well.  Any update on this or has anyone figured it out yet?

I'm hoping to post an update today. When I'm in there I'll have a look at the dialogue conditions again. I haven't changed those early parts of her quest in ages though.

1 hour ago, chajapa said:

I'm hoping to post an update today. When I'm in there I'll have a look at the dialogue conditions again. I haven't changed those early parts of her quest in ages though.

Ok, I may have found the problem. I think I changed some conditions as I was adding in support for Ion. I've made some changes, will have to test it before putting it up to be sure I haven't broken something else down the line... stay tuned.

Version 3.1 uploaded.

January 21, 2020

Fixes the issue of Elsie's dialogue disappearing after freshening.

Issue was the conditions on her dialogue needed her to be a Milk Maid AND your cow. Immediately after freshening the quest has not yet progressed to the point where she becomes your cow, so... no dialogue. Which basically meant you couldn't move the quest to the next stage. Fixed.

Thanks! Been looking forward to this fix!

I keep restarting anyway. I think I finally understand the order for Ion integration.

1) Don't take Ion as a follower before Elsie

2) Don't take Ion as a follower after Elsie

3) Wait for Elsie to detect Ion and start a Quest to find her.

So here goes.. Wake up Elsie!

Erm - for those of us who may be abusing Elsie on SE - are these changes confined to CP_Elsie.esp? No new NIFs or Annimation files?

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Thanks! Been looking forward to this fix!

I keep restarting anyway. I think I finally understand the order for Ion integration.

1) Don't take Ion as a follower before Elsie

2) Don't take Ion as a follower after Elsie

3) Wait for Elsie to detect Ion and start a Quest to find her.

So here goes.. Wake up Elsie!

Erm - for those of us who may be abusing Elsie on SE - are these changes confined to CP_Elsie.esp? No new NIFs or Annimation files?

No new NIFs in Elsie's mod. No new animation. The changes have been added dialogue and scenes, some of which you'll get with the new Elsie update even if you don't install Ion.

Ion has a small quest that starts (the newest version of Ion) and it's mainly there for all this detection stuff to work. Scenes with Ion and dialogue with Ion and the whole Finding the Truth and Sisters quests are all within the Elsie mod. If you didn't want Elsie, but you wanted Ion, you could still take her as a normal follower without all of the interaction and quests.

Elsie and Eon are both straight-forward conversions to SE - and work perfectly!

I just picked up your scripts and .esp from the patch.

Couple of observations:

1) I am still having trouble distinguishing between public cows, private cows, and personal cows.

My reading of it is that Elsie and I can each have one personal cow, and they will follow.

Private cows that are not personal do not follow, but keep their normal routine. They can share milk but not sex.

Public cows are the same as private cows but they share sex and milk.

Ion and Elsie may be my cows - but they are not public, private, or personal cows.

2) It would help if a personal cow identified their owner.

3) It would help if you could give commands to a personal cow, like use that milking machine.

4) It would help if Ion could be assigned a personal cow.

5) This may be something related to my conversion, but dialogs frequently have the wrong name in the text. I could be talking to Ion and it calls her Elsie, for example.

Seems to be more timing related than bad alias; the next time I use that dialogue the name is probably correct.

6) An optional map marker on Ion, Elsie, and personal cows would help if they get lost.

7) More content! Love what you have - but we always need more!

8) There may be too many ways to make a cow - or give us a roadmap. You have direct conversation,, indirect conversation (thought I know you), and options for group members.

If I want the longest, slowest conversion process with a graduation at the end - I am still not sure how to accomplish that.

9) MME slots are limited. Some cow candidates wound up milk maids when I had no intention of making them one. Like Danica.

Again - thanks for your work on this mod! And Ion! What a doll...

13 hours ago, fred200 said:

Elsie and Eon are both straight-forward conversions to SE - and work perfectly!

I just picked up your scripts and .esp from the patch.

Couple of observations:

1) I am still having trouble distinguishing between public cows, private cows, and personal cows.

My reading of it is that Elsie and I can each have one personal cow, and they will follow.

Private cows that are not personal do not follow, but keep their normal routine. They can share milk but not sex.

Public cows are the same as private cows but they share sex and milk.

Ion and Elsie may be my cows - but they are not public, private, or personal cows.

2) It would help if a personal cow identified their owner.

3) It would help if you could give commands to a personal cow, like use that milking machine.

4) It would help if Ion could be assigned a personal cow.

5) This may be something related to my conversion, but dialogs frequently have the wrong name in the text. I could be talking to Ion and it calls her Elsie, for example.

Seems to be more timing related than bad alias; the next time I use that dialogue the name is probably correct.

6) An optional map marker on Ion, Elsie, and personal cows would help if they get lost.

7) More content! Love what you have - but we always need more!

? There may be too many ways to make a cow - or give us a roadmap. You have direct conversation,, indirect conversation (thought I know you), and options for group members.

If I want the longest, slowest conversion process with a graduation at the end - I am still not sure how to accomplish that.

9) MME slots are limited. Some cow candidates wound up milk maids when I had no intention of making them one. Like Danica.

Again - thanks for your work on this mod! And Ion! What a doll...

#1 All correct!

... and Elsie (and Ion) are your cows in a more loving context (if a bit kinky). They're Milk Maids, after all and therefore special! :D

#2 They're currently only identified (to you) by their alias. They follow their owner (either you or Elsie). Not sure what you're looking for in addition to that.

#3 Those types of commands (use this, sit there, etc) already exist as favor dialogue in the vanilla follower system and are usually modified or enhanced by whatever follower framework you use. So I really didn't find it necessary to add them again.

#4 The Ion integration is new. I've looked at being able to assign her a personal cow. Just haven't got there yet.

#5 I've noticed that dialogues occasionally use the wrong name. I had originally tried just duplicating some of Elsie's opening dialogues and conditioning them to be for Ion instead. They would often be called by the wrong name the first time you switched from one to the other and use the correct name if you activated them again. I attributed it to me being impatient and clicking through dialogue too fast (not giving the script time to clear an alias and put the person I'm talking to into it). Nothing I did really seemed to fix it so I ended up creating a completely separate opening dialogue for Ion, and then connecting it to the same continuing dialogues used for Elsie and/or other milkmaids as appropriate. I haven't seen the wrong name used in a long time now and this latest version of Elsie has that dialogue change in it so maybe those misnaming instances will change for you.

#6 How are they getting lost? And how would a map marker help? I have those map markers on a couple of followers and they're always the first thing I shut off. :D

#7 Seems I'm always working on new stuff. There is lots of room in Elsie's main quest to continue her story, but... only have so much time. Can't do it all in an instant. She's fun to work on though (in oh so many ways) so I expect there will be more.

#8 yes there are many ways to make a cow. This is, afterall, all about the milk! You can turn off a LOT of the indirect cow-making by telling Elsie there are enough cows, or that there should be more of them. You can have Elsie put the word out that cows should stop making cows, or start making them. You can look someone over and then ask Elsie what she thinks about that person as a cow. So yeah... lots of ways... on purpose. Figure them out and use the ones you like, or the one appropriate to the situation, or just enjoy Elsie's gifts and make very few cows. Up to you.

#9 Danica becomes a cow with Milk Maid traits as part of the Danica quest. It's Elsie's way of thanking her for helping Elsie figure out her.... affliction... and to enable Danica to serve the people beyond their spiritual needs. Remember this mod was made for MME, so there is still a lot controlled by MME and not Elsie. If you have MME's milk pumps set as useable by NPCs when they sandbox, Elsie has no control over that. YOU still control who becomes a Milk Maid and who doesn't after Elsie (and Ion if she's installed). They'll create cows, if that's enabled, but they won't create milk maids unless you use the dialogue to make that happen for a specific NPC and that NPC needs to be a current follower (except Danica, which as already stated becomes a milk maid as part of that quest line)

Ion was actually the result of a request to turn my female PC into a follower. I'm glad you like her!  

I too would love to get a proper SSE conversion for the latest version of both Elsie and Ion.

I have tried, with my limited conversion experience to port this mod, but have the same issue with after freshening, Elsie's dialogue disappears.

I have used the original mod in  LE with no issues on my laptop, so I know that it is not an issue with the mod itself, only my poor conversion.

Elsie is a staple in both my games. I am female in LE and did not find it so immersion breaking, as others have stated.

In SSE, I am playing as male on my desktop, only recently, and have been able to get the May release "converted by me for personal use" to work and the posted Ion-SSE version to work.

I would really like to see this recent version ported to SSE.

This mod ROCKS and thank you for creating the original version and I do realize that you do not support SSE and I am not requesting that you do so.

If someone can make the latest version work as intended, I hope it will be posted in downloads, with permission, of course.

15 hours ago, Ding1961 said:

I too would love to get a proper SSE conversion for the latest version of both Elsie and Ion.

I have tried, with my limited conversion experience to port this mod, but have the same issue with after freshening, Elsie's dialogue disappears.

I have used the original mod in  LE with no issues on my laptop, so I know that it is not an issue with the mod itself, only my poor conversion.

Elsie is a staple in both my games. I am female in LE and did not find it so immersion breaking, as others have stated.

In SSE, I am playing as male on my desktop, only recently, and have been able to get the May release "converted by me for personal use" to work and the posted Ion-SSE version to work.

I would really like to see this recent version ported to SSE.

This mod ROCKS and thank you for creating the original version and I do realize that you do not support SSE and I am not requesting that you do so.

If someone can make the latest version work as intended, I hope it will be posted in downloads, with permission, of course.

Someone actually did an SSE conversion of Elsie, but it was before the Ion integration.

The first upload with Ion integration is, I believe, where I broke Elsie's dialogue after freshening. The latest version has that fixed as far as my testing shows.

4 hours ago, chajapa said:

Someone actually did an SSE conversion of Elsie, but it was before the Ion integration.

The first upload with Ion integration is, I believe, where I broke Elsie's dialogue after freshening. The latest version has that fixed as far as my testing shows.

I personally know you fixed Elsie in the latest LE version, and I thank you for this. It works well for me with no issues that I am aware of.

Both Elsie and Ion worked well, even on a save where I had already met Elsie and she was a follower. It just makes some of the dialogue flow seem strange. No big deal for me.

It is merely my inadequacy at porting to SSE that is a problem. I have both the May version Elsie and ported SSE version of Ion installed and they work.

I have not seen where the Elsie port has been posted anywhere. 

My problem is that when I try to port the new version of Elsie, I immediately lose the Elsie dialogue after freshening. 

Do not get me wrong. I know for a fact that the issue is not from your creating. It is merely my inadequacy, as I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

I am only recently using Skyrim SE. I have been playing Skyrim LE for quite some time and have used and enjoying Elsie since the original version.  This is on a heavy modded game.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful mod that I have gotten many hours of enjoyment from. 

12 hours ago, fred200 said:

Let me confirm Chajapa's latest version patch works perfectly on SE after conversion.

I can pass my converted files over to Chajapa if he wants. The ESP and scripts need no conversion.

SSE port is welcome. I'll put it up with the files. I just can't do support for it because I don't have SSE.

I passed my SE conversion over to Chajapa. I dated the file 7 January - but it is actually the 3.1 21 Jan version.

I did ask him to have one of you SE guinea pigs to have a look at it before he opens it up to the world.

In my version, the scripts and ESP are unchanged. I only modified Meshes (including animations) and Textures.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

I passed my SE conversion over to Chajapa. I dated the file 7 January - but it is actually the 3.1 21 Jan version.

I did ask him to have one of you SE guinea pigs to have a look at it before he opens it up to the world.

In my version, the scripts and ESP are unchanged. I only modified Meshes (including animations) and Textures.

I am more than willing to be the first guinea pig.

I did go back and try to convert again, using your recommendation above. Converting the esp using CK appears to be my issue.

I tried it with my previous conversion and copied the original .esp and script folder, then it started to work,; no loss of Elsie dialogue.

I have been testing since and it appears to work.

I am not very far through the game at this point, so starting over is no big deal for me. If we can get Elsie and Ion working together, as intended with the latest version in SSE, this would be great.

Starting a new game will be nothing if I can get the new version of Elsie working, as I love this mod.

My only suggestion would be to post the download in the SSE download forum and clarify the version date, so others would know it was for SSE and find it as such.

I cannot possibly be the only person interested in this, given how good the mod actually is.

Thank you for your effort.

30 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I have to say - I would not use Ion as a generic follower - even if she is gorgeous.

What makes her to me is her interactions with Elsie. Personality is more important to me than looks. Mostly.

I agree completely. This is why I was trying to get them both to work together in SSE.

They are great in LE.

3 hours ago, fred200 said:

I have to say - I would not use Ion as a generic follower - even if she is gorgeous.

What makes her to me is her interactions with Elsie. Personality is more important to me than looks. Mostly.

Ion was actually my PC and someone saw her in one of my posts and requested her as a follower. Once I had her completed as a follower I started thinking about her and Elsie and..... here we are! :D