Elsie LaVache for MME - v3.4

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, aurreth said:

Elsie wears boots, not open toe lacey pumps!  And really cute boots.  Problem is the only way I know to get them is to install her mod, and I don't want to do that just yet on this playthrough.

Hold off a day or 2. I'm about to upload an update. Nothing huge. People complained Elsie and Ion can be too intrusive so I've added a "Master Switch" of sorts to limit interaction (interruptions) with the player. I've also added a means for Elsie and/or Ion to share their milk with others.

8 hours ago, fred200 said:

Can you give us any update on A Milky Life?

I am checking back a couple of times a day - and I think it may be longer than that...

I've just done 3 days of testing. I let the mod run in various scenarios sometimes overnight to see if it borks. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting up both the update to Elsie and A Milky Life today. I have to write up some kind of documentation for A Milky Life.

Oh! And in the version of Elsie that's on here currently... is there a quest in Riften involving Maven, Ingun, Anuriel and Svana? If not then the Elsie update will be brining that in as well and I should probably write something about it....

2 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

So, just curious, is Milky Life essentially based on some of the features of this mod, without the requirement for a male player character? I play a female player character, so I'm saddened that I can't use this mod. It looks great. :(

I wrote The Milk Maid for female player characters. Try that one. :D

6 hours ago, chajapa said:

Version for SE has been uploaded. Thank you to fres200 for porting to SE!

Keep in mind the SE version has the same 15 SSEedit flagged errors as the LE version.

If someone does clean up the LE ESP, it will be directly useable in SE. And that might fix some of the alias problems...

I did convert form 43 to form 44 for the conversion - but that really is not necessary.

I ran through all the major Quests in SE. All scenes work. Maven Melons is - highly recommended.

Chajapa's strongest suit among many are the dialogs. I love reading them.

Was this and A Milky Life actually updated again a few hours ago? I just downloaded all the milk mods last night for a new play-through, and was wondering if I needed to redownload these two.

Love your work, by the way. Thanks. Although, if memory serves, last time I had them installed, it was annoying because pets(I think) kept forcing my PC to knock them up, but my pc was a female, so I couldn`t, over and over. Something like that. It`s been a while since I ran MME. But it got really annoying. I don`t remember Elsie bugging me too much, though. Just the pets. Gerdur never gave me any peace to the point I avoided Riverwood like the plague. Didn`t make any more pets, after her.

I saw that MME and PAHE work together, now. I haven`t tried them both, yet. But I read in previous posts here that someone was getting the "no name bug". I haven`t seen that in PAHE in a long time. But when I did, it was easily fixed by just renaming them in the MCM. It would only show up, for me, when a slave was set to fight like a follower would. And when it did show up, you couldn`t initiate dialogue. But since you can`t rename Milk Maids, I don`t know how you`d fix it. So my question is, is that still happening for people who are using them both?<-------This is for anyone using them both.

1 hour ago, rcy68 said:

Was this and A Milky Life actually updated again a few hours ago? I just downloaded all the milk mods last night for a new play-through, and was wondering if I needed to redownload these two.

Love your work, by the way. Thanks. Although, if memory serves, last time I had them installed, it was annoying because pets(I think) kept forcing my PC to knock them up, but my pc was a female, so I couldn`t, over and over. Something like that. It`s been a while since I ran MME. But it got really annoying. I don`t remember Elsie bugging me too much, though. Just the pets. Gerdur never gave me any peace to the point I avoided Riverwood like the plague. Didn`t make any more pets, after her.

I saw that MME and PAHE work together, now. I haven`t tried them both, yet. But I read in previous posts here that someone was getting the "no name bug". I haven`t seen that in PAHE in a long time. But when I did, it was easily fixed by just renaming them in the MCM. It would only show up, for me, when a slave was set to fight like a follower would. And when it did show up, you couldn`t initiate dialogue. But since you can`t rename Milk Maids, I don`t know how you`d fix it. So my question is, is that still happening for people who are using them both?<-------This is for anyone using them both.

Version 3.4 of Elsie addresses the issue with constant interruptions. You'll have a dialogue option where you tell one of them you'd like fewer interruptions. That will stop them from automatically coming to you. It stops Elsie, Ion, and any pets from bothering the player. Pets will still solicit other NPCs and vice versa. Cows will still do their thing with NPCs. The 2 interactions that it will NOT stop is the ones from Maven (once a day) and Ingun (morning and before bed), but BOTH of those have individual dialogues to stop those encounters. Speak with Maven to stop hers and Ingun to stop hers. 

6 hours ago, chajapa said:

Oh, and... a Milky Life probably shouldn't be run WITH Elsie LaVache. I have no idea what they'll do to each other and did not test that scenario. They're designed to be "one or the other"... not "run both at the same time"

Ah. PC replaces Elsie, I assume. I guess that`s why reading the mod page carefully is important. RIF

Elsie is one of my favorite followers. The non-MME version just isn`t the same. Even with SGO3, she`s just not Milky enough.

Good to hear those baby crazy cows can be toned down. Thanks. And thanks for the reply, as well. "Milk for the Milk God!"

Don't be too quick to view Milky Life as a PC version of Elsie.

It is a large mod in it's own right, and does not share dialog or scenes with Elsie.

Chajapa says Milky Life was coded for a female PC. I am playing as a male - and everything is perfect. Someone has to keep the cows bread.

I give each of Chajapa's mods a profile of their own, with no overlap. They deserve it.

Play them both.

7 hours ago, fred200 said:

Don't be too quick to view Milky Life as a PC version of Elsie.

It is a large mod in it's own right, and does not share dialog or scenes with Elsie.

Chajapa says Milky Life was coded for a female PC. I am playing as a male - and everything is perfect. Someone has to keep the cows bread.

I give each of Chajapa's mods a profile of their own, with no overlap. They deserve it.

Play them both.

No... A Milky Life is not coded for PC. The Milk Maid was written for female PC. A Milky Life and Elsie are both written for male PC. 

I started learning how to make a mod when I wrote JUGs. Then discovered how much I liked boobs... and milk... and... things progressed from there.

I wrote Elsie LaVache and it kinda... grew... then I wanted her to have a sister so I took another follower I was working on, a sort of elvish version of Elsie, and created Ion. Then tied the 2 together.

People wanted a similar mod written more for the female PC... so I cobbled together The Milk Maid. I still want to work on that one.

Then there were those that weren't happy with all of the interruptions I had built into Elsie's mod so I started working on A Milky Life. It has NO interruptions.

Then I added the "master switch" to Elsie's mod to turn off interruptions for folks who simply didn't want to install yet another mod. 

And on and on it goes.... :D

9 hours ago, chajapa said:

And on and on it goes.... :D

There arent many milky mods, so its great that you still work on and give us these gems.  As for the forced interactions personaly i had no issue with them.  I tend to play Skyrim with the mind set of *you cant say no to dialog, you cant escape what happens* .

My only issue i had with the interuptions is when they break sometimes, but i think that could be mainly because my game is broken but works just enough i can ignore it XD

I.E Get random stop outside Riften,  go off and do something else only for it to chance cell's back to where the interupt happend 

As for my test, All 3 did seem to work ok, and elsie registered with all 3 was interesting to say the least. all the extra morphs had an interesting effect