More Nasty Critters Legendary Edition

14 hours ago, netruss1964 said:

You might not be managing your manager correctly. In your defense though, I have had nonsensical things happen to/in my load order after using many different applications, for various reasons. LOOT will occasionally choke on my list and spit out garbage. Regardless, NMM is out of service and no longer supported ( Vortex is what they want now.). I have used and enjoyed MO for many years, you made a solid switch but you will need to "manage the Manager". Keep an eye on what your applications are doing and what you have done. A zip of a clean install is recommended by me regardless of your last fail. Just my unsolicited opinion, if you have to/had to uninstall your mods and reinstall if you change load order then something is very wrong with something.

Might have miss quoted - I wasn't the one having problems.

20 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Absolute nonsense. NMM overwrites what you tell it to. Worst case scenario if you make a mistake and MOD A is overwriting MOD B is to uninstall MOD B and reinstall it letting it do the overwriting. Only someone who doesn't know what they are doing would uninstall all their mods for no good reason.

And if you change the load order, NMM can get confused. Since it is directly modifying the game install.

People jumping at my throat for something even mildly negative about NMM seem to be more common than those when I say MO2 does something wrong.
This also isn't an NMM evangelical thread either.

22 hours ago, Rockat said:

I found that when using it the best practise when changing file load order, was to uninstall all mods, and re-install them in the correct order.

1 hour ago, Rockat said:

Might have miss quoted - I wasn't the one having problems.

15 hours ago, netruss1964 said:

Just my unsolicited opinion, if you have to/had to uninstall your mods and reinstall if you change load order then something is very wrong with something.

I add nothing further to this exchange. Please open your hymnals to page 245 while the collection plates are passed.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:47 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Wrong.

I'm saying you are wrong not that NMM is wonderful.

Not from my experience due to how it functions. I've had to re-install Skyrim numerous times when I was using NMM as I had to change the overwrite order to get mods working correctly, and NMM got confused. Things got even worse when it came to uninstalling. Admitedly I haven't had Realvision ENB+recommended mods working anywhere near as well on any of my more recent desktops (Core 2 Q9650+4GB RAM+GTX 650ti & NMM > i5 4440+8GB RAM+GTX 970 & MO1?‍♂️)

43 minutes ago, LoveoftheLab said:

This mod makes my game crash on the loading screen after i open the game. i tried unchecking all other data files in case of a mod conflict but still got the same result. Any ideas?

missing master? load order error?

5 hours ago, Rockat said:

Not from my experience due to how it functions. I've had to re-install Skyrim numerous times when I was using NMM as I had to change the overwrite order to get mods working correctly, and NMM got confused.

You got confused.

If you want to continue with your nonsense then we can do it here

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155372-switching-from-vortex-to-mo2-a-short-rant/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-3180191

On 10/26/2020 at 8:32 PM, Rockat said:

And if you change the load order, NMM can get confused. Since it is directly modifying the game install.

I'm with Grey Cloud there. Could it be that your NMM got confused by you? ?

Every mod manager needs some special care for its unique quirks ?‍♀️

6 hours ago, OOH SHINY! said:

I'm with Grey Cloud there. Could it be that your NMM got confused by you? ?

Every mod manager needs some special care for its unique quirks ?‍♀️

I remove a mod>files get left behind>might as well have done things manually. I've seen plenty of posts over the years with people having that same issue, leading to asking for help as a mod eventually has problems.

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

You got confused.

If you want to continue with your nonsense then we can do it here

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155372-switching-from-vortex-to-mo2-a-short-rant/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-3180191

More people use MO, that's to be expected - and problems are usually from not understanding how to use it.

11 minutes ago, btasqan said:

Hey guys. Sorry, this is unrelated, but google is not helping. I have a bug where guards attack my player after I absorb a dragon soul after killing a dragon. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thx

Check your bounties.

Weapon drawn, they see you, might trigger it.

4 minutes ago, btasqan said:

Bounty in Falkreath is only 190.

The script from a guard might still be active and was interupted by another event.

If you have the weapon drawn this is enough to trigger agro if this interupted script is still active.

One of your followers or you might have hit a guard which adds to this bounty.

For my opinion, clearing bounty would be the first step for troubleshooting.

Then draw weapon in front of a guard. Hold back in fighting the dragon, nonarea damage etc.

21 minutes ago, T-lam said:

The script from a guard might still be active and was interupted by another event.

If you have the weapon drawn this is enough to trigger agro if this interupted script is still active.

One of your followers or you might have hit a guard which adds to this bounty.

For my opinion, clearing bounty would be the first step for troubleshooting.

Then draw weapon in front of a guard. Hold back in fighting the dragon, nonarea damage etc.

ok, I ll try. Thanks

So I tested around. I used kill console command to kill the dragon. Made sure I had no followers. And I noticed that NPCs and guards only get hostile if they are between the the absorption effect and me when I absorb the dragon soul. If there is no one between me and the dragon when I am absorbing the soul, they remain friendly.

Now the question is, if anyone could think of a mod that is causing this to happen? On google I only get posts about guys who cant absorb souls or about guards attacking player randomly, but I cant even find one post about guards attacking after one absorbs a dragon soul.

38 minutes ago, T-lam said:

This is indeed a strange one.

What comes into mind, is a mod adding damage to it, like non vanilla spells overwriting the absorption.

Xedit might help to find this.

Ok, I found the mod. It is Sexlab Eager NPCs. This mod allows arousual to increase after a dragon is killed ("dragon kill event"). Unfortunately in my case it makes NPCs turn hostile against me if the are standing between me and the dragon while I am absorbing the soul.

Now I have to figure out how to disable that dragon feature. Turning the values down to 0 arousual doesnt fix the aggroness.

29 minutes ago, T-lam said:

my settings, mybe it helps...

Hide contents

SLEN.thumb.jpg.973f69b65a96c6c1267758339abe6400.jpg

Thanks, I might try activating the "ask for confirmation first" option in the future and see what happens. For now I patched my version of SLEN by disabling the dragon feature. I not sure though if the gaining arousual part is still active or not. What matters is that it works now.

The funny thing is that this issue has always randomly occured in my previous playthroughs. Some playthroughs would go smoothly, some not. But it never bothered me because I thought it was because I or one of my followers unintentionally hit the guards. So for immersion reasons I always went to jail or paid the bounty. But this time I noticed that my followers hadent attaked anyone because they fled (cowards), but I still got hostile guards on my neck after I killed the dragon (And I had not hit a single guards because I went close combat only).

Suggested Load Order:
(Skyrim and it's DLCs here)
SexLab.esm
SexlabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
(Sexlab Addon\Plugin mod's .esm here)
(All other .esm mods here)
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp (needed for SexLabTools)
FNIS.esp
(All other .esp mods here)
SexLabTools.esp (optional)
MoreNastyCritters.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp (optional)
SexLabMatchMaker.esp (optional)
SLAnimLoader.esp
(Sexlab Addon\Plugin mod's .esp here)