[CE][WIP] Conan Sexiles

Guest oxyg1n

Love the look. I just did a clean install of Conan yesterday.

Of course started it up etc etc.

Then went looking for mods.

I got this one, most current. But the game ctd with the Funcom report page every time I try to start Conan.

I tried to add mod post character creation with zero others. ctd.

I tried to add prior to character and ctd

The mods folder is there. There is no mod list to remove.

Did I miss something? I am not seeing a lot of reports, so I must admit I am leaning toward an error on my end. 

ED: This is / was the only mod in list at the time.

The most likely scenario is that you didn't install the latest version, 1.17.0. Did you grab one of the versions in the first post, on this thread? If so, those are extremely old, and cause CTD.

You have to go to the mod's download page, here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4126-cewip-conan-sexiles/

Its 1.17.0 version.

My next thought is to do a fresh download, and then a clean install, maybe an issue?

Since its just me on a SP version, no rush. I ll check back on a yes or no to that from my end.

:)

Did you ever find out what the issue was because it appears to be happening to me as well, after fresh download install and it just keeps crashing on the splash screens.

Edit. After having it pointed out by Melvina, I completely spaced deleting the modlist.txt file and it now works flawlessly.

Its 1.17.0 version.

My next thought is to do a fresh download, and then a clean install, maybe an issue?

Since its just me on a SP version, no rush. I ll check back on a yes or no to that from my end.

:)

Did you ever find out what the issue was because it appears to be happening to me as well, after fresh download install and it just keeps crashing on the splash screens.

Edit. After having it pointed out by Melvina, I completely spaced deleting the modlist.txt file and it now works flawlessly.

Nope. 

I had done the file etc.

But I dont even have conan in now at all, so I never got back to it.

I am to wrapped up in testing some other game mods.

Hopefully I ll figure it when I pop back into  Conan, eventually.

On my server, most people use it with each other, but there is definitely a lot of thrall use also. So, it would be hard to say which one is used more. It is nice to be able to play with thralls for some amusement, but it gets old quickly. Playing with people is a lot more interesting, but playing with thralls is simpler because it doesn't need to involve two people.

Alright folks, I need your help. 

My dev time is limited and I don't want to spend too much time in making something people won't use.

The question is simple: 

Are you using Sexiles to interact with other people or Thralls, mostly? 

If you are a server admin/owner and have something to share, please feel free to share here.

Its easier for thrall usage since you don't need to get into an awkward situation of bothering another real person for virtual bumping uglies. I prefer thrall and avoid online due to it being unstable no matter what and all the mod requirements and load order requirements that need you to restart the game each time and the more mods you use the longer it takes for the game to load and you have to sit through the intro video all the time.

tl;dr

Thralls

Alright folks, I need your help. 

My dev time is limited and I don't want to spend too much time in making something people won't use.

The question is simple: 

Are you using Sexiles to interact with other people or Thralls, mostly? 

If you are a server admin/owner and have something to share, please feel free to share here.

Definitely thralls for me. Since I really do not play online.