is there a way to fix just business without completely reinstalling it and all it's patches?

i've been having a problem with my stupid game no longer saving after a certain point. so i turned off steam cloud saves and i started to run f4se in admin mode, and i only just noticed that i can no longer enter hunter mode, i can't check the info of my deer and fox slaves, and i can't rename them either.

pretty much nothing from just business works anymore.

On 10/10/2021 at 3:49 PM, IceBlazeWinters said:

but here's my furry fallout 4 just business patch i made.

What's that, just over 24 hours from confirmation that a patch does not exist, to having our beloved furballs clapped back in irons?

You have both my gratitude, and admiration.

Now if only the mod itself worked reliably!

Considering it does 95% of the time though, and looking at the other slavery mods on offer, I think I'll take my options.

I tend to use this mod quite a bit but I've never used the "lady of the evening" bit. On a whim, I had a spare raider so I assigned her to -that- and was thinking it was just something that would add happiness or something. Haven't been back to the Charleston apartment for weeks until just now.

Turns out... perhaps selling slaves isn't the best business.

Spoiler

image.png

???

I can buy everything from every single vendor (OK there aren't many admittedly) in Boston, Nukaworld, AND uh.. the Point Lookout clone and STILL have a ton left over. ?

Edited by Nessa

Just uh, so I don't make the same mistake...

The lady of the evening bit? I'm not sure what that refers to.

Could you tell me just exactly what not to do so the same fate doesn't befall me?

I'm certain future generations will laud you for your sacrifice. ^:)

3 hours ago, Nessa said:

I tend to use this mod quite a bit but I've never used the "lady of the evening" bit. On a whim, I had a spare raider so I assigned her to -that- and was thinking it was just something that would add happiness or something. Haven't been back to the Charleston apartment for weeks until just now.

Turns out... perhaps selling slaves isn't the best business.

10 hours ago, HmnTVI4 said:

Just uh, so I don't make the same mistake...

The lady of the evening bit? I'm not sure what that refers to.

Could you tell me just exactly what not to do so the same fate doesn't befall me?

I'm certain future generations will laud you for your sacrifice. ^:)

Haha. "Lady of the evening" is the "polite" term for..... PROSTITUTION BABY! ?

In this case, the slave in question was just some random raider that looked cute enough to be a slave. (I sell the ugly ones, cute guys/girls get to be settlers or followers.) For the first time ever I used the prostitution dialog, then promptly left and forgot all about it. I think it was about 2 weeks game time before I returned to the apartment and she had amassed... THAT.

I'll say one thing, my respect for raiders just went ...  well I can't say up. ? Anyway, anybody that can make THAT kind of caps in THAT profession? I may never kill a raider again. ?

i think there's a problem with the pony patch for just business.

i have it installed, but just business is telling me: error: race is incompatible

and it's loaded directly beneath just business (thanks to vortex's shenanigans) and it's loaded WAY after can.

can is #18 and just business pony patch is #85 and just business is #84.

fallout equestria 4 wouldn't be the problem, would it? because i can't add it as a master file to the pony patch, it doesn't show up in the master list

Edited by IceBlazeWinters
added question

ok, so i managed to get the pony patch to work. BUT here's the problem:

1. you MUST have can on nexus (obviously)

2. you MUST have the zebras and proditors mod

3. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you have fallout equestria 4 (i use the alicorn season pass edition to make supermutants alicorns)

4. you MUST have furry fallout 4

i could NOT get the patch to work without adding can, zebra pony race, and zebra npcs to the furry fallout patch i made as master files and then adding the pony race, proditor race, and zebra race with the pony race fix to the furry fallout 4 patch, which subsequently forced the races to function properly on the pony race patch.

also, you can NOT change out collars on pony slaves. don't ask why, cause i don't know. i've tried 2x to change collars on a raider pony slave and both times, the screen darkened, gained a gray tint, zoomed out to 3rd person (which is how i play) and just stayed there like that.

Just Business 0.7.5 Pony Race patch.esp Just Business- Furry Fallout 4 Patch + Pony Race.esp

Hi folks! 
I have a small issue that I've found that some people also had but I haven't found a solution for it. My problem is whenever I want to enter MCM i see "XDI.esm not found" and "Just Business.esp not found". I don't know what to do. I have the latest version of F4, F4SE, XDI, MCM and Just Business, tried reinstaling them, checking my ini files (they are fine) and making a new save (twice) :/

6 hours ago, Just your friend said:

Hi folks! 
I have a small issue that I've found that some people also had but I haven't found a solution for it. My problem is whenever I want to enter MCM i see "XDI.esm not found" and "Just Business.esp not found". I don't know what to do. I have the latest version of F4, F4SE, XDI, MCM and Just Business, tried reinstaling them, checking my ini files (they are fine) and making a new save (twice) :/

Are you using a mod manager or straight drop into /data? Maybe your vanilla plugins.txt file located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Fallout4 will tell you what the game sees/doesn't see. If you are using MO2, the plugins.txt file in Open Profile folder will be where that's located instead.

If you aren't using a mod manager, MO2 is pretty nice and doesn't mess up your vanilla install folder.

11 hours ago, Just your friend said:

Hi folks! 

I used to know exactly what caused that but I can't recall what it was. Basically you are missing requirements for one of the other mods required by JB, I just can't remember which one it was that caused this. That's where I'd recommend starting to look.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, ETSubmariner said:

Are you using a mod manager or straight drop into /data? Maybe your vanilla plugins.txt file located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Fallout4 will tell you what the game sees/doesn't see. If you are using MO2, the plugins.txt file in Open Profile folder will be where that's located instead.

If you aren't using a mod manager, MO2 is pretty nice and doesn't mess up your vanilla install folder.

19 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

I used to know exactly what caused that but I can't recall what it was. Basically you are missing requirements for one of the other mods required by JB, I just can't remember which one it was that caused this. That's where I'd recommend starting to look.

Thank you for your answers! I've found a solution for it. I'm using MO2 and I've double checked all requirements, mods versions etc. The issue was...I don't know to be honest. BUT! To fix that I've just MOVED (not copied!) XDI.esm and Just Business.esp from their folders in MO2/Mods folder and pasted them in MO2 "override" folder. This helped me and now I can edit settings of both mods in MCM. Hope that someday someone may find it useful.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, IceBlazeWinters said:

how are you people getting xdi to work?

it's never worked for me

Do you mean the dialogue choices are always vanilla despite XDI? The extra dialogue key never showed?

So far haven't had that with XDI, though I have had mods where I would have loved to used them forever but they never worked - until suddenly they did. 

* turns out I did have a problem with XDI if I was using my ultrawide to play. I use Truby's Ultrawide fix, which changes the dialoguemenu.swf, and THAT definitely causes XDI to never show the box in dialogue. I just added old_ to the filename in Truby's, and voila! Fixed.

Edited by ETSubmariner
On 10/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, Just your friend said:

Thank you for your answers! I've found a solution for it. I'm using MO2 and I've double checked all requirements, mods versions etc. The issue was...I don't know to be honest. BUT! To fix that I've just MOVED (not copied!) XDI.esm and Just Business.esp from their folders in MO2/Mods folder and pasted them in MO2 "override" folder. This helped me and now I can edit settings of both mods in MCM. Hope that someday someone may find it useful.

Then it's a mod conflict. Overwrite loads last so it will overwrite anything else. If you look in the columns on the left you'll see little + or - or maybe both on some of your mods. This lets you know what mod is overwriting what other mod. You want those to be green plus signs on those mods. Just pull them down in the list on the left side until they are the overwriters instead of whatever else was doing it.

On the right side of MO2 you can see some tabs. One of those is data. You can look through there to see what mods are winning during conflicts also. It shows you what your Data folder would look like in a normal FO4 installation and lists the winners of conflicts in red (I think. You might need to mess with it yourself to be sure.)

I see a lot of cautions for using the overwrite that way, but I do it with some stuff too and never had an issue. Glad it worked out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

XDI installed and clearly working correctly as I use it for a ton of other mods that work just fine in a playthrough of 6 full days worth of it working. I can talk to the guy to sell a slave, but I can't talk to the slave to have the extra options so I can't sell him or send him home. I tried the sneak thing someone suggested too. 

Any suggestions on how to get this work?

update: turns out if I play on my ultrawide the dialoguemenu.swf is modified by another mod I use to fix ultrawide issues (Truby). Changing the name of that file so Truby doesn't use it fixed this. I just sold a slave without any problems. Not sure what other problems being in ultrawide without the fix will cause, of course, but I had all the menu choices I expected to see.

Edited by ETSubmariner

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the "change slave appearance" function. Every time I try to use it, whenever I finish, the slave's texture goes back to how it was. What's crazier is that, when I fast travel after using the function, the edited slave takes on the appearance of the slave I captured before them. Is there an identified cause for this, or is there a specific mod I need for it to function properly. I've also tried to do it with console commands, slm and all that, but whenever I'm finished editing them using that, they just go completely invisible, though sometimes it'll show the hair texture stretching all the way down to Australia, though this resolves itself rather quickly. Aside from that, great mod, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem, choosing the Reset option  makes the slave visible but then that look seems to be the default look of that particular npc type(and older slaves eventually revert to that look as well...including new slave collars. Tattoos often disappear. Kind of strange to be attacked by Raiders with Beehive hairdoos. lol .  I was thinking it might be a mod conflict with Hotmamas or better settlers, but i havent figured it out yet. Great mod. I prefer to use it to populate settlements wit Raiders Reform. Kind of goes well with 50 ways to die at Dr Nicks, since he also uses Raiders as experiments.

Edited by fattbeagle