10 hours ago, gk9 said:

Has anyone done this? I didn't see an option to stop Hamlof after he finishes until when he starts telling you about the serpents maw, and then you can interrupt him to get to the point. That makes Kleppr dialogue branch inaccessible though.

That scene is currently inaccessible; I ran into the same problem as you.

For those of you who have access, the extended version contains ~900 new strings.  Should take me about two weeks to go through and do a full translation/editing pass/find all the hidden stuff.  Sadly I will be sans computer for most of the next week (starting tomorrow morning) so don't expect to hear from me until next weekend or so.

5 hours ago, GSpaz said:

Anyone know the trigger for ending the scene with Hamlof the Beggar? I've had this problem for a while and even after clean installs he just keeps going and never finishes.

I had a problem in that scene where an NPC that was added by a different mod was standing close to the area but didnt react to the scene so the scene wouldnt progress (i assume thats because the scene calls the closest NPCS to the PC to come and make a comment but the mod NPC refused to move), disabling that NPC beforehand made the scene work as intended for me. 

12 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

For those of you who have access, the extended version contains ~900 new strings.  Should take me about two weeks to go through and do a full translation/editing pass/find all the hidden stuff.  Sadly I will be sans computer for most of the next week (starting tomorrow morning) so don't expect to hear from me until next weekend or so.

I've tried the new extended version with a clean save game before Thief and all the requirements with none of the show stopping mods. Same setup I've used on previous versions and was able to play through to the end of those versions. I tried starting from the beginning and different skip points but most of the scenes just stop. I can make them advance with enable and disable control, except the ferryman at the beginning of 9.5. Any ideas?

Just tried out the mod, (not the extended version) on SE with brewmasterhal 's translation.

Thank goodness it had the Skip future,because for some reason the animations with the Old Man in the Bannered Mare kept hanging and looping for me.

Also,when I finally managed to get through the scenes with him,I couldn't recover my clothes to chase the Thief.It prompted "You don't need to do that right now" or something,no matter how many times I opened and closed that chest.

All in all,this is a legendary mod.Dogma and the people who worked/working on this seriously outdid themselves.
If anyone has any insight on the looping animations,or the chest bug,please,share!

Ps. FYI I didn't use a previous version of Thief on that save, nor did I unpack the BSA as per Brewmasterhal's FAQ.

Spoiler

So far I got two paths of new scenes with Toris.

1. After being briefed, agreeing etc the PC gets approached by Erna, who warns about sleeping with Glum. The next time the PC works at Mast, he approaches and there's an option to sleep with him or not. There is no scene with this guy as far as I know, we just know the PC served him. Later, when Toris sends Igna to prepare the PC for the horse, Erna appears and tries to get revenge. I suspect, that it depends on it, but depending on whether we were kind to Igna or not, she will free the PC and there's a fight. I don't know what happens when we lose it, but winning opens two choices: forgive Erna, or punish her. Forgiving her means the scene goes as intended, the PC puts on the performance, passes out and Toris heals the cavity, after which we can test it out with Dran.

2. Is when we decide to punish Erna. She gets strapped to the device and she is the one putting on a performance, while our PC sits back in peace. After that it goes nearly the same as before, only this time we see Toris applying the ointment. Dran is an option, too.

I've yet to check out the thugs memory or hunt for other paths in the Mast. Just figured I'd give you guys a small hint about what you might be missing out on thus far!

5 hours ago, 814661 said:

I had a problem in that scene where an NPC that was added by a different mod was standing close to the area but didnt react to the scene so the scene wouldnt progress (i assume thats because the scene calls the closest NPCS to the PC to come and make a comment but the mod NPC refused to move), disabling that NPC beforehand made the scene work as intended for me. 

This must've been it! Worked like a charm now, thanks!

If anyone is having difficulty getting the new stuff in v1.1 working, these commands will make them available.

Spoiler

For Toris:

1. Make sure Toris is behind his little desk in the Mast
  2. startscene XX2658a5

For the memory:

1. prid XX5341b2
  2. enable

There are two additional memory activators in the data, so in case anyone has issues while playing their IDs are XXa136c7 and XXa136cf - you can use the same prid, enable procedure to make them appear.

Is the animation alignment bug during the scene with Kust (with candle game) a known bug? To be specific: during the first time after you lose, the scene goes smoothly, but if you lose 2nd, 3rd time and so on (I'm really bad at that game), Kust is severelly misaligned into the wall.

20 hours ago, kakaer said:
  Hide contents

So far I got two paths of new scenes with Toris.

1. After being briefed, agreeing etc the PC gets approached by Erna, who warns about sleeping with Glum. The next time the PC works at Mast, he approaches and there's an option to sleep with him or not. There is no scene with this guy as far as I know, we just know the PC served him. Later, when Toris sends Igna to prepare the PC for the horse, Erna appears and tries to get revenge. I suspect, that it depends on it, but depending on whether we were kind to Igna or not, she will free the PC and there's a fight. I don't know what happens when we lose it, but winning opens two choices: forgive Erna, or punish her. Forgiving her means the scene goes as intended, the PC puts on the performance, passes out and Toris heals the cavity, after which we can test it out with Dran.

2. Is when we decide to punish Erna. She gets strapped to the device and she is the one putting on a performance, while our PC sits back in peace. After that it goes nearly the same as before, only this time we see Toris applying the ointment. Dran is an option, too.

I've yet to check out the thugs memory or hunt for other paths in the Mast. Just figured I'd give you guys a small hint about what you might be missing out on thus far!

Interesting. So, this Erna appears for the firts time after you work on the Mast for the first time? I used the skip option until Runa was free, and I selected the options as if my character had already worked there at the Mast. Erna never appeared.

So, for her to appear we might have to skip until the entrance of the Skunkway or select the option that you never worked for Toris?

27 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Hide contents

Interesting. So, this Erna appears for the firts time after you work on the Mast for the first time? I used the skip option until Runa was free, and I selected the options as if my character had already worked there at the Mast. Erna never appeared.

So, for her to appear we might have to skip until the entrance of the Skunkway or select the option that you never worked for Toris?

Spoiler

I selected worked many times. She approached me in the hall, she's an orc. I don't know the exact instructions to get this branch, but I haven't really done anything out of ordinary while skipping. She approached after Toris tells us about the remedy. 

Btw, if she bests us in a fight, she forces Gaston to put it in PC's ass instead. Nothing else happens, just that the hole changes and Toris uses the ointment on both holes. 

Hints/Spoilers for the Solitude memory scene added in the extended edition:

Spoiler

You'll need six potions to see all the memory scenes (or at least the ones I've found). There's no order required to these but I put them in what I think is the intended order.

1. The initial memory in the alley next to the Winking Skeever

2. Column across the street next to Bits and Pieces

3. Barrel to the left of the entrance to the Winking Skeever

4. Execution block at the entrance of Solitude

5. Doorway to Angeline's Aromatics

6. Secret Achievement Scene

Spoiler

Behind a bush to the left of Bits and Pieces closest to the market stalls

You'll get a quest to get revenge on the guards after watching these scenes. Report to any guard, who will lead you to their captain. He asks you to find evidence. If you go to Evette San's house across from Proudspire Manor, when you interact with the door your PC will knock and be let in. You'll get various options here, but eventually you'll go back to the captain, who wants you to pick the offending guards out of a lineup.

Here are the right choices if you can't remember who they are:

Spoiler

Third one from the left and second one from the right.

You'll get a small compensation and then you can see them later in a prison cell. I don't know if there's anything else here afterward.

If you get them wrong:

Spoiler

Choose anyone and you'll get a few scenes where the captain will throw both you and your witness into jail with a few extra friends, and some variation depending on your choice. You'll be let out after a few days.

Then that's the end of the quest. I'd be interested to know if there's anything I missed, as I didn't search around much near the end/after the quest.

I also am getting a bug with the smelter memory in Markarth. After interacting with the orb it doesn't load the scene properly, so if it's day then it will stay day, and will put the PC into a drunk animation near the smelter but won't load the two miners, making the scene impossible to continue. I shouldn't have anything conflicting with Markarth but I'll keep checking. I'm also using the last translation/quest vars, etc. with the extended edition, so maybe that broke it?

So, I'm hitting a roadblock after helping the werewolf. I release him from cage and take the rat's head and take it to Tulvar, who compliments me and tells me to go to sleep. I go, but can't interact with either bed or the chest. Even trying "setpqv" command in FAQ doesn't help.

I didn't have this problem when I went through this the first time (got all the way to the Mast stuff, but got bored for a bit and just went back to messing about on the surface building up my char, but I lost that save and now I had to go to an old save so had to go through getting the dibellan coin and entering the Skunkway all over again), but now I can't complete it. Don't know in which Thief version I started this playthrough, either 091 or 095 and since it's such a long questmod I would like to avoid spending countless days going through it from the start all over again.

1 hour ago, user9120975435 said:

So, I'm hitting a roadblock after helping the werewolf. I release him from cage and take the rat's head and take it to Tulvar, who compliments me and tells me to go to sleep. I go, but can't interact with either bed or the chest. Even trying "setpqv" command in FAQ doesn't help.

I didn't have this problem when I went through this the first time (got all the way to the Mast stuff, but got bored for a bit and just went back to messing about on the surface building up my char, but I lost that save and now I had to go to an old save so had to go through getting the dibellan coin and entering the Skunkway all over again), but now I can't complete it. Don't know in which Thief version I started this playthrough, either 091 or 095 and since it's such a long questmod I would like to avoid spending countless days going through it from the start all over again.

You say you went back to old save. Does this save contained any older versions of Thief? You should install any new version in a clean save, just to be sure.

And the mod comes with a skip option on the MCM menu that allows you to select the key decisions you made through the quest chain and spawn you way ahead on the story. You can install thief and skip until the moment you arrived at the skunkway entrance for example.

19 minutes ago, Highborn said:

You say you went back to old save. Does this save contained any older versions of Thief? You should install any new version in a clean save, just to be sure.

No idea, tbh, the save is from late April 2020.

And the mod comes with a skip option on the MCM menu that allows you to select the key decisions you made through the quest chain and spawn you way ahead on the story. You can install thief and skip until the moment you arrived at the skunkway entrance for example.

Awesome, thanks! Is skip available only at the start of the mod? cause it tells me"skip option not available"

So, I just delete Thief files, load save with it, save and then use like Fallrim tools to clean unattached instances?

2 minutes ago, user9120975435 said:

Awesome, thanks!

So, I just delete Thief files, load save with it, save and then use like Fallrim tools to clean unattached instances?

Well, I'm not familiar with cleaning save files, but I think some people did that with success here, if you bother searching for the posts.

But I think it would be easier for you to just start a new save game for this Thief walktrough.

23 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Well, I'm not familiar with cleaning save files, but I think some people did that with success here, if you bother searching for the posts.

But I think it would be easier for you to just start a new save game for this Thief walktrough.

Is skip available only at the start of the mod? cause it tells me"skip option not available"

14 hours ago, GSpaz said:

I also am getting a bug with the smelter memory in Markarth. After interacting with the orb it doesn't load the scene properly, so if it's day then it will stay day, and will put the PC into a drunk animation near the smelter but won't load the two miners, making the scene impossible to continue. I shouldn't have anything conflicting with Markarth but I'll keep checking. I'm also using the last translation/quest vars, etc. with the extended edition, so maybe that broke it?

I'm getting this bug too. I have JK's Skyrim though. First time I reached this memory so I don't know if it's a problem from this version.