I had an eye on this mod for years and now its 1.0!

But before I dive into it, I would really like to now what to exspect.

So how is the playtime of Thief and how well is it polished (eng version), is it like some forsworn and ctulhu mods, where you need an open console at all times or is it more like Slaverun, where you are always fetching stuff? Sarcasm aside, how good is it? ? (I am a great fan of Troubles of the Heroine)

Or is it worth waiting for future patches/additions?

3 hours ago, BringtheNoise said:

I'm at this part of the thief quest (I have gone back into the sewers got the material, made another Retinentia potion).

Went to Riften, went down to the lower area.

Drank Potion, went up to light, clicked on it (while naked, just incase).

Character sets down, plays with herself and says it didn't work...

Did you activate the memory on the bench first?

6 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

So how is the playtime of Thief and how well is it polished (eng version), is it like some forsworn and ctulhu mods, where you need an open console at all times or is it more like Slaverun, where you are always fetching stuff? Sarcasm aside, how good is it? ? (I am a great fan of Troubles of the Heroine)

Play time will vary depending on your choices.  A pure run can probably be done in maybe 10-15 hours since you end up skipping most of the scenes.  A slut run will probably take over 40 if you try to find everything.  It took me around 20 hours to make it through the most recent patch content, and I still missed a bunch of stuff along the way.

If you're playing from the beginning, then the first 17,180 lines of dialog you can encounter are written by me, and only the last 1,480 lines (8% of the mod's content) are as-yet unfinished.  I'm not like a professional writer or anything, but I am fluent in English.

As far as glitches, the mod is very stable currently.  If you're careful not to try to run it with any of the conflicts mentioned in the FAQ post, then problems are few and far-between.

There are of course parts of the story that involve being sent to retrieve macguffins, but except for one part near the end there's always a lot of unique stuff to do along the way, and you're never stuck with simply fetching things and bringing them back.

If you're inclined to wait, I am currently estimating that I will have the translation done by the end of this month, and there is also supposed to be a patch to fix a few minor bugs around the same time.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, brewmasterhal said:

Thief Extras - Custom Wench.7z modifies the mod's usage of the default tavern wench outfit to instead point to a custom location: \Data\Meshes\BD\clothes\wench\ so that you can use whatever clothing you want for it, just like the new option Dogma added for custom outfits in the Skunkway.  Your custom outfit must be placed in that folder, and the files must be named OutfitF_0.nif and OutfitF_1.nif or your character model will be invisible.

I did everything said here and selected custom cloth in mcm, still my character is invisible? 

9 hours ago, hochoka said:

I did everything said here and selected custom cloth in mcm, still my character is invisible? 

Ensure the outfit and body are set to slot 32 in both the low and high nifs and has a complete name.

So for a MO format it would be mods\(thief folder)\Meshes\BD\clothes\wench\OutfitF_0.nif and OutfitF_1.nif

For the subway it should be mods\(thief folder)\Meshes\BD\Subway\PlayerClothesAlt\Altbootsf0_0.nif , Altbootsf0_1.nif, Altbootsf1_0.nif, Altbootsf1_1.nif, Altbootsf2_0.nif, and Altbootsf2_1.nif for the boots (slot 37 if I'm not mistaken) and AltDress0_0.nif thru AltDress2_1.nif (with these being in slot 32).

If you are unsure of how to check what slot the meshes are in for the outfit and body (in the nif)... You can look at them in outfit studio or in Nifscope.

You have to have both the 0 and 1 (low weight and high weight) in the correct path, as well as have those nif's with the meshes in the right slot.

Here is an example (using outfit studio I opened up the outfitF_1.nif that I use for the wench in my play thru.

Thief Tavern Dress FYI.jpg

Note I even took the print screen with the folder back open to show, path, nif name, along with outfit studio set to partitions and showing it is set to slot 32.

Now the outfit I use is a combo of multiple mods (unp jewelry, and a dress mod by zquad1 for the demofet unp body type)... but yeah.

Setup the correct folder along with the outfit names and set the outfits to use the correct slot and you should be good.

18 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Did you activate the memory on the bench first?

Yep that solved it...

I loaded the save file (I saved in front of the Bee and Bard). Then I ended up cheating and pulled a second copy of the potion to see the 2 scene's... Didn't feel like going all the way back to solitude to make a second potion...

One thing I missed is: figuring out who the "Baby Daddy" is...

I kinda rolled thru the mine/prison really fast so I'm not sure if I was suppose to find out in there or what?

Also I went the sex slave route cause my character didn't have the 6k needed for the other option...

Also one had an issue with one character inside the skunkway asking to meet above the mast, well I could never find him above the mast... did I miss another interesting bit of the mod with that character???

And how do you rent the room in the skunkway, the option went away at some point I was going to tinker with that and its a not an option when talking to the character that runs the private rooms in the skunkway (opposite the betting area).

49 minutes ago, BringtheNoise said:

One thing I missed is: figuring out who the "Baby Daddy" is...

I kinda rolled thru the mine/prison really fast so I'm not sure if I was suppose to find out in there or what?

And how do you rent the room in the skunkway, the option went away at some point I was going to tinker with that and its a not an option when talking to the character that runs the private rooms in the skunkway (opposite the betting area).

1. The pregnancy quest isn't available yet, it will be implemented in a future update;

2. After you talk with the man renting the rooms, and you get the dialogue about the price, and assuming you already waited for it to be vacant, you have to activate the balcon to put the coin there. It's not through dialogue.

1 hour ago, brewmasterhal said:

You know that I can't add options to the MCM, right?

Do you have valid meshes in the \Data\meshes\bd\clothes\wench\OutfitF* files?  The OutfitFs in the archive are empty.

this option do I check it or not?

Spoiler

507443018_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_02.11-22_09_39_34.jpg.ab2ab4e26d46db33286d4b20248ec193.jpg

1 hour ago, BringtheNoise said:

Note I even took the print screen with the folder back open to show, path, nif name, along with outfit studio set to partitions and showing it is set to slot 32.

Now the outfit I use is a combo of multiple mods (unp jewelry, and a dress mod by zquad1 for the demofet unp body type)... but yeah.

Setup the correct folder along with the outfit names and set the outfits to use the correct slot and you should be good.

what ma I missing ?

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.33592d4176f8c8493b05633133dd52e4.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time.

22 minutes ago, hochoka said:

Hide contents

507443018_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_02.11-22_09_39_34.jpg.ab2ab4e26d46db33286d4b20248ec193.jpg

what ma I missing ?

Hide contents

Untitled.thumb.jpg.33592d4176f8c8493b05633133dd52e4.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time.

I had the same, but changing to the usual outfit and re-putting on fixed the prolem, but it was much further in the history of the mod.

7 hours ago, hochoka said:

The MCM option applies to the cloth, light armor, and medium armor outfits within the Skunkway.  If those are the things you are trying to change, then yes you need to check the box.

It does absolutely nothing regarding the "wench" outfit that is modified by the patch.  To make that work, you need to create a weighted outfit and copy it into the directory \Data\Meshes\BD\clothes\wench\ with the file names OutfitF_0.nif and OutfitF_1.nif.  So long as the patch .esp is active and the two OutfitF* files exist with valid mesh data, then the mod will load the clothing models of your choice.

8 hours ago, hochoka said:

what ma I missing ?

Message me a link to the OutfitF_1.nif file you are trying to load.  I also need to know if you're playing on LE or SE.

4 hours ago, nnuunnuunumu said:

Downloaded from google drive...

It's possible that someone has managed to corrupt the mod archive with a trojan.  The only file type that should be in those archives which can contain runnable code (and therefore malware) is the *.swf files that are loaded into the UI.  Try downloading the Russian version and overwriting DogmaEngine.esm and Dogma - Thief.esp with my translation files.

I finished the Skunkway and went back to see Vala, but her door was shut and would not open when I tried to activate it. I removed the door, by using the disable console command on it, and was able to talk to her, but I figured I'd report this as a potential bug.

I found a few more in Solitude:

I talked to Elisif at 03:30, so she told me to return in the morning.

I tried to sleep on the bed in the guest room, and nothing happened after my character lay down. I left it for five minutes, expecting a scene or something, but nothing happened, and I was unable to move.

I reloaded and spent the evening with a servant to try to wait out the night, but then I couldn't open the door to leave. If I disable the door, there's just a black opening.

I'm trapped in the guest room. I'll try reloading in the throne room and just waiting there, or not going into the palace until morning. But I thought these were worth mentioning as well.

4 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

It's possible that someone has managed to corrupt the mod archive with a trojan.  The only file type that should be in those archives which can contain runnable code (and therefore malware) is the *.swf files that are loaded into the UI.  Try downloading the Russian version and overwriting DogmaEngine.esm and Dogma - Thief.esp with my translation files.

Thanks, will try.

Edit: Russian version is clean

On 2/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, hexenhaus said:

I had an eye on this mod for years and now its 1.0!

But before I dive into it, I would really like to now what to exspect.

I tried Troubles of Heroine and it doesn't compare, or at least it didn't when I installed it. If you liked the instant degradation and humilition of your character with no build up or progression (I recall the opening scene/choice in ToH having to lick some Orc's, unwashed asshole clean) then you might find this a bit slow for your liking. It takes a while to build up to that. The idea being the PC has some dignity to start with which slowly gets eroded. How fast or even if this ever happens is entirely dependant on your choices.

(Personally, for Thief, I RP as Paladin like character with divine weapons and armour. Making the quest to retrieve her lost equipment all the more important and the degradation all the more distressing to the PC... I do change a bit of dialogue to reflect my RP choices)

This is like a game over a game rather than a Quest mod, so I would forget playing Skyrim with this installed and just play Thief. It doesn't require SL framework or any SL based mods and will run better the less  mods you have, especially those that are script heavy. The quest is very much rail roaded, with you chasing the antagonist from one place to another and dealing with the encounters and situations there. These get larger as the game goes on. There are a few instances of "harvesting" and earning Coin but, at least the first time round, these are all different enough to not feel like a grind. There are also a few enjoyable mini games, some of which I guarantee you will lose intentionally, just to see the result.

Basically, for what it is, there is nothing out there like it and I would be surprised if you don't love it.

As for open console, you will generally only do this to cheat. Dogma has included some little tools in the MCM Debug menu to kick start things if they get stuck, which I use pretty heavily as I don't have the most stable of installs. Dogma is also still working on any bugs and polishing/adding to scenes.

You could wait until Dogma says "Finished" but I've been playing and Supporting it (on and off, depending on financial situation) since before Falkreath was finished and I don't regret doing either.

5 hours ago, nuhnutheounth said:

I finished the Skunkway and went back to see Vala, but her door was shut and would not open when I tried to activate it. I removed the door, by using the disable console command on it, and was able to talk to her, but I figured I'd report this as a potential bug.

I found a few more in Solitude:

I talked to Elisif at 03:30, so she told me to return in the morning.

I tried to sleep on the bed in the guest room, and nothing happened after my character lay down. I left it for five minutes, expecting a scene or something, but nothing happened, and I was unable to move.

I reloaded and spent the evening with a servant to try to wait out the night, but then I couldn't open the door to leave. If I disable the door, there's just a black opening.

I'm trapped in the guest room. I'll try reloading in the throne room and just waiting there, or not going into the palace until morning. But I thought these were worth mentioning as well.

You need to message @DogmaMods directly with bug reports.

2 hours ago, Coldww said:

Does anyone know how to solve this? When I activate the alternative clothing , the character's calf invisible, and even if I don't activate the alternative clothing, I take off my coat when I meet Nazir in the tunnel, and the calf still invisible.

I use Cbbe 3BBB with SE.

By the way, it's no problem if i equipped from inventory.

This is a weird thing about SE clothing models - the engine has become extremely finicky about partition data in meshes that occupy the body slot.

Your .nif file should work with only the SBP_32_Body partition set up on the BSDismemberSkinInstance blocks, but it might be safer to create SBP_34_Forearms and SBP_38_Calves partitions, even if they have 0 verts assigned to them.  You can also convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance blocks into NiSkinInstance blocks.

Next, the mod data needs to assign the 32 - Body, 34 - Forearms, and 38 - Calves flags (in addition to any other partitions used by the .nif data) to the Armor Addon record for the clothing.  The corresponding Armor record should have all of the same flags assigned as well.

In the warren, my character used the memory potion and laid on the floor ,but the magic orb just disappeared and nothing happens after this. Marsus just sit there and my character doesn't say or do anything after lying down and striping off her armor, and my control is disabled. The walkthrough says I should go through this scene as quickly as possible cause the potion only last 60 secs, I tried many times and still cant get it work.

57 minutes ago, wjzmd123 said:

In the warren, my character used the memory potion and laid on the floor ,but the magic orb just disappeared and nothing happens after this. Marsus just sit there and my character doesn't say or do anything after lying down and striping off her armor, and my control is disabled. The walkthrough says I should go through this scene as quickly as possible cause the potion only last 60 secs, I tried many times and still cant get it work.

The FAQ includes the following subsection:

The memory scene with Marsus freezes/breaks

Hide contents

In some cases, the script that disables normal Marsus and enables the memory copy of him fails to execute correctly, causing the scene to skip his lines and then freeze when he is not able to move to a location.  You can fix this by using prid XX5a7120 to target the copy, moveto player to relocate him, and enable to make him visible.  While the console is still open, target normal Marsus and use disable to hide him to prevent him from interfering with the scene, then make sure that you either write down the refID for real Marsus or don't console target anything else in case you later need to re-enable him.

2 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

You need to message @DogmaMods directly with bug reports.

This is a weird thing about SE clothing models - the engine has become extremely finicky about partition data in meshes that occupy the body slot.

Your .nif file should work with only the SBP_32_Body partition set up on the BSDismemberSkinInstance blocks, but it might be safer to create SBP_34_Forearms and SBP_38_Calves partitions, even if they have 0 verts assigned to them.  You can also convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance blocks into NiSkinInstance blocks.

Next, the mod data needs to assign the 32 - Body, 34 - Forearms, and 38 - Calves flags (in addition to any other partitions used by the .nif data) to the Armor Addon record for the clothing.  The corresponding Armor record should have all of the same flags assigned as well.

WOW! it's worked! Thank you very much!
One more question, Do you know how to keep the character's shoes on during sex? The 'Unequip shoes' option is useless in some places,  like the main hall.

46 minutes ago, Coldww said:

WOW! it's worked! Thank you very much!
One more question, Do you know how to keep the character's shoes on during sex? The 'Unequip shoes' option is useless in some places,  like the main hall.

Best bet is probably to use the console to equip some shoes while the scene is active.  For example, player.equipitem XX92354d will equip the custom Skunkway cloth shoes.  Just memorize the formID and equip the things whenever you want them.

For a more permanent solution, create a .nif that includes any boots/gloves etc. that you want (as well as feet and hands as applicable), and no other meshes (no body, no head, no vagina, etc.).  Set all of the partition data for the meshes to NiSkinInstance blocks.  Now create a mod that adds the .nif as an Armor record occupying the 35 - Amulet slot and no other slots, and an associated Armor Addon record that uses the 35 - Amulet slot and the 37 - Feet/33 - Hands slots as necessary.

Upon entering the Skunkway, you can add the amulet to yourself and equip it.  Since the clothing records are flagged as using the amulet slot they cause amulets to be hidden while the clothes are equipped, but once the clothes are removed the amulet (and the shoes, gloves, etc.) becomes visible.

19 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Best bet is probably to use the console to equip some shoes while the scene is active.  For example, player.equipitem XX92354d will equip the custom Skunkway cloth shoes.  Just memorize the formID and equip the things whenever you want them.

For a more permanent solution, create a .nif that includes any boots/gloves etc. that you want (as well as feet and hands as applicable), and no other meshes (no body, no head, no vagina, etc.).  Set all of the partition data for the meshes to NiSkinInstance blocks.  Now create a mod that adds the .nif as an Armor record occupying the 35 - Amulet slot and no other slots, and an associated Armor Addon record that uses the 35 - Amulet slot and the 37 - Feet/33 - Hands slots as necessary.

Upon entering the Skunkway, you can add the amulet to yourself and equip it.  Since the clothing records are flagged as using the amulet slot they cause amulets to be hidden while the clothes are equipped, but once the clothes are removed the amulet (and the shoes, gloves, etc.) becomes visible.

The first method works! I'll try the permanent solution later. Thanks!!?

Hamlof the beggar is saying to me "maybe you will at least wash for the sake of decency?" Having a beggar say I need to wash is pretty embarrassing, but I don't know where to clean up in Markarth. I tried searching the inn for a bathtub and showering in the waterfall, but I can't get clean. Is there a dirty variable I can toggle? I don't know if it matters, but I intentionally left the Skunkway without cleaning up, so I could keep the marks from the Squeaky Mast.

1 minute ago, nuhnutheounth said:

Hamlof the beggar is saying to me "maybe you will at least wash for the sake of decency?" Having a beggar say I need to wash is pretty embarrassing, but I don't know where to clean up in Markarth. I tried searching the inn for a bathtub and showering in the waterfall, but I can't get clean. Is there a dirty variable I can toggle? I don't know if it matters, but I intentionally left the Skunkway without cleaning up, so I could keep the marks from the Squeaky Mast.

in the river my dude, you can wash it there