Yeah, I have to agree on that. I guess the timeline doesn't look too outlandish to me, but everything else... nah.

And one thing you'll never ever ever see Bethesda do is go back to good old-fashioned RPG mechanics. Every step along the way (since Daggerfall anyway) has been getting further and further away from that. I'm not saying it's a bad decision necessarily - though it's been taken to a bit of an extreme - but I don't see them taking a step back.

• 1 year later...

one of wishlists for the next Elder Scrolls,

Being a Jarl or a leader of a city. Build a city. Some type of settlement system that can be automated or controlled. 

Use the bandits for labor work or other uses

More Vampire lore, skills and other features :)

On 9/7/2017 at 10:31 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Will be garbage if their current downward spiral continues......

Let's see how they performance after the fallout 76 issues. 

Yes, from this teaser we can gather that we will have 4 new races, we will get back skills form oblivion, the mist tells us the Chameleon Effect from oblivion will make a return. Cliff racers will repopulate again terrorizing everyone. also everyone will be wearing bikinis from the start. on a more serious note its expected to be released after starfield. so 2022/4 placing my bet on 02/22/22

11 hours ago, thelordofroses said:

Yes, from this teaser we can gather that we will have 4 new races, we will get back skills form oblivion, the mist tells us the Chameleon Effect from oblivion will make a return. Cliff racers will repopulate again terrorizing everyone. also everyone will be wearing bikinis from the start. on a more serious note its expected to be released after starfield. so 2022/4 placing my bet on 02/22/22

unfortunately 22.22.22 is not possible, but Beth creates everything, only for TES 6 will this day be introduced. ?

5 hours ago, winny257 said:

unfortunately 22.22.22 is not possible, but Beth creates everything, only for TES 6 will this day be introduced. ?

indeed. Bethesda will make years twice as long making us wait twice as long again for what we want but we shall receive what we want in time. but yeah cause they cant do 22/22/22 that's why i expect 02/22/22 considering the factors. 

13 minutes ago, thelordofroses said:

indeed. Bethesda will make years twice as long making us wait twice as long again for what we want but we shall receive what we want in time. but yeah cause they cant do 22/22/22 that's why i expect 02/22/22 considering the factors. 

or what more likely to is, Beth is until then broke, bankrupt, in the end.
if they mess up this game too, then it could mean financial problems.

Spoiler

In any case TES6 needs a new (better) engine, by no means a new bug game

31 minutes ago, winny257 said:

or what more likely to is, Beth is until then broke, bankrupt, in the end.
if they mess up this game too, then it could mean financial problems.

Reveal hidden contents

In any case TES6 needs a new (better) engine, by no means a new bug game

I agree but tbh I'd take the old engine over the new engine if the new engine doesn't include mod support. But that's just me. Here's hoping they get a new engine with mod support!

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays.

3 hours ago, patches13 said:

I agree but tbh I'd take the old engine over the new engine if the new engine doesn't include mod support. But that's just me. Here's hoping they get a new engine with mod support!

Some popular engines, like UE4, have mods support build-in.

Here is the tutorial for UE4

Here is more.

I'm all for making mods in a real high-performance language, like C# and C++, as opposed to that slow bugged abomination named Papyrus. But Todd said already that they are happy with the current engine since it "allows them to be productive", so I'm not holding by breath, no sir.

4 hours ago, patches13 said:

36 minutes ago, phillout said:

Some popular engines, like UE4, have mods support build-in.

Here is the tutorial for UE4

Here is more.

I'm all for making mods in a real high-performance language, like C# and C++, as opposed to that slow bugged abomination named Papyrus. But Todd said already that they are happy with the current engine since it "allows them to be productive", so I'm not holding by breath, no sir.

After the disaster of [censored] even Tard Howard had better switch or the majority of gamers will make the current wallet-hurt look minor. And since UE4 is already well known and can do what the company wants it to do, they really don't have any (decent) excuses not to switch. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't switch. Their record and their ongoing moves inspire absolute dread.

A Bethesda game without mods is not a Bethesda game.

agreed. if they move to a new engine without the ability to mod ( or severely limited mods meaning no Script Extender,animations,quests,etc,etc only textures) id rather keep the current engine. but we will have to see how Starfield fares. but let us pray for its success and hope it doesnt join the pile like prey and [censored]. because think about this, if Starfield is a huge success that means more money can potentially be funneled into ES6. and Bethesda knows its Elder Scrolls serious is wildly successful so they will at least put in more effort then on their other products. heres to Starfields success and to a new Adventure in... in... whats the palnet called? Nirn? Mundus? ah well here's to a new adventurer in whatever place we will be visiting.  hoping for the snake people.

I'm afraid the reasons aren't exactly technical, but the ones originating from ZeniMax upper management. According to what I know that's where all recent ideas like CC and re-releasing the same games over and over again are coming from. So unless something revolutionary happens to Beth, I'm expecting TES6 to be even more "streamlined" than FO4, having more CC content, probably more mod-breaking frequent updates, and maybe loot boxes, since it brings money. Cut all the expenses, screw the writing and the story, lore? wtf is tis, who cares? put all money into ads, generate revenue. Sigh. And when those jerks ruin yet another company, they just move on and get another high-paying job because they have an awesome portfolio with revenues they made and shit.

Given everything that's happening to not just Bethesda but Zenimax itself--in the courts, with their finances, and with their investors--it's still too soon to make any sort of guess about when or even if we'll get Starfield or anything else. Video gaming is driven by commercial hits and is extremely volatile as a result. [Censored] by itself was a major blow but throw in the lawsuit it's spawned and the consumer backlash and it's nothing short of a disaster. This is especially relevant with privately traded companies who are, by their nature, at the whims of their investors.

The last thing you want to do when you've upset your investors is to keep doing things that make your company look worse to its customers. Or engage in actions that are outright illegal in the markets you're in. Which is exactly what both Zenimax and Bethesda have done and are still doing. Given that no one outside the company and courts really knows what's going on, there are factors we can't see. The situation could be far better than we think or far worse.

14 hours ago, thelordofroses said:

So where are people placing their bets & or hopes on the setting. i'm thinking  Hammerfell for the bet . but i'm hoping for the Akavari continent

Given what SJWs did to Resident Evil 5, a game set in Africa where the majority population is African and thus most enemies would also be African, I can see Hammerfell receiving the same outcry. It was illogical, insane, and idiotic, but SJWs aren't exactly associated with words like "logic," "sanity," or "intelligence."

Akaviri would be nice, an Asian-inspired RPG would be a refreshing change. But the trailer could also refer to High Rock. Assuming it has anything to do with what the final product would be like.

Elder Scrolls 6; creative director Todd Howard, lead writer Emil Pagliarulo, Creation Engine.  Yeah, not holding my breath for a good game.  And don't forget the DRM so that you'll have to have an internet connection to launch the game.  And of course it will be on Bethesda.net so that's a joy.  Then there's the Creation Club and the year long wait for a tool kit to fix the fucking game.  On top of all of that (by 2022+ when the game comes out) how far behind the technology curve will Bethesda be?  What, they'll be up to 2015 standards in 4 years?

4 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

This will be just a fiasco like fallout 76 mark my word. 

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Elder Scrolls 6; creative director Todd Howard, lead writer Emil Pagliarulo, Creation Engine.  Yeah, not holding my breath for a good game.  And don't forget the DRM so that you'll have to have an internet connection to launch the game.  And of course it will be on Bethesda.net so that's a joy.  Then there's the Creation Club and the year long wait for a tool kit to fix the fucking game.  On top of all of that (by 2022+ when the game comes out) how far behind the technology curve will Bethesda be?  What, they'll be up to 2015 standards in 4 years?

lets us just breath in breathe out and hope for the best. that being said let us just in case keep our torches oiled and our pitchforks sharpened for the first gameplay video. aside from that as long as they dont ban Nexus/Steam/Lovers mods from being put in after 2-3 years we will be okay. wounded but okay.