Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

12 hours ago, special said:

@Kimy

BUG REPORT (4.1 BETA)

• When you remove hobble dresses or other items that slow the Player, the Player's walk / run speed does not reset back to normal.

• Corsets and Harnesses Bodyslide no longer work properly for CBBE body.  Major clipping once in game.

This is what happens when a mod messes with speed mult, I have seen it to many times. It eventually happens, you get stuck in low gear.

Why?  it may be another mod is doing some speed mult setting's as well, and one reset's it while the other holds it back, and now sense both think they have fixed thing's the player is left in low gear.

It in almost every instance where I have seen it use multiple times, will eventually if used often enough screw up.  If the offending Item has been removed, and you type " player.getav speedmult " in console and it is less than 100, you are right it is hung.

you can use "Player.setav speedmult 100" to return to normal, but lets say you have boots that are suppose to increase your speed, you may have just ruined there effect, and when you take them off, you could lose speed again, so strip everything off make sure you don't have any active effect's ( spell's ) that increase or decrease speed active ( some other mod may have added ), and then do the "Player.setav speedmult 100"

And you still may be fucked if say you did some quest somewhere that gave you a +5 to your speed as a reward, that will now be gone, and likely never return.

EDIT >> Also if and item did not get removed correctly, even setting the speed multiplier back, may only get it set right back to low gear, your really screwed then, return to and older save.

EDIT  >> One other thing check zaz shackle speed after you get your speed back to normal, and set it to 100, it may be the conflicting variable that is dicking with you.

And by the way, I have no complaint as to mod's setting the speedmult ( I personally do not think it is a good Idea, but sometimes it is needed ), I just know it eventually will cause trouble, so it is good to know how to fix the problem with the console, if it can be fixed, which I have had times that it could not.

If you're wondering whether the current iteration is okay to use, check the posts between feature completion and the current end of the thread for errors, bugs, CTDs, and the like. In this case, DD 4.1 is quite stable. If that's enough for you to upgrade, do so. If not, just wait a bit. ?

Edit: Or... what Kimy said. :D

1 hour ago, neosuduno said:

I am glad the beta is feature complete, but any news on how far along testing is?

There are two issues I am still having a look at (pony animations and hobble skirt speed reset), other than that I didn't hear much back in terms of issues.

I'm about to start a new game and have my mods mostly set up, but before I start this new game I have a question about the DD v4.1. If I install the current development versions, will there still be some changes that require a new game when the V4.1 is published?

9 hours ago, galgat said:

This is what happens when a mod messes with speed mult, I have seen it to many times. It eventually happens, you get stuck in low gear.

Why?  it may be another mod is doing some speed mult setting's as well, and one reset's it while the other holds it back, and now sense both think they have fixed thing's the player is left in low gear.

It in almost every instance where I have seen it use multiple times, will eventually if used often enough screw up.  If the offending Item has been removed, and you type " player.getav speedmult " in console and it is less than 100, you are right it is hung.

you can use "Player.setav speedmult 100" to return to normal, but lets say you have boots that are suppose to increase your speed, you may have just ruined there effect, and when you take them off, you could lose speed again, so strip everything off make sure you don't have any active effect's ( spell's ) that increase or decrease speed active ( some other mod may have added ), and then do the "Player.setav speedmult 100"

And you still may be fucked if say you did some quest somewhere that gave you a +5 to your speed as a reward, that will now be gone, and likely never return.

EDIT >> Also if and item did not get removed correctly, even setting the speed multiplier back, may only get it set right back to low gear, your really screwed then, return to and older save.

EDIT  >> One other thing check zaz shackle speed after you get your speed back to normal, and set it to 100, it may be the conflicting variable that is dicking with you.

And by the way, I have no complaint as to mod's setting the speedmult ( I personally do not think it is a good Idea, but sometimes it is needed ), I just know it eventually will cause trouble, so it is good to know how to fix the problem with the console, if it can be fixed, which I have had times that it could not.

I did the same test that i did before and checked my character's speed mult using the console command that you mention.

0. Never equipped anything: speed mult = 100

1. Equip hobble dress first time: speed mult = 50

2. Unequip hobble dress first time: speed mult = 80

3. Equip hobble dress second time: speed mult = 50

4. Unequip hobble dress second time: speed mult = 60

5. Equip hobble dress third time: speed mult = 50

6. Unequip hobble dress third time: speed mult = 60

These results match what I observed before.

Could it be a problem in the CBBE version of the dress maybe? Both me and Special use CBBE.

Is there any other information or tests that I can do or provide to help investigating this? I already posted a log and my load order.

Ok, I'l ltry waiting for a while, see what happens.

Edit: nope, waiting for ~5 minutes doesn't help. Also changing cells doesn't help.

One other thing that I noticed: If I equip the hobble dress for the first time and within 1 or 2 secs I check the character's speed mult it's 70. Only after a few secs it becomes 50. I don't know if this works as intended or not, but I thought I'd just mention it.

Thanks for the reports about the hobble speedmult issues, please do keep them coming. I'm very sure this is an issue with the script and/or magic effect or how they are applied. CBBE/UUNP can't have anything to do with it.

@Richard1234, how long did you keep the dresses equipped during the test that got you those numbers? Could other mods have introduced their own speedmult changes during that period (needs mods, survival mods, combat mods, perk overhauls, skooma whore, ...?) or did you equip and unequip the dresses in a short period where no other mod did its thing with speedmult?

55 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks for the reports about the hobble speedmult issues, please do keep them coming. I'm very sure this is an issue with the script and/or magic effect or how they are applied. CBBE/UUNP can't have anything to do with it.

@Richard1234, how long did you keep the dresses equipped during the test that got you those numbers? Could other mods have introduced their own speedmult changes during that period (needs mods, survival mods, combat mods, perk overhauls, skooma whore, ...?) or did you equip and unequip the dresses in a short period where no other mod did its thing with speedmult?

At the bottom of page 88 i posted my load order (in pictures, sorry) and a log. As far as I know I don't have any mods other than DD that alter the character's speed.

I equipped the dress, then walked around for 10 or 20 seconds inside the starting prison cell to see if the run speed would change or something. Then unequipped and walked around again for 10-20 secs. Same for second and third times.

Edit: I tried waiting for ~5 minutes after unequipping the dress for the first time. The character's speed mult remained 80. Also after changing cells.

Merged a fix for the hobble skirt thing. Please test! I am not sure if there was just that one thing not working, but the code would indeed have messed up the reset when a 3rd party mod also made changes to speed mult while the dress was equipped.

12 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

I'm about to start a new game and have my mods mostly set up, but before I start this new game I have a question about the DD v4.1. If I install the current development versions, will there still be some changes that require a new game when the V4.1 is published?

@Kimy  Mind if I bump this one, pls?  Would be nice to be sure... ?

2 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Since it only bugfixes at the moment, I wouldn't expect a new game to be needed. Though I would think it's hard to answer since some bugs could require a new game to fix anyway.

39 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Since it only bugfixes at the moment, I wouldn't expect a new game to be needed. Though I would think it's hard to answer since some bugs could require a new game to fix anyway.

Thanks for the ,as ever, prompt help!

I have this piece of string, and an elastic ruler.  I'll maybe see if they can help too  LOL

7 hours ago, donkeywho said:

If you use the newest 4.1 build already, it's not very likely that a new game will be required. But as LazyBoot said, sometimes bugfixed DO result in a need to start a new game, so take it with a grain of salt.

The ManipulateDevice() shorthand has been marked deprecated since version 3. It's too much grunt work to keep updated for our hundreds of items, and it's not overly useful anyway. If you pick the inventory device directly from the library, might as well pass the rendered device as well and use zadlibs.equipDevice() or zadliibs.removeDevice()

; Shorthand manipulation for expansion items. Falls back to Integration ManipulateDevice() if the item is not found here.
; Deprecated - will not add new items to this. Don't think the function is -that- useful.
Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)

The device tag system should be current up to and including 4.0, with the one exception that we deliberately didn't add all the color variants for the catsuit set. I admit that this feature isn't very high on my priority list, but I am aware that some modders use it. I suppose the new 4.1 items will eventually be added.

10 minutes ago, Kimy said:

The ManipulateDevice() shorthand has been marked deprecated since version 3. It's too much grunt work to keep updated for our hundreds of items, and it's not overly useful anyway. If you pick the inventory device directly from the library, might as well pass the rendered device as well and use zadlibs.equipDevice() or zadliibs.removeDevice()

; Shorthand manipulation for expansion items. Falls back to Integration ManipulateDevice() if the item is not found here.
; Deprecated - will not add new items to this. Don't think the function is -that- useful.
Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)

The device tag system should be current up to and including 4.0, with the one exception that we deliberately didn't add all the color variants for the catsuit set. I admit that this feature isn't very high on my priority list, but I am aware that some modders use it. I suppose the new 4.1 items will eventually be added.

It's not marked as deprecated in the Intergration library. Is that one still safe to use?

7 hours ago, Musje said:

It's not marked as deprecated in the Intergration library. Is that one still safe to use?

The one in DDI is still current, because we never added any new devices to DDI and don't plan to do that in the future. All new devices go into DDX.

Still, I would honestly not recommend using the function anymore. I am not going to remove it, so nothing will break - but as we keep adding devices, the function will support fewer and fewer of them. As I said above, the function is redundant. It can't do anything zadLibs.equip/removeDevice() can't do. All it does is saving you typing a few characters, for the price of bloating up the framework code with hundreds of if/then clauses.

5 minutes ago, Kimy said:

The one in DDI is still current, because we never added any new devices to DDI and don't plan to do that in the future. All new devices go into DDX.

Still, I would honestly not recommend using the function anymore. I am not going to remove it, so nothing will break - but as we keep adding devices, the function will support fewer and fewer of them. As I said above, the function is redundant. It can't do anything zadLibs.equip/removeDevice() can't do. All it does is saving you typing a few characters, for the price of bloating up the framework code with hundreds of if/then clauses.

Thanks, I'll take your advice and see if I can do without :)

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Fixed one of the more annoying bugs in DD. NPCs now properly reset their bound animations and gag expression on device removal. \o/

I have a small question about something in the latest DDi commit: In zadLibs line 1759, the latest commit adds 

function Masturbate(actor a, bool feedback = false)    (line 1737 for context)
/* snip */

PlayHornyAnimation(playerref)    (line 1759)

Since the function this is in looks like it can be called on any actor, should this really be hard-coded to the player?

On 6/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, Kimy said:

Merged a fix for the hobble skirt thing. Please test! I am not sure if there was just that one thing not working, but the code would indeed have messed up the reset when a 3rd party mod also made changes to speed mult while the dress was equipped.

Yay, fixed. Thanks!

Now this makes me wonder.. apparently I have a mod installed that alters the character's speed when i equip a hobble dress... if I ever feel up to it I'm going to hunt it down :)

7 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I have a small question about something in the latest DDi commit: In zadLibs line 1759, the latest commit adds 

function Masturbate(actor a, bool feedback = false)    (line 1737 for context)
/* snip */

PlayHornyAnimation(playerref)    (line 1759)

Since the function this is in looks like it can be called on any actor, should this really be hard-coded to the player?

That happens if you copypaste code, I guess! Haha! Good catch! :)

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

I just double checked. Most 4.0 items are registered, but Straitjackets and Extreme Hobble Dresses aren't.