Hi!

@Oakern I am getting a lot of papyrus log spam with the following error

[04/06/2019 - 01:06:54PM] error: Cannot play a sound from a None object
stack:
    [ (0014D084)].Sound.PlayAndWait() - "<native>" Line ?
    [CrxInitQuest (9E012171)].crxinitquestscript.PlaySound() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXInitQuestScript.psc" Line 397
    [ (FF003A55)].crxcrworkshopobjectscript.CreateSpFeetForm() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 282
    [ (FF003A55)].crxcrworkshopobjectscript.OnTimer() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 184

It's probably because I have commented out the deletion of the spikes "on exit furniture" (because I am using the spikes as wannabe props for the dead bodies), and they probably try to fire the playsound from remote cells

The correct solution is probably to use different statics for the props and let the spikes be deleted, but I'm lazy :) I'm hoping to find an easier solution via script to avoid this error

Any luck with the next version? You have mentioned a solution to fix the dead bodies to crosses and I am so anxious for that

Thanks!

On 4/6/2019 at 11:14 AM, SAC said:

Hi!

@Oakern I am getting a lot of papyrus log spam with the following error

[04/06/2019 - 01:06:54PM] error: Cannot play a sound from a None object
stack:
    [ (0014D084)].Sound.PlayAndWait() - "<native>" Line ?
    [CrxInitQuest (9E012171)].crxinitquestscript.PlaySound() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXInitQuestScript.psc" Line 397
    [ (FF003A55)].crxcrworkshopobjectscript.CreateSpFeetForm() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 282
    [ (FF003A55)].crxcrworkshopobjectscript.OnTimer() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 184

It's probably because I have commented out the deletion of the spikes "on exit furniture" (because I am using the spikes as wannabe props for the dead bodies), and they probably try to fire the playsound from remote cells

The correct solution is probably to use different statics for the props and let the spikes be deleted, but I'm lazy :) I'm hoping to find an easier solution via script to avoid this error

Any luck with the next version? You have mentioned a solution to fix the dead bodies to crosses and I am so anxious for that

Thanks!

Seems to me like you missing some sound files but it is hard to say as you modified scripts so I can't tell what is in line 184 or 282 in your script but you are probably right re spikes not being deleted on exit in your version.

I tried to make rag dolls staying on but without success so I gave up modding for some time but now have few fresh ideas so maybe there'll be new version sooner or later. 

15 hours ago, Oakern said:

Seems to me like you missing some sound files but it is hard to say as you modified scripts so I can't tell what is in line 184 or 282 in your script but you are probably right re spikes not being deleted on exit in your version.

I tried to make rag dolls staying on but without success so I gave up modding for some time but now have few fresh ideas so maybe there'll be new version sooner or later. 

@Oakern thank you for your reply!

In the meantime, I have de-commented spfeet = none, and got rid of the playsound error

DeleteSpHandsForm()
;    DeleteSpFeetForm()
    spfeet = none

... but now I have log spam with a different one

[04/11/2019 - 08:46:46AM] error: Cannot play a None idle on an actor
stack:
    [ (FF005308)].Actor.PlayIdle() - "<native>" Line ?
    [<nullptr form> (FF001A82)].CRXRestrainingWorkshopObjectScript.OnTimer() - "M:\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXRestrainingWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 218
    [<nullptr form> (FF001A82)].crxcrworkshopobjectscript.OnTimer() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc" Line 149

Attaching the scripts, as far as I can remember, I have only messed with the crxworkshopobjectscript (not even sure I remember what crxrestrainingworkshopobjectscrip is about... :) )

I can totally relate to taking time away from modding at some point, I also took a long break until grayuser helped me immensely with animations for my mod, for which I am very grateful, and it definitely motivated me to make a new version and start tinkering again with various stuff

I am very much looking forward to any new version you would decide to create :) 

CRXRestrainingWorkshopObjectScript.pscCRXInitQuestScript.pscCRXCrWorkshopObjectScript.psc

• 2 weeks later...

Have a little issue with the mod, namely that the NPCs assigned to the crosses tend to get down on their own when it's time to go to sleep - just as if they had any normal assignment like shop or farming. 

You guys know how can I fix this and make them stay on the cross indefinitely or until death? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed one of my companions acting strangely — I couldn't talk to her, and she would just stand in place, trying to walk but then immediately stopping. Then I caught some captions saying she was screaming, and realized she was "stuck" on one of the crosses from some save waaaaaaay in the past (too far to find it and go back to it). Is there a script or command that I can invoke on the console to force the companion to "exit" whatever cross the game still thinks she's on? I believe I've even deleted the cross in question so I don't know if I could plug it into a command.

BTW, using `recycleactor` freed her from her weird behavior, but I still can't "talk" to her, even though her voice is already correct (I didn't have to restore her voice).

1 hour ago, zeroaction said:

I noticed one of my companions acting strangely — I couldn't talk to her, and she would just stand in place, trying to walk but then immediately stopping. Then I caught some captions saying she was screaming, and realized she was "stuck" on one of the crosses from some save waaaaaaay in the past (too far to find it and go back to it). Is there a script or command that I can invoke on the console to force the companion to "exit" whatever cross the game still thinks she's on? I believe I've even deleted the cross in question so I don't know if I could plug it into a command.

BTW, using `recycleactor` freed her from her weird behavior, but I still can't "talk" to her, even though her voice is already correct (I didn't have to restore her voice).

I don’t think so. You could try fallrim cleaner and try to delete all the crx script instances, no idea if that could work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, Apap said:

Have a little issue with the mod, namely that the NPCs assigned to the crosses tend to get down on their own when it's time to go to sleep - just as if they had any normal assignment like shop or farming. 

You guys know how can I fix this and make them stay on the cross indefinitely or until death? Thanks!

OK, I managed to figure out that 2 crosses are missing a VMAD script property called "bWork24Hours" which I assume is responsible for making NPC stay on the piece of furniture until dismissed.

I'm not sure when and if any updates to this mod are coming, so I'm thinking of adding this property to my install myself. Now here's the kicker: I can't figure out how to do it in FO4Edit (there do not seem to be any options to edit the script and add a property, or at least I have no clue where to look for them). I have no experience with modding myself or with FO4Edit so have to ask if anyone could tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Apap said:

OK, I managed to figure out that 2 crosses are missing a VMAD script property called "bWork24Hours" which I assume is responsible for making NPC stay on the piece of furniture until dismissed.

I'm not sure when and if any updates to this mod are coming, so I'm thinking of adding this property to my install myself. Now here's the kicker: I can't figure out how to do it in FO4Edit (there do not seem to be any options to edit the script and add a property, or at least I have no clue where to look for them). I have no experience with modding myself or with FO4Edit so have to ask if anyone could tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

You must see it in xedit so you are almost there. 

Click on that cross and find one withe the vmad on it. Right click, compare (2).  Side by side you should see the difference.  Click and hold on the property you want, drag it to the cell next to it, drop it, confirm you want to change.  Now it should be on the nonworking cross.

Exit and save. Done.

24 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

You must see it in xedit so you are almost there. 

Click on that cross and find one withe the vmad on it. Right click, compare (2).  Side by side you should see the difference.  Click and hold on the property you want, drag it to the cell next to it, drop it, confirm you want to change.  Now it should be on the nonworking cross.

Exit and save. Done.

Worked perfectly - thanks a lot, man! :)

7 minutes ago, Apap said:

Worked perfectly - thanks a lot, man! :)

Wait till you figure out e it put that you can do it on armor and clothing, copying properties such as enchclothing in the armor section. Add charisma or whatever from the pull down from the cell... 

Or weapons... or whatever.

Powerful tool..

John

Aaand we're back, this time with a different issue :D

So I had a few npcs crucified and two of them started acting weird: they got misplaced on the cross, now hovering a bit away from it while still playing the animation. After a while the distance between the npc and the cross got bigger.

I thought reassigning the npc to a different piece of furniture and then back to the cross would do the trick but it didn't work - the npc got down and started walking to the pillory but every 1-2 seconds stopped and played the cross animation, then returned to walking. The npc eventually reached the pillory, sat in it but even though new animation started playing, the cross animation kept popping up every 2 seconds still.

Removing the original crosses didn't help. I also tried the "actor.setrestrained" console command but it didn't work. Reloading CRX assets via MCM had no effect as well.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

I have a problem: suddenly the NPCs get on the cross, but the next step (placing spikes) doesn't trigger, so they just chill on the cross

I have tried reloading assets, resetting the quest, cleaning script instances with fallrim tools, not sure what to try next

i'm having a problem with this mod. occasionally i'm just wandering around and my character suddenly goes into 3rd person and the crucified animation. i can stop the animation by going back into 1st person but it just keeps happening and happening. i've tried reloading saves and restarting the game. i have not tried uninstalling the mod because i've heard that it removes the furniture tab in the workshop menu. this is actually really frustrating please help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is anyone else having an issue where they turn off screams, but the screams still play in subtitles?

I tend to play with sound off a lot of the time, and therefore subtitles on, and it can be difficult to follow a conversation for the sound of screaming slaves.

Other than that, nice mod. I like the pure nastiness of improving morale at one of my slave training settlements by nailing up some of them pour encourager les autres :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, ehsdlekehs said:

Thanks to great mod

But i have problem

Companion motion is not stop even i console 00102249curie move to player 

I want 2 solve this problem pls

I have no save file at before this situation 

Well, what you have to do is go back through your saves to before curie was put on the cross. this mod has a lot of issues with multiple companions, and companions in general.

basically you gotta go back to before you installed the mod, and if you want to continue to use it you have to assign the companions you want to not be forever derpy to being essential.

regardless you are kinda screwed.

source: i was also in this situation. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 8:27 PM, ehsdlekehs said:

Thanks to great mod

But i have problem

Companion motion is not stop even i console 00102249curie move to player 

I want 2 solve this problem pls

I have no save file at before this situation 

This problem with NPCs/Player keep playing animations after leaving a furniture is to do with them not being properly released from the furniture so timer that triggers animation is still running and there is still a reference to the character in the furniture. Finding furniture that character has been assigned to and removing it (in workshop mode) should remove the reference and kill the timer. Uninstalling mod should also resolve the problem then it can be installed again.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, TEMMIS said:

i'm having a problem with this mod. occasionally i'm just wandering around and my character suddenly goes into 3rd person and the crucified animation. i can stop the animation by going back into 1st person but it just keeps happening and happening. i've tried reloading saves and restarting the game. i have not tried uninstalling the mod because i've heard that it removes the furniture tab in the workshop menu. this is actually really frustrating please help.

See my reply above. If you want to remove the mod go to MCM and there is an option to choose before uninstalling. It prevents issue with the workshop menu.

And perhaps general advice for anyone playing with mods - save often (if you play on survival there is a mod that allows saving via console command) and keep all the saves, never overwrite.