3 hours ago, command88+ said:

I usually prefer the X crosses they have no indicators. but thanks for the info about other crosses. must have missed that

And for the furniture. Stores have no auto assign so setttlers need to be assigned manually, same for the Minuteman cannons/turrets or am i wrong?

I find if I select one with feet support in build menu, which shows which way is forward, then move across the next cross is facing the same way.

edit. quoted wrong quote but at least i got the right person lol

BTW since we are talking about the directions of the crosses: I had the X-cross, assigend a settler, realized it was facing the wrong waySo i ordered the settler to leave the cross (shich she did, even though i did not assign her to a chair or something) to turn the cross around.

But as i did that the settle started getting on the cross again . I couldn't select the cross in build menu anymore, only the now not responsive, Settler and the x-cross kept turning and turning (not the settler thoug, she remained in position, facing me so the cross moved through her) Looked funny

And what about a pyre to burn settlers at the stake, could also work as source of light in settlements? Gallows and impalement would be too much and complicated because of the animations?

What about a collaboration with Vader666 (Torturedevices)?

3 hours ago, ASaltyPotato said:

A simple way to fix some of the direction confusion would be to place a spike pointing on the opposite side of the crosses.

Or just remember that when you select the crosses in the build menu, they always face away from you.

Yea, when you first go into Workshop mode, all the crosses face AWAY from you. If you've rotated some other objects and don't want to back out all the way to normal play mode, you can select a cross with feet or seat support to show which way your target is facing. Also, the texture wrapping is diff on front and back, so that helps to determine which way it's facing too.

Pro tip: Selecting another object and set it right back down will reorient your current rotation to match the selected object. This is especially helpful when setting up a lot of seating or bedding.

I do this all the time when trying to align (snap)beds along walls. I would pick up the floor tile and set it back down. Then when I would choose a bed/chair/whatever to build, it's "pre-aligned" with the floor tile, thus keeping it nice and neat. Sometimes, it won't work right and your build object will be off 5-10 degrees. If that's the case, I just back all the way out of Workshop mode and try again.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:44 AM, Oakern said:

Really hard to say what is wrong - try reinstalling mod and if it doesn't work uninstall, save game, install, carry on from saved game. Seem to me like some missing files/scripts...

"nothing related to CRX would show up in MCM" - mod isn't integrated with MCM configuration is accessed via configure-> mod configuration menu activated on the furniture (R key)

rings are included in crx meshes folder there is a piece of code in CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript file that creates them but is excluded - you can remove exclusion condition and recompile script in CK to actually make them appear.

The problem was with my save, it's just a bloated mess, scripts-wise (and otherwise). Crosses work just fine on a new game.

Is there a way to tone down a little the volume on the new screams? They are kind of loud. I can try Audigy, but I was hoping for a better solution.

What is the best way (easiest) to default newly placed crosses to spikes instead of ropes? I am hoping FO4Edit rather than CK, if possible.

For settlers wandering off-cross, maybe have a look at this: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/78623-remove-all-ai-packages-via-script/?tab=comments#comment-2098804 (and the subsequent post, about removing the workshop alarm keyword). It did the trick for me, permanently.

For settlers mounting crosses while sandboxing, there is a furniture flag in CK which says "ignored by sandbox". Try it out, it should work.

As far as poses go, maybe you would like to do something along the lines of this? (pic attached). Crossed ankles are magic :smiley: , so the black-and-white pose, but with the ankles crossed, would be perfect (IMO)

Anyway, thanks for continuing to develop this mod, it's really an essential. I am hoping you would continue looking into afixing the dead bodies, I will try the rings, haven't gotten to it yet.

crux_drawing_2_by_montycrusto-d9p65b6.jpg

I've noticed a minor issue. Note, that this is happening on a very cluttered save. A new game may fix it, but i haven't committed to a new game yet.

When i put a subject on a cross, everything works as intended. There's no horrible game shattering bug. But when i leave the area....Example, if i travel from red rocket to another area like spectacle island.....basically if i change cells. When i return, my subjects have been redressed while on the cross. I have to then go back in, strip them down, and take the new clothes.

There's never anything else in their inventory. Just the new clothes. And it happens every time i come back from adventuring.

I figure it has something to do with cell reset, that much is clear. Is there any way to fix this? It's a minor nuisance more than anything, but it does break my immersion.

Again, my save is quite cluttered. This is the character i use for testing, so i'm always adding and subtracting various mods.

48 minutes ago, ASaltyPotato said:

I've noticed a minor issue. Note, that this is happening on a very cluttered save. A new game may fix it, but i haven't committed to a new game yet.

When i put a subject on a cross, everything works as intended. There's no horrible game shattering bug. But when i leave the area....Example, if i travel from red rocket to another area like spectacle island.....basically if i change cells. When i return, my subjects have been redressed while on the cross. I have to then go back in, strip them down, and take the new clothes.

There's never anything else in their inventory. Just the new clothes. And it happens every time i come back from adventuring.

I figure it has something to do with cell reset, that much is clear. Is there any way to fix this? It's a minor nuisance more than anything, but it does break my immersion.

Again, my save is quite cluttered. This is the character i use for testing, so i'm always adding and subtracting various mods.

It's got nothing to do with your particular save, so a new game will not fix it. It is a core game mechanic. Basically, each NPC base id (let's call it "template", as an analogy, if you are not familiar with base ids) has an "outfit" assigned. When the cell resets, if they are naked, then they get re-equipped with their template's (base id) outfit, even if they don't have it in the inventory anymore. I think they revert even if they are wearing something else, different than their default outfit, but I can't really remember - because I was frustrated with this, a long time ago I just started messing with the leveled lists and never looked back, I am happy with their current outfits as they are (modded by me)

- one option, don't know if it works, it never did for me: Oakern adds an empty "CRX" outfit and assigns it as default to the crx actors; there is a CK function that modifies the default outfit, I haven't really used it, can't even remember the name, but a quick google should do the trick

- another option would be to add a package to the CRX quest that re-unequips all from the victims each time the player is in the current cell - not sure how to do it exactly to undress only the previously undressed actors, maybe add a "crx_naked_actor" keyword - it's a bit complicated, but Oakern is 10x+ times better than I am at scripting, so he might be able to implement it

- another option is to add a nudesuit (Leito's, as an example): this might work (the actors might still revert to their default), but it raises some complications, since there are a number of body meshes (+/- nevernude versions) around, and conflicts may arise

- disable cell reset: there are mods on nexus for this, I am using one because cell resets wipes away dead bodies, and I want them "hanging around" as they are, but there are implications - once you clear a cell, it will stay clear forever

- kill the crucified before leaving the cell :smile: they won't dress up when dead - that is pretty much what I do, too. Immersion level 99+ 

I think that's about it, I'm not aware of any other option

1 hour ago, SAC said:

It's got nothing to do with your particular save, so a new game will not fix it. It is a core game mechanic. Basically, each NPC base id (let's call it "template", as an analogy, if you are not familiar with base ids) has an "outfit" assigned. When the cell resets, if they are naked, then they get re-equipped with their template's (base id) outfit, even if they don't have it in the inventory anymore. I think they revert even if they are wearing something else, different than their default outfit, but I can't really remember - because I was frustrated with this, a long time ago I just started messing with the leveled lists and never looked back, I am happy with their current outfits as they are (modded by me)

- one option, don't know if it works, it never did for me: Oakern adds an empty "CRX" outfit and assigns it as default to the crx actors; there is a CK function that modifies the default outfit, I haven't really used it, can't even remember the name, but a quick google should do the trick

- another option would be to add a package to the CRX quest that re-unequips all from the victims each time the player is in the current cell - not sure how to do it exactly to undress only the previously undressed actors, maybe add a "crx_naked_actor" keyword - it's a bit complicated, but Oakern is 10x+ times better than I am at scripting, so he might be able to implement it

- another option is to add a nudesuit (Leito's, as an example): this might work (the actors might still revert to their default), but it raises some complications, since there are a number of body meshes (+/- nevernude versions) around, and conflicts may arise

- disable cell reset: there are mods on nexus for this, I am using one because cell resets wipes away dead bodies, and I want them "hanging around" as they are, but there are implications - once you clear a cell, it will stay clear forever

- kill the crucified before leaving the cell :smile: they won't dress up when dead - that is pretty much what I do, too. Immersion level 99+ 

I think that's about it, I'm not aware of any other option

Okay, thanks. As i said, it's only a minor nuisance. I can live with it.

Still, i appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

2 hours ago, ASaltyPotato said:

...When i return, my subjects have been redressed while on the cross...

2 hours ago, SAC said:

It's got nothing to do with your particular save, so a new game will not fix it. It is a core game mechanic...

Basically, what SAC said.

It has nothing to do with CRX or any other mod. Sometimes, it's just the game engine failing to "catch up" the scripts firing in line with loading the 3d meshes. Having a lot of settlers in one settlement can easily cause that and your settlers will "revert" to their templated outfits yet still have everything you've given them (skimpy outfits, etc.) still in their inventory. Also, even a medium load modlist can cause this latency issue.

I use a .bat file to autodress my settlers (and even some companions) with my selected kit for them (outfits, gear, weapons, etc.), and they will often revert back to their farmer clothes and radstag outfits. Sometimes, the mere act of going into their inventory and toggling the equip status will sort this, but the game will eventually revert back to their original templated outfits due to script lag and Beth's general engine funk monkey. The only way to semi-prevent this from happening for me is to stay active in the settlement when it does the daily settlement reset. This is when the game gives your settlement the daily food, water, and stuff. I'm not sure what happens, but the game kind of soft-saves a current snapshot of your settlers, and later when you return, it will use that snapshot to properly load the correct 3d. I usually "stay awake" for over 48 hrs building stuff and whatnot to ensure the daily reset has occurred, and then I drop a hard save (ESC -> Save, NOT a QUICKSAVE). After that, it seems fine for a good while. I also never RUN into a heavily populated settlement to help allay any building latency. The standard Jog works ok. No need to Walk.

As with anything, YMMV. I've got 32gb ram and 16gb vram on a GTX 980M, but I run FO4 on a traditional platter drive on my laptop (not enough room on my SSD partition) and still have these issues. GL

On 01/04/2018 at 8:47 AM, BufusTurbo said:

I've found out this mod doesn't like the "tfc" command when my char is using the furniture, not one bit. It resets to normal camera view after a couple of seconds and the character can't use weapons or speak after that.

Oh well I'll just use npcs :smiley:

This is because when 'flavour' idle animation is played on PC in TFC mode PC gets misplaced so it teleports back and forward all the time. Scripts enforces 3rd person view before playing idle anim to avoid that. You can use 3rd person view and move camera a bit or turn off idles in Configuration menu.

Lost voice can be restored with console command but I don't think these is related to using TFC command...

On 29/03/2018 at 5:22 AM, DominusKaine said:

Is there a way to spawn the crosses with no damage as default? I'm happy to hop into xEdit to change it for my own game.

Yes, defaults can be changed in CrxCrworkshopFurniture script there are variables at the beginning of the script just change values and recompile. I'll add global configuration in next version.

10 hours ago, Oakern said:

Yes, defaults can be changed in CrxCrworkshopFurniture script there are variables at the beginning of the script just change values and recompile. I'll add global configuration in next version.

Coolness! I'll make those edits right before I restart for a new playthrough. Waiting on some other mods to release updates before doing so. Glad to hear you'll be adding it as a toggle in MCM. Thanks, Oakern!

Just to summarise all that have been written in recent posts...

Thanks for all ideas for future mod development I'll use some of them in the next versions.

Regarding all minor issues with NPCs etc. - F4 is very complex game and using different mods adds even more to that complexity so unexpected things like that can happen. I prefer to keep mod as simple as possible rather than trying to patch every possible issue or conflict with other mods.

And finally thanks for the credits - it makes time spent on creating mod worth it!

On 3/31/2018 at 7:26 PM, calscks said:

Minor issue, CRX needs to be cleaned especially the identical records in FormID list. in some cases if you're using static menu from SKE it'll be incompatible. creation club menu is overriden into being removed by CRX as well.

bump this again. 2 FormID list records are needed to be removed from the mod, which may cause problems towards creation club menu.

On 15/04/2018 at 10:27 AM, calscks said:

bump this again. 2 FormID list records are needed to be removed from the mod, which may cause problems towards creation club menu.

I'm not sure what do you mean. All form ids are prefixed with mod order number to make them unique. Which records are needed to be removed? CRX menu entry is added dynamically so shouldn't overwrite any other entries.

16 hours ago, Oakern said:

I'm not sure what do you mean. All form ids are prefixed with mod order number to make them unique. Which records are needed to be removed? CRX menu entry is added dynamically so shouldn't overwrite any other entries.

glad you asked. try checking the first two formid list records in the crx plugin -- i think you've forgotten to remove the first two overriden records "WorkshopMenuMain" (106da2) and "WorkshopMenu01Resource" (106da7). the latter record causes no problem but it's dirty to leave it be, while the former record would override WorkshopMenu01CreationClub (24a0dc) into nothing -> therefore making the creation club menu to be non-existent (if someone owns workshop mods from cc like me).

Hi , lovely mod ! always wanted to punish raider bosses for giving me a hardtime.

The crosses are well made also the sounds....but....

That one single scream that appears when u use the nails/spikes.... is really fucked up.

Any way to only have the  painful mumbiling without that one really loud  high pitched scream ?? it is too loud compared to the other sounds , always beeing a " sound jumpscare" when i have my sound high. also it sounds for me to much like a "young" voice... but the other sounds are really good ! would like to not have to mute them in the cross panel.

On 17/04/2018 at 4:32 PM, calscks said:

glad you asked. try checking the first two formid list records in the crx plugin -- i think you've forgotten to remove the first two overriden records "WorkshopMenuMain" (106da2) and "WorkshopMenu01Resource" (106da7). the latter record causes no problem but it's dirty to leave it be, while the former record would override WorkshopMenu01CreationClub (24a0dc) into nothing -> therefore making the creation club menu to be non-existent (if someone owns workshop mods from cc like me).

Thanks for more info. Have you tried removing 2 mentioned records from CRX mod and if you have - did it help and brought cc menu back? I don't have any cc mod so can't really test it...