16 hours ago, SAC said:

Thank you for the new version. A question before installing, have you updated the scripts logic and/or previous animations or furnitures, or is it just the new furnitures with their own (new) anims?

Previous animations haven't been updated just new ones added. Crosses nifs have been updated with new connection points so must be replaced as well as new nifs added.

Scripts have been updated too to load new assets and change logic around protected/essential flags. There is complete list of changes on the mod description page.

Hey @oakern! I've been a big fan of this mod since before the workshop category issue. Just love it. About to update to the new latest ver. If you're taking any requests and/or haven't decided which way to further the development, can you add an upside-down cross/X-frame or possibly a sawhorse or rack? There's a rack (with and without an animated dildo machine) in another mod (Crazy's, I think) which is awesome but they don't snap like your crosses do which is one of the hidden gems in your furnitures. If not, all's well. I still love your mod and thanks for the Protected/Essential fix, too.

I thank you, even if my settlers don't :tongue:

On 20/02/2018 at 9:28 PM, DominusKaine said:

Hey @oakern! I've been a big fan of this mod since before the workshop category issue. Just love it. About to update to the new latest ver. If you're taking any requests and/or haven't decided which way to further the development, can you add an upside-down cross/X-frame or possibly a sawhorse or rack? There's a rack (with and without an animated dildo machine) in another mod (Crazy's, I think) which is awesome but they don't snap like your crosses do which is one of the hidden gems in your furnitures. If not, all's well. I still love your mod and thanks for the Protected/Essential fix, too.

I thank you, even if my settlers don't :tongue:

Thanks.

Regarding future development - I am open to suggestions. Maybe I'll create some sort of survey later on to find out what the preferences are.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:38 AM, mrlolguydude said:

Thank you for the update, still wanting to add back protected/essential flags. upside down crosses? neck restraints and hanging, poles for impalement? backwards facing crosses. crosses where they are tied up between two poles.

Edit a wod

These are brilliant suggestions :smiley: lol

Also yes. This mod looks wonderful, but not a fan of the damage over time/death.

20 hours ago, xDominous said:

Does this mod conflict with torture devices?

In early version this mod could possibly overwrite workshop menu entry of different mod but that has been resolved a log time ago. There are not known conflicts with other mods.

Not known to me at least... 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just uploaded new version - 1.9 - Enjoy!

Thanks for all suggestions - I added upside down cross in this version as it was requested most times here.

In next version I'll probably focus on different furniture types, furniture where more than 1 NPC can be assigned and maybe better visual effects like blood stains on hands/feet (depends on me finding solution that works so suggestions welcome if you've done something similar before).

For this version I spent some time trying to restrain dead bodies on the crosses by creating invisible restrains (rings with collision) but I wasn't satisfied with the effect so that's on hold until I find solution that works.

On 24/02/2018 at 1:20 PM, Honesty said:

These are brilliant suggestions :smiley: lol

Also yes. This mod looks wonderful, but not a fan of the damage over time/death.

Thanks, yes - that's why I try to make this mod as much configurable as possible so it suits everyone's taste...

a huge problem that i have with this, is that settlers auto assign themselves on the crosses so in a settlement with many settlers sometimes before i assign someone to the cross anotherone already took his/her place

and maybe add some indicators where the front of the cross is.

19 hours ago, Oakern said:

I've just uploaded new version - 1.9 - Enjoy!

Thanks for all suggestions - I added upside down cross in this version as it was requested most times here.

In next version I'll probably focus on different furniture types, furniture where more than 1 NPC can be assigned and maybe better visual effects like blood stains on hands/feet (depends on me finding solution that works so suggestions welcome if you've done something similar before).

For this version I spent some time trying to restrain dead bodies on the crosses by creating invisible restrains (rings with collision) but I wasn't satisfied with the effect so that's on hold until I find solution that works.

Hi,

thanks for the update! I've been trying to upgrade from 1.7 to 1.9, but I'm stuck:

- the PC can use the crosses, animations play, no problems there

- however, no NPC will mount the furnitures, even the old crosses - I've been using "setcommandstate 1", worked flawlessly so far, now it doesn't work anymore - the message is "sit cross", however the NPC will do nothing

- nothing related to CRX would show up in MCM

On a different topic, would you mind posting the ring collision mesh? Maybe I can make use of it

Thanks!

22 hours ago, command88+ said:

a huge problem that i have with this, is that settlers auto assign themselves on the crosses so in a settlement with many settlers sometimes before i assign someone to the cross anotherone already took his/her place

and maybe add some indicators where the front of the cross is.

Isn't it the case with every unused furniture in the settlement? Unoccupied settlers just start using them whether it's plant, guard post etc... There isn't any (or at least I haven't found any) setting on the furniture in CK that says - block idle use or something similar.

Re indication where the front is - horizontal beam is always moved forward compared to vertical beam.

21 hours ago, Nilsomatic said:

Hi! Thank you for your great work! This Mod is awesome! But i have a small problem. My assigned settlers leave the crosses at the evening to go to bed. I have this problem since version 1.8. Have i done somthing wrong or is this normal?

Nothing really changed in that matter - every crx furniture has Work24Hours flag set...

I wonder if it has something to do with crosses producing resource (happiness) since version 1.8. I've noticed it too but only occasionally so could be specific to the settlers not to the furniture... I'll keep an eye on it and try to find an explanation/pattern... 

4 hours ago, SAC said:

Hi,

thanks for the update! I've been trying to upgrade from 1.7 to 1.9, but I'm stuck:

- the PC can use the crosses, animations play, no problems there

- however, no NPC will mount the furnitures, even the old crosses - I've been using "setcommandstate 1", worked flawlessly so far, now it doesn't work anymore - the message is "sit cross", however the NPC will do nothing

- nothing related to CRX would show up in MCM

On a different topic, would you mind posting the ring collision mesh? Maybe I can make use of it

Thanks!

Really hard to say what is wrong - try reinstalling mod and if it doesn't work uninstall, save game, install, carry on from saved game. Seem to me like some missing files/scripts...

"nothing related to CRX would show up in MCM" - mod isn't integrated with MCM configuration is accessed via configure-> mod configuration menu activated on the furniture (R key)

rings are included in crx meshes folder there is a piece of code in CRXCrWorkshopObjectScript file that creates them but is excluded - you can remove exclusion condition and recompile script in CK to actually make them appear.

I have a few ideas that i thought were pretty cool.

Power armor crucifix- Exactly what it sounds like. Restrain a subject using the vanilla power armor stations. Like how the trailers show steel chains holding up a set of T-60, kinda like how a mechanic uses an engine hoist. Also, this would fit into the lore (if you care about that.) of some situations. Raiders, for instance would find a PA station quite handy for restraining their prizes. Especially since few of them would have access to power armor anyway.

8231-0-1452589738.jpg

Football stadium/basketball stadium- use field goals as makeshift crosses

Fences-Subject tied via rope or zip tie to chain link or other types of fences. Maybe add other wall pieces that fit in with the vanilla junk walls, so you can greet guests in style.

Ceiling Restraints- Basically a way to hang our victims from the ceiling, punching bag style. A chain, rope or other item which can be snapped to ceilings

Wall based restraints-like shackles and stuff.

Stockade- Nuff Said (I Forgot that there's already one in DLC. But a new spin, or modded functions could be in order.)

Some other medieval devices would be pretty cool.

Hope y'all like these ideas. I thought they were pretty neat, myself.

Just popping in to say thanks for the update with the upside-down crosses. New audibles are a nice touch, too. Haven't noticed any issues. Settlers work the full 24 hours in my game. Is there a way to spawn the crosses with no damage as default? I'm happy to hop into xEdit to change it for my own game.

Thanks again, Oakern. Mod just keeps getting better with every update.

9 hours ago, Oakern said:

Isn't it the case with every unused furniture in the settlement? Unoccupied settlers just start using them whether it's plant, guard post etc... There isn't any (or at least I haven't found any) setting on the furniture in CK that says - block idle use or something similar.

Re indication where the front is - horizontal beam is always moved forward compared to vertical beam.

I usually prefer the X crosses they have no indicators. but thanks for the info about other crosses. must have missed that

And for the furniture. Stores have no auto assign so setttlers need to be assigned manually, same for the Minuteman cannons/turrets or am i wrong?