What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

12 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Both uploads even made it to "Hot Mods" before they got taken down. Not sure how you could miss that.

To be fair to Vyxenne, I go to Nexus, do a search, get a file, leave.

Didn't know there was "Hot mods", lol

42 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Both uploads even made it to "Hot Mods" before they got taken down. Not sure how you could miss that.

I never look at "Hot Mods." That's how I could miss that. Your preferences and habits are not mine, and again, it is stupid for you to assume that they are.

30 minutes ago, judge007 said:

To be fair to Vyxenne, I go to Nexus, do a search, get a file, leave.

Didn't know there was "Hot mods", lol

I have a link to the SSE "Categories" page- that's where I land, every single night. I deal with my PMs from there, end up back there after PMs and start wading through my followed mods Notifications list. There are generally 15-25 per day, and I respond to or comment on maybe 60-70% of them. After that, I sometimes go to the FO4 Categories page and look to see if any credible feminine walk/run animations have been uploaded. Then I start playing SSE, or Secret World.

To not only assume that I care about Nexus "Hot Mods" and go there frequently, but belittle, mock and disparage me as well for not knowing what is or was there at some point in time is ... well, you know. Thanks for the backup. :classic_heart: smh

6 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I have a link to the SSE "Categories" page- that's where I land, every single night. I deal with my PMs from there, end up back there after PMs and start wading through my followed mods Notifications list. There are generally 15-25 per day, and I respond to or comment on maybe 60-70% of them. After that, I sometimes go to the FO4 Categories page and look to see if any credible feminine walk/run animations have been uploaded. Then I start playing SSE, or Secret World.

To not only assume that I care about Nexus "Hot Mods" and go there frequently, but belittle, mock and disparage me as well for not knowing what is or was there at some point in time is ... well, you know. Thanks for the backup. :classic_heart: smh

As they say it's a nice place to "visit"

12 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I keep hoping at some point you would divulge the secret: What is "it?" Searching the Internet for what??? What is the name of your mod? Where is the terrible story you are describing available to read about?

Yes, I uploaded HG Hairdos to Nexus via the open permission Summerdew here on LL left but it was pulled because Andreis/Daymarr is the original creator and I didn't get proof of permission from him(sent a PM but got no response). The SE version had over 3.000 downloads and had made hot files on the 19th before getting deleted on the 21st.

Now those on the Nexus who wanted HG will have to search the internet for HG like we have to do with SG when it was right there for them. 

"Copyright holders are not porters, but the original creators" was their excuse for the decision when I got the warning and GTAB

So again I hope you don't take the "just the porter" as offense. 

The terrible story is now banned along with the account I uploaded with. Don't have any screencaps of the message they wrote, sorry

Edited by stopnamingmodsafteryou
56 minutes ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

Yes, I uploaded HG Hairdos to Nexus via the open permission Summerdew here on LL left but it was pulled because Andreis/Daymarr is the original creator and I didn't get proof of permission from him(sent a PM but got no response). The SE version had over 3.000 downloads and had made hot files on the 19th before getting deleted on the 21st.

Now those on the Nexus who wanted HG will have to search the internet for HG like we have to do with SG when it was right there for them. 

"Copyright holders are not porters, but the original creators" was their excuse for the decision when I got the warning and GTAB

The terrible story is now banned along with the account I uploaded with. Don't have any screencaps of that they wrote, sorry

I don't take it as offense and I think that most of the others see it the same way like me. Permissions are a problem especially for mods that are old and the original authors are MIA. I have some anim packs that I'm not allowed to release because I don't have the permission. 

2 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I don't take it as offense and I think that most of the others see it the same way like me. Permissions are a problem especially for mods that are old and the original authors are MIA. I have some anim packs that I'm not allowed to release because I don't have the permission. 

This was always my understanding as well. Recently (see spoiler below) Ashal addressed this issue on another thread and I think you may have more leeway than you previously thought.

Spoiler

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/164086-abandoned-mods-policy/?do=findComment&comment=3310689

March 8, 2021

While it's preferred you just require the original and create a patch to avoid any possible troubles as @gregathit mentions, it's also understandable that there are scenarios where that isn't reasonable.

As long as you've put in an honest effort to contact the original author for permission and it's pretty damn clear that after a week of no reply and them not having logged on for a long time, I don't think anybody is really going to argue against somebody just picking up the abandoned mod for themselves so long as the original author remains credited. However, if the author suddenly shows up one day saying they didn't approve it, we will side with them.

Basically the original author will always have the final say on what's allowed with their mod. But so long as effort has been put in to get their permission and they were unresponsive, than we generally have no problem with somebody picking up the development.

8 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

I also do not really pay attention to the hot files/hot mods section, as 90% of them seem to be followers/companion type things, of which I have pretty much zero interest in, I am not a big fan of followers even the main game ones, I hate hauling them around and having them get in the way of things.

36 minutes ago, user037951 said:

What do people (you) use for Vanilla armor replacers?

I wish there wwas a Definitive edition with plentiful of Zaps like TAWOBA Vanilla armorreplacer but for all armors, and clothes like in BD's armors replacer. But atm there's not much to choose from.

I'm working on my own replacer using the Minidress/Spicegear by Tiwa and the remodeled armors by Chronotrigger plus some additional models. It is hell of a work to distribute them. The list of Bodyslide files is killing every upload limit. And I'm just at 2 variants for every armor for male and female plus some additional clothes...

1 hour ago, user037951 said:

What do people (you) use for Vanilla armor replacers?

I wish there wwas a Definitive edition with plentiful of Zaps like TAWOBA Vanilla armorreplacer but for all armors, and clothes like in BD's armors replacer. But atm there's not much to choose from.

Assuming you use CBBE the best armor replacer (includes Zaps) is this (the original link to it can be found on the Bodyslide page). Be aware, the downside to lots of Zaps is that it can take quite some time to make the adjustments to all the armors/clothes. You can Batch Build outfits, but not Zaps.

4 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Clairvoyance in action:

Holtof's

SAP

NSAP

14 minutes ago, judge007 said:

Clairvoyance in action:

Holtof's

SAP

NSAP

Maybe I should group all those long forgotten packs together under 'lost and found' for ppl who want them together with K4 and some other packs. Has someone ever made an SLAL pack form the NSAP? As far as I can remember they are pre-SLAL...

17 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Maybe I should group all those long forgotten packs together under 'lost and found' for ppl who want them together with K4 and some other packs. Has someone ever made an SLAL pack form the NSAP? As far as I can remember they are pre-SLAL...

Actually I have NSAP & Holtof's in SE, Want em?

EDIT:

Holtof's is SLAL, converted to SE

NSAP is just converted to SE

both work

Edited by judge007
9 minutes ago, user037951 said:

Thanks, didnät know this one  had lots of ZAPs. I'll download and check out. Oh and dont worry, i've had my fair share of run ins with ZAPs. I practically know the  TAWOBA armor replacers ZAPs in and out lol.

edit: These work for 3BA right?

I wish I could answer that. They were originally part of the CBBE site on Nexus. When Bodyslide separated from the CBBE mod this went with Bodyslide. I'm sure that the modpage I linked will be able to tell you for certain.

4 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Neither do I. The five hot mods are just pretty much the first things I see when I visit SE's or LE's mod page.

LOL, when I need something from the Nexus, I find a mod in MO2,

right-click and select "Visit on Nexus"

From there I type a bit in the Search box.

I've likely only seen the "homepage" when I registered for Oblivion

Again, it's a nice place to "visit" . . .

35 minutes ago, judge007 said:

LOL, when I need something from the Nexus, I find a mod in MO2,

right-click and select "Visit on Nexus"

Protip for MO2:

Hold shift and double click to open it in nexus automagically. No need to use the right click-> menu at all.

CTRL-Double click opens it in Explorer.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

The terrible story is now banned along with the account I uploaded with. Don't have any screencaps of the message they wrote, sorry

No problem, and thanks for the explanation. Those of us who are living under a rock appreciate it. Now I can go back to... to... whatever Subrocktica-dwellers do... Oh yeah, getting stoned. That's it.:classic_tongue:

Edited by Vyxenne
10 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:
10 hours ago, Varithina said:

I also do not really pay attention to the hot files/hot mods section

Neither do I. The five hot mods are just pretty much the first things I see when I visit SE's or LE's mod page.

Alessia's Blind Spot.png

You see, Alessia, everyone else is not you. You continue to obtusely defend your position that just because YOU see or know something, everyone else is responsible for seeing/knowing it too, and when they don't, you somehow justify holding them up to ridicule.

Please, you're so helpful to ppl trying to find the most obscure armor/outfits ever stored on a Tibetan monastery's secure house server. I promise not to ridicule you for not seeing/knowing what I see/know. Won't you do the same?

12 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I don't take it as offense and I think that most of the others see it the same way like me.

Dear Miss or Mister Pfiffle Pfaffy Pfimply Pfahrvergnügen Valued User:

I wouldn't have taken offense either if the post had said "a porter" instead of "just a porter."

I am an English Major. Yes, a dreaded Grammar Nazi, red pen and all. Words mean things. Used in the phrase "just a <noun>" the adjective "just" serves to belittle, diminish, disparage, and/or to be dismissive of whatever noun (or pronoun) follows it. In this context, it is synonymous with "only."

"Oh, Baby, don't worry about her- she's just my wife."

"Geez, Angie, you're not considering hooking up with him are you? I mean, he's just a mechanic."

"Settle down, Kamala, you're just the vice president, at least so far..."

"Oh my god, the Captain passed out! Do you know how to land this plane, sonny? You're just the co-pilot..."

"What the fuck do you know about modding? You're just a porter!"

etc. etc.

So no, I don't mind being called "a porter" (of mods, not your luggage. ? ) It's concise, and it's (mostly) accurate- just leave out the belittling adjectives.

Edited by Vyxenne