What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

9 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Off topic, but I beg to differ- in many cases, "just the porter" has to (or chooses to) make significant changes, modifications and/or enhancements- you toss "just porters" under the bus with no idea of some of the things they have to do- it's not just "run it through NifOpt and done" as you seem to imagine.

To name just a few things I have done to my numerous ports: changing multiple-nifs for color variations into a single nif with texture-swaps in the plugin to facilitate shape conversions in Bodyslide/Outfit Studio, separating armor meshes into separate tops and bottoms so users can mix-n-match as desired, adding erections to saddles for laughs and fun with Horgasm, making recolors including new textures diffuse/normal maps, cleaning up the horrible mish-mash mess of some Oldrim and Oblivion mods that contain random files that are not being used at all, fixing broken textures (e.g. dds with 720x719 pixels=instant CTD, uncompressed cubemap=instant CTD, who do you imagine fixes those issues?), translating ARMO names to English (or from pseudo-English to proper English or going through EditorIDs and Names and making them follow a consistent format for user convenience), creating BodySlide files for users' so they can conform them to their custom presets with a single Batch Build instead of needing multiple SliderSets, etc. etc. etc.

Is it derivative work and not pure creation? Of course it is. If I had the 3D modelling skills to create my own meshes, I would not have had to wait 5 years to finally score my Lezzie Lovers amulet! ♀♀ But "derivative" doesn't  mean "worthless," and it doesn't mean "no value added so I don't need their permission to use the assets they may have modified or created" as you so arrogantly toss it off as- good porters frequently add considerable value to the mods they port, taking them far beyond their origins, and part of that may involve the creation of new assets- a case in point is my Newmiller-Vyxenne Belly and Ankle Chains, which I ported from a no-longer-available Oldrim bracelets mod which I rebuilt and repurposed as belly and ankle chains because I couldn't find any that I liked available on Nexus or here. I created new content from his Oldrim mod, "just a porter" as you so dismissively say, but I would expect to be asked for my permission as well as Newmiller's by anyone seeking to use my assets even though they may be derivative.

Signed, with a heartfelt finger-wave, "Just a Porter" :classic_angry:

I hope you didn't take that as an insult. That's what Nexus told me when I tried to reupload. "Copyright holders are not porters, but the original creators"

"You need proof of permission from Oblivion/ Sims 4 creator"

Therefore Summerdew's open permission wasn't good enough for them and thus they took it down again along with the Oldrim version and I got that ass banned for "stealing."

Shame as it had made hot files and people seemed to like it. But my heart still beats and the world still turns so fuck 'em. Now those who want it will have to go out of their way searching the internet like with SG hairs.

22 hours ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

Can someone make an HDT-SMP version for HG hairs?

22 hours ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

don't count as they are just the porter

Truly the words of someone who's never had to put together, and tune and/or fix an HDT xml config.

9 minutes ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

That's what Nexus told me when I tried to reupload.

You'll note that "what Nexus says" typically does not hold a lot of weight or sway here. Nexus tends to fly by the seat of their pants when it comes to moderation a lot of the time. Their only consistent feature at times is their inconsistency. It's why some mod authors avoid it entirely.

Nexus bullshit is enough to turn you grey.

9 hours ago, judge007 said:

I concur. Nomkaz and Pfiffy et al, have kept many modders equipped with mods.

"Just porters" are keeping this forum going.

See how many "Can someone port this LE mod for me" posts/threads you can spot.

Just porters indeed.

Well, I'm just doing ports, so I am a just a porter.  And I'm proud of it. Porters only exist because Beth created Skyrim SE. For most parts it is just running some tools, sometimes it is a bit more... 

5 minutes ago, T-lam said:

You should change your signature in PP, or Pfiffy the Porter, or similar ;)

No, my signature is saying all what I have to say about me and the things I do here. In the beginning the important ports with my name on it have been a community work. I was just the one with the courage to ask around for the permissions and making the uploads. Statistically every Skyrim SE player here uses one of 'my' ports, but most of these ports have been converted with the help of other people so they are not really 'mine'. I just did what someone had to do at that time.

And without the modders that made the original work there would not be anything to port. The Flowers always have to go to other people and not to me.

5 minutes ago, pinkfluf said:

Think the closest is sleep in lingerie perhaps?

As far as I understand it, it will only work on followers. What I'm looking for is a mod that changes the outfit for every NPC as soon as it lays down. But Sleep tight seems to do what I'm looking for... partially... Scripters to the front: who can modify this to make use of a specific outfit or robe? It is the guard sleepware (in the Miner section of the CK) or one of the sleep outfits in the outfit section that I have in mind?  

2 minutes ago, crowownsford12 said:

was using a mod and did an uninstall and now i cant remember the title the one thing i remeber is that in riverwood the blacksmith and his wife and the local drunk had a love triangle going on and you had to fix it  and there were many more interaction around skyrim.

Was it Amorous Adventures?

Or SexLab Confabulation?

15 hours ago, stopnamingmodsafteryou said:

That's what Nexus told me when I tried to reupload.  [...] they took it down again along with the Oldrim version [...]  it had made hot files and people seemed to like it. [...] Now those who want it will have to go out of their way searching the internet

I keep hoping at some point you would divulge the secret: What is "it?" Searching the Internet for what??? What is the name of your mod? Where is the terrible story you are describing available to read about?

32 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I keep hoping at some point you would divulge the secret: What is "it?" Searching the Internet for what??? What is the name of your mod? Where is the terrible story you are describing available to read about?

27 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

He uploaded HG Hairdos to Nexus. It sometimes seems like you're living under a rock...

Shhhhh, sometimes she's stoned . . .

2 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

It sometimes seems like you're living under a rock...

How would I somehow intuit the name of the mod he was talking about? I searched for "Summerdew" since he mentioned that name, and came up with nothing. At some point I had HG Hair installed, but I don't use non-physics hair any more, got rid of all of it when aers ( @srea here on LL) published the new HDT-Skinned Mesh Physics on the Nexus, and I have never seen a word of any controversy over the permissions on HG Hair.

I realize that when you "know something" it's easy to assume that "everybody knows about that," but it's simply not true, or even logical, and disparaging me for not knowing about it is just stupid.

Edited by Vyxenne