8 hours ago, Yoxgg04 said:

Thank you for helping, im' currently running current version of SKSE and SSE compatible with versions of HDTSMPmods and well as Xpmsse i have skse64 uiextender installed, i couldn't get the smp to work through mod organizer so i installed it manually, it works fine when creating a new game but shortly crashes after a few minutes. I cannot load a saved game, a game saved after installing smp wont load without causing CTD im currently exploring my options i know about the back stepping to find the source of the problem and quite honestly i belive its just the SMP (one of many) causing my crahes. I have HDTSSEframework, HDTsehighheels, HDTSSEsMP,Xpskeleton, Cbbesmp files,havokcollisonobject, and i have fnis latest version i belive thats everything required for smp to work, the only thing manually installed is the SMP and HDTmods for my body, jiggle works in game vagina has small issues, im still getting use to the deep modding thing ive never had to do it for any other game and i want to learn. Im gonna try installing Vortex rumors say its much easier than Mod organizer and less clumsy than NMM i believe with enough tinkering i can get to where i need to be.

7 hours ago, Kaarinah said:

The save games crashing is likely caused by XPMSSE, it as far as I heard uses parts of Skee that causes save corruption. It's going to be fixed when Expired has time I read. For now I'm using the new XPMSSE with the esps disabled and the esp from 4.20 enabled.

I can neither confirm or deny the XPMSSE issue. I also ran into an issue where I couldn't load save files or start new games, it started after I upgraded to the most recent XPMSSE. Attempting either caused a nonstandard crash, IE normally SSE either freezes or disappears(CTD) with this issue it was a full crash complete with windows popup. Removing SMP, XPMSEE, SKEE, or the SKSE64UIextender did not fix the issue. What I eventually found was that the problem was caused by loose files left over form uninstalling mods with NMM. I backed up what I knew was important, my bodyslide/putfit studio projects, any meshes I had created, esps I had edited, and my PCEA2 folders, then used the "Purge Unmanaged Files" option in NMM. After it finished I had Steam "verify local files", to make sure NMM didn't slag something t wasn't supposed to, reinstalled SKSE64 and everything worked again.

Long and the short of it @Yoxgg04 try removing what you think is causing the problem if that doesn't fix the issue then remove anything you've added since the last time the game did work. If that doesn't solve the problem you have a larger issue and may want to try cleaning your install directory or flat out reinstalling. Either way I would recommend going back to XPMSSE 4.2 untill Groovesama says the new version is safe.

@Vyxenne

If you open your mesh in NifSkope can you see all 4 bones referenced in your xml or does it show only two? If NifSkope shows all 4 bones I would assume outfit studio is throwing an error. If NifSkope only shows 2 bones than your xml is wrong and you'll need to tinker with it or add the bones in with outfit studio.

If you choose to import them you should be able to get them from XPMSSE with outfit studio. Select the "labia" shape then go to the bones tab and right click on any bone, select "add" then "from skeleton". Then you want "NPC Root", "NOC COM", "CME Body", "CME LBody", "NPC Pelvis", "Genitals", "Pussy", "PussyXP", "NPC L Pussy01" and hit ok. Then do the same for "NPC R Pussy01", in theory they're static anchor bones so you don't have to weight paint them and your xml should just pick them up and go. But I haven't tested this personally, the sexlab alpha causes my SSE to immediately stack thrash, I just confirmed the steps worked in outfit studio before I shared them.

@Bluegunk

You may need to swap the <prenetration> tags in the cbbe xml to <penetration>, if you go back a few pages there is a discussion about them and when one tag should be used over another. Also in post #652 on page 27 I shared all the xmls I use, full physics and collisions, for CBBE on the most recent SSE, SKSE64, and SMP. Give the CBBE xml a try and see if it works any better.

55 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

LOL. You have said this in every post you've made here. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to give the impression that SMP isn't as good as HDT-PE. :classic_blink:

I must admit, though, that I, too have heard that... four or five times in the past four or five days... oh wait, those were all your posts... :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes:

Your posts are the only place I have seen that statement. On the other hand, I have seen several statements to the effect that SMP (Bullet) is inherently better than HDT-PE (Havok) was, although to be honest I did not follow the gobbledy-gook reasoning/explanation behind why or how it's better... it was a lot of technobabble. The truth is that I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter. HDT-PE worked great for me for years, and now HDT-SMP is working great for me alongside HDT-HH and life is good- thanks mostly to the people in this thread who ARE qualified to have an opinion. :classic_wub: I am not able to identify any way in which SMP is not every bit as good as HDT-PE from a user standpoint.

PS: Havok is not used with HDT-SMP, so I believe that you are 100% correct in your suspicion that "Havok Collision Object" plays no part in anything relating to SMP.

Hah! I'm the cup half empty guy!  :wine:

No seriously, some discussion back in 2017 (in LL https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71945-hdt-smp-hdt-pe-missconseptions-about-skyrim-physics/ ) fixed this in my mind due to these factors:

• SMP is more CPU hungry so pushing it to run on GPU will help, but then knobble graphics memory. Running it alongside ENB was difficult for lower spec machines.
  • SMP and hair mods? We're still on wigs, largely.  
  • Earlier versions required OpenGL but that is largely sorted now.
  • SMP requires NIF editing to improve the collision. (Now I might be hazy on this one...lol)

However I failed to notice:  "If you care about collisions, it's better at it than HDT-PE. It does collision detection with the triangles/vertices of a mesh rather than using primitive shapes like HDT-PE.  An example of this is having a long pony tail or cape correctly detect the body and accurately bounce off of it regardless of body size....https://www.vectorplexus.com/index.php?/topic/414-hdt-smp-released-for-skyrim-special-edition/ .  Looks like I am wrong, wrong, wrong!  :cold_sweat:

So, you are right to punch me in the face and tell me to shut up! ;)   I'm clearly showing my senility by preferring the old stuff (you know the joke: how many country singers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer: 10.  That's 1 to change the bulb, and 9 to sing about how good the old one was.)  That's me!  :elephant:

So,

"We drink to our youth, to days come and gone.
For the age of Havok's PE is just about done."   :beer:    (to the tune of a well known Skyrim song...)

And I promise I won't say anything about it any more!

23 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

@DarkFireTim Thanks- I have just one question before I go try to do this- is it safe to delete body parts that are valid but not used by a particular shape? Example- a skirt has the Breast bones in it for some reason even though there is no possibility that the breast bones will ever influence the skirt.

I'm asking because I have noticed that various shapes have absurdly un-useful bones in them... most shapes I've run into in OS have every possible UUNP body bone in them even though most of them are not weight-painted on that shape and in fact are far away from that shape.

Bones with no weight serve no purpose. You can get rid of extra bone by opening the mesh in nifskope spells>optimize>remove bogus nodes.

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Converting the mesh to my body shape by loading a new reference body into it and then deleting the included body removes all 80 (or 60) physics bones from the outfit. The Torso mesh shows 81 bones in NifSkope but 109 bones in Outfit Studio. It's just a complete mess and since the tools available to me can't even agree on how many bones this beautiful but $#@&$&^%*&)* -up outfit has, I quit- I simply don't have the skills to even begin to fix it.

The problem are those extra bones that are added for the physics. OS uses an XPMSSE skeleton as a template, any bone not in there will not get applied/transferred to the new mesh. What you could do is make a temporary XPMSSE+the extra bones template and then do your OS work. You have to pay close attention as to what node those extra bones are added. Also there's no guarantee that even if you successfully convert it, it might explode in game. I tried my hand at a few of those SMP outfits in oldrim and it always was a shitshow. It's probably something that needs to be done in max or blender...

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

PS: Havok is not used with HDT-SMP, so I believe that you are 100% correct in your suspicion that "Havok Collision Object" plays no part in anything relating to SMP.

Equipable "Havok  Collision Objects" are a relic of the past.

Totally replaced by proper xml linkages in the nif (or additionally  the defaultbbps for SMP ).:classic_happy:

22 minutes ago, t3h0th3r said:

Also there's no guarantee that even if you successfully convert it, it might explode in game. I tried my hand at a few of those SMP outfits in oldrim and it always was a shitshow. It's probably something that needs to be done in max or blender...

If you add the bones and update the Outfit Studio res\skellie, then

You will have ZERO shitshows, if done right. (am still on oldrim & SMP and is going smooth)

After so many OS-SMP projects with new bones, I can say that with 100% certainty.

39 minutes ago, t3h0th3r said:

My experiences are a bit dated, 3 years or so ago, OS couldn’t handle it, glad it works now. 

I started Skyrim about 1.5 years ago, and your BSL-HDT Piercings was one of the first things I got to enjoy ! :classic_smile:

Still use it!

Glad OS was handling that well back then and that you did all that for UUNP! :classic_happy:

Will be interesting to see how many more meshes we can add with SMP movement and collision in 64bitNewrim.

Oldrim you can do alot with a good PC, but not as much as I want.:classic_tongue:

Especially with 10 women, wigs, jewellery, outfits in the same room, lol , all with SMP.

@SassaAria

You sound like you know your way around outfit studio :tongue:, could you take a look at my advice to @Vyxenne in posts #862 and #876 and critique? In post #862 were trying to bypass the SSE limit of 80 bones per shape by separating a shape into multiple smaller shapes. While in post #876 were trying to add two anchor bones to our body mesh. In both cases I've looked up the process but haven't actually tried it myself, so I'd love someone with more experience chiming in on both or either project.

57 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

@SassaAria

You sound like you know your way around outfit studio :tongue:, could you take a look at my advice to @Vyxenne in posts #862 and #876 and critique? In post #862 were trying to bypass the SSE limit of 80 bones per shape by separating a shape into multiple smaller shapes. While in post #876 were trying to add two anchor bones to our body mesh. In both cases I've looked up the process but haven't actually tried it myself, so I'd love someone with more experience chiming in on both or either project.

LOL, you have great enthusiasm! :classic_happy:

Am in overload with modding at the moment.

LOL, so my tired eyes reading through lots of stuff and critiquing, they likely aren't up to it. 

I did scan post#876 quick.

Think the most important things you need to understand are:

- use lots of nitrishapes in each nif, and make them higher poly (doing both of those gives you so much more control for mesh deforms ).  Doing that, the 80 bone limit should  be a bad dream (LOL never actually counted all the bones.  But there are lots. ).

- SMP is about MESHES.  When you paint the weight of a bone on the mesh, you are actually establishing a "reaction strength" of the xml values for that bone.

Try 100 weight vs <10 weight on an area of mesh. 

Then play with the mass.  You'll be soon overwhelmed with options and differences.  Droopy bum for example, can totally do. 

- You can make any bone "alive" by painting a weight for it on any mesh you want.  So i wouldn't use the word static for things like NPC Pussy1.

It's what you make it.  You should have a pivot bone.  Maybe that's what some call static.  Think some called Kinematic.  I just call them pivot vs active bones.

Groovtama the XPMSE author did say that certain bones are meant to be used in certain ways.   Like stay away from CME bones.

I used one once anyway and it worked fine for SMP.

If you have any quicker specific questions I will try and help.

It is really nice to see all the energy now over here in the new SMP thread. :classic_happy:

Good luck!

3 hours ago, SassaAria said:

If you have any quicker specific questions I will try and help.

OK perhaps I may beg for help? Please?

I'm using the CBBE Body Special (Fetish 2 version) with HDT SMP, but I am disappointed on the hand/breast collisions. 

I use "Lifelike Idle Animation" I converted from Oldrim to SSE (works a treat). The range of idle hand movements should cause lift on both breasts at certain points.

Instead, both the hands and the forearms have a habit of passing through the breasts and collision sometimes happens as a twitch, usually does not happen at all.   :confused:

I've seen a tutorial of working with a body mesh in Outfit Studio to establish 'balls' of impact within the breasts.

(https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87146-a-picture-guide-to-accurate-collision-objects-in-hdt-smp/).

Please can you tell me: is this the right way to improve the CBBE body? I get the impression they designed this body for labia collision and BBP, and didn't really bother with breast collision. I'd like to improve this.  If I am correct, then I'll go off and have a tinker with this body. If I am not, please can you kick me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Update - DarkFireTim's XML has done the trick (next post)! But I'm still curious if I am on the right track.

17 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

@Bluegunk

You may need to swap the <prenetration> tags in the cbbe xml to <penetration>, if you go back a few pages there is a discussion about them and when one tag should be used over another. Also in post #652 on page 27 I shared all the xmls I use, full physics and collisions, for CBBE on the most recent SSE, SKSE64, and SMP. Give the CBBE xml a try and see if it works any better.

Thank you for this! I'll give it a try!

And tried it - it is just what In was looking for - thank you! Cheers!  :beer:    The collisions (especially breast) are excellent.

21 hours ago, Bluegunk said:

So, you are right to punch me in the face and tell me to shut up!

LOL! That seems to be an overly harsh characterization of my post! I meant no punching and I, perennial victim to my English Major background and the resultant chronic verbosity, would be the very last person on Nirn to tell anyone to shut up. :classic_rolleyes:

So thanks for the link to the 2017 discussion, and I think your mea culpa is unwarranted. Please accept a kiss on the nose in lieu of a punch. :classic_wub:

21 hours ago, t3h0th3r said:

You can get rid of extra bone by opening the mesh in nifskope spells>optimize>remove bogus nodes.

*head explodes*

OMG Thank youuuuuuuuuuu! I just reduced the bone counts in the @#$%^&*() Royal Elven Set SMP nif by approximately 1/3! Now if I can just figure out how to separate the 17-bone bodice area from the 81-bone skirt-and-bodice Torso shape I could get the damned Torso shape under 80 bones and stop the skirt from from stretching to infinity!

54 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Now if I can just figure out how to separate the 17-bone bodice area from the 81-bone skirt-and-bodice Torso shape I could get the damned Torso shape under 80 bones and stop the skirt from from stretching to infinity!

This may help?

Should be enough detail to get you through the main hiccups

Spoiler

Only one way to do that as I know it.

(1) Import this nif into blender.  Split the meshes into 2 separate parts.

(2) Go back to OS.  Load the original 81 bone mesh. 

(3) Via File>Import, bring in the 2 new separate parts as .OBJs.

(4) make partitions proper

(5) redo texture links

(6) using the orig81 bone mesh from (2) set the outfit part as reference.

(7) pick one of your new meshs, then go to bones tab and pick the bones you want for it, go back to mesh and copy selected weights

(8) do same for other.

(9) the rough part is you will likely have to first update the Outfit studio reference skeleton (res\"pick right skelli") with all the bones, which is really tedious, or your project will likely go to SHIT in game (just the way it is with Outfit Studio right now.  STill OS/BSL such an AMAZING tool :classic_heart:)

(10) conform for Bodyslide

(11) using nifskope you may have to edit nif to restore some of the shader flags

There's alot of mini-steps with this, but to type all that out is alot.

So hope these hightlights help.

@DarkFireTim  Vxyenne's question is more like what I can handle at this time.  Hope you didn't take offense to what i wrote earlier.  Really is so nice to see such enthusiasm. 

@Bluegunk  Great you got it!   Both Callisto & Kenzie ?  Great taste.:classic_smile:

4 hours ago, SassaAria said:

Great you got it!   Both Callisto & Kenzie

Kenzie? I'm lost there! But Callisto (and Xena) - those were the days...  :smile:  

On a wider question, I still have a significant FPS hit with HDT on interiors. I can understand busy interiors with NPCs, but an empty dungeon? Using Magic? 

To get over this I remove the HDT items on my character and the FPS lift is enough to keep HDT active rather than scrap it. It is certainly a big improvement since my January trial.

I've a busy game with Rudy ENB. It all seems to work fine but I wonder how folks think the memory side is progressing with HDT SMP, and if anyone has any tips I might have missed in improving FPS in the interiors while keeping my hair on!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

Kenzie? I'm lost there! But Callisto (and Xena) - those were the days...  :smile:  

Kenzi! From Lost Girl Series!

Accidentally saw it when my mouse went over your Avy.

So just went to your profile and took this screenshot.   That's Kenzi!

(Just recently watched Xena.   Show is dated but the characters are so good it's still so fun and good.)

Kenzie.thumb.JPG.1747fdc4f10614e753bb0c80fb660ab1.JPG

On a wider question, I still have a significant FPS hit with HDT on interiors. I can understand busy interiors with NPCs, but an empty dungeon? Using Magic? 

To get over this I remove the HDT items on my character and the FPS lift is enough to keep HDT active rather than scrap it. It is certainly a big improvement since my January trial.

I've a busy game with Rudy ENB. It all seems to work fine but I wonder how folks think the memory side is progressing with HDT SMP, and if anyone has any tips I might have missed in improving FPS in the interiors while keeping my hair on!

Thank you!

Assume you mean by HDT, you mean SMP?

HDT is just a short form for Hydrogen, the maker of these Physics mods.

So usually HDT-PE vs. HDT-SMP or just PE or SMP.

Do you have hands collision?

THAT's a killer for FPS.  Or it is for me in Oldrim.

Hands are right next to the body mesh.  Hard to deal with.

I made a special collision object with painted fingernails so i could equip when i wanted collision.

Go through and equip/unequip each item one at a time.  Including the body.

Sometimes you find a troublesome mesh/xml that is causing all the problems.

ENB is demanding with light stuff.

So those calcualtions plus SMP may strain your system all depending how strongish/newish your CPU/GPU are.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, DarkFireTim said:

If you open your mesh in NifSkope can you see all 4 bones referenced in your xml or does it show only two? If NifSkope shows all 4 bones I would assume outfit studio is throwing an error. If NifSkope only shows 2 bones than your xml is wrong and you'll need to tinker with it or add the bones in with outfit studio.

UUNP bodies only have 2 breast bones. So no, NifSkope doesn't show the extra 2 breast bones referenced in the xml. I suspect that the xml was converted from CBBE, which does have 4 breast bones, and whoever converted it simply forgot to disable the xml references. Thanks.

@SassaAria

No worries you were clear and in no way offensive I just didn't have anything specific to add or ask.

In reference to @Bluegunk and @SassaAria's discussion about SMP and fps. We know that SSE has issues with volumetric fog and godrays, it especially has issues if your running SSE on an nvidia gpu. This is part of why specifically for nvidia gpus the accepted standard is to have nvidia handle vsync/fps limit even tho in almost every other situation you want ENB to do it. I've found that, for whatever reason, this specific situation causes odd things to happen to SMP. The best example I can give was a scene just outside of a cave during a foggy day after I had killed a witch. The fog and godrays had my fps at about 30, which is abysmal considering my system but reasonable for this particular bug. The corpse was looted, and thus naked, on the ground and my SMP log was throwing errors left and right about shapes not existing and bones not being legit and every other thing under the sun. However even with the errors everything was working SMP wise and my system wasn't having any problems as far as I could tell. My system was running cool and my resource manager showed a steady usage of RAM, VRAM, GPU, and CPU, I even picked up the body and waved it around to make sure the physics and collisions were working properly. Confused I cleared the cave and when I came back out the weather had changed, no fog or godrays, low and behold all the SMP errors stopped and my fps was back to a stable 59.7. It could be coincidence, I haven't tested it expansively, but it happens to me often enough that I think we may be dealing with a bug of some kind.

58 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

@SassaAria

No worries you were clear and in no way offensive I just didn't have anything specific to add or ask.

Confused I cleared the cave and when I came back out the weather had changed, no fog or godrays, low and behold all the SMP errors stopped and my fps was back to a stable 59.7. It could be coincidence, I haven't tested it expansively, but it happens to me often enough that I think we may be dealing with a bug of some kind.

Did you see the body there and shake it about again when you came back out?

Those errors (actually warnings cos it still worked) are common in Oldrim.

But fixable with some reorganization. 

I got my log so there were typically none.

Does mean though you should change the SMP mesh to another unique name (not BaseShape nor UUNP).

In your case, it is odd the warnings were there and then not.  Like some internal reference was changed.

***EDIT:  Forgot to add. Things MAY be loaded up in Cell or in range, but you can't see that NPC, but is loaded anyway.  So that could be the changed internal reference.  It had nothing to do with the body you had picked up.

I don't have any hard data, but that's what I mean by ENB and light sources.

Soon as you add all these light altering things like fog and godrays, your system is now in overload.

Takes alot of calculating power.  Or that's the trend I started to see.

There is a point in every PC system that there are TOO many calls to the CPU and/or GPU.

Have had  the same effect with adding just one more SMP body to an already busy scene full of SMP stuff.

Take away that one extra SMP body and gain 20 fps.  It's like tipped over the limit.

Watching my GPU, i could see it was maxed out.

Honstly think, some of that particle stuff is really hard on system, then add SMP to it, and there can be FPS issues.

But maybe there is a bug?

More testing would be good to test variations.

14 hours ago, SassaAria said:

You just add the bones in OS to UUNP body.

They're in the XPMSE skellie.

So then UUNP can have all 3 breast bones.

*head spins* I'm sorry, but I am completely baffled by this.

1. Why would I want to add bones to the UUNP body, thereby rendering it non-standard, risking unintended consequences? What is the advantage of the extra bones?

2. My body currently has 2 breast bones- one left, one right. If I add two more in Outfit Studio, I would have 4. So I totally don't understand the phrase "So then UUNP can have 3 breast bones." 

5ae8795acaf60_3-boobsgirl.jpg.445a94960ff512dbbaeaadf6a30d6b64.jpg

Thanks for any clarification.

20 hours ago, SassaAria said:

This may help?

Should be enough detail to get you through the main hiccups

<High-level synopsis of a possible Blender solution>

I used to try to install Blender every couple of years or so, usually based on a tip such as the one you offered. Thank you for offering it.

However, it is not possible for me to get Blender to any state of usefulness on any computer that I own. It is not a "Download this, extract it and put it *there* then pound the executable and make miracles happen." It's more like a 17-step super-double-secret process that begins with "download this basic part of the package. Now, go somewhere else and do a Google search for some plugin that starts with a "P" and reminds you of a snake but when you get to the site it will ask you to pick one from a list of dozens of possible versions without any clue as to how to make that choice. Also, all of the guides we publish assume that you have somehow managed to get Blender up and running for Skyrim despite our attempts to conceal how, exactly, to do that, and also we assume that you already know how to use Blender so (like your mini-guide, dear SassaAria) we will write our guides under the assumption that you already know how to do what we will not allow any tutorials to be written to explain."

Blender is simply not an accessible tool for those of us who are not in the inner circle of 3D modeler elites. I have and use 3DS-Max 2015, Photoshop CS2, GIMP2, NifSkope, Creation Kit x86 and x64, Xedit, Outfit Studio and Bodyslide2. If I can't do what needs to be done with those tools than I simply can't do what needs to be done. Blender Schmender. Phooey.

TL; DR: Thanks, but I am not able to understand, much less follow, your Blender-centric guide. :classic_wub:

17 hours ago, SassaAria said:

ENB is demanding with light stuff.

So those calcualtions plus SMP may strain your system all depending how strongish/newish your CPU/GPU are.

Thanks for the info!  Of course, Kenzi! I'd forgotten I'd popped her there. Thanks for reminding me! (Senility creeping ever on...)   :classic_wacko:

Yes - SMP in the Skyrim SE game. When I tried SMP out in January it was incredibly slow in a busy environment indoors, or in a city. So I left it. I since launched a cleaned up game with much reduced scripting and initial string count and it has played much better. Also, Hydro has been improving the SMP system. The result is pretty good in game now. Outdoors my character can by fully SMP'd! I've a fairly strong system using a 980ti with bags of memory so it handles most things thrown at it.

But I was curious why the indoor environment causes me an FPS hit with HDT SMP goodies on the body. Removing the wig usually is enough to speed things back up.

During the night I remembered I run RLO for indoor lighting. So the additional point lighting / shadowing calcs may be loading the system. I'm going to experiment with turning that off later today. If it makes a real difference I'll consider swapping to another indoor lighting scheme, maybe ELE lite.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I have it all set up in MO2 so I can switch off HDT SMP with one click anyway.

Thank you for your help!

Update - swapped to ELE Lite and noticed some reasonable gains.

12 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

I haven't tested it expansively, but it happens to me often enough that I think we may be dealing with a bug of some kind.

Interesting. Thank you! I'll bear that in mind. I hate fog anyway (living in the UK I see far too much of it!!) so I usually console the weather to sunshine... :classic_smile: