4 hours ago, yanuage said:

my HDT-SMP always crash in RIFTEN...

in RIFTEN outdoor, my FPS run at 30-35 only and each time i enter in riften house from riften outdoor, my FPS decrease progressively to 0 where i'm stuck.

but if i load auto-save from entering, my FPS run at a normal 60 FPS for a small indoor.

i try to desactivate god ray and shadows, and i force v-sync on my nvdia setting.

but from what I've seen, it's the CPU that is overloaded, and none of what I'm doing on the video card affects the thing.

i don't think that my i5-7600k can't handle that... i've a good 60fps in markath in/outdoor; so i don't know what happen in Riften.

First you have to remember that while I've tested this on my system no one else has verified my findings so this is all still theory. With that said I would like to clarify some things and ask a few questions.  For now we'll stay with the Rfiten market as the testing area.

1. Is your SMP working in other areas? How many shapes do you usually have active? Have you confirmed that the shapes are colliding properly?

2. When your fps hits 0 can you still open menus, like your inventory and the system menu, and if you can does your fps come back while in the menu?

3. If you uninstall SMP does the problem with your fps go away? If it does what is your fps in the testing area with out SMP?

4. When you disabled all 3 (SMP, fog, and godrays) what was your fps in the testing area?

5. When you disabled only godrays what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

6. When you disabled only volumetric fog, or fog in general, what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

7. When you disabled both godrays and fog what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

8. If you have everything turned on (SMP, fog, and godrays) and you enter the test area 10 times how many times does the problem occur?

9. Are you using Windows 10 and if you are, is the service "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" enabled? If its enabled is this service running when you experience the problem?

How do you disable volumetric fog?

Spoiler
4 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

First you have to remember that while I've tested this on my system no one else has verified my findings so this is all still theory. With that said I would like to clarify some things and ask a few questions.  For now we'll stay with the Rfiten market as the testing area.

1. Is your SMP working in other areas? How many shapes do you usually have active? Have you confirmed that the shapes are colliding properly?

2. When your fps hits 0 can you still open menus, like your inventory and the system menu, and if you can does your fps come back while in the menu?

3. If you uninstall SMP does the problem with your fps go away? If it does what is your fps in the testing area with out SMP?

4. When you disabled all 3 (SMP, fog, and godrays) what was your fps in the testing area?

5. When you disabled only godrays what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

6. When you disabled only volumetric fog, or fog in general, what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

7. When you disabled both godrays and fog what effect did it have on your fps and your SMP shapes?

8. If you have everything turned on (SMP, fog, and godrays) and you enter the test area 10 times how many times does the problem occur?

9. Are you using Windows 10 and if you are, is the service "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" enabled? If its enabled is this service running when you experience the problem?

13 hours ago, srea said:

ok, i hesitated for this... but it's clearly worth it. i've now a capped 60 fps in Riften outdoor on ultra setting, from 30/35.

thanks

11 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

yes smp work well. even in riften before i enter in indoor zone it's work.

how can i know how many shape i have ? it's colliding, but i don't know if it's properly.

i use the special cbbe body with the smp pack.

it's hard to open menu if i wait real 0... but it's possible, and yes fps come back instantly, but down to 0 when i return to the game.

yes; without smp i've a  stable capped 60fps even in riften now... without any FPS stucking things.

how can i disable Fog ?

by the way, i'v a near stable 60 fps in Riften Market on ultra now, with smp... decreasing to 50 when i jump every where like a rabbit.

but near each time i enter in a Riften indoor, i ear my fan speeding up and i show my fps decrease to 0.

it's happen even when GodRay and enb are disable on low setting.

But if i load the auto-save from indoor, the problem disappear and i've 60fps with a fluid smp boucing.

after some testing i can reproduce the same bug in Whiterun but it's not each time like in Riften.

after some other testing, i can make the bug happen less often by removing some outfit package and keeping default cbbe body-slide physique outfit.

(Like this :https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16321)

edit : or not finally...

i'm on desktop pc, i don't see that service using cpu.

I will continue to invest when I have more time

10 minutes ago, R246 said:

The Windows 10 service is called TabletInputService; "Touch Keyoard and Handwriting Panel Service" is the description of it.

i found it, thanks. but on my desktop pc it have 0% average CPU consumption after playing or whatever i do.

after checking on the ressource monitor, the two things who taking resources during this bug is Skyrim and the resource monitor himself.

In it's current form, do you guys feel it's worth it to install SMP?  I'm not exactly seasoned, but I know enough and can find the resources to understand enough to troubleshoot things if (when) things go wrong.  Do you feel that it's passed alpha just yet?

4 minutes ago, anon2424 said:

In it's current form, do you guys feel it's worth it to install SMP?

No. Never power up your computer again. That is all.

I would guess most people in here who downloaded this the nanosecond it went live are still using it. Asking that question in a thread that is obviously pro SMP is likely to yield echo chamber results. I say "yes".

32 minutes ago, R246 said:

No. Never power up your computer again. That is all.

I would guess most people in here who downloaded this the nanosecond it went live are still using it. Asking that question in a thread that is obviously pro SMP is likely to yield echo chamber results. I say "yes".

I'd weed through the "YESSSOMGLOLZJIGGLE" responses for the more tempered and informative ones. Those who offer a more detailed "no" for example I'd read more thoroughly.  There are ways around the echo chamber.  Thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, anon2424 said:

In it's current form, do you guys feel it's worth it to install SMP?

YESSSOMGLOLZJIGGLE :classic_tongue:

I'm getting hair (wig,) earrings, amulets, breasts, butt and belly physics and collisions that seem much more realistic to me than any other physics solution for SE. I don't yet have vagina physics and collision, but others have done it so it's apparently possible. Just not for me yet.

Here is what SMP Physics in its current form has done for me. :classic_biggrin:

There were some jitters at first, as you can see in this vignette. :classic_blink:

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I'm getting hair (wig,) earrings, amulets, breasts, butt and belly physics and collisions that seem much more realistic to me than any other physics solution for SE. I don't yet have vagina physics and collision, but others have done it so it's apparently possible. Just not for me yet.

There were some jitters at first, as you can see in this vignette. :classic_blink:

Looks good.

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Dose your HDT smp wigs ever unequipped by themselves ? Is there a specific reason for this ?

If anyone doesn't mind. I could use your help. I'm using CBBE the latest version and I'm having trouble getting the collisions to work with the SOS light Tempered Skin version. \

The HDT-SMP log comes out like this. Fri May  4 21:56:36 2018]WARNING: SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\CBBE.xml(281,2):Labia is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped

Could someone please help me adjust this.. It's driving me nuts. I've downloaded the xml files from CBBE page on nexus and I can't seem to get the collisions for the labia and the schlong to work properly. 

2 hours ago, DykkenTomb said:

If anyone doesn't mind. I could use your help. I'm using CBBE the latest version and I'm having trouble getting the collisions to work with the SOS light Tempered Skin version. \

The HDT-SMP log comes out like this. Fri May  4 21:56:36 2018]WARNING: SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\CBBE.xml(281,2):Labia is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped

Could someone please help me adjust this.. It's driving me nuts. I've downloaded the xml files from CBBE page on nexus and I can't seem to get the collisions for the labia and the schlong to work properly. 

If you or any NPC in the same cell have outfit that with body other than CBBE Special, you going to get that warning.

All outfits either built against default body or against CBBE Physics body. Any of these don't have Labia

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I'm getting hair (wig,) earrings, amulets, breasts, butt and belly physics and collisions that seem much more realistic to me than any other physics solution for SE.

Out of curiosity, has anyone done any work on equipment?  I.e. sheathed swords, bows/quivers/shields on back, that kind of thing?

About the hair.  The videos are definitely impressive.  But is "wigs" going to be the end of it, or will there ever be a point at which actual selected character hair will have SMP functionality?  Of course if wigs is how SMP has to work then it's how it has to work and that's all there is to it, but having to manage a meta object like a wig in your inventory and groups, etc is kind of...less elegant a solution, compared to just choosing your hair in character selection and it just working.

For those who asked how to disable fog you have to mod it out, I use these 4 mods depending on what I'm trying to test

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11288

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4298

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58212

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11983

@yanuage

Based on your responses I am reasonably confidant that you are not dealing with the negative interaction I may have found. Most likely your dealing with one or more shapes getting stuck and burning up all your systems processing power trying to calculate what it means to do the physically impossible. Assuming I'm am correct this means "all" you have to do is adjust the variables and collision tags in your SMP shape xmls. I would start by adding

<no-collide-with-tag>"shape you want to turn collisons off"</no-collide-with-tag>

to all your SMP shapes for every other SMP shape, disabling collisions entirely and see if that resolves the problem. If it does then I would remove the tags you added, turning collisions back on one by one, until you find the shape, or shapes, causing the problem. Once you know what interaction is the issue you can either disable its collisions, which will resolve the issue but remove the collision effect, or you can adjust its variables to see if you can fix it. If you decide to adjust the variables you'll want to start with the variables

<margin>"insert value"</margin>
<prenetration>"insert value"</prenetration>
<penetration>"insert value"</penetration>

as they are, at least in my experience, the most likely to cause or fix this particular problem.

Oh, and the reason I asked about TabletInputService or "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service", depending on how your system identifies it, is that particular service in Windows 10 causes issues with certain games, SSE among them, when they read .dll files. It most often crops up with sound .dll files but it has been reported to effect all areas. If its not active when you have a problem you can ignore it.

@DykkenTomb

Have you double checked the shape names and made sure all the xmls are pointing to the right shapes and bones? My copy of "SOS light Tempered Skin" gave each version of the schlong its own unique shape name, "MaleGenitals Average" as an example, and none of them are the shape name used in the "MaleGenitals" xml that came with the CBBE SMP xmls. For anyone who converted the Futa SOS shapes from Oldrim you'll want to check this as well, the CBBE xml references shape "MaleGenitals" and the B3lisario's Futa SOS is named "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT".

3 hours ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

I asked Jeir (Caliente) about this and it's a kind of default line that appears when armour is equipped.  It's a red herring and can be ignored.

I found the CBBE XML files supplied on the Caliente page were not that sensitive for collisions. Perhaps someone on this thread can provide more 'adventurous' ones?!

4 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

For those who asked how to disable fog you have to mod it out, I use these 4 mods depending on what I'm trying to test

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11288

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4298

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58212

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11983

@yanuage

Based on your responses I am reasonably confidant that you are not dealing with the negative interaction I may have found. Most likely your dealing with one or more shapes getting stuck and burning up all your systems processing power trying to calculate what it means to do the physically impossible. Assuming I'm am correct this means "all" you have to do is adjust the variables and collision tags in your SMP shape xmls. I would start by adding

<no-collide-with-tag>"shape you want to turn collisons off"</no-collide-with-tag>

to all your SMP shapes for every other SMP shape, disabling collisions entirely and see if that resolves the problem. If it does then I would remove the tags you added, turning collisions back on one by one, until you find the shape, or shapes, causing the problem. Once you know what interaction is the issue you can either disable its collisions, which will resolve the issue but remove the collision effect, or you can adjust its variables to see if you can fix it. If you decide to adjust the variables you'll want to start with the variables

<margin>"insert value"</margin>
<prenetration>"insert value"</prenetration>
<penetration>"insert value"</penetration>

as they are, at least in my experience, the most likely to cause or fix this particular problem.

Oh, and the reason I asked about TabletInputService or "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service", depending on how your system identifies it, is that particular service in Windows 10 causes issues with certain games, SSE among them, when they read .dll files. It most often crops up with sound .dll files but it has been reported to effect all areas. If its not active when you have a problem you can ignore it.

@DykkenTomb

Have you double checked the shape names and made sure all the xmls are pointing to the right shapes and bones? My copy of "SOS light Tempered Skin" gave each version of the schlong its own unique shape name, "MaleGenitals Average" as an example, and none of them are the shape name used in the "MaleGenitals" xml that came with the CBBE SMP xmls. For anyone who converted the Futa SOS shapes from Oldrim you'll want to check this as well, the CBBE xml references shape "MaleGenitals" and the B3lisario's Futa SOS is named "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT".

How to I replace the schlong in the XML file. That's my concern. What area do I place it if you don't mind me asking?

8 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

@yanuage

i will try that soon i've the time to make a more clean install folder for testing correctly.

thanks for your advices.

13 hours ago, DykkenTomb said:

i've do noting but installing special CBBE body, sos light SE, and the cbbe smp pack (you have penis and labia xml on that),

and i've seen the physic work on some sex lab anim (not all) but that not perfect, it's collide strangely some time.

edit : i checked and finally it don't seem the sos collide with the cbbe... on some anim, movement do the illusion.

the labia warning is "normal".

it's when you declare "labia" bone as part of your body in xml, but you wear an outfit with cbbe body who haven't the labia.

if you wan't to see if your labia work, you can try to  crouching... mine applaud.

17 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Is there a guide or something to make this work for UNPB body?

8 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

I found this effects a lot of games from Ubisoft like The Division, and Wildlands causing a full system lock up.

2 hours ago, DykkenTomb said:

How to I replace the schlong in the XML file. That's my concern. What area do I place it if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, my bad. With the stuff you've made I assumed you knew. Teach me to assume and all that. No I don't mind you asking at all, I'll take the opportunity to go into some detail for anyone else who comes along later with questions.

Spoiler

Ok, for this project you have a few options as to how you want to do things that will vary in complexity and flexibility. Also you're gonna need to work with 3 locations; the shape area of your xml, the defaultbbp's xml, and the nif itself. You can pretty much use whatever tools you want but I recommend having at least notepad++, nifskope, and outfit studio.

Option 1 - Import the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, into outfit studio, you'll need to do this for both the _0 and _1 versions, right mouse click on the schlong shape, it should be called malegenital something, select rename and change the name to whatever the shape in your xml references. If your using the default CBBE SMP files it should be "MaleGenitals". That's it your done. This method is simple and you don't need to mess with any xmls but it doesn't allow for much verity, if you use multiple schlong shapes, and will need to be redone every time you update the nif. Also in the event something else references the schlong shape you'll need to change it as well otherwise things will break.

Option 2 - Import the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, into Outfit studio and check the name of the schlong shape. Now open your schlong xml, if your using the CBBE SMP xmls it should be called "MaleGenitals" in the SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder, near the bottom will be a block of text that looks something like this

<per-vertex-shape name="MaleGenitals">
		<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>Genitals</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>collisionThigh</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>MaleHands</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>armscoll</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>MaleBody</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>hands</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>Malehands</no-collide-with-tag>
		<no-collide-with-tag>penis</no-collide-with-tag>
		<weight-threshold bone="NPC GenitalsScrotum [GenScrot]">2.0</weight-threshold>
		<weight-threshold bone="NPC GenitalsBase [GenBase]">2.0</weight-threshold>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to whatever the schlong in your nif is called. Now open your "defaultBBPs" xml and find this line

<map shape="MaleGenitals" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\MaleGenitals.xml"/>

change the "MaleGenitals" to whatever the schlong in your nif is called. Make sure you changed both instances of "MaleGenitals" to be the same thing and you're done. This method is simple but it doesn't allow for much verity, if you use multiple schlong shapes, and will need to be redone every time you update your SMP xmls. Also you'll have to double check any new schlong mods you install and change their shape names to match your xmls otherwise they wont work.

Option 3 - This one is a bit more complicated so I'll be using an example. Specifically I'll be working with "B3lisario UNP Addon v0.9", the futa SOS add on, so you can see an example of what I'm talking about with each step. First open your schlong nif, in my case its "malegenitalsf_1", and find the name of your schlong shape. For me its "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT". Next navigate to your schlong xml, if your using the CBBE SMP xmls like I am it should be called "MaleGenitals" in the SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder, and make a copy of it in the same folder. Rename the copy in a way that tells you what it is so you can find it later, I'm going to call mine "B3lisarioUNPschlong". At the bottom of the new xml you'll find a block of text that looks like this

<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to the name of your schlong shape. In my case it now looks like this

<per-vertex-shape name="MaleGenitalsHD_HDT">
		<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

Next open the "defaultBBPs" xml, inside it should look something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<default-bbps>
	<map shape="CBBE" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\CBBE.xml"/>
	<map shape="Feet" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Feet.xml"/>
	<map shape="Hands" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Hands.xml"/>
	<map shape="FemaleHead" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\HeadFemale.xml"/>
	<map shape="MaleBody" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\MaleBody.xml"/>
	<map shape="MaleHead" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\HeadMale.xml"/>
	<map shape="MaleHands" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\MaleHands.xml"/>
	<map shape="MaleGenitals" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\MaleGenitals.xml"/>
	<map shape="penis" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\penis.xml"/>
	<map shape="Boner" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Boner.xml"/>
	<map shape="Gloves" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Gloves.xml"/>
	<map shape="GlovesLow" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\GlovesLow.xml"/>
	<map shape="Gauntlets" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Gauntlets.xml"/>
</default-bbps>

Copy the line with <map shape="MaleGenitals" then paste the copy at the bottom so it now looks something like this

<default-bbps>
	<map shape="FemaleHead" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\HeadFemale.xml"/>
	<map shape="MaleHands" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\MaleHands.xml"/>
	<map shape="GlovesLow" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\GlovesLow.xml"/>
	<map shape="Gauntlets" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\Gauntlets.xml"/>
</default-bbps>

Now change the new line replacing the "MaleGenitals" with your schlong shape, in my case "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT", and the file with your new xml, in my case "B3lisarioUNPschlong.xml". Now it should look something like this

<default-bbps>
	<map shape="MaleGenitalsHD_HDT" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\B3lisarioUNPschlong.xml"/>
</default-bbps>

save your new xml and the changes to "defaultBBPs" and your done. With this method you'll have to correct your "defaultBBPs" xml every time you update or download new SMP configs but that's the only thing you'll have to fix. Also with this setup you can have different physics and collision settings for each type of schlong you have, just repeat the steps for each type of schlong you install. This can be helpful if you have multiple schlong types with wildly different shapes. Very helpful if you use any of the bestiality or monster sex mods.

Option 4 - Open the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, in Nifskope and check the name of the schlong shape. The easiest way is by clicking on the schlong, this will highlight it and open the window on the left to the correct "BStriShape". Your schlong's shape name will be on the highlighted line in the value column. Leave nifskope open, you'll be coming back to it in a second. Next navigate to your schlong xml and make a copy of it, then paste that copy into the same folder as your schlong nif. You should change the name of your new xml to match your schlong nif, but you don't have to. Open your new xml and find the block of text near the bottom that looks like this

<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to the same shape name from your nif and save it. Now go back to your Nifskope window and right click on your schlong's "BSTriShape", select "node" and "Attach Extra Data" then "NiStringExtraData". Now you should have two lines in the bottom window "Name" and "String Data", right click on "String Data" and select "Edit String Index" this will open a new window. Type in the directory for your new xml, it should be something like "Meshes\actors\character\character assets\SOS\MaleGenitals.xml", and click okay then save your nif and your done. This method is best used when your creating a mod as it lets you create and package a self contained mod that won't need much, if any, work on your users part to set up. As a user however you'll have to re-add the "NiStringExtraData" to the nif every time you update or reinstall the nif, which can be a pain.

18 hours ago, Yoxgg04 said:

Dose your HDT smp wigs ever unequipped by themselves ? Is there a specific reason for this ?

No, this never happens. Spontaneous unequipping is not a known symptom of anything related to SMP as far as I know. Although I certainly don't understand all of the technical underpinnings of SMP, I do not believe that it is even possible for SMP to force-unequip an item.

12 hours ago, codylowey said:

About the hair.  (...) is "wigs" going to be the end of it, or will there ever be a point at which actual selected character hair will have SMP functionality? (...) having to manage a meta object like a wig in your inventory and groups, etc is kind of...less elegant a solution, compared to just choosing your hair in character selection and it just working.

Given the choice between wigs and Racmenu (character creation) hair, I would choose wigs, for these reasons:

• I can give followers physics-enabled wigs; I can't easily give them physics-enabled character-creation hairdos
  • Counting SkyUI and AH Hotkeys, I have 17 outfit EquipSets. I can put a different hairstyle and/or color in each set with wigs- but not with RM hair
  • If I'm running close to the limit of what my system can handle (low fps, micro-stutters) I can instantly restore a playable framerate by unequipping my SMP wig

It would be great to have the choice, but I'm very glad that we have wigs instead of character-creation hairdos as a first step.

3 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

Oh, my bad. With the stuff you've made I assumed you knew. Teach me to assume and all that. No I don't mind you asking at all, I'll take the opportunity to go into some detail for anyone else who comes along later with questions.

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, for this project you have a few options as to how you want to do things that will vary in complexity and flexibility. Also you're gonna need to work with 3 locations; the shape area of your xml, the defaultbbp's xml, and the nif itself. You can pretty much use whatever tools you want but I recommend having at least notepad++, nifskope, and outfit studio.

Option 1 - Import the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, into outfit studio, you'll need to do this for both the _0 and _1 versions, right mouse click on the schlong shape, it should be called malegenital something, select rename and change the name to whatever the shape in your xml references. If your using the default CBBE SMP files it should be "MaleGenitals". That's it your done. This method is simple and you don't need to mess with any xmls but it doesn't allow for much verity, if you use multiple schlong shapes, and will need to be redone every time you update the nif. Also in the event something else references the schlong shape you'll need to change it as well otherwise things will break.

Option 2 - Import the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, into Outfit studio and check the name of the schlong shape. Now open your schlong xml, if your using the CBBE SMP xmls it should be called "MaleGenitals" in the SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder, near the bottom will be a block of text that looks something like this

<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to whatever the schlong in your nif is called. Now open your "defaultBBPs" xml and find this line

change the "MaleGenitals" to whatever the schlong in your nif is called. Make sure you changed both instances of "MaleGenitals" to be the same thing and you're done. This method is simple but it doesn't allow for much verity, if you use multiple schlong shapes, and will need to be redone every time you update your SMP xmls. Also you'll have to double check any new schlong mods you install and change their shape names to match your xmls otherwise they wont work.

Option 3 - This one is a bit more complicated so I'll be using an example. Specifically I'll be working with "B3lisario UNP Addon v0.9", the futa SOS add on, so you can see an example of what I'm talking about with each step. First open your schlong nif, in my case its "malegenitalsf_1", and find the name of your schlong shape. For me its "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT". Next navigate to your schlong xml, if your using the CBBE SMP xmls like I am it should be called "MaleGenitals" in the SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder, and make a copy of it in the same folder. Rename the copy in a way that tells you what it is so you can find it later, I'm going to call mine "B3lisarioUNPschlong". At the bottom of the new xml you'll find a block of text that looks like this

<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to the name of your schlong shape. In my case it now looks like this

<per-vertex-shape name="MaleGenitalsHD_HDT">
		<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

Next open the "defaultBBPs" xml, inside it should look something like this

<default-bbps>
</default-bbps>

Copy the line with <map shape="MaleGenitals" then paste the copy at the bottom so it now looks something like this

<default-bbps>
</default-bbps>

Now change the new line replacing the "MaleGenitals" with your schlong shape, in my case "MaleGenitalsHD_HDT", and the file with your new xml, in my case "B3lisarioUNPschlong.xml". Now it should look something like this

<default-bbps>
	<map shape="MaleGenitalsHD_HDT" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\B3lisarioUNPschlong.xml"/>
</default-bbps>

save your new xml and the changes to "defaultBBPs" and your done. With this method you'll have to correct your "defaultBBPs" xml every time you update or download new SMP configs but that's the only thing you'll have to fix. Also with this setup you can have different physics and collision settings for each type of schlong you have, just repeat the steps for each type of schlong you install. This can be helpful if you have multiple schlong types with wildly different shapes. Very helpful if you use any of the bestiality or monster sex mods.

Option 4 - Open the malebody nif, if your using SOS light or the schlong nif if your using SOS full, in Nifskope and check the name of the schlong shape. The easiest way is by clicking on the schlong, this will highlight it and open the window on the left to the correct "BStriShape". Your schlong's shape name will be on the highlighted line in the value column. Leave nifskope open, you'll be coming back to it in a second. Next navigate to your schlong xml and make a copy of it, then paste that copy into the same folder as your schlong nif. You should change the name of your new xml to match your schlong nif, but you don't have to. Open your new xml and find the block of text near the bottom that looks like this

<margin>0.12</margin>
		<tag>Genitals</tag>
	</per-vertex-shape>

change the "MaleGenitals" to the same shape name from your nif and save it. Now go back to your Nifskope window and right click on your schlong's "BSTriShape", select "node" and "Attach Extra Data" then "NiStringExtraData". Now you should have two lines in the bottom window "Name" and "String Data", right click on "String Data" and select "Edit String Index" this will open a new window. Type in the directory for your new xml, it should be something like "Meshes\actors\character\character assets\SOS\MaleGenitals.xml", and click okay then save your nif and your done. This method is best used when your creating a mod as it lets you create and package a self contained mod that won't need much, if any, work on your users part to set up. As a user however you'll have to re-add the "NiStringExtraData" to the nif every time you update or reinstall the nif, which can be a pain.

This is brilliant! So well-written that even *I* can understand it! I'm off to fix my schlong. So to speak. I mean, I don't really even have a schlo... Never mind.

Thanks for this, it should be stickied here and on the SoS pages. Since that's not happening, I've made a copy and saved it locally. :heart: