40 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

the CK is only one tool (and not a good one at that), we use many programs to do the things that we do.

I can see why it's not good after how many crashes I've had on it today. While I've got your attention though is it alright if I pick your brain on this something else?

I'm following your guide on how to put dicks on other creatures and I'm stuck on the scaling/positioning step. I've got the dick attached to the right bones but it's not going anywhere nor is it scaling. Any clue on what's causing it to jam?image.png.fe2268a7a5422f483917e469285658aa.png

1 hour ago, SharHyena said:

I'm following your guide on how to put dicks on other creatures and I'm stuck on the scaling/positioning step. I've got the dick attached to the right bones but it's not going anywhere nor is it scaling. Any clue on what's causing it to jam?

the newer NifSkopes don't do live updates, you need to click on transform\apply to see any changes (or so i'm told, i can't run the newer versions)

1 hour ago, Voldearag said:

I didn't know you made a guide for that! This is suddenly exactly what I need.

1 hour ago, SharHyena said:

Yeah I thought that at first but when I hit apply it'd do nothing. I'll keep finagling though

sadly my guide is a bit out of date, and there may be other information you need to know, Eg: some posts in a FO4 thread:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73458-creature-penises/?do=findComment&comment=2314580

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73458-creature-penises/?do=findComment&comment=2314950

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73458-creature-penises/?do=findComment&comment=2315041

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73458-creature-penises/?do=findComment&comment=2315922

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Got it done, yeah your guide wasn't the problem it was something gone fugly in my install which I dunno how it happened. Reinstalled Nifscope and it adjusted just fine. 

However, having a bitch of a time trying to export .nif files so I could get a tail hole on this sassy boy. Blender just isn't having it but will import .nif just fineimage.png.e4e630cef9c396edb4007bb7939ae857.png

2 hours ago, SharHyena said:

Got it done, yeah your guide wasn't the problem it was something gone fugly in my install which I dunno how it happened. Reinstalled Nifscope and it adjusted just fine. 

However, having a bitch of a time trying to export .nif files so I could get a tail hole on this sassy boy. Blender just isn't having it but will import .nif just fine.

Ask Bad Dog about it, he knows his way around working with nifs in Blender and should be able to help you with it.

Otherwise, where did you get that mesh? I'd like to check it out for, huh, research purposes, if it's possible :classic_rolleyes:.

28 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Ask Bad Dog about it, he knows his way around working with nifs in Blender and should be able to help you with it.

Otherwise, where did you get that mesh? I'd like to check it out for, huh, research purposes, if it's possible :classic_rolleyes:.

Oh shit, I should have linked it.

The dicky came off of MadMansGuns

And the model came from here http://shockyy.tumblr.com/post/172138839489/tera-hounds-download-not-followers-because-i

If you do mod it, would you do me a huge favor and add a tailhole on? My attempt seems to have failed. I can even give you the model I'm using as well as the modded model I was working on

20180911234959_1.jpg

5 hours ago, SharHyena said:

Oh shit, I should have linked it.

The dicky came off of MadMansGuns

And the model came from here http://shockyy.tumblr.com/post/172138839489/tera-hounds-download-not-followers-because-i

If you do mod it, would you do me a huge favor and add a tailhole on? My attempt seems to have failed. I can even give you the model I'm using as well as the modded model I was working on

Thanks for the link, will check it out later. And as much as I'd like to "give that sassy boy a tailhole" (that's a great quote, lol), I'm afraid it's out of my current skills. You'll have to talk to MadMansGun and/or Bad Dog for that, sexualizing creatures is an important part of their portfolio :classic_rolleyes:.

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Took me a while to get it, lol. I guess I'm dense today.

Still, AFAIK Bad Dog is mostly cool with it as long as nothing else relevant is going on in the thread and it doesn't get too out of hand, so don't worry about it.

18 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it's working out well so far :classic_tongue::

ScreenShot1103.JPG

So that looks good. Is it the greaves mod? They must be giving the greaves a new armor slot rather than calling them feet. (Unless you made changes.) What do people think about this? Does it scratch the itch for boots, an itch I obviously do not feel?

As for tailholes, what are you trying to accomplish. (I mean, beyond the obvious.) Since such tailholes are clenched shut most of the time, putting them into the mesh is usually not worth it. If you want them to un-clench to, uh, accept the inevitable, then you're talking HDT and collisions and extra bones and the whole thing is more complicated.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

So that looks good. Is it the greaves mod? They must be giving the greaves a new armor slot rather than calling them feet. (Unless you made changes.) What do people think about this? Does it scratch the itch for boots, an itch I obviously do not feel?

Greaves Only replaces the vanilla boots entirely and includes human feet in the nifs, but Greaves and Legwraps does include the greaves as separate items that take up Slot 56, and that's probably what MMG used in the pic.

I'm pretty sure the former simply pasted the feet meshes onto the latter's meshes and turned them into boot replacers, and that's kinda what we would have to do here (buth with the paws and talons instead of human feet, obviously). Otherwise, you could simply add the greave AAs to the corresponding vanilla boot records, but that would make the boots incompatible with anything else that uses slot 56 (I bet nise's bikini mods use it), so I'd say it's better to avoid that strategy.

As for tailholes, what are you trying to accomplish. (I mean, beyond the obvious.) Since such tailholes are clenched shut most of the time, putting them into the mesh is usually not worth it. If you want them to un-clench to, uh, accept the inevitable, then you're talking HDT and collisions and extra bones and the whole thing is more complicated.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure HDT-enabled bits on creatures is a no-go. It's only been done on dragons so far, and it's very wonky, so while it can't be ruled out completely, it's very unlikely.

That being said, static bits is better than no bits at all. Looking at the meshes, there's even a "skirt" that's part of the armor that would totally get in the way, and would need to be removed (or be given another hole like the one it has for the tail). Seems like there is an actual (neutered) body mesh under the armor piece, though, so it should be feasible to add the missing bits to it.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Honestly the greaves are a perfect solution. It'll offset any armors from looking top-heavy plus not touch the feet

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Thanks for the link, will check it out later. And as much as I'd like to "give that sassy boy a tailhole" (that's a great quote, lol), I'm afraid it's out of my current skills. You'll have to talk to MadMansGun and/or Bad Dog for that, sexualizing creatures is an important part of their portfolio :classic_rolleyes:.

Took me a while to get it, lol. I guess I'm dense today.

Still, AFAIK Bad Dog is mostly cool with it as long as nothing else relevant is going on in the thread and it doesn't get too out of hand, so don't worry about it.

Yeah no worries lol. I'll probably send it to Guns later

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Greaves Only replaces the vanilla boots entirely and includes human feet in the nifs, but Greaves and Legwraps does include the greaves as separate items that take up Slot 56, and that's probably what MMG used in the pic.

no, in this case i copied the Argonian feet onto the "Greaves Only" dragon scale boots.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

no, in this case i copied the Argonian feet onto the "Greaves Only" dragon scale boots.

I remember when I was dicking around with the armor and boots weren't showing up, the shins on Bad-Dog's legs wouldn't show up. Think something can be done to exploit that and put the greaves there?

44 minutes ago, SharHyena said:

I remember when I was dicking around with the armor and boots weren't showing up, the shins on Bad-Dog's legs wouldn't show up. Think something can be done to exploit that and put the greaves there?

yes, it looks like the assets from "Greaves and Legwraps" can be used in that way.

it should be possible to adapt the meshes and change the flags for YA.