2 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

Quick question but how would I make a bodyslide preset more inline with the unp hand placement?

If you use one of the existing UUNP presets as a base (with a few exceptions***) and don't touch any slider that alters the wrists or ankles, you should be good to go. But don't mix preset shape sliders, as those screw up the seams.

So, basically select one of the default "UUNP - *body name*" presets you like as a base and then use the sliders that don't have UUNP in their name to refine the shape.

***-> Presets that are known to not match the UNP wrist and ankle seams: 7B Bombshell (other 7B ones should be good), Dream Girl, any preset with "Oppai" in the name (except for maybe 7BO). There are probably more but these are the ones I know.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

If you use one of the existing UUNP presets as a base (with a few exceptions***) and don't touch any slider that alters the wrists or ankles, you should be good to go. But don't mix preset shape sliders, as those screw up the seams.

So, basically select one of the default "UUNP - *body name*" presets you like as a base and then use the sliders that don't have UUNP in their name to refine the shape.

***-> Presets that are known to not match the UNP wrist and ankle seams: 7B Bombshell (other 7B ones should be good), Dream Girl, any preset with "Oppai" in the name (except for maybe 7BO). There are probably more but these are the ones I know.

Alright, I'm planning to edit the Seductress preset since at low weight there is a big gap 

5 hours ago, IGotBored said:

Alright, I'm planning to edit the Seductress preset since at low weight there is a big gap 

I wouldn't count on it. I haven't checked that preset, but if it has gaps at low weights with the YA/UNP seams then I'm 99% sure it either:

• Uses one of the presets with the wrong seams (my previous post has a short list with examples) OR
  • Uses 2 or more of the "UUNP - *****" sliders at the same time.

And neither of those can be fixed without heavy manual editing of the low weight body mesh to match the normal seams (assuming you want to keep the body shape as close to the preset as possible).

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I wouldn't count on it. I haven't checked that preset, but if it has gaps at low weights with the YA/UNP seams then I'm 99% sure it either:

• Uses one of the presets with the wrong seams (my previous post has a short list with examples) OR
  • Uses 2 or more of the "UUNP - *****" sliders at the same time.

And neither of those can be fixed without heavy manual editing of the low weight body mesh to match the normal seams (assuming you want to keep the body shape as close to the preset as possible).

Ok I'm back *Inhales* Fuck classes! It would seem that the seductress preset is using two uunp sliders so ill see if putting them at a zero fixes it. 

Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Maybe when the current version is done.

I've finished the males: new textures, tails, feet, and hair. Had to make the hair textures, and some of the stuff KK had didn't seem to work as designed. Either I didn't understand it or she was in the middle of things. Anyway, it's pretty much working now.

Females just need their hair done, everything else is done already. But it's like 20 different styles so it's not quick.

Then I have to distribute the new hair over original skyrim hair styles. Right now it's the khajiit hair repeated over and over. Also I don't want to give everybody all the same hair--manes for example can go on lykaios and sabrelions but I think no other races. The mohawk is used as a bandit style in the base game but KK's is tidy and has braids, so it could be used as a more civilized style. Etc etc.

Oh crap, and beards. And scars. And all the rest of the stuff on my list. But everything will be faster than these Lykaios.

Also took some time to see if I could work up python scripts to help with the conversion to and from blender. I have something that mostly works in both directions. So that may speed things up a bit, or at least remove some of the tedium.

21 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

I have a question about the future of this mod and SE. Once the SE version comes out will LE and SE update together or will the updates for LE stop? Just wondering since I've seen a few mods stop updating the LE version once SE came out and was wondering if this would follow the same path.

I really hope LE still gets any new updates after 5.0 (if there's any). Mods can be ported from LE to SE but not the other way around, and since most tools require you to work on LE and then port the assets to SE, it's only logical to work on LE altogether and simply port any new assets to SE and resave the plugin(s) with the SE CK afterwards to update the SE version.

Just my two cents, though; Bad Dog would be the one to confirm this or not.

28 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I really hope LE still gets any new updates after 5.0 (if there's any). Mods can be ported from LE to SE but not the other way around, and since most tools require you to work on LE and then port the assets to SE, it's only logical to work on LE altogether and simply port any new assets to SE and resave the plugin(s) with the SE CK afterwards to update the SE version.

Just my two cents, though; Bad Dog would be the one to confirm this or not.

I would like to ask your opinion on SE. Do you think it's worth switching to SE? I've thought about it which for now the answer is no and when Yiffy's SE comes out the answer switches to maybe.

I will say that I haven't kept up with the state of SE so I really don't have too much of an idea of how much is actually on SE

6 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

I would like to ask your opinion on SE. Do you think it's worth switching to SE? I've thought about it which for now the answer is no and when Yiffy's SE comes out the answer switches to maybe.

I will say that I haven't kept up with the state of SE so I really don't have too much of an idea of how much is actually on SE

Tried the game again roughly a month ago, maybe less.

• Still looks like shit to me, even with ENB (at this point I don't know if it's simply placebo or it actually looks that bad compared to LE; I think it's the latter but I can't rule out the former).
  • HDT SMP development may or may not have stopped, and updating it for the latest SKSE64/Game update took a while. Further updates are not guaranteed to happen (though Hydrogen said the source code would be released so in theory someone else could take up development of HDT).
  • I haven't been able to find a SMP pack that worked (and looked) remotely as good as Bazinga's Naturalistic PE set does, or was as easy to set up and use.
  • Bethesda still does one of their stupid Creation Club updates from time to time, and when it happens, it breaks all SKSE mods and plugins and you need to wait for all of them to update or skip the game update until it happens (I shouldn't need to say this is not a problem with LE at all).

The upsides are pretty much the same as always: more stable, better framerate, can handle big quest/worldspace mods without crashing or dropping FPS, can handle more stuff in general, etc.

I'm not making the switch anytime soon. When YA 5.0 is out for SE, I will give it a shot again, and if the game looks better by then and the other quirks are solved, I may reconsider it. Until then, I'm a die-hard LE only user.

Today's good news is that the female hair was much less trouble than the male hair, cuz it can mostly use the same texture files. I plowed through almost all of it today. Now there's just a messy bit with the last few variants and I'm done with that. I figured out that editing the UVs directly in nifskope was the way to go, and that helped too.

Beards and scars next.

33 minutes ago, wolfzeal said:

I did the full install, but the game won't load. The program closes  shortly after the Bethesda softworks logo. 

Usually when the game crashes on start up, it's because you have mods that require other mods to work. If you're using NMM, look at the plugins tab in the top left corner and see if any are red, that usually means you have a mod that's missing it's dependencies. Also, make sure you run LOOT or BOSS to get your mod list in order

5 hours ago, wolfzeal said:

I did the full install, but the game won't load. The program closes  shortly after the Bethesda softworks logo. 

Are you using Mod Organizer or NMM? I might be able to give some help on the subject of MO, but NMM I am unfamiliar with. I recommend using LOOT (It's what I use, I don't use BOSS) to update your load order. If you're using MO, make sure to launch LOOT with MO. If you don't know how to do this, I can explain.

You may also need to find out if you have any mods that are incompatible with Yiffy Age and all prerequisites. Read over the incompatibilities list. 

Some other things to make sure of:

-Do you have SKSE installed correctly?

-Is your system simply good enough to run Skyrim with heavy mods?

-Did you clean your master files as well as mods with TESEdit? This is really complicated if you don't follow a tutorial and don't know what you're doing, but it's highly recommended. Cleaning your master files and mods will alleviate at least most of your crashes.

41 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

I just saw the Fluffy khajiit project on nexus. It looks great did anyone know about this?

I did, and I think it may have come up at some point in the thread (not completely sure about it, though). But implementing it properly is simply not feasible.

The "fur" effect is achieved by creating several (5+) duplicates of the base body/hand/feet/head meshes and stacking them on top of each other while making each one slightly bigger than the previous. Couple that with some specific Alpha settings and some edits to the base texture and you get a relatively believable but nevertheless fake fur effect as seen on the pics there.

This means each and every single character mesh (or armor/clothing mesh if they show any skin at all, no matter how little) needs to be manually edited to add support for the effect, and same goes for the textures. Also, due to the way head parts work in the game, the 5+ extra shell meshes need to be added as extra parts to the base head, so doing that is both tedious as hell and prone to it not working at all or looking bad (shells are supposed to be in the same nif as their base, so having them as separate nifs could cause issues). And then you have other potential issues like performance impact or so, since you would be loading 5 times as many meshes/polys as you used to do, for example.

And BTW, whether it actually looks good or not is heavily dependant on stuff like the current lighting, which ENB you are using (if any), how well done are the textures themselves, etc. So even if we were to put the gigantic amount of work required into it, it wouldn't look good 100% of the time, so there's that.

It's a real shame because that's as close as we'll ever get to good looking physical fur in an Elder Scrolls game (unless Beth adds a proper fur shader in ES6, which I guess is possible but not likely), but it's simply not feasible on the scale YA would require.

TL;DR: too much work, not guaranteed to be worth it, so not gonna happen.