TES 6 - "a very long way off"

prinyo

Hmmm...

http://fraghero.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-confirmed-by-bethesda-but-its-a-long-way-off/

"In an interview with Geoff Keighley during YouTube Live at E3 stream he said, “it’s good in these moments to tell our fans, ‘Yes, of course we are [making The Elder Scrolls 6]. It’s something we love.’ But it is–you know, I have to be careful what I say–it’s a very long way off.”

He added, “I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, ‘That sounds like you don’t even have the technology–how long is that going to take?”"

i want it to be cooking in the oven until the time is right, it will most likely be teased next year's e3 since NukaWorld is the end of the road regarding fo4

thanks for the quote

i want it to be cooking in the oven until the time is right, it will most likely be teased next year's e3 since NukaWorld is the end of the road regarding fo4

thanks for the quote

Doubt it. Todd Howard said BGS is working on 2 different games and will be released BEFORE TES6. So until we see those two mysterious games we won't see TES6.

thanks for the quote

Doubt it. Todd Howard said BGS is working on 2 different games and will be released BEFORE TES6. So until we see those two mysterious games we won't see TES6.

oh yeah... I also forgot of fo4 vive that Leito mentioned...

...  :s I still think it will at least be mentioned, it is going to be the big elephant in the room no doubt

Hmmm...

http://fraghero.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-confirmed-by-bethesda-but-its-a-long-way-off/

"In an interview with Geoff Keighley during YouTube Live at E3 stream he said, “it’s good in these moments to tell our fans, ‘Yes, of course we are [making The Elder Scrolls 6]. It’s something we love.’ But it is–you know, I have to be careful what I say–it’s a very long way off.”

He added, “I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, ‘That sounds like you don’t even have the technology–how long is that going to take?”"

I don't know why but this bit is hilarious to me.

Two big projects:  Nuka-world and FO4 Vive.  Doubt TES 6 will be shown next year.  It's more like 2018/19.

I'm guessing new engine or major engine overhaul again.  Plus with games getting bigger the writing of all the lines and recording the voice actors will probably make it huge.

After the success of Skyrim they probably have a lot to shoot for so your probably right about it being 2 years out still.

It will still be a big hit for the game development company.

And because it is pretty much their flagship game, they cannot risk too much.

They will still survive gaining a serious amount of money from the game released and to be released this year. including Skyrim Rewamped.

And because a few of these games will be released at the end of the year, I don't see that they will release the "major hit" in less than 12 months.

So, if we will be lucky, it will be announced in about one year and we will get it in 18 months. (but I think the probability is about 25%)

Or we will get a pre-announcement in about one year, and an official announcement in 2018, and get it November 11th 2018. (11/11/18, as usual major release date for Beth.)

Things will probably be delayed because many games come out at the end of the year or close to it and some games are already being delayed from what I have read recently. Lets not forget the giant elephant in the room macroshit and their windows 10 only bandwagon. So expect to see this only thing pop up in more major dev games soon. The whole VR thing has to play out and fail again and that takes years to happen. They are probably working on another dam card game to get that blizzard money and elderscrolls online just won't die so more of that coming soon:-(

I think the voice actor thing is gonna get worse because money is going to get worse over the next few years, garrus and belethor can only do so much voiceover work before they file another lawsuit. I think beth shot themselves in the foot with that dialogue system which requires all that recorded audio.

Elder Scrolls 6 might be out in the next 2 or 3 years.  It could be that it will take advantage of some of the new features that are rolling out in PC hardware. There are also the rumors of XB1.5, PS4.5, and Nintendo NX that ES6 might be released on.  As others have mentioned, there is the VR trend unfolding, which could go the way of 3D TVs, Elder Scrolls Online is still a thing and then there is Elder Scrolls Legends(TCG).  Like Skyrim, once FO4's last DLC is launched; Bethesda will be going to the next title.  Whatever that might be...

Skyrim stopped its development and maintenance (D&M) in mid 2013.

Fallout 4 is released in late 2015, having a 2.5 years gap with Skyrim's dev end.

Fallout 4's last DLC will be out in Aug 2016, VR be out in 2017; estimated time for the end of Fallout 4's D&M is from late 2017 to mid 2018.

Optimistically, it will be 2 years after the earliest possible end of Fallout 4 D&M, which is late 2019.

Realistically, it will be 2 years after the latest or 2.5 years after the earliest possible end of Fallout 4's D&M, which is mid to late 2020.

Pessimistically, it will be after 2021.

One thing that you are missing is...

Will they build one more game on the Gamebro engine, or will they use a new engine for there Open World adventures.

Supposedly FO4 was going to be the last "new game" on this engine.

And in a way it is the "Last New Game" with Skyrim's - Umber Nutter Console Cash Cow Edition (Hmm can I coin that as IP)...Anyway Skyrim 64 just being a remake on the latest build of the Gamebro engine.

So yeah... what engine can they use that will be able to handle a large open world layout?

How will it support Texture and Meshes, how easy will it be for them to allow modders to work modding magic and keep there revenue up without them actually working.... and more questions along that line.

Will they decide to make a DLC or 2 for Skyrim 64, and if so how much will they charge for it?

Yes the base game will be offered for free to those PC users who have all of the existing DLC's and or the Legendary edition... and console users are going to eat shit and smile at the $60 new game price... but then again they don't make mods so they have to pay (I think that may be Beth's idea anyway).... But if they want more money then all they have to do is make a couple of DLC's that only are for the 64bit version and there is that cash cow jingling her udders...

But that is neither here nor there,

Elder Scrolls 6, will probably be annouced at next years E3 (they will need something to hype at the even next year). That or a VR 64bit version of ES4.... which since I haven't played Oblivion wouldn't be so bad for me.

Half life 3

Don't even go there. It's been so long that I completely lost interest in HL3. I don't want the same thing to happen to Elder Scrolls. Or maybe I do, if the only thing they announce in 2037 is "Here's TES6 with voiced protagonist and a grand total of 8 quests...and paid mods and settlement builder, yay?!"

They started to make skyrim right after oblivion. If i'm not wrong, and engine they used was gamebryo version used in FO3.

I only followed Dishonored 2 stuff in E3 videos so.. This is based on what i have occasionally read.

They don't have engine for new game yet.

They haven't even started to develop it yet.

Their teams seem to have their hands full with dlc and whatnot updates for other B-games.

bla bla.. Skyrim development started late 2006/around 2007? - it was finished for 11.11.11 release.

So, you may get tES6 at best around 2021 as few have said.. Or around 2025. (<-- my bet) 

Archived