Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

They should remaster oblivion of all things since i would like to see characters that dont look like they got hit in the face so hard with a pan that it flattened then had a pump plug into they're face then pumped 1-2 times xD

Except that Oblivion and Morrowind would require a complete rebuild instead of a remaster, essentially making an entire new game.

That would push development of TES6 several years even further back.

Bethesda wears for all the blame!  :angry: 

a huge company with several 1000 salaried, is not in a position to do something right.  ;) 

a remaster for Skyrim is the joke of the century!! Who will for this Rem. Skyrim again new modding, I think very, very few.

I would also for this a remaster for Morrowind to make, it was, after all, that best Elder Scrolls all times.

but I think they would it mess up, because the official Morrowind Developers have yes left Bethesda!  :P

Idk, since it's free I thought it would be worth a try and probably wake up some gone ( switched to fallout 4 ) modders and throw out even more cool content for skyrim.

but when I see stuff like 0Sex by Ceo suddenly gettin canceled because of this remasterthing ... well then it kinda makes me sad.  now we will have to stick with sexlab forever. ( no offense I don't want to bad mouth sexlab or the people who created it, it's still a great mod with tons of options and took most likely years of hard work, but what Ceo was creating there was on a complete new level )

it has very very take long until my Skyrim was optimal (Mods)!

but I use a body (CHSBHC) and for this body is no longer modded.

Kind of off-topic for the thread, but isn't there a UUNP pre-set for that?

I know, BUT if I this body use, then everything else is no longer compatible!

textures, followers, and especially 350 to 400 CHSBHC outfits. I have outfits the friends only for me have converted.

CHSBHC based namely on CBBE and at a conversion to UUNP all would be lost and I would my friends before the head bump!  ;)

I don't wanna be pessimistic. But I don't think there will be new significant content or huge changes on the data.

I don't think they are going to use a different papyrus in the 64bit. All that drama people make "mods won't work etc" is just a little bit over-reaction imo. Maybe few minor syntax changes, not sure how it works exactly never scripted any of Beth games. Just looked at it for a while.

I am more concerned about the meshes and textures format.

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

They should remaster oblivion of all things since i would like to see characters that dont look like they got hit in the face so hard with a pan that it flattened then had a pump plug into they're face then pumped 1-2 times xD

Except that Oblivion and Morrowind would require a complete rebuild instead of a remaster, essentially making an entire new game.

"[Elder Scrolls 6 is] kind of like the elephant in the room, always, when we talk about anything," Howard explained, "and you know, I think it's good in these moments to tell our fans yes, of course we are [working on it] - it's something we love - but it is... you know, I have to be careful what I say, it's a very long way off.

"I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology. How long is that going to take?' So it is something that's going to take a lot of time, what he have in mind for that game, and we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than everything we've done. People will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6. That'll make sense many years from now"

"We think very long term. We're not a developer that's going to rush something like this out," he continued. "When you think about what is the future of that kind of game, we have a pretty good idea of what that's going to be, and it's just going to take technology and time we don't necessarily have right now."

I don't think they are going to use a different papyrus in the 64bit. All that drama people make "mods won't work etc" is just a little bit over-reaction imo. Maybe few minor syntax changes, not sure how it works exactly never scripted any of Beth games. Just looked at it for a while.

I am more concerned about the meshes and textures format.

I completely agree on both points.

Papyrus probably will be the same as FO4, that is really similar to Skyrim.

We can only hope for some of the SKSE functions to be implemented by default (and I have serious doubts that they will do it.)

And, yes, I am confident that the NIF format will be different. But probably the NIFs will be converted by the new CK, as you can deduct from a Hines Twitter post that will be enough to open and save the mods to make them compatible.

---snip---

And, yes, I am confident that the NIF format will be different. But probably the NIFs will be converted by the new CK, as you can deduct from a Hines Twitter post that will be enough to open and save the mods to make them compatible.

but that is only possible for people with modding experience and with knowledge of the English language.  :lol:  :lol:  :P

but that is only possible for people with modding experience and with knowledge of the English language.  :lol:  :lol:  :P

Not sure.

But we will see in October.

Let's hope for the best.

(Thanks for the --snip-- in your quote.)

Anyone remember when Coca-Cola wanted to replace the - evidently hazardous - fructose corn syrup in their sodas with cane sugar and called it the "New Coke"?

The customers hated it, so they went back to the old product, now under the name "Classic Coke".

Now i'm not sure if this anecdote has anything to do with the topic, but chances are that we (the modders) will hate the "New Skyrim" even if it comes with an updated and bugfree 64-bit engine and new script system. Because our sweet sweet mods (which tend to make the game even less stable) aren't going to work anymore, and we have to start from scratch like in Fallout 4 where the modding is also developing painfully slow.

So if Skyrim was a consumable, they would have to go back and re-release "Classic Skyrim" including all its 20,000+ bugs. Luckily that isn't the case, so we can choose wether to play the new or the old game.

That being said, content-wise Skyrim has been played to death so it's obviously just another cash-grab with minimum effort.

And i personally also don't need another game like Fallout 4 which already looks outdated at release, makes the modding more difficult than its predecessor, and - in case that will ever happen - is going to take another 4+ years to look as good as my modded Skyrim looks today.

Not sure.

But we will see in October.

Let's hope for the best.

(Thanks for the --snip-- in your quote.)

a very important information, I found it on a German website *** All modifications, even Scores should remain compatible ***  ;)

http://www.gameswelt.de/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/news/alte-speicherstaende-sollen-kompatibel-sein,259699

a very important information, I found it on a German website *** All modifications, even Scores should remain compatible ***  ;)

http://www.gameswelt.de/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/news/alte-speicherstaende-sollen-kompatibel-sein,259699

Yes, that is pretty much what Hines said.

I think:

* all ESP/ESM data will be 100% compatible.

* NIFs and Textures probably will have a new format, but the CK will convert them without requiring to create the mod again.

* Papyrus code will stay the same (with some extensions)

* External code will not work (SKSE, FNIS, etc.)

My big question is: and the animations (HKX files)?

Will they be converted? (In this case we may have a solution to port all Skyrim anims to Fallout 4, let me dream, please)

If not, then I think we are going to lose some really important mod.

a huge company with several 1000 salaried, is not in a position to do something right.  ;) 

a remaster for Skyrim is the joke of the century!! Who will for this Rem. Skyrim again new modding, I think very, very few.

I would also for this a remaster for Morrowind to make, it was, after all, that best Elder Scrolls all times.

but I think they would it mess up, because the official Morrowind Developers have yes left Bethesda!  :P

The Skyrim team was 90 people. The FO team was about 120. This is why they take forever. If they were "1000s" they'd be churning shit out yearly like Ubi$oft does.

Guest endgameaddiction

Idk, since it's free I thought it would be worth a try and probably wake up some gone ( switched to fallout 4 ) modders and throw out even more cool content for skyrim.

but when I see stuff like 0Sex by Ceo suddenly gettin canceled because of this remasterthing ... well then it kinda makes me sad.  now we will have to stick with sexlab forever. ( no offense I don't want to bad mouth sexlab or the people who created it, it's still a great mod with tons of options and took most likely years of hard work, but what Ceo was creating there was on a complete new level )

If I hadn't read your comment, I wouldn't have known about this news. Though I read that he may reconsider, but honestly, when that thought comes around, the level of enthusiasm just isn't the same. If he's going to continue to do it for the people, it's not worth the investment. Modding is supposed to be for oneself and then the rest. CEO is a selfless individual at best and what he's done with OSEX has been unimaginable. I've never seen so much devotion from a modder in my life.

Bethesda doesn't know jack shit about the mod community. I've said this since paid mods and it's my main reason why I completely lost respect for them.

I can tell this remaster is nothing but a joke. A run for people's money. And yes, even those who have it on PC but don't have legendary edition. Doesn't matter how much you were devoted to Skyrim and modded it and shared your mods without having LE, buy the damn thing again if you want remaster.

All they care about is money. and they are willing to destroy the mod community and rebuild it just for the sake of having paid mods again. In fact, modders work being stolen, modders hiding their work and modders quitting and retiring are just about what Bethesda wants. Having a new fresh mod community would be their biggest benefit.

---snip---

The Skyrim team was 90 people. The FO team was about 120. This is why they take forever. If they were "1000s" they'd be churning shit out yearly like Ubi$oft does.

that is not completely right, ZeniMax Media is the parent company of Bethesda and after the flop of TESO were 300 employees dismissed!

this is documented in writing! So nothing with only 90 to 120 people.

here the evidence!

Bethesda is a multibillion-dollar company with over 10,000 employees! ;)

http://www.pcgames.de/Bethesda-Softworks-Firma-15275/Specials/Publisher-Check-Bethesda-Softworks-auf-dem-Pruefstand-1099221/

You're conflating BGS, Zenimax and BSW.

All three are different companies, and zenimax and BSW don't make shit. They own it.

;)

ZeniMax is founded

In 1999, Christopher Weaver decided a decisive step into the future: Together with the failed lawyer Robert A. Altmann founded the Weaver ZeniMax Media Inc., under whose umbrella a variety of studios and companies are gathered. ZeniMax Media acts characterized as third publisher and owner of Bethesda. For Bethesda itself this meant the first step towards globalization, today belong to the shareholders of ZeniMax among other ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG or the television network CBS.

ZeniMax Media Inc is owners of Bethesda  :) and that was the reason why the most Morrowind Developers have denounced!  ;)

Has it been confirmed that this remastered skyrim will break the 65k active script cap?

A major question that needs a serious answer!!

Anything else is just crap in my opinion because whatever this remaster version will offer is already or close enouph to be offered by mods (visually wise (SMIM,hd texts,enb-vram leakage,SKGE) or bug fixing (unofficial Skyrim patch etc) wise)

The only things that cannot be adressed by mods are the core problems of Skyrim (32bit engine=low ram usage and save file bloating due to 65k script cap=strings mounting up by mods while gameplay continues despite the fact that by now most mods are well writen)

* Papyrus code will stay the same (with some extensions)

Source please? It would be really bad news if they didnt update Papyrus to F4 version.

My dear, F4 version is exactly what I meant.

And it is the Skyrim one with a couple of extra items (structures and dynamic arrays)

Keep in mind that the byte code of one is exactly the same of the other.

The big hope is that there will be some extra "native" functions to control the items we have no access now. Like SKSE did.

The big hope is that there will be some extra "native" functions to control the items we have no access now. Like SKSE did.

These "some extra things" is exactly what I'm hoping for: structures, ScriptObject, Namespaces, Remote Events, dynamic arrays, multiple timers per script object, plus some new functions and events. Its enough for me!

• 2 weeks later...

From the video I saw I noticed that they haven't remade those horrible robotic year 1995 animations, also no new music, locations, quests, voiceacting or better combat system. And they are charging 60usd console players, I am speechless. 

Where is the new TES? This company is getting worse and worse with each year.

From the video I saw I noticed that they haven't remade those horrible robotic year 1995 animations, also no new music, locations, quests, voiceacting or better combat system. And they are charging 60usd console players, I am speechless. 

Where is new TES? This company is getting worse and worse with each year.

1000 points!

I do not know what Bethesda goes through the head!  :lol: 

either They will Megalomaniac or they are quite just stupid!  :P 

one but quite sure, It will very highest time for a change of leadership, a new boss must ago!  ;)

Archived