Downloaded for the misogynist guards, but the player self comments and "player traits" are the surprising star of this mod. It adds so much personality to the player character. Would love to see a bunch more player lines in general.

(Though, for the obligatory bit of whinging: not all the "4th Wall" comments are being caught by the checkbox. I'm getting about three or four recurring comments that has the narrator refer to the player or the PC address the player directly.)

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 2:15 AM, Buridan said:

(Though, for the obligatory bit of whinging: not all the "4th Wall" comments are being caught by the checkbox. I'm getting about three or four recurring comments that has the narrator refer to the player or the PC address the player directly.)

Late reply, but you can probably easily cull out those comments using TESVEdit - the mod is quite organized (most comments of a particular type are all grouped). 

So if you have a few comments that are specifically annoying you you can probably find them and either delete them outright, or give them the missing 4th wall conditions. 

On 5/25/2020 at 2:01 AM, sergueiantonov said:

So, I spoke too soon apparently. Running on SE; removed the .bsa to play. The comments do happen, but the MCM menu doesn't register. I've tried reloading all mods for MCM and so on, but no dice.

Anyone familiar with the problem?

i find MCM in SE insufferably slow in general. i used to have similar problem as what you described but on other mods, however i sorta fixed it by activating only a handful of mods at a time, maybe that' help you out?

just in case, try this console command "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" and let your skyrim run for a bit, see if it'll kick the MCM to reload properly

4 hours ago, squart2203 said:

i find MCM in SE insufferably slow in general. i used to have similar problem as what you described but on other mods, however i sorta fixed it by activating only a handful of mods at a time, maybe that' help you out?

just in case, try this console command "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" and let your skyrim run for a bit, see if it'll kick the MCM to reload properly

Yeah, I tried that command without success. I'll try again and play some with it active, just in case it eventually gets around to activating it.

12 hours ago, saltshade said:

Don't you have to convert the mod in xEdit/CK before running it in SE?

I've tried that, but when I try loading the data package, it automatically selects several packages and the creation kit tells me I can't do that. I don't understand how it works...

3 hours ago, sergueiantonov said:

I've tried that, but when I try loading the data package, it automatically selects several packages and the creation kit tells me I can't do that. I don't understand how it works...

You need to edit Skyrimeditor.ini in your Skyrim folder and set bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1.

SSE Users: One Mod: Cathedral Assets Optimizer

It will automatically update everything from an LE mod to SE format, including animations, meshes, textures, .BSA files, et al. It will not update .esp/.esm as you'll need to use the CK for that but only if necessary.

Simply install the LE version using your mod organizer and run CAO on the mod folder. You can run CAO outside of your organizer, though.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Repedo said:

Hey

Question,can this be used without Devious Devices? or will there be crashes etc

Edit: blergh, I misread it as "Can this be used with Devious Devices" I really need to wake up a bit more before
But yes as stated below, it can be used without.

1 hour ago, Repedo said:

Hey

Question,can this be used without Devious Devices? or will there be crashes etc

It says:

Soft dependency support for Devious Devices and Zaz Animation Pack

I know, I know, sometimes soft dependencies aren't as soft advertised, but in this case you are good to go without DD.

• 4 weeks later...

The mod works superb before  however when i installed "Dovahkiins_Infamy" mod, comment from the this mod seems to have stopped and only comments from infamy are showing....i tried to see in SSE edit is there an overwrite or conflict but there is none.

Any idea what might be causing this...?

Quick question - I'm using SSE. I've removed the .bsa file from the data folder after installing this through Vortex. Game loads fine, however not getting an MCM menu option. I tried the MCM reset, however still not showing. Any thoughts? Thank you.

edit: If using this for SSE, follow the guy's advice above about cathedral assets optimizer. If you use that to port this to SE, you will get the effects plus the MCM menu option. If you just delete the .bsa (at least in my experience), you'll get the effects but not the menu. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

New to modding. I'm going to paste the exact steps I took for getting this mod to run for SE. It was easier than I thought it would be. Literally takes minutes:

1. Download CAO: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316. Follow the listed steps there: Unzip CAO anywhere, it doesn't matter; install its dependency "VC Redistributable"; add CAO to Windows Defender. After installing VC redist, you'll need to restart your machine.
  2. Install the Sexist Guards mod through Mod Organizer 2. Right click on the installed mod and select "Open in Explorer". Click the address bar and copy the directory path.
  3. Open CAO directly (i.e. not through MO2). Click "Open Directory" and paste the path you copied above.
  4. Choose options in CAO as mentioned in the 4th step "Enable the following settings" in the gitlab wiki: https://gitlab.com/G_ka/Cathedral_Assets_Optimizer/-/wikis/Porting-a-mod (You don't need to do the other steps for this mod). Just listing them here:
    1. Profile: SSE
    2. BSA Tab : everything
    3. Meshes Tab : Necessary optimization ; Always process headparts
    4. Textures Tab : everything in the box "Process textures"
    5. Animations Tab : Necessary optimization
  5. Select "one mod" in the rightmost dropdown. Click the middle button "Run". It says it can take a while but it took barely a few seconds for me.
  6. We're done! Make sure you have the dependencies set up, have sorted with LOOT and have run FNIS. Launch with SKSE through mod organizer. No more crash!

I'm zipping the final mod and attaching it here. Reply or message me if it doesn't work. You can install it directly with Mod Organizer 2. You'll need to install the Rape comments fix separately. 

Phew! First step into the modding waters here!

EDIT: Based on responses below, maybe this has some issues. It's still a form 43 mod. It's working fine for me without issues. If this doesn't work, you'll have to run it through CAO yourself. Takes literally minutes, and you're learning a valuable tool which will work with a lot of LE mods.

SexistGuards v2.91b processed with CAO.zip

13 hours ago, jiraiya22 said:

I'm going to paste the exact steps for getting this mod to run. It was easier than I thought it would be.

1/ Download CAO: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316. For this you need its dependency "VC Redistributable", and you'll need to add it to Windows Defender. Follow the links listed there. After installing VC redist, you'll need to restart. Unzip CAO anywhere, it doesn't matter.
2/ Install the Sexist Guards mod through Mod Organizer 2. Right click on the installed mod and select "Open in Explorer". Click the address bar and copy the directory path.
3/ Open CAO. Click "Open Directory" and paste the path you copied above. Check that this is the mod folder.
4/ Choose options in CAO as mentioned in "Enable the following settings" in the gitlab wiki: https://gitlab.com/G_ka/Cathedral_Assets_Optimizer/-/wikis/Porting-a-mod (You don't need to do the other steps for this mod)
5/ Select "one mod" in the rightmost dropdown. Click the middle button "Run". It took barely a few seconds for me.
6/ We're done! Make sure you have the dependencies set up, have sorted with LOOT and have run FNIS. Launch with SKSE through mod organizer. No more crash!

I'm zipping the final mod and attaching it here. I don't know if it'll work for you. Let me know if you try. (I don't know if you'll be able to install it through Mod Organizer or if you just need to manually paste this in the mods folder. I'm still new to modding)

SexistGuards v2.91b processed with CAO.zip 214.56 kB · 2 downloads

Now don't take my words as gospel, I might be wrong, but as far as I can see:

There are only scripts in this mod, so CAO literally didn't change anything in the mod files themselves, if you binary compare the files to the one you just uploaded here there is no difference. Not sure about the bsa format itself, but I prefer loose files with MO2, less potential issues that way. So you might want to extract the bsa with BAE or something.

And the form id of the esp file in your zip is still 43, so you do need to open it in CK as an active file and then save it to update it to form id 44, at least I believe that one matters.