[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

• 1 month later...

FO4Edit question.

Not understanding CK/official documentation, been playing around in game for a few hours now to no avail.

I have two items  A syringe, and a grenade.

I want to shoot the syringe at a target- call him bob.

I want to then, throw a grenade towards bob.

Everyone within the blast radius BUT bob is effected by the grenade.

Bob is not.

Under Grenade >

Under Effect---> EFID ----> Conditions, I dont see anything that remotely sounds like it.  I cant copy the MGEF effect from under syringe. Tried, says it "expecting something other than MGEF"

SO, simply put.  What lines do I change under Conditions, and what do I change them too? Tried reading the book, need an instructor to demonstrate this one.

2 hours ago, sillybear said:

I want to shoot the syringe at a target- call him bob.

I want to then, throw a grenade towards bob.

Everyone within the blast radius BUT bob is effected by the grenade.

Bob is not.

You will probably want to use a script spell/magic effect on the grenade, which then a script to see if the target (or subject, I forget who's who) is under your syringe effect. If they are not under the effect of your syringe, then the script will apply the nasty effects that you want the grenade to have.

So you shoot Bob with the syringe.

You then throw the grenade at Bob.
The grenade checks for what effects are on each target.
If the target has your syringe effect, the grenade then does nothing.

So the grenade itself won't apply the nasty effect, but it will apply a script that will apply the nasty effect instead.

You may also have to change around some things on the grenade itself so that it doesn't do any damage to anyone, like the Relay Grenades.

4 hours ago, Evan555alpha said:

You will probably want to use a script spell/magic effect on the grenade, which then a script to see if the target (or subject, I forget who's who) is under your syringe effect. If they are not under the effect of your syringe, then the script will apply the nasty effects that you want the grenade to have.

So you shoot Bob with the syringe.

You then throw the grenade at Bob.
The grenade checks for what effects are on each target.
If the target has your syringe effect, the grenade then does nothing.

So the grenade itself won't apply the nasty effect, but it will apply a script that will apply the nasty effect instead.

You may also have to change around some things on the grenade itself so that it doesn't do any damage to anyone, like the Relay Grenades.

Scripting beyond me at present. 

FO4Edit conditions.

I only want effects to apply if targets are inside a loaded cell, example  

If running around sancuary == true, dont apply.

If inside Corvega, Super Duper mart, any load door == true, do apply.

How would I arrange the stuff under CTDA, any ideas?

Im guessing:

Type: Equal too

comparison: ?????????????????

Function: IsInInterior

none: ????

none:   ???? 

run on: ?????

unused 0

parameter ?????

It's always the seemingly simple shit... How can I determine if a character is addicted (or better yet in withdrawl) to Psycho, alcohol etc... In a dialogiue condition? Already tried checking for likely keywords and Magic effects etc...

UPDATE: I think I know what to do now though I don't have time to test it. It seems that the way addiction works in Fallout 4 is kind of dumb. It uses an Actor value, that starts out negative. (Or at least it went to -70 when I took an Addictol to test.) and it seems to in my very cursary testing keep going up each time you take the chem you're addicted to. 

SOOOO... I should be able to just simply set a condition to check if the player's "AddictionPsycho" Actor value is above 0. I feel kind of dumb that I didn't think of an AV sooner though... I kind of assumed it'd be a Keyword.

Makes me wonder if NPCs can actually "get addicted" to chems in the vanilla game if you made them use them with a script. Would radically change the way the Chempusher mod I started to make for Fourplay way back works... Hmmm...

UPDATE: It worked.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

It's always the seemingly simple shit... How can I determine if a character is addicted (or better yet in withdrawl) to Psycho, alcohol etc... In a dialogiue condition? Already tried checking for likely keywords and Magic effects etc...

If there's no condition function for that kind of thing in dialogues you could still do it in a round about sort of way. You could have a script with conditional properties or variables attached to your quest housing the dialogue. Which you could expose to the dialogue conditions through the GetVMQuestVariable condition function. You have to handle the logic of setting those properties or variables in the script separately of course.

I always make a reusable helper script that I can attach to quests with common functions for things like this, in case I want to do something weird like knowing if the actor is staring at the moon or how many days it is until the weekend etc.

1 hour ago, Merope said:

If there's no condition function for that kind of thing in dialogues you could still do it in a round about sort of way. You could have a script with conditional properties or variables attached to your quest housing the dialogue. Which you could expose to the dialogue conditions through the GetVMQuestVariable condition function. You have to handle the logic of setting those properties or variables in the script separately of course.

I always make a reusable helper script that I can attach to quests with common functions for things like this, in case I want to do something weird like knowing if the actor is staring at the moon or how many days it is until the weekend etc.

It doesn't look like that's something I am gonna need for this, but It's something to keep in mind for the future. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Tentacus said:

It doesn't look like that's something I am gonna need for this, but It's something to keep in mind for the future. Thanks!

I saw your update about checking the actor value. Didn't know addiction was tracked that way either. GetVMQuestVariable can be a great catch all for things you think are missing. Though it makes me wonder how much stuff is exposed except there's no documentation for it. The Fallout wiki feels like it was abandoned. I often get better information from checking the Skyrim wiki.

13 hours ago, Merope said:

I saw your update about checking the actor value. Didn't know addiction was tracked that way either. GetVMQuestVariable can be a great catch all for things you think are missing. Though it makes me wonder how much stuff is exposed except there's no documentation for it. The Fallout wiki feels like it was abandoned. I often get better information from checking the Skyrim wiki.

OMG so so much is undocumented. I've had to pull a lot out of my ass in the last couple of years of self taught modding. (with almost no coding background)  Either experimentation or a lot of deep dives on the Nexus forums. But HONESTLY Thanks to LL for this thread because when I really have a pointed question this is where I come.

Im using fo4edit..

I made a weapon mod for a knife.

I can see the mod on the work bench.

I can apply the mod on the work bench

and the modified effect works.

The problem I am having, is before I mod it, it looks like a knife.

AFTER i mod it, the blade is gone and im stabbing with a hilt.

any idea what is missing the .nif file?  

If it helps, if i drop the modified knife, and pick it up (to move it on the ground) it duplicates. and FO4edit doesnt show any errors, or any conflicts

)))))))))   Figured it out (((((((((   

In case anyone else has prblems, under OMOD  ===> actual mod---- >I needed to change the niff there, as being a niff associated with an actual mod for the blade, not just the "defualt nif"   So,    Weapons\Knife\none.nif  is different from (cant think of the defualt combat knife .nif atm)..

• 2 months later...

For the last few months I've been living in Papyrus compiler hell. Whenever I go to compile a fragment 1/3 of the time it fails, and corrupts the goddamn source code. For instance the top of my fragment should look like this:

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
Scriptname Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_HouseParty Extends TopicInfo Hidden Const

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_End
Function Fragment_End(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE

but after being corrupted, ends up looking like this: 

Papyrus Compiler Version 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4
Copyright (C) ZeniMax Media. All rights reserved.
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_HouseParty"...
Compilation succeeded.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 1 succeeded, 0 failed.
ctor
;BEGIN CODE

I find myself having to keep the source open in notepad and saving it after every compile cause this can happen whether or not the compile is sccessful. Also FYI The corrupted junk says "batch compile" but it's actually just compiling from the topic.

Now just 2 days ago  the way fragments display in the CK has started to fuck up. So say my source looks like this:

If AkSpeaker.GetSitState() != 0
     AkSpeaker.PlayIdle(FurnitureExitToStand)
Endif

It'll look like this in the topic Fragment window in CK:

If AkSpeaker.GetSitState() != 0     AkSpeaker.PlayIdle(FurnitureExitToStand)Endif

What the actual fucking fuck?

Anybody else having shit like this happen or do I need to throw holy water on my PC? I've reinstalled the CK multiple times, I've done everything I can think of... This is... a lot.

Edit: Grrr decided to audit all my source code and found one that has been corrupted in every single backup since June. This is very upsetting. I should probably check my other mods too, though thankfully they have a lot fewer scripts.

@Tentacus

I remember one day when suddenly none of my scripts would compile. Even though, to my mind, nothing had changed. It turned out that I had an old BA2 archive for the mod in the data folder from a previous release of the mod. The creation kit appeared to be selectively using scripts from the BA2 archive when trying to compile any new scripts that relied on versions of them. After removing those old BA2 archives, every thing was back to normal.

I don't think it's related to your issue. I don't really understand your issue tbh. Hope you find a resolution any way. Remember that the creation kit hates you.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, Tentacus said:

I find myself having to keep the source open in notepad and saving it after every compile cause this can happen whether or not the compile is sccessful. Also FYI The corrupted junk says "batch compile" but it's actually just compiling from the topic.

Not to tell anyone how to develop, and this is of course certainly not a fix for the problem at hand, but if you keep your script source under revision control (for example, using Git) then it is automatically "backed up" against this sort of problem since you can just reset or checkout or revert any alterations which were made in error. It also makes detecting those situations much easier (e.g., `git status` will immediately show you all tracked files which have been altered since the last commit).

Been a couple months (maybe a year) since I opened the Creation Kit for some minor script tweaking. After coming back and trying it recently, it appears that compiler can't find the script that I'm working on? Seems kind of weird, seeing how I'm working on the very script in question, and the respective .psc and .pex files are present. Back then I was able to open up the CK via MO2 and compile without issues. Was something changed in the last few updates? Perhaps a .ini setting I need to tweak somewhere?

• 2 months later...

PEOPLE HELP ME!

i have the question I HAVE UPDATED CK FALLOUT 4

go to quest 

THEN DOUBLE CLICK THE [ANY QUEST] THEN GO TO SCENE OR SCENE COLLECTIONS TAB AND THEY CRASH MY CK

RAM: 8GB

MY CK HAS THIS BUG AND FEW QUEST AFTER GO TO SCENE OR SCENE COLLECTIONS TAB THEY POP THIS ERROR SAYS Scene editing will not be available as the FlowChartX DLL falied to register succesfully

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, looooook said:

PEOPLE HELP ME!

i have the question I HAVE UPDATED CK FALLOUT 4

go to quest 

THEN DOUBLE CLICK THE [ANY QUEST] THEN GO TO SCENE OR SCENE COLLECTIONS TAB AND THEY CRASH MY CK

RAM: 8GB

MY CK HAS THIS BUG AND FEW QUEST AFTER GO TO SCENE OR SCENE COLLECTIONS TAB THEY POP THIS ERROR SAYS Scene editing will not be available as the FlowChartX DLL falied to register succesfully

Maybe try check files in steam-fallout 4

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I have the weirdest phenomenon occurring. This has happened like 3x. I've opened a topic in my new mod Hospitality in the CK and a fragment from my other mod Hardship has spontaneously attached itself to the topic. It's not like the quests or topics are named the same or anything... I've never seen anything like this before. It's the latest CK.

Anybody else had this happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if that's a proper thread to post this question, but i didn't find anything more suitable. 

Where can i find CBBE body model with head and hands? Preferably .FBX. I've exported the body from bodyslide, but it doesn't have head and hands, as I've already mentioned. I'd like to model some clothes, but can't find the source to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're placing an object such as a chem bench or armour bench via script. For example with placeatme. How would you then link that furniture to the current settlement workshop, if it was within the bounds of one. So that it would then automatically access and allow use of the settlement shared storage.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, Elsidia said:

Can you help me how to correct syntax for GetVMScriptVariable in fo4edit? I'm noob and can't find answer in internet.

I'm sorry. I don't really understand what you're asking. GetVMQuestVariable is a function that I use to give access to conditional variables in things like messages, terminals and dialogues. I've only ever used it via the Creation Kit.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:34 PM, DocClox said:

What are you using it for?

I can't use CK because i modify existing mod and i have no originals. I have only mod and source files. At this moment i can't made it only in FO4edit. All works but condition ignores quest variable - in ck it shows as illegal. I need it use for change different dialogue variants - when start dialogue i check for player inventory status and if in inventory is some of items i open new dialogue menu. In script i make variable set to true if i have those type on in items and those items not wear on me. And then in dialogue i read this variable and show dialogue variant if i have available items in inventory. But probably i can't make this type of condition without ck and use instead of it keyword what added to player if it have available items. condition ref player[014].haskeyword(some sort of keyword)==1.00. I don't know why but fo4edit makes wrong condition subject.getvmquestvariable(quest name[0b020203], ::variable_var)==1.00 - not work: it can't take a quest name if it create in fo4edit. Something like this.