F4:SS - Fallout 4 Slavery System 0.9b (05.08.17)

I'm having an issue I've seen posted before: Enslaved raiders are still considered enemies by the merchants of the wasteland. I need to stay far away from the diner to avoid getting caught in a firefight because of this.

Open Console, select the raider that is getting attacked by friendly npcs and type setav 2bc 1. Now go meet some friendly npcs.

I'm having an issue I've seen posted before: Enslaved raiders are still considered enemies by the merchants of the wasteland. I need to stay far away from the diner to avoid getting caught in a firefight because of this.

Open Console, select the raider that is getting attacked by friendly npcs and type setav 2bc 1. Now go meet some friendly npcs.

Aggression actor value editing is working again???

Bethesda broke that in like the first patch for Skyrim and I didn't even try it as I didn't even sorta believe it would be working in Fallout 4 since they absolutely ANNIHILATED so many console commands into virtual worthlessness...

Aggression actor value editing is working again???

Bethesda broke that in like the first patch for Skyrim and I didn't even try it as I didn't even sorta believe it would be working in Fallout 4 since they absolutely ANNIHILATED so many console commands into virtual worthlessness...

Always worked for me.

Note to all prospective modders out there:

The skill level of mod authors varies a lot. If you learn by example - learn from AG12.

He provides his source code. That in itself is a big plus.

He uses a standard prefix - for everything. Makes it really easy to filter in the Creation Kit.

He actually comments his code - and the comments are meaningful. This is rare.

Code is well structured and broken into meaningful blocks. Very rare.

Spacing and indentation helps the above. He must use a tool.

I see no signs of getting "cute" with esoteric code constructs. Heaven spare us from clever programmers whose code is impossible to maintain.

Anyway, if you enjoy reading code - and maybe learn a thing or two - give it a peek.

The skill level of mod authors varies a lot. If you learn by example - learn from AG12.

He uses a standard prefix - for everything. Makes it really easy to filter in the Creation Kit.

He actually comments his code - and the comments are meaningful. This is rare.

Code is well structured and broken into meaningful blocks. Very rare.

Spacing and indentation helps the above. He must use a tool.

I see no signs of getting "cute" with esoteric code constructs. Heaven spare us from clever programmers whose code is impossible to maintain.

Anyway, if you enjoy reading code - and maybe learn a thing or two - give it a peek.

That was enjoyable!! :)

Well formatted, commented and just a pleasure to read.

Reminds me of messing with cgi & php... waaaay back.

Appears AG12 codes for a living... or should anyway.

A large portion of the problem on that one is that unlike with the Skyrim Creation Kit .bsa archive packer, the Fallout 4 .ba2 archive packer DOES NOT include the .psc files (source code files). This pretty much means that if the author packs his mod's resources into a .ba2 archive, then odds are EXTREMELY high that there will be no source code unless they specifically go out of their way to improve it.

Bethesda did everyone a great disservice by doing this, and what - all to save something like 500 bytes of data per mod? >_<

A large portion of the problem on that one is that unlike with the Skyrim Creation Kit .bsa archive packer, the Fallout 4 .ba2 archive packer DOES NOT include the .psc files (source code files). This pretty much means that if the author packs his mod's resources into a .ba2 archive, then odds are EXTREMELY high that there will be no source code unless they specifically go out of their way to improve it.

Bethesda did everyone a great disservice by doing this, and what - all to save something like 500 bytes of data per mod? >_<

I am finding in many cases, modders are so scared of IP theft now that they intentionally do not include source "to protect their mod".

That does all of us a disservice.

I blame the Bethesda console mod support roleout, where initially there was wholesale ripping off PC mods and uploading to Bethesda.net.

I for one try to never use mods without source. It is too valuable a resource to me.

I am finding in many cases, modders are so scared of IP theft now that they intentionally do not include source "to protect their mod".

That does all of us a disservice.

I blame the Bethesda console mod support roleout, where initially there was wholesale ripping off PC mods and uploading to Bethesda.net.

I for one try to never use mods without source. It is too valuable a resource to me.

I've actually seen very little intentional removal of script sources. They will never be included in a .ba2 archive since it doesn't pack em, and in general any "loose" mod I see has them tbh.

I've actually seen very little intentional removal of script sources. They will never be included in a .ba2 archive since it doesn't pack em, and in general any "loose" mod I see has them tbh.

The LL community usually includes source code. It's far less common on other modding sites, though.

The LL community usually includes source code. It's far less common on other modding sites, though.

All my comments were related to Oldrim. I had no idea of the deleterious effects of the BA2 archive before these comments.

Color me appalled...  Is it fair to say that no mods on Bethesda.net, which use the new archiving, include script source?

All my comments were related to Oldrim. I had no idea of the deleterious effects of the BA2 archive before these comments.

Color me appalled...  Is it fair to say that no mods on Bethesda.net, which use the new archiving, include script source?

I have no clue what people on Bethesda.Net do, but at least on regular modding sites, nothing would keep people from zipping up their source repository and include that with the ba2 archive and esp when preparing a release. It's an extra step of work, and something to think of, though.

I have no clue what people on Bethesda.Net do, but at least on regular modding sites, nothing would keep people from zipping up their source repository and include that with the ba2 archive and esp when preparing a release. It's an extra step of work, and something to think of, though.

Problem with Bethesda.net is it is all automated. Push a button, and your mod is packed into an archive and uploaded.

At least that is my impression; don't even know if you can include an extra zip.

Well, I get all my mods from LL and Nexus - we will see what the future brings.

Well, you're technically wrong with regards to Bethesda.net, since you can only upload files directly through their uploader in the CK.

That being said, it DOES let you choose which files to include in the .ba2 archive. Compiled scripts are automatically added, but it gives you the option to put anything else you need into it. The only thing is that I don't know if they auto-strip certain kinds of files (for malware protection purposes and the like). I can't imagine .zip archives would be allowed into the .ba2 archives, and there's no garentee it wouldn't auto-strip .psc files if you tried to include them.

So I really think it WOULD be a safe bet that as fred200 said "no mods uploaded to Bethesda.new will include source code". :/

I did some searches but came up with no comments about this and I didnt see it in the description but can these slaves be used to farm plots at Nuka World Raider outposts in the Commonwealth? Not the feeder bases, I mean the ones with only raiders. Dam raiders are always whinning about being hungry often with untended food plots near and they get more bitchy if you assign them.

I did some searches but came up with no comments about this and I didnt see it in the description but can these slaves be used to farm plots at Nuka World Raider outposts in the Commonwealth? Not the feeder bases, I mean the ones with only raiders. Dam raiders are always whinning about being hungry often with untended food plots near and they get more bitchy if you assign them.

As this is in the early stages of development, slaves are not assignable..... yet.

I'm sure they will be at some point.. a slaves gotta work ya know. lol

The whole "I want everything done for me cause I'm a special flower" crap, really killed Nuka World for me. Now, Gage never makes it out of Cola Cars. lol.

I have been playing a while with this and it looks very promising. Great work ag12.

Bug Report: Sold slaves are not removed from the 'active slave slot', so they still fast travel with the player and after a while enslaving fails because all slots are full. It took me a while to realize that as I never use fast travel, so the only symptom was the rather confusing notification "You cannot do this!" confused.gif . Fortunately the source is included and searching for that message helped me find the problem. Yay for included source. You may want to have some more specific messaghes though biggrin.png. Fast traveling and then killing the previously sold slaves solved the problem.

Some other things I spotted, not sure which ones are on purpose and which ones are bugs.

- As the other users write sometimes freshly enslaved ncps mysteriously get a coller if you don't assign them any or remove theirs (mine get white institute collar, which looks different than the black painted ones I use). Maybe a symptom of data resusage from slots?

- Freshly captured slaves tend escape from their handcuffs within seconds - there does not seem to be any struggling and they just stand there letting their head and arms hang.

After the first time the shock collar fires they stop doing that.

- Your 'hands bound on back' animation looks very different than the one from the Torture Devices Integration. Putting slaves in cuffs initially causes them to use the one from Torture Devices, but at some time they randomly snap back to yours. I actually prefer the one from Torture Devices. They do correctly keep their stance when hands are bound on front.

- Slaves assume your 'hands bound on back' stance even when they are not cuffed. Removing their cuffs they behave normally for a few seconds and then some update happens and they change stance.

I will say sold slaves do not fast travel with me. They remain in their bondage pose at the pole.

Fast travel away, fast travel back - still there.  Day or two later they are gone. Might depend on type of slave (unique, respawning, etc.)

No idea about occupied active slots - I have not sold enough to fill them up.

Ok, I tried out a bit more, situation is more complicated than I initially thought.

I sold 2 groups of 3 slaves each. The first group bugged out and continued fast travelling with me. The second did not, they properly disappeared. Maybe the reason is that the first three slaves were in 'follow me' mode and the second three were in 'wait' mode. Maybe that is just coincidence, I don't know.

Both groups did not free their slots though, so I was unable to get more slaves after I had 2 slaves. I killed the first group after fast-travelling and am now back on 5 slaves. The three slots from the second group are still occupied and I don't see a way to get them free. Well.. I was warned that the mod is alpha and may try to kill me laugh.png.

Ok, I tried out a bit more, situation is more complicated than I initially thought.

I sold 2 groups of 3 slaves each. The first group bugged out and continued fast travelling with me. The second did not, they properly disappeared. Maybe the reason is that the first three slaves were in 'follow me' mode and the second three were in 'wait' mode. Maybe that is just coincidence, I don't know.

Both groups did not free their slots though, so I was unable to get more slaves after I had 2 slaves. I killed the first group after fast-travelling and am now back on 5 slaves. The three slots from the second group are still occupied and I don't see a way to get them free. Well.. I was warned that the mod is alpha and may try to kill me laugh.png.

Work around for the Auction Pole. (and a little exploitation)

BEFORE selling a slave...

open the console and write down the slaves prid.  (slaves are never killed.. sooo..)

Sell your slave...

Wait/fast travel 24hrs. (it takes 24hrs. to trigger the "pickup") Ignore Sold slaves that fast travel with you! They should stay at the first fast travel location.. until the "pickup" is triggered. OR.. will be waiting when you return and can be sold again.

Collect your caps..

Now.... Get that/those slaves back.

Open the console,

Type prid number you wrote down, enter

Type enable enter

Type moveto player enter

You will see they are still following you as if nothing has happened.  You can now resell them or whatever you'd like to do.

Now for the exploitation part.

Build a few Auction poles. At least 2.. or more.

Pick 1 (one) slave, preferably with a good "Value" and assign them to each individual Auction Pole 3 times.

ie: There are 3 slots for each pole. You can assign the same slave to all three slots, on ALL the poles you've built, just by "Talking" to them again.

So, if your slave value is 500 caps and you have 3 auction poles, that's 4,500 caps every 24hrs. :)

Oh! Don't forget to write down the prid of ANY slave you sell... Slave Traders have to keep records ya know!

Edit:

I like to "Sell" slaves at one of the Northern settlements, then fast travel to Rocky Cave and back, it's a 26hr. round trip. And Rocky Cave loads pretty fast.

edit: sperling!

@izzyknows:

It's really not much of an "exploit" if you're gonna use console commands. If you wanted to cheat extra money with console commands, just type:

player.additem f 10000000
...And let the caps rain! Much easier. :]

Technically, you're not using console commands to exploit the auction pole, only to manage your inventory.

Since, at the moment, the script is not removing the slave from the players inventory only adding them to an available pole slot....

But...

player.additem f is much easier! lol

I've been playing around with this recently and having quite a bit of fun. I'm trying to get myself three well trained Gunner girls I can use as pack mules once I've cleaned out an area.

About the business of not killing slaves sold slave: I had a couple of thoughts. Probably nothing you haven't considered but for what they may be worth:

The big problem with not killing them is that you run the risk of permanently depopulating raider and gunner nests. If the captive dies, they'll respawn and can be captured again. Killing them also has the advantage that you can satisfy "Kill X" quests by enslaving someone instead.

An alternative approach is the Paradise Halls one of cloning the captive and then killing the original. That means that anyone enslaved is dead to the game engine, but you can keep the or sell them. That does run the risk of bloat over time however, as you can keep harvesting the raiders and just not sell them.

A hybrid approach might be to not kill them until sold, and then kill them off while keeping a clone or two off screen for later encounters. You could have encounters with past slaves, then junk the slaves once the encounter was over and save the next couple of sell-offs.

Of course, a lot of that only applies to generic NPCs. Named ones you could safely clone and kill on enslavement. That way the player doesn't have to see his named NPC to finish the quest, but we still don't end up with unlimited generics.

Anyway, just some thoughts. You've got me wanting to break out the modding tools for the first time in ages.

Hey there, loving the mod. Seeing a new BDSM mod just today or something for other kinky endevours using the enslavement frameworks provided. Ha!

In any case, I wanted to ask if I could use your auction pole code script in a tiny WIP of my own relating to slave auctions purely from the vanilla store system.