F4:SS - Fallout 4 Slavery System 0.9b (05.08.17)

Slavery categories are part of F4SS, and should not show up until F4SS is installed.

My understanding of how it works - I have been known to be wrong.

Community Restraints Pack has the workshop items (hardware)

F4:SS has the slavery mechanics (software) and I believe the stimpak syringe.

Edit:

V0.8

Changed: Integrated F4SS workshop items into CRP categories

Technically.. F4:SS does have those workshop items.. sleeping bag selling pole etc..

but uses the CRP Slavery master category. So the "Slavery" category will show up when installing CRP.

That is what I was trying (and failing) to say. LOL!

Love it, it's so cool how it works so far, but is there a way to make the slaves actually stop following when I fast travel even if they're told to wait? Seeing as talking to them does nothing currently, (i.e. bringing up a dismiss option or anything.) at least it doesn't do anything for me. Tired of trash can Carla attacking my slaves when I fast travel to sanctuary hills, catfights are nice, but that old bitch creeps me out! She's lucky she sells stuff. Also the cat and cow at Abernathy farm are terrified of my gunner slaves and running around like they're on ultrajet.

Love it, it's so cool how it works so far, but is there a way to make the slaves actually stop following when I fast travel even if they're told to wait? Seeing as talking to them does nothing currently, (i.e. bringing up a dismiss option or anything.) at least it doesn't do anything for me. Tired of trash can Carla attacking my slaves when I fast travel to sanctuary hills, catfights are nice, but that old bitch creeps me out! She's lucky she sells stuff. Also the cat and cow at Abernathy farm are terrified of my gunner slaves and running around like they're on ultrajet.

'like they're on ultrajet' .. best comment so far.

At the moment, the 'Wait' function is part of a modified 'follow' procedure - therefore they'll still fast-travel to you. Once we get the appropriate animations, you'll be able to tie up slaves and leave them somewhere. (Until they break free of their restraints and make a run for it, which they will most certainly attempt). For now however, the only option to leave slaves behind is by using the Slave Sleeping Bag in a Settlement, which will 'store' the slave for you.

Got it to work.

But I'm just wondering if/when support for gags, hoods, etc. might be added?

When someone makes them or ports them over. I've already managed to port over three collars and three sets of handcuffs from ZaZ which I will release in the next version of CRP, but I haven't tried my luck with head accessories, yet. So if someone wants to expedite this process, just port stuff over from Skyrim. We have all these great assets, but they are on the 'wrong' platform at the moment.

Slavery categories are part of F4SS, and should not show up until F4SS is installed.

My understanding of how it works - I have been known to be wrong.

Community Restraints Pack has the workshop items (hardware)

F4:SS has the slavery mechanics (software) and I believe the stimpak syringe.

Edit:

V0.8

Changed: Integrated F4SS workshop items into CRP categories

Technically.. F4:SS does have those workshop items.. sleeping bag selling pole etc..

but uses the CRP Slavery master category. So the "Slavery" category will show up when installing CRP.

That is what I was trying (and failing) to say. LOL!

Thanks for pointing all that out. :)

Same problem, no slave menu visible or not, had same problem with the last version as well, just used the console to spawn the sleeping bag but can't seem to find the id for the selling pole, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I had the same problem at one point. Here's what I did to fix it. (keep in mind, this worked for me... not saying it will for you, but might be worth a shot.)

Step 1:

Uninstall all three mods...

Community Restraints Pack

TortureDevices 1.5

F4SS

Make sure, manually check, that all files have been removed. (for me, NMM left a few remnants)

Step 2:

Install Community Restraints Pack

Load a clean save, go into the workshop and make sure the menu shows up (Slavery will be invisible, no icon to the far right).... Hard/Manual save and exit game.

Step 3:

Install TortureDevices 1.5

Load your save you just made (not the Exit save) and check the menu.

You should have Torture Devices then the invisible (far right) Slavery categories.

attachicon.gifFallout 4 02.13.2017 - 22.16.29.02 (2).png

Hard/Manual Save and exit.

Step 4:

Install F4:SS

Check load order (just to make sure)

Load your save (again not the exit save)

Go craft your restraints, Pax, Stimpak and shock baton and start slaving!

A pain... I know, but that's what worked for me. :P

Thank you this worked, I appreciate the help.  not that it matters but my slavery category shows the cross icon and the TD menu is invisible, but all items are available.  thanks again for the help.  great mod and I'm sure it will keep getting better.

Thank you this worked, I appreciate the help.  not that it matters but my slavery category shows the cross icon and the TD menu is invisible, but all items are available.  thanks again for the help.  great mod and I'm sure it will keep getting better.

You're welcome. :)

I spent the last hour loading up old saves, trying to find one with the institute, BOS, & nuka world discovered but not worn out.

Now, like you, the categories have swapped places & icons.. err.. "icon" lol!

Possible Bug Report?
I just now enslaved the entire Nuka Town. After enslaving about 15 or so raiders, I stopped putting restraints on them and just popped their heads after they ran to me.
Then, they started to auto equip un-modded institute collars & handcuffs. NOT from my inventory.
I ended up with 20+ extra sets of restraints. :)
Went like so...
Shot with Pax
Hit "e"

Take all gear but gun (generally)

Hit "tab"

Restraints would appear on slave.

Slaver XP would go up.

0.log...

I ran through Nuka Town again, clean save, from front porch of Cola Cars until last raider was slaved/killed. Only happened a couple times towards the end.

1.log...

Has the most auto restraint instances. BUT, I forgot I had a glitched recycler in Sanctuary which adds bunch of BS.
Bounced between Sanctuary, NW, Sanctuary, Sunshine things....transporting slaves.

On a side note,

The female standing guard outside the Pack entrance... capture her first and keep her with you.

She tries to hook up with everybody!

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.1.log

Is there a possible conflict with Start Me Up mod ? 
After creating my character i get info about F4 SS being initialized and Syringer and 3 pax bolts placed in my inventory. 
But then if i start some alternate scenario OR choose skiping the Pre-War part ( starting with character waking up in the Vault cryo ) i have no Syringer in my inventory.. 

I haven't played far yet so i cant confirm if i craft Syringer myself it will work :( 

After creating my character i get info about F4 SS being initialized and Syringer and 3 pax bolts placed in my inventory. 

But then if i start some alternate scenario OR choose skiping the Pre-War part ( starting with character waking up in the Vault cryo ) i have no Syringer in my inventory.. 

I haven't played far yet so i cant confirm if i craft Syringer myself it will work :(

???

Why wouldn't it work with a crafted syringer? It's basically just a debug function that gives you the syringer so you don't need to craft one. That's hardly a conflict.

???

Why wouldn't it work with a crafted syringer? It's basically just a debug function that gives you the syringer so you don't need to craft one. That's hardly a conflict.

Oh thats good. 

Im just little paranoid, i have 85 mods and 156 plugins installed and im mortified that something will fuck my game and i will have no choice but to spend shitload of time looking for that one thing that goes wrong.

???

FYI, all items get removed from the player's inventory when they leave Vault 111 at the start of the game. As such, if you have a mod that adds items to the player's inventory when it initializes they will be removed.

The best solution to this is to employ a timer that waits until AFTER the prologue is completed to add the items. I've used this in the past for my mods that add a settings holotape to the player's inventory and the like.

Here's a script resource for the timer, it's very, VERY easy to set up:

ScriptName QuestTimerScript Extends Quest  

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
; EVENTS  

Event OnQuestInit()  
  StartTimer(10, QuestTimer)  
EndEvent  

Event OnTimer(Int aiTimerID)  
  If MQ102.IsStageDone(6) == False  
    StartTimer(10, QuestTimer)  
  Else  
    Self.Stop()  
  EndIf  
EndEvent  

Event OnQuestShutdown()  
  Player.AddItem(ItemToAdd, 1, False)  
EndEvent  

; PROPERTIES  

Actor Property Player Auto  

Int Property QuestTimer Auto  

Quest Property MQ102 Auto  

Form Property ItemToAdd Auto  
Source: https://community.bethesda.net/message/62575#62575

If you want to avoid having a period event scanning for quest state change and can live with the trigger firing around where the fence around vault 111 is, I solved that issue with a OnLocationChange() event sent to the playerref. If OldLocation is Vault111Location and NewLocation is something else, equip whatever needs equipping and then set a flag so the code triggers only once.

If you want to avoid having a period event scanning for quest state change and can live with the trigger firing around where the fence around vault 111 is, I solved that issue with a OnLocationChange() event sent to the playerref. If OldLocation is Vault111Location and NewLocation is something else, equip whatever needs equipping and then set a flag so the code triggers only once.

Then you run the risk that any mod that allows the player to start somewhere other than Vault 111 won't work, or that a mod that edits Vault 111 will break the trigger, or that your trigger placements will break a mod that edits Vault 111.

These kinds of polling scripts are really quite light and are given a very low priority on the papyrus stack. I would just use the script as it's by far the cleanest and most openly compatible way to do this.

Then you run the risk that any mod that allows the player to start somewhere other than Vault 111 won't work, or that a mod that edits Vault 111 will break the trigger, or that your trigger placements will break a mod that edits Vault 111.

These kinds of polling scripts are really quite light and are given a very low priority on the papyrus stack. I would just use the script as it's by far the cleanest and most openly compatible way to do this.

A mod doing that will likely change the main quest as well. And the point of that method -is- not to alter any vanilla resources. ;)

...And the point of that method -is- not to alter any vanilla resources.

Buuut just making cell/worldspace edits can be FAR more deadly for mod clashes than just having two mods fighting over editing the same reference, and this is even more true in Fallout 4. :/

---

I know that Skyrim seems to have made everyone TERRIFIED of those super-scary *scripts*, and people seem to have forgotten that *cough* unless implemented poorly, scripts offer much cleaner methods of making edits at runtime, which removes the potential for mod conflicts.

Prime example: the leveled list script that everyone has been using to inject custom-added guns. If they just made plugin edits, you'd need to make compatibility patches out the wazoo, but using a simple script you can just have it run one when the game boots up, amend the form lists, then disable itself forever.

Buuut just making cell/worldspace edits can be FAR more deadly for mod clashes than just having two mods fighting over editing the same reference, and this is even more true in Fallout 4. :/

I guess I did a bad job explaining my method, because it's not doing any cell/worldspace edits. That's the entire idea of it.

I guess I did a bad job explaining my method, because it's not doing any cell/worldspace edits. That's the entire idea of it.

You mentioned using a trigger in a specific area. I presumed that meant you'd be adding a bounding box to that area (and thus, cell/wordspace edits).

I'm having an issue I've seen posted before: Enslaved raiders are still considered enemies by the merchants of the wasteland. I need to stay far away from the diner to avoid getting caught in a firefight because of this.

Inslaved gunners in Nuka world are gunned down by the first raider in sight, even the walking cola bottle in Nuka town attacks them ;)

You mentioned using a trigger in a specific area. I presumed that meant you'd be adding a bounding box to that area (and thus, cell/wordspace edits).

Cheers. I'll just keep it the way it is. As I said, it's really just a debug function that I have in the mod right now so that it's easy for me to hop onto a clean save, quickly enslave the next best person and test a new function, etc. It saves me the 10 seconds of using the console or a workbench to acquire the necessary gear... in the full release that function won't be present anymore and players will just have to acquire the Syringer the 'vanilla' way.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

I'm having an issue I've seen posted before: Enslaved raiders are still considered enemies by the merchants of the wasteland. I need to stay far away from the diner to avoid getting caught in a firefight because of this.

Inslaved gunners in Nuka world are gunned down by the first raider in sight, even the walking cola bottle in Nuka town attacks them ;)

Yeah, there is still issues with the factions. I'm looking into it.

I just have some other stuff to do at the moment and will probably not get around to finishing the next update earlier than this weekend.

Yeah, there is still issues with the factions. I'm looking into it.

I just have some other stuff to do at the moment and will probably not get around to finishing the next update earlier than this weekend.

Iirc Nuka World's raider factions rely on a carefully set up blend of factions and faction ally statuses.

Something like "in normal raider faction (enemy to player faction), in player faction, in raider Nuka faction (ally to player faction and raider faction).

Just have slaves put into the "captive faction" maybe? That's generally what Bethesda seems to have done when they wanted to override faction hostility statuses. I mean the note on that faction reads "friendly to all" or somthing like that, and I've used it myself in the past to solve issues like this one. :]