Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

Could some please make a skeleton that gives you the normal hgec d-cup body with medium waste and a version a VORB that doesn't cut the feet off your character when wearing clothes? Thanks.

Also, whenever the breasts of my character are under a harsh light (I.e. like in the testing hall or the inventory menu) I can see ugly shadow artifacts underneath the breasts that are not on the non-VORB version of hgec.

Skeletons are easy to make, if you look back a few posts you will see instructions on how to do this.  Get the formID finder plugin, and use that and go in the game, and find an NPC body that appeals to you or is close to the body you want.  use formID finder, and find out what skeleton that npc is using.  Copy it from data folder, save it to desktop.  open with nifscope, and follow the instructions on these pages to change things.  It's really easy...I've never used nifscope before this and I was able to do it :)  when you are done changing it, save it into the data folder as skeleton.nif (back up your original!!) and check it out in game. do this until your satisfied :D

Also, can you post screenshots of these artifacts?  Might be something to do with the textures you are using?  I'm personally using Ozmo's high rez textures and I haven't had that problem with VORB, whether with my own PC's or in the NPC's that I have seen.  I'll try to help if I can, but I'm no expert with this, or the mod maker but I am an enthusiast of this mod :)

Skeletons are easy to make' date=' if you look back a few posts you will see instructions on how to do this.  Get the formID finder plugin, and use that and go in the game, and find an NPC body that appeals to you or is close to the body you want.  use formID finder, and find out what skeleton that npc is using.  Copy it from data folder, save it to desktop.  open with nifscope, and follow the instructions on these pages to change things.  It's really easy...I've never used nifscope before this and I was able to do it :)  when you are done changing it, save it into the data folder as skeleton.nif (back up your original!!) and check it out in game. do this until your satisfied :D

Also, can you post screenshots of these artifacts?  Might be something to do with the textures you are using?  I'm personally using Ozmo's high rez textures and I haven't had that problem with VORB, whether with my own PC's or in the NPC's that I have seen.  I'll try to help if I can, but I'm no expert with this, or the mod maker but I am an enthusiast of this mod :)

[/quote']

Concerning the making of new skeletons, I have another suggestion. If you're using gmax/3dsmax/blender or something similar (anything goes, as long as it imports .nif's)

You can also import femaleupperbody.nif and femalelowerbody.nif, so you have the mesh, and then import the specific skeleton. It'll overwrite the basic skeleton in the upper and lowerbody during your session. You can immediately see your edits, when you scale the bones to the preferred sizes.

Just remember to delete the meshes before you export to a new .nif, so that you only have the skeleton left.

I personally use 3dsmax, mainly because I was already familiar with it's layout from gmax.

Gmax is free, by the way. (3dsmax is unreasonably expensive. And I do mean UNREASONABLY expensive;  :P )

Just wondering, because of the previous posts. Would a pregnant version of the skeletons be possible with the current weightpainting?

If it would, then this mod + tamago/hyoko would be better than sliced bread, so to say.

Also, something else I was wondering (to be used in conjunction with the previous question): Is it possible to create a scriptfunction to exchange two skeletons ingame?

To be used in an edited TamagoSetBody. As in when a character gets pregnant, the script could get the used skeleton, say skel_BrS055_HS076_BoS074_LeS084.nif and then switch it with skel_BrS055_HS076_BoS074_LeS084_preg.nif

Would this be possible, or would someone have to create a whole new OBSE-plugin for that?

Would this be possible' date=' or would someone have to create a whole new OBSE-plugin for that?

[/quote']

Maybe if me or somebody else would add another bone and weightpainting to the female template it should be possible with a "simple" animation like the ones Grofwl is using for his scaling mod and of course an esp file for controlling that. Something i can´t do, because i have no skill in scripting esp.

Progress Update on converting tool: it is running throught without any bugs now. I think i have to add a gui for it. After that it should be ready for release.

Would this be possible' date=' or would someone have to create a whole new OBSE-plugin for that?

[/quote']

Maybe if me or somebody else would add another bone and weightpainting to the female template it should be possible with a "simple" animation like the ones Grofwl is using for his scaling mod and of course an esp file for controlling that. Something i can´t do, because i have no skill in scripting esp.

Progress Update on converting tool: it is running throught without any bugs now. I think i have to add a gui for it. After that it should be ready for release.

Wouldn't that "simple animation" need to override all other running animations first, thereby rendering all other actions impossible?

Also, great to hear the converting tool is coming along nicely.

Good News. The last days i hacked together a tool that let everybody convert their clothes on their own. It is of course a beta version. There are some requirements:

1. You have to run a screen resolution of 1440x900.

2. Maybe installed blender 2.49 + nifscripts for it

3. Maybe nifskope installed

I packed together a version of VORB + above tools, maybe it will work without a previous installation of them.

Thats it! Converting clothes and armor is totaly easy then.

Best results would be achived if source clothes are HCEG E-Cup for female. For male i think roberts is the best, but others should work also.

What do you have you do? Put the unzipped folder of the clothes you want to convert into the VORB/source directory. Run VORB.exe. You first have to categorize the clothes/armor. You will see the options. This is for the converting tool that have to know how to convert clothes and if it should convert it. After you categorized them you click on convert. Now the magic begins or it should ;) You have to do nothing besides watching and waiting. If you want to stop the converting process you can hit ctrl+x and the tool will exit.

If all added clothes are converted you will get a message and you can exit the tool. Now you have a folder in VORB/converted that is the same as the one you put into the VORB/sources folder but with VORBatized clothes. Install it like the regular Clothes Mod.

I would be happy if the community would upload the converted clothes/armor (packs) at tesnexus and please only at tesnexus. Please name it VORB "Version of VORBTool" "regular name of the pack". If you do so it is easy for others to find converted clothes.

The Version number is nesessary because i will enhance VORB in future. And sometimes it would be good if clothes would be converted again with the new Version to have the new features of the new version.

So name it like "VORB V1B Bare Shoulder Dresses v1"

Thats is for now. It is released at tesnexus http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013

It is still in Beta. On my machines it runs perfectly now, but maybe not on yours. So it would be great go get some reports.

Edit: After converting you have to click on rebuild packs. Only then the packs got repacked in converted folder

Edit2: if the tool is running to fast and clicks before something is ready in blender and hangs then, you could change the Speed values i put into the Vorb.ini. Also the tool creates a list which clothes are processed correctly. If you stop the script while processing it will restart the wrong processed converting automatically

I'm doing a clean Oblivion installation with VORB at the moment and will try the VORB toolkit afterwards.

I'll report in... :)

-EDIT

While the Oblivion installation is still in progress I tried firing up your toolkit... only to find out it's a 64bit executable. My VirtualMachines are running Windows XP 32bit... so is it possible to get a 32bit version of this?

VORB converting tool!!!    I...AM....SO...STOKED!!  Thanks Vader!  After I'm done with my next project, which might take me a bit :(  I'll give it a go!  I can't WAIT.  But....downloading now anyways!  haha, this is awesome!  Converting our own clothes to VORB  nice!    \o/

I will leave for vacation tomorow. After relaxing in the sun with cocktails, pools and girls ;) i think i could add the skeleton generator skript to the tool. Maybe i find a way to make it easy to configure and then everybody should be able...

If only i could find a way to let the nif files show in realtime with sliders and so on, you know what i mean...

But i have not much hope to find out a way to do it.

I think i will upload some of the clothes/armor packs that are converting now.

Maybe you people could help me to advertise a bit for VORB like talking in the offical thread in Beths forums. If more modder/user would look into VORB the old body type system with all his flaws would dismiss and making mods would be much easier. In special those mods which we love here ;)

Before you leave, I have another question. The readme states that to have a specific body-type to be used by the player, one has to rename it to skeleton.nif

Do you also have to rename it to this if you're playing beast-characters (ie. argonians khajiit, tabaxi, etc.), or does that require you to rename it to skeletonbeast.nif?

Yepp you are right! skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif are only for the player character if you have build a bashed patch with all mods active. You always can replace both with a skel_xxx file when using VORB. The skel_xxx files use a universal skeleton that work for all races.

Thanks for the upload.

Sadly, there seems to be a problem - at least in my VM.

When I start the conversion process, blender will start up, showing the 'Open File' dialog showing 'Z:\' and 'fullbody_male.nif.blend' in the selection.

Then, nothing happens.

I have set up the VM so Z: is actually the root of the toolkit, where VORB.exe and the .ahk files reside.

Archived