Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

i have uploaded version 1.56 of VORB @ http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013

- Infinit meshes should be fixed

- Reduced seams at feed for male.

- New skeletonbeast and skeleton.nif added

- Roberts male and HGEC standard armor are default clothes and armor for VORB.

- males now have a schnippidilli ;)

- there shoudn´t be any texture corruption

- all clothes and armor were processed again with the help of the converting site http://vorb.nlight.de - Easy as it can be.

- First person camera bug is fixed

Use Wrye Bash V292 for activating VORB via bashed patch. You'll find an entry under Tweak Actors.

Get V292 here http://oblivionworks.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/oblivionworks/Programs/Wrye%20Bash.tar.gz?view=tar

(this is the SVN version of Wrye Bash not the official release version)

Please report if it is working correctly for you or not. I haven´t got any info yet.

Version 1.56 is tested on a new Morroblivion installation by me. Didn´t have any seen any bugs.

Well then, I'll file a report. Not about VORB, mind you, but about the converting site.

I can't get it to work, at all. I start uploading a mesh-pack (and tried different configurations within the pack, including putting the meshes-folder at the top-layer of the .7z).

So far, so good, but then it's uploading, and the fun begins when the progress bar doesn't move (I don't really mind, coz. Chrome has its own progress bar-ish system).

After it has been uploaded, I go to converting, where (even after waiting several minutes (up to the point of one hour) it simply tells me it found not a single mesh.

Thus, I can't convert anything.

Any thoughts on this?

Use IE (internet explorer), i was using chrome too and had the same trouble

and Vaderapp it would be really great if during the converting process one could cancel a specific mesh to be converted etc.

im trying to convert remodel cyrodil project, and make some occasional errors and such :(

Well then' date=' I'll file a report. Not about VORB, mind you, but about the converting site.

I can't get it to work, at all. I start uploading a mesh-pack (and tried different configurations within the pack, including putting the meshes-folder at the top-layer of the .7z).

So far, so good, but then it's uploading, and the fun begins when the progress bar doesn't move (I don't really mind, coz. Chrome has its own progress bar-ish system).

After it has been uploaded, I go to converting, where (even after waiting several minutes (up to the point of one hour) it simply tells me it found not a single mesh.

Thus, I can't convert anything.

Any thoughts on this?

[/quote']

Maybe its because luffyboy uploaded > 3000 meshes, that are queued and crashing my vms because of unconvertable meshes ;)

@luffyboy i am adding a correcture system for categorizing now. Hope to get it running later this evening. i ll update you here.

@bigwell that is also in V1.56 and maybe something that can´t be fixed, because of the new weightpainting. I will have a look into weightpainting after the other things on my list.

Use IE (internet explorer)' date=' i was using chrome too and had the same trouble

and Vaderapp it would be really great if during the converting process one could cancel a specific mesh to be converted etc.

im trying to convert remodel cyrodil project, and make some occasional errors and such :(

[/quote']

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. Using Firefox now.

@VadersApp: it might be useful to place a warning on the site that it doesn't play nice with Google Chrome (yet). That would avoid further issues like this... at least for anyone who actually looks at the site.  :P

Edit: Now I run into a different problem. After screenshots have been made, it throws this error at me, when selecting the categorizing part of the site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /srv/www/vhosts/nlight.de/subdomains/vorb/httpdocs/categorize.inc.php on line 72

Obviously, I can't convert the pack in this way.

Second edit: and now it doesn't throw any errors.  :o

I can't get my head around this anymore. Anyways, it seems to work now, so I don't mind.  :P

Yet another edit: I found something. It seems not all items are accurately screen-captured. Some are way off, to the point that I can't figure out what armor it is. Some even don't have a image shown. For greaves, gauntlets, pants and the like (anything that doesn't include upper-body) this isn't that bad, but for armors and clothes, it's terrible.

I think it would be useful to include the first few maps the mesh is located in, in the shown path. That way, one can go by the image or, if that doesn't work, by the path of the item.

Just a suggestion, though. Do with it what you want.

hehe i programming at the moment' date=' thats why error msgs come up here and there...

progress is fine. Think that recategorizing will work in few hours.

[/quote']

Well, that could explain just about every problem I'm having. Were you busy with the screenshot-code, too? That would explain the missing screenshots.

Thank you too! If you want to recategorize some meshes click the checkboxes and then the corresponding recategorize button for the pack (it is next to the status bars). Previous made categorizing for the mesh are preallocated.

Edit: Heya fixed another bug. If folders contains many meshes the export function was to fast. blender had no time to read the whole folder. Added some waiting time. now converting runs much more through.

But as you mind-read' date=' i am having some problems with the screenshooting routine. Try to find a fix for it now...

[/quote']

I'm sorry for the grammar-correction, but that's a thing I just can't seem to let go.  :-\

Now, back on-topic, as I noted before:

I think it would be useful to include the first few maps the mesh is located in' date=' in the shown path. That way, one can go by the image or, if that doesn't work, by the path of the item.

[/quote']

Of course, that would only be a temporary fix, but it will help with about 90% of the mods on sight (estimate, of course).

Most mods at least have a somewhat logical name for the clothing/armor folder, and for the (estimated) 10% that don't, one can alway load up nifscope, to see what the armor/clothing looks like.

I think it would be useful to include the first few maps the mesh is located in' date=' in the shown path. That way, one can go by the image or, if that doesn't work, by the path of the item.

[/quote']

done

Wonderful.  8)

I can assure you, it works like a charm. Now, the only meshes I couldn't figure out were meshes, which themselves were a mystery to begin with (stuff above/between the breasts) Any idea on what to do with those? (think SI order-robes and the like)

Eveything from the breast down to the feet (boots yes, shoes no) should be converted. But the problem now is that the mesh has to be clicked in blender to activate it. There is no hotkey to do that :o. I think i have to add a lot of clicks to the area. Trying it out now...

Eveything from the breast down to the feet (boots yes' date=' shoes no) should be converted. But the problem now is that the mesh has to be clicked in blender to activate it. There is no hotkey to do that :o . I think i have to add a lot of clicks to the area. Trying it out now...

[/quote']

??? That's not exactly what I meant. I'm aware of what kind of clothing has to be converted, I was wondering about the BBB in these kinds of models.  :P

I chose full-BBB, but I'm not too sure about it, actually.  ::)

Also, it might be useful to add the paths to the status-page too. At the moment I have exactly (yes, I counted them  :P ) 40 different shirt.nif files uploaded for conversion. No idea which one is which, so if I made an error there, I wouldn't know which one.

i will add the path to status bar soon .

I converted clothes full bbb chainmail armor and leather less bbb, iron no bbb.

I am trying to find a mesh in blender by searching a pixelcolor, then get coordinates and click to coordinates. Maybe that could fix a lot of problems.

Edit: searching pixelcolor worked, but before joining the whole mesh every single mesh must be clicked, that is not possible the way i tried.

Path is added to status bars.

@luffyboy

Your mega pack (1981 meshes) has been converted, is 7zipping now and then being uploaded. I wonder if my scripts can handle this massive data.

You blocked other packs for 2 days ;)

But it was a great help in finding bugs and optimizing the converting routines.

I am sure that not every mesh will behave as it should because of converted meshes that shouldn´t be converted, but with the new recategorizing mechanism it can be corrected by you. If you find a mesh that behace unnatural, find it in the status page and recategorize it. After reconverting the pack will be zipped and uploaded again replacing the old file automatically.

EDIT:

I checked it there are two folder in there one with the converted and one with the original meshes. Be sure to use the first one.

Everything works, some meshes should be recategorized, you find them while wandering around. but nothing game stopping

Archived