Anyone tried VORB?

thesin

So I'm looking at the zip file and am scratching my head.

There is no esp, just meshes/textures.  So how does it decide what skeleton to give to each NPC?

Also, does this mean I need a body mod/skeleton for my character separately from VORB/NPCs?

Does VORB include stock armor/clothing conversions?

I'm just confused.  An indiot's guide would be helpful.  :-\

So I'm looking at the zip file and am scratching my head.

There is no esp' date=' just meshes/textures.  So how does it decide what skeleton to give to each NPC?

Also, does this mean I need a body mod/skeleton for my character separately from VORB/NPCs?

Does VORB include stock armor/clothing conversions?

I'm just confused.  An indiot's guide would be helpful.  :-\

[/quote']

Vorb requires Wyre-Bash to work properly. The version you need is linked to in the Nexus-page of VORB.

You make a bashed patch, with the right settings, and that sets the skeletons.

Stock clothing and armor are available (and should be included), and for anything else (it has to be HGEC E-cup) you can use the conversion site, linked to on page 13 or 14 or so.

The body-replacer necessary is a VORB-atized Hgec E-cup, which is included. For males, converted clothing, armor and body are VORB-atized Robert's Male.

Hope this helps.

The code i added to svn now it is officialy in the new version :)

That makes things a lot easier.

You only have to install VORB 1.56 and run Wrye Bashs bached patch with Tweak Actors checked and then VORB checked.

After bashed patch is rebuild. activate bashed patch and enjoy VORB for every mod you have installed, meaning evey npc is using VORB.

If you have installed the VORB.esp for only vanilla npcs deactivate it, because the bashed patch is doing all is needed now

BTW in the last days you may had problems with the converting site. Thats because i enhanced my network with another esxi server. Converting should now be much faster and without so many hickups. I also added some internal features to the converting process..

Great work so far VadersApp, love what you're doing here. I do have a problem to report though. I upgraded from VORB 1.5 to 1.56 and all the missing feet disappeared and all the body clips were smoothed which is just terrific however there is one thing. Apparently from 1.5 to 1.56 somewhere the 1st person camera orientation was shifted 90 degrees down. So now I have to reach the edge of the 180 degree up-down turn radius to look forward. What used to be down now looks behind up-side-down and looking up isn't even possible.

I again optimized the site and internal processing. However there are some meshes that don´t convert because of too much vertices. guyfer2.rar is one of them. Maybe the only way to convert it is to doing it by hand. I also got problems with skin color not exactly like before after converting. I know i had this before, but don´t remember how i fixed it ;)

I ran a session of the game for some minutes with every armor and clothes converted also those added by fcom and every other mod i have installed.  I of course changed the clothes and armor with "colourwheels Sexy Stock Armor and clothing". It was realy immersive! I am really happy how VORB developed until now. If i only find time to play the game. I bought it the day it came out and never played through, because of the damn modding ;) "...only wait till this or that mod is done, and then play the damn game, wait maybe i should wait until this feature of obge is working..." You know what i mean?

Edit: One thing i added is a simple "if then else" thing for categorizing. Some meshes will have correct female/male recoginition. Meshes that shouldn´t be converted won´t show. So categorizing is a bit easier to do now.

I found the skin texture bug in the latest converting code and fixed it. All uploaded packs are now automatically reconverting and downloads will be replaced by corrected versions.

@TheOtherGuy, focus of my modding time is placed on the converting site. After things run good enough i will look into the first person camera problem of VORB 1.56

@TheOtherGuy' date=' focus of my modding time is placed on the converting site. After things run good enough i will look into the first person camera problem of VORB 1.56

[/quote']

First of all i would like to thank you for your hard work on VORB and modding in general, mods have become more than just an extension of a games mechanics they have become a community and i think that is wonderful. I am more of an end user myself but i will probably find the time to get into modeling and may be scripting by the time Skyrim is released.

That aside i have the same issue, and some others, so i am going to post some information in the hopes that it helps you nail down the cause(s). OK so prior to install i was running the following mods, and many more but i am going to mention all the basic framework and body specific ones right now.

PRIOR to install:

OBMM 1.1.12

OBSE 20

Pluggy 125b

HGEC 1.21

EVE HGEC body stock replacer

Roberts v4

NoMaaM (BBB animations)

MBP 2ch++

x117

note for the next step i used the OBMM install method (creating an Omod for each mod) i highly recommend this for troubleshooting purposes.

For the sake of SCIENCE i decided to do the stupid thing and remove nothing prior to installing VORB. I downloaded VORB 1.56, the nomods esp and the VORB HGEC nude Ecup body as well as the VORB stock equip replacer. Using OBMM i installed VORB over HGEC and the HGEC stock equipment replacer, let me emphasize now I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS METHOD. A chaos of missing meshes ensued, as i expected. I fiddled with the load order for awhile but eventually just disabled the HGEC stock replacer and reinstalled VORB this seems to have solved a lot of the missing textures. I then noticed some body texture issues especially on Argonian males (chunks of the body used different skin, especially the feet, other chunks were low res messes), installing Roberts v5 males seems to fix this issue.

Also boots, especially light armor, sink into the ground i have yet to pin this one down.

So the only major problem that i am left with is that in first person view the body parts are shifted over to the right and from what i can see turned around. I have played with the load order but to no avail, the only thing that fixes the problem is deactivating VORB. The best work around that i have found is to use 3rd person camera, which works but is not ideal for a lot or reasons (it is hard to tell when an attack will hit especially for ranged, magic or arrows, characters).

So in conclusion i recommend the following mods along with VORB;

Roberts v5 male

HGEC 1.21 (does not SEEM to conflict but if i find it does i will edit or reply with update)

NoMaaM v3

VORB 1.56

VORB_no_mods.esp

VORB nude or skimpy body (overwrites HGEC and i haven't noticed major issues)

VORB stock equip replacer

I am using OBMM 1.1.12 not Wyrebash, this may be a part of the problem so i am emphasizing it.

So far as load order is concerned i have found fewer issues with VORB set directly underneath the .esms.

in list format:

all .esms

unofficial oblivion patch.esp

VORB_no_mods.esp

everything else .esps

That does not mean this is the ideal load order, it just works for me. If i find another later i will edit this post or reply with details.

I hope all this helps, thanks again for VORB and all the hard work that you put into this and your other projects.

Thank you for your information.

You only need VORB 1.56. It has the standard mesh replacements for male and female on basis of HGEC-E-Cup and Roberts V5 included.

The first person view problem is no incompatibility with other mods. The camera i put in the head of the first person skeleton has wrong rotation information.

Every Pack on the site is reconverted. No wrong skin textures anymore. Please download the packs again, to be sure to replace them with previous versions on your installation. It seems that the converting site runs smooth enough now, mass converting should be less a problem for the system. I think i could take some time and look into the issues with VORB 1.56 now.

@TheOtherGuy' date=' focus of my modding time is placed on the converting site. After things run good enough i will look into the first person camera problem of VORB 1.56

[/quote']

First of all i would like to thank you for your hard work on VORB and modding in general, mods have become more than just an extension of a games mechanics they have become a community and i think that is wonderful. I am more of an end user myself but i will probably find the time to get into modeling and may be scripting by the time Skyrim is released.

That aside i have the same issue, and some others, so i am going to post some information in the hopes that it helps you nail down the cause(s). OK so prior to install i was running the following mods, and many more but i am going to mention all the basic framework and body specific ones right now.

PRIOR to install:

OBMM 1.1.12

OBSE 20

Pluggy 125b

HGEC 1.21

EVE HGEC body stock replacer

Roberts v4

NoMaaM (BBB animations)

MBP 2ch++

x117

note for the next step i used the OBMM install method (creating an Omod for each mod) i highly recommend this for troubleshooting purposes.

For the sake of SCIENCE i decided to do the stupid thing and remove nothing prior to installing VORB. I downloaded VORB 1.56, the nomods esp and the VORB HGEC nude Ecup body as well as the VORB stock equip replacer. Using OBMM i installed VORB over HGEC and the HGEC stock equipment replacer, let me emphasize now I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS METHOD. A chaos of missing meshes ensued, as i expected. I fiddled with the load order for awhile but eventually just disabled the HGEC stock replacer and reinstalled VORB this seems to have solved a lot of the missing textures. I then noticed some body texture issues especially on Argonian males (chunks of the body used different skin, especially the feet, other chunks were low res messes), installing Roberts v5 males seems to fix this issue.

Also boots, especially light armor, sink into the ground i have yet to pin this one down.

So the only major problem that i am left with is that in first person view the body parts are shifted over to the right and from what i can see turned around. I have played with the load order but to no avail, the only thing that fixes the problem is deactivating VORB. The best work around that i have found is to use 3rd person camera, which works but is not ideal for a lot or reasons (it is hard to tell when an attack will hit especially for ranged, magic or arrows, characters).

So in conclusion i recommend the following mods along with VORB;

Roberts v5 male

HGEC 1.21 (does not SEEM to conflict but if i find it does i will edit or reply with update)

NoMaaM v3

VORB 1.56

VORB_no_mods.esp

VORB nude or skimpy body (overwrites HGEC and i haven't noticed major issues)

VORB stock equip replacer

I am using OBMM 1.1.12 not Wyrebash, this may be a part of the problem so i am emphasizing it.

So far as load order is concerned i have found fewer issues with VORB set directly underneath the .esms.

in list format:

all .esms

unofficial oblivion patch.esp

VORB_no_mods.esp

everything else .esps

That does not mean this is the ideal load order, it just works for me. If i find another later i will edit this post or reply with details.

I hope all this helps, thanks again for VORB and all the hard work that you put into this and your other projects.

Thank you so much for posting your results. I thought about trying this mod out but between the Wrye Bash Requirements and the lack of specific cup-size focus I will wait.

Fixed Version 1.60 of VORB is uploaded @ tesnexus http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37013

- fixed first person view (it is now the same as DR6 uses)

- texture fixes

- added underwear meshes

Use latest Wrye Bash to activate VORB by rebuilding bashed patch with Tweak Actors/VORB activated. Be sure that you are using Wrye Bash Version 292. If you are using Wrye Bash no esp file is needed.

Head over to http://vorb.nlight.de if you want to download other VORBatized clothes and armor or convert them online on your own with the help of the VORB automatic converting mechanism.

I have modified the Wrye Bash VORB_NPCSkeletonPatcher so that all female npcs are using different walking animations with bbb when rebuilding bashed patch

I you wanna have a look here is a little vid of VORB 1.6:

Remember those bodies all uses the same bodytype transformed by VORB to 1,000 different body forms at the same time for male and female

I am a littlebit outburned with all the modding. VORB i think i in a state with no bugs and great diversity, so VORB 1.7 will be the last version for some time. I will give the new bosh.py version to Wrye Bash team so that VORB uses the new walking animations. And i will pack together my latest version an will release it as V1.7.

I have modified the Wrye Bash VORB_NPCSkeletonPatcher so that all female npcs are using different walking animations with bbb when rebuilding bashed patch

Remember those bodies all uses the same bodytype transformed by VORB to 1' date='000 different body forms at the same time for male and female

I am a littlebit outburned with all the modding. VORB i think i in a state with no bugs and great diversity, so VORB 1.7 will be the last version for some time. I will give the new bosh.py version to Wrye Bash team so that VORB uses the new walking animations. And i will pack together my latest version an will release it as V1.7.

[/quote']

It looks great in the video!!

Is there any way that you could post a detailed instruction set for installing ver 1.7 with WRYE so that the entire community can try your mod out? I was able to try the original version (1.5) because it didn't use Wrye but since then with your mod releases using Wrye, not many people can try it out.

Remember those bodies all uses the same bodytype transformed by VORB to 1' date='000 different body forms at the same time for male and female

[/quote']

Fantastic work, i installed 1.6 two days ago and it works great! I have held off so long on commenting because i was trying to resolve the sinking feet issue but i am not even sure it is a problem with VORB, but i will get to that in a second.

First of all 1.6 totally resolves the first person interface issue that 1.56 had and actually improves the animations. i don't know if you did the new animations yourself but they look pretty good, the only problem i had was my gauntlets clipping through my camera while stealth sniping with my bow. The bodies look great but version 1.6 is definitely not nude with OBMM so i had to install the VORB 1.42 nude patch (not sure it is compatible as it is no longer on TESnexus).

So the foot issue continues to elude me (the male characters boots sink into the ground to about the level of the foot). The funny thing is that when i first installed 1.6 all boots worked perfectly, no material clipping and no sinking. I then, somehow, re-injured my installation. At the time of original install i was running:

HGEC 1.21

Roberts v5

MBP2ch

MBP2ch++

x117

I then installed VORB 1.6, ran the game and everything was fine. I later reapplied the VORB nude patch v1.42 and reinstalled Roberts (upper and lower bodies only not the clothes). After this point the feet started sinking again. Logically i would assume it was one of these two but i have since run the game with VORB 1.6 only (and the race mods but i am playing a stock darkelf male) and the feet are sinking again so i am out of ideas.

Oh and on a side note the esp doesn't seem to care where in the load order it is placed so i put mine where my old body mods went. I tracked down the crashing issues that i am having and they have nothing to do with VORB.

Helpful critique: VORB is a really great body mod, i love the variety that it adds to the game. Bodies work great, installation and uninstallation is simple and quick using the OBMM create OMod method. Even though you favor Wyrebash we in the OBMM appreciate the extra effort you go to the include us. the one down side is that set body mods won't work for this mod, they don't cause instability but i have noticed lag in small areas with multiple setbody npcs (that is npcs with VORB bodies that i have changed with the setbody 2ch ed.). If i knew anything about scripting or coding i would ask permission to work on an in game body changer. I have read the detailed instructions that you posted earlier in the thread about how to change bodies and it mostly went straight over my head but thank you for detailing the process anyhow.

So yeah, great work! I certainly won't try to argue you out of taking a break from the project you have done a great job and i would say you have earned a break but i am not your boss :)

No, custom human race (Xenius race compilation).

In the meantime, I have tried several things, using old .kfs, old vorb versions and so forth.  However, after a total re-install of Vorb 1.6,  first person is now visible!  :)  Likely I left out the _1stperson directory when unzipping somehow.  But everything looks great!

It looks like the first person animations are now the third person animations in first person view.  Is it possible to switch them back (for those of us not using DR6)?

Guest Jenova23

If someone can plz plz make a BBB butt version for VORB I would be so gratefull thx I also have a few questions thx.  ;D

Question 1. If you make new body shapes compatiable for VORB like DMRA how do you connect it to the cloth's so they still keep that new bodyshape because it always reverts back to your standard hgec body everytime their naked even if its a DMRA converted clothing or does this only use the default bodyshape regardless I just dont want to use setbody for every npc thats why I switched to VORB. :'(

Question 2. How do you use your VORB Bodietypes (W.I.P) where do the files go???

If someone can plz plz make a BBB butt version for VORB I would be so gratefull thx I also have a few questions thx.  ;D

Question 1. If you make new body shapes compatiable for VORB like DMRA how do you connect it to the cloth's so they still keep that new bodyshape because it always reverts back to your standard hgec body everytime their naked even if its a DMRA converted clothing or does this only use the default bodyshape regardless I just dont want to use setbody for every npc thats why I switched to VORB. :'(

Question 2. How do you use your VORB Bodietypes (W.I.P) where do the files go???

1: You DO NOT make new body-types. The body get's it shape from a HGEC E-cup. After that, the skeleton scales parts of the body to the wanted sizes (legs, butt, breasts, etc.). If you want a different body-type, you need to make a new skeleton.

Also, the idea is to only (or at least mostly) convert E-cup clothing, to maintain the same looks. DMRA can be achieved by using the right skeleton. If you DO convert DRMA-clothing/armor, the shape will still differ from most other clothing/armor.

2: VORB body-types are skeletons in a .nif format. They are labeled skel_.nif (I keep forgetting what it says, exactly).

These skeleton files go into the meshes/characters/_male folder. Skeleton.nif and SkeletonBeast.nif are for the player, all others are for NPCs.

If you want a skeleton for a specific NPC, it should be labeled as skel_special_.nif

Hope this helps.

Archived