As for the "you must reach the boss container" thing:

The main problem with this approch is that there are a large number of dungeons with no boss or boss container at all.

Hmm, too bad. I guess dropping the gear at a random place or in a random container inside the dungeon is too complicated?

First, a random container can happen to be at the next corner from the entrance, and secondly, not every dungeons have containers at all.

The point of the mod is to force the PC to leave their equipment OUTSIDE of the dungeon (if they have some specific reason to enter the place in the first place - a quest target, for instance).  :)

It makes little difference if you get back your equipment from the boss container (when there are no enemies around to fight with anymore), or you have to remain naked for a bit longer (until you get back to the entrance).

ON USER REQUEST:

I've created a "Redux" version of Naked Dungeons ver 1.3, which has only a single dependency, namely the SexLab framework (so no Arousal support & Devious Devices content). Other than that, it has the same functionality as the latest version (1.3) of the main mod.

Please report any possible bugs in the Redux version, as I had no opportunity to test it with the Aroused & DD mods uninstalled.

why it need sexlab ? and device devious ?

i don't speak english sorry but if possible french !!

Sorry, I don't speak French, but I think the Google Translator does :shy: .

- The mod needs SexLab, because it's an adult mod, which sometimes triggers SexLab scenes.

- The main mod needs Devious Devices, because it uses it (it adds DD items onto the player character sometimes).

However, a reduced version is also available, which does not need and use DD at all. It's called "Naked Dungeons Redux".

Hi,

Good work :), your mod work perfectly and we can use our soulgems to farm :D.  It is perfect and your menu work very well.

Great work ;).

Thanks a lot.

Orginally I did not plan to extend the mod any further beyond version 1.3, but I've just found a better way of detecting the player's movement from the outside world to interiors, which hopefully will help me make the mod work in more dungeons.

So I think there will be at least one more version of it. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions for that one.

Hi,

Good work :), your mod work perfectly and we can use our soulgems to farm :D.  It is perfect and your menu work very well.

Great work ;).

Thanks a lot.

Orginally I did not plan to extend the mod any further beyond version 1.3, but I've just found a better way of detecting the player's movement from the outside world to interiors, which hopefully will help me make the mod work in more dungeons.

So I think there will be at least one more version of it. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions for that one.

Hi,

Well I would not mind having access to Health, Magicka or Stamina potion :).  I had a few close call but so far they were not top bosses :s (well... one did kick my ass :s and I was sold as a sex slave, but it ended up being a bondage adventure :D and I returned the favor on my second attempt :P) .  I fear what will happen with some relay bad ass one that keep defeating me, (so far my plan is to reduce the difficulty level when it is clear no victory is possible). 

Would your mod activate when we go to Sovngarde or in Miraak realm?  If yes, I guess we will have to disable the mod as there is no way they can be defeated with-out magic protection (Jewellery aka necklace, ring, earrings and various piercing :D ) or lowering the difficulty level to the lowest possible :s (I wonder if Alduin would sell me through simple slavery :lol:).  Maybe have some area with less striping, or the options to keep some Items like potions and jewellery in the inventory (I know I would keep the potions all the time :blush:).

Well those are the suggestions I think about so far, maybe I worry for nothing.

Still great mod, I love your work ;).

First, a random container can happen to be at the next corner from the entrance, and secondly, not every dungeons have containers at all.

The point of the mod is to force the PC to leave their equipment OUTSIDE of the dungeon (if they have some specific reason to enter the place in the first place - a quest target, for instance).  :)

It makes little difference if you get back your equipment from the boss container (when there are no enemies around to fight with anymore), or you have to remain naked for a bit longer (until you get back to the entrance).

Sure thing. :D I just see potential for the mod by also adding in an incentive to actually loot the dungeon naked, if you don't like it, you are the modder. ;-)

Right now when I use it it goes like this:

-Enter dungeon

-Trap triggers (sometimes)

-"Oh shit, this is too hard for me without equipment" (especially without weapons, see my question above ^^)

-Leaves

So while I would lose to actually use your content more, usually I just move to a different dungeon. 

Sure thing. :D I just see potential for the mod by also adding in an incentive to actually loot the dungeon naked, if you don't like it, you are the modder. ;-)

Right now when I use it it goes like this:

-Enter dungeon

-Trap triggers (sometimes)

-"Oh shit, this is too hard for me without equipment" (especially without weapons, see my question above ^^)

-Leaves

So while I would lose to actually use your content more, usually I just move to a different dungeon. 

Yes, I see your point.

It's not about me being the modder and disliking your idea, but me being the modder and cowarding out of a hard-to-implement situation. :shy:

A simple radiant quest (from a modder's point of view), usually looks like the following way:

- you tell the game engine to generate a random location for you, which meet some specfic criteria (e.g. it is a draugr cave AND has a boss container)

- grab the boss container of the location you get, and

- place your quest target item in there

The situation in my mod is the following:

- the player enters a place, of which I know practically nothing at this point, except for that it's a dungeon (I have no idea whether it has a boss container, map marker, location center marker or anything).

- I have to create the quest target (the stripped equipment) somewhere

If I attempt to place it in a non-existent boss container, then the quest won't even start, so the player will have no way to get back their equipment. (This is not entirely true, however, because when the player enters a "normal" dungeon later, then the equipment package will appear normally in the boss container. The problem is, when the player finally grabs the package, ALL of their lost equipment will be given back - not only those pieces of equipment which they lost in this second dungeon, but also those which had been lost in the "dummy" dungeon, say, two weeks ago. I think it would be heavily immersion-breaking.)

No doubt I could make the script test every dungeon the player enters whether it has a boss container or not, and treat the "dummy" dungeons the exact same way the current version of the mod does (placing the package outside), but that would not solve your "oh shit it's too hard / leave" problem in the case of these "dummy" dungeons.

By the way, the easiest way of solving that "how to force the player not to retreat" problem would be to delete the "Trap chance" setting from the MCM once for all (leaving the value at 100%), which would make retreating pointless.  :)

Another problem with the boss container-oriented approach is that I have no idea how to tell the player where to search for their lost equipment. What would tell them? A message box? An unworldly Daedric voice in their head? A letter? (placed there by who on Earth?). A (naked) courier? It's not easy to find a plausible answer  :)

---

As for the weapons: there will be "keep weapons / keep potions & poisons" options in the next version on your request :-)

Yes, I see your point.

It's not about me being the modder and disliking your idea, but me being the modder and cowarding out of a hard-to-implement situation. :shy:

A simple radiant quest (from a modder's point of view), usually looks like the following way:

- you tell the game engine to generate a random location for you, which meet some specfic criteria (e.g. it is a draugr cave AND has a boss container)

- grab the boss container of the location you get, and

- place your quest target item in there

The situation in my mod is the following:

- the player enters a place, of which I know practically nothing at this point, except for that it's a dungeon (I have no idea whether it has a boss container, map marker, location center marker or anything).

- I have to create the quest target (the stripped equipment) somewhere

If I attempt to place it in a non-existent boss container, then the quest won't even start, so the player will have no way to get back their equipment. (This is not entirely true, however, because when the player enters a "normal" dungeon later, then the equipment package will appear normally in the boss container. The problem is, when the player finally grabs the package, ALL of their lost equipment will be given back - not only those pieces of equipment which they lost in this second dungeon, but also those which had been lost in the "dummy" dungeon, say, two weeks ago. I think it would be heavily immersion-breaking.)

Hmm, good point. One solution to the immersion-breaking teleportation of equipment would be to make the first quest fail as soon as the second quest starts, and maybe after a certain amount of days. Death Alternative has a mechanism to soften the total equipment loss by letting the loot reappear at a (vanilla-)merchant, who you can then pay to get your loot back, but maybe that's too much hassle for too little gain. (On a sidenote, what happens when you currently doing a citizen/guard/bandit quest and get hit by another naked dungeons trap? Does that not include the teleportation of loot aswell?)

No doubt I could make the script test every dungeon the player enters whether it has a boss container or not, and treat the "dummy" dungeons the exact same way the current version of the mod does (placing the package outside), but that would not solve your "oh shit it's too hard / leave" problem in the case of these "dummy" dungeons.
True, but those locations without boss chests tend to be shorter (and less difficult) anyway. If the location is a 10x10m cave hiding the loot somewhere is pointless anyway.

From a design perspective, choosing a random container might just work aswell. Granted, sometimes you could find your loot right in the first container, but you would have to judge how far to dwell each time anew. Do you try to recapture your loot even if it is at the end of a multi-stage dungeon? What if it's in the middle? Is it worth sneaking past that deathlord if you know the gear is right behind - or several rooms further? (And if you forego a quest marker, it'll make the uncertainty even more exciting - or frustrating if people miss the container. Probably not a good idea. :D). The point is that randomness throws the user in different situations each time.

As for the weapons: there will be "keep weapons / keep potions & poisons" options in the next version on your request :-)

Awesome, thanks! :)

Another problem with the boss container-oriented approach is that I have no idea how to tell the player where to search for their lost equipment. What would tell them? A message box? An unworldly Daedric voice in their head? A letter? (placed there by who on Earth?). A (naked) courier? It's not easy to find a plausible answer   :)

I bet if you just made the quest description read "find your lost equipment" and put a map marker to it, noone would even notice that technically they couldn't know where to find it. That's skyrim, after all, where the mysterious magical quest marker follows you through the whole game.  ;) "Oh, I better search for clues regarding Brand-Shei's past... let me start by searching at this random location I never heard of before. Oh wow, there's actually a clue! What are the odds?"

By the way, the easiest way of solving that "how to force the player not to retreat" problem would be to delete the "Trap chance" setting from the MCM once for all (leaving the value at 100%), which would make retreating pointless.  :)

True, that would resolve the problem at hand, but make it much more foreseeable and less exciting. It's not a trap at all then and just a "condition" all dungeons share. Where's the thrill in that? ;)

Hmm, good point. One solution to the immersion-breaking teleportation of equipment would be to make the first quest fail as soon as the second quest starts, and maybe after a certain amount of days. Death Alternative has a mechanism to soften the total equipment loss by letting the loot reappear at a (vanilla-)merchant, who you can then pay to get your loot back, but maybe that's too much hassle for too little gain. (On a sidenote, what happens when you currently doing a citizen/guard/bandit quest and get hit by another naked dungeons trap? Does that not include the teleportation of loot aswell?)

Yes, you are right. I was fully aware of this little "teleportation" problem, which was already inherent in my mod from the very beginning, but I decided that the whole thing wasn't worth the hassle of launching a separate quest for every single trap event.

If you are interested, there are more interesting side effects of the way the mod handles the lost equipment.

The stripped gear is placed into a well-hidden chest under the floor of a building (where it is inaccessible without tcl).

If you find yourself in a situation, when your gear is gone after having triggered the trap, and you suddenly begin to miss your favourite soul gem, then all you have to do is to toggle the "keep soulgem" setting in the MCM and then go trigger another dungeon trap, and voila! - the soul gem you lost the other day suddenly appears in your inventory.  :D

But as I was reading your comment, it gave me an idea, which might solve both the "don't retreat" and "how to tell the player where to find it" problem at the same time.

As of now, the "lieutenant" in the "guard/bandit" scenario has two possible lines to say:

1. "Yes, your equipment is here in my pocket, just be nice to me if you want it back"

2. "Oh yes, we tracked down the culprit but he 's fled, go find him yourself"

What if we gave him a third possible option, saying:

3. "Never heard of it. Have you tried to find it in that dungeon?" - from which you would know that your package must be somewhere in there, in a random container, but lacking a quest marker, you would have to go through the whole place, looking into every single chest.

What do you think, would it be too cruel?

Edit: Nah. There IS a quest marker, it would have been a major dick move to forego it.

NEW VERSION (1.4 beta) UPLOADED!

- Improved method of detecting the player's movement from an external to an internal location, which allows the trap be applied to much more dungeons than before.
- Many more location types can be selected in the MCM than before (not only dungeons, but houses, inns, temples and others, even the player's own houses).
- A 5th possible scenario was added to the equipment retrieval quest, in which the equipment will be INSIDE the dungeon (on user request).
- The configurable list of the items NOT being stripped from the player now includes potions, poisons and weapons (on user request).
- Chastity belts and bras are added to the "Allowed devious devices" list.
- Minor bugfixes.

Edit:

KNOWN BUGS:

- The "Nipple piercings" line is not shown in the MCM among the "Allowed devices" settings (which means that nipple piercings are always allowed)
- If the player is wearing devious boots, then the dialog with the second guard in the new "Dungeon" scenario won't proceed after a certain point, which prevents the quest marker from being shown. (Solution: take off the boots and talk to the guard again).

Both bugs will be fixed in the next version.

Been really enjoying your mod. One thought I had to help enforce the idea of having to run through the dungeon naked even if you find random armor in a chest was to use something like the pet collar, or deviously cursed loots slave collar, which enforces nudity. This collar could be found on the pc neck when they wake up after first entering the dungeon and the only way to get it off is to get your gear back. This could also lead to some fun conversations with the guards and random citizen as to the fact the pc is nude with only a collar.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing where things go.

Been really enjoying your mod. One thought I had to help enforce the idea of having to run through the dungeon naked even if you find random armor in a chest was to use something like the pet collar, or deviously cursed loots slave collar, which enforces nudity. This collar could be found on the pc neck when they wake up after first entering the dungeon and the only way to get it off is to get your gear back. This could also lead to some fun conversations with the guards and random citizen as to the fact the pc is nude with only a collar.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing where things go.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Although it would be possible to equip DD items on the PC on trap events, I decided to set this idea aside during the design phase for the following reasons:

1. There are a large number of DD-oriented mods doing similar things, the first and most extensive of them being Kimy's Deviously Cursed Loot. I had to find the place of my mod amongst them with as little interference as possible.

2. As for the "Slave/Slut Collar": these items already exist within the Cursed Loot mod. It wouldn't have been very elegant to create a similar (ripoff) item within my mod, bearing basically the same functionality, but if I decided to use the existing items instead, I would have to make my mod dependent on Kimy's, which I didn't want, since it would keep a large number of people from using my mod. Furthermore, the point in Naked Dungeons is to render it difficult to wear armor inside the dungeons, not to make it entirely impossible.

itd be fun to have a chance to have the trap equip various DD gear that can only be removed by clearing the dungeon and getting your gear back

The reasons I mentioned in my response to darklord2012's suggestions apply to your proposition aswell.

However easy it would be to equip some basic DD items on the PC on Naked Dungeons' trap events, I can see little point in that, because if you use Cursed Loot with the appropriate settings, then those kind of items tend to accumulate on the PC anyway in the course of time.

On the other hand, some special kind of DD items you suggested (which can be removed only after having managed to get back your belongings) can make sense, but it won't necessarily have anything to do with clearing the dungeon (because my mod treats the already cleared dungeons the same way as the clearable ones).

Love the new inside-the-dungeon quest - nice dialogue as always. :) One small nitpick though, if I may: Why does the guard have to tell me that I need to search the dungeon? Would that not be the most obvious thing to do anyway? At least to me it seems more obvious to look *inside* the dungeon for your gear rather than *outside*. And how would the guard know where I have to look at, anyway? 

Not a big issue, but the I think both gameflow and immersion would be better of for allowing you to search the dungeon immediatly.

Sorry if that's too much criticism for a feature I requested myself, I actually really like it!

galahad 69, Thank you for the good work!

I read your Dialogues ...

Ha, NIF-files? DNA analysis? ..

I was crying with laughter, lying under the table! .. I love these things! You brought great pleasure that going beyond the boundaries of everyday boring ...

However, to get involved is not worth here ...

There are a couple of questions ...

There are plans for the future, integration with Sexual Fame Framework?

This may be the solution to requests for comment NPC...

And further. If in the Cave, Heroine gets naked and barefoot, it is logical to assume that there must be a power bonus to Stealth, right?

Perhaps I'm not careful, but this nuance in the Mods not seen before. In addition, Bonus Sneak Attacks ...

Now, according to the algorithm Quest.

Why should we always return the missing things? In real life, we lose something forever. With an enviable constancy...

As custom a chance it could make Hot Pepper in the game. Moreover, it might help circumvent some difficulties with the target indication. Of course, without losing Required quest items, so as not to break the game ..

Love the new inside-the-dungeon quest - nice dialogue as always. :)

Thanks. Writing dialogs is the most challenging part of modding for me, because I really don't want to screw it up with outlandish-sounding dialogs, but my mothertongue isn't even Indo-European, so I can never know for sure... :)

Why does the guard have to tell me that I need to search the dungeon?

The guard does not really HAVE TO provide you with this piece of information. If the "Dungeon" scenario is (randomly) picked by the mod, then the quest target is placed into the chest at the very moment the quest starts. The thing is just that the player cannot know for sure which scenario is running until they talked to the second guard, but if it happens to be the "Dungeon" mode, then it will be entirely possible to find the equipment in the chest if you decide not to turn back from the entrance.

Note that even if all other scenario weights are set to zero, you still cannot be absolutely sure that the "Dungeon" mode is running, because the "Guard" scenario is treated as the fail-safe default one in case some quest aliases fail to fill (e.g. the dungeon has no suitable containers, or something like that).

And how would the guard know where I have to look at, anyway? 

Technically the guard cannot and does not know where your package is. All he says is: "If I were you, I would try to find it inside". Originally I did not want to let the quest marker be shown, but after having read your thoughts about "Brand-Shei's past" I thought it would be a royal dick move against the player to let them sniff about every single wretched chest in the whole multi-stage dungeon without a quest marker.  :)

galahad 69, Thank you for the good work!

I read your Dialogues ...
Ha, NIF-files? DNA analysis? ..
I was crying with laughter, lying under the table! .. I love these things! You brought great pleasure that going beyond the boundaries of everyday boring ...
However, to get involved is not worth here ...

Thanks for your words, I'm glad you liked it.  :shy:

There are plans for the future, integration with Sexual Fame Framework?
This may be the solution to requests for comment NPC...

I'm not familiar with Sexual Fame Framework, but anything is possible, depending on my available time...  :)

And further. If in the Cave, Heroine gets naked and barefoot, it is logical to assume that there must be a power bonus to Stealth, right?
Perhaps I'm not careful, but this nuance in the Mods not seen before. In addition, Bonus Sneak Attacks ...

You may be right, but the mod does not grant you any bonuses. (My character is a sneaky archer at level 65 with maxed out stealth and archery, maybe this is why I never missed any extra abilities, my bad.)

Now, according to the algorithm Quest.
Why should we always return the missing things? In real life, we lose something forever. With an enviable constancy...
As custom a chance it could make Hot Pepper in the game. Moreover, it might help circumvent some difficulties with the target indication. Of course, without losing Required quest items, so as not to break the game ..

My mod started its existence as a "blanket nakedness thing" attached to dungeons, with the express purpose of making dungeon diving more challenging. I really did not plan to extend it this much originally, all the SexLab, DD and suchlike-oriented material were included later, on user request. This is why I painstakingly tried to avoid interfering with other running quests, player's items and so on.

Rather than have an "allowed devices" setting, consider just using the "SexlabNoStrip" keyword. Items that you would not remove for sex (piercings, sexy jewelry etc) should already have that keyword on them and so using it will save the effort of creating that lit of items since those are also the items you would like to see your adventurer wearing when otherwise naked.

Rather than have an "allowed devices" setting, consider just using the "SexlabNoStrip" keyword.

The mod already uses that keyword, this is how it manages to keep devious items in the inventory (well, not to keep them there, literally, but to place them back there after the RemoveAllItems function call).

Edit: By the way, I'm positive that the keyword is not attached to the base form of every single jewelry item even if you mark jewelry as "not to be stripped" in the SexLab MCM. I believe that those settings are based on item slots rather than keywords.

since those are also the items you would like to see your adventurer wearing when otherwise naked.

...but this does not apply to weapons, for instance (nobody wants to see them equipped during sex scenes I think), not to mention soul gems and potions (which cannot have that keyword anyway), so I think at least a certain part of the exception list would still be necessary.

----

This is how the stripping script works as of now:

- drop 1 pickaxe on the floor (if there is any, and the option is selected)

- RemoveAllItems() into a hidden container (it leaves equipped DD items AND quest items untouched)

- RemoveItem() from the container to the player's inventory silently: for all items having certain keywords (the keyword array is preconfigured in the MCM config quest, based on the various "keep something" settings. The SexLabNoStrip is always in the array, so the originally unequipped DD items will be given back).

- if the "keep keys" or "keep lockpicks" setting is enabled: RemoveItem() from the container to the player's inventory silently: for all MiscObjects of certain types (the MiscObject array is preconfigured in the MCM config quest) - this is necessary for items that cannot be filtered by keywords, like lockpicks, dragon claws and the attunement sphere.

I'd gladly skip the RemoveAllItems() step, were it not for the quest items, but the RemoveItem() function does not seem to be capable of recognizing them.

Why does the guard have to tell me that I need to search the dungeon?

The guard does not really HAVE TO provide you with this piece of information. If the "Dungeon" scenario is (randomly) picked by the mod, then the quest target is placed into the chest at the very moment the quest starts. The thing is just that the player cannot know for sure which scenario is running until they talked to the second guard, but if it happens to be the "Dungeon" mode, then it will be entirely possible to find the equipment in the chest if you decide not to turn back from the entrance.

Ah, that is good to know. I thought the equipment would only get teleported into the dungeon once you talked to the guard, which would be kinda silly. Guess you only need to talk to the guard when you want the quest marker then. :P