Where does the package appear at Bleak Falls Barrow? I can't find it anywhere.

Well, it depends on a number of factors.

- Which version of the mod are you using?

- What is in your journal about it?

- Are you still inside?

- Have you got a quest marker to it?

- What is the quest stage number (MCM -> Naked Dungeons -> Debug page)?

Edit: I tried ver 1.4 in Bleak Falls Barrow, and it seems that you found a bug.

I'm going to try to fix it right away.

Until then, if you don't have a save file then I suggest you to go to a different location, where the quest target wasn't missing last time and trigger the trap there. All your missing equipment will be given back as soon as you find the package there.

Nah. That was the yet unreleased version 1.5, which is currently in a slightly disassembled state :-)

Having reinstalled ver 1.4, I triggered the trap ten times in a row in Bleak Falls Barrow with various settings, but the quest started consistently every time.

The place of the package is a little farther away from the entrance than usual, but the quest marker must show its exact location, provided it's switched on between the miscellaneous quests.

Been really enjoying your mod. One thought I had to help enforce the idea of having to run through the dungeon naked even if you find random armor in a chest was to use something like the pet collar, or deviously cursed loots slave collar, which enforces nudity. This collar could be found on the pc neck when they wake up after first entering the dungeon and the only way to get it off is to get your gear back. This could also lead to some fun conversations with the guards and random citizen as to the fact the pc is nude with only a collar.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing where things go.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Although it would be possible to equip DD items on the PC on trap events, I decided to set this idea aside during the design phase for the following reasons:

1. There are a large number of DD-oriented mods doing similar things, the first and most extensive of them being Kimy's Deviously Cursed Loot. I had to find the place of my mod amongst them with as little interference as possible.

2. As for the "Slave/Slut Collar": these items already exist within the Cursed Loot mod. It wouldn't have been very elegant to create a similar (ripoff) item within my mod, bearing basically the same functionality, but if I decided to use the existing items instead, I would have to make my mod dependent on Kimy's, which I didn't want, since it would keep a large number of people from using my mod. Furthermore, the point in Naked Dungeons is to render it difficult to wear armor inside the dungeons, not to make it entirely impossible.

If you want to go the collar route, I would suggest the Prostituted Collar from: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2511-force-nude-collar-and-punishment-slave-boots/

With this, you're forced to be naked as well as not being able to use any keys that may be dropped.

If you want to go the collar route, I would suggest the Prostituted Collar from: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2511-force-nude-collar-and-punishment-slave-boots/

With this, you're forced to be naked as well as not being able to use any keys that may be dropped.

I personally do not want any DD items to be equipped on the PC when entering dungeons, nor do I want the PC to be forced to remain naked all the time, it was a user's suggestion.

Thank you for your suggestion anyway, I'll look into the mod you mentioned.

Does not work on Snapleg Cave. Thanks for the fun.

Snapleg Cave is not marked as any of the dungeon types eligible in the MCM. There are a few more similar locations, like Rebel's Cairn, for instance.

The next (1.5) version of the mod (coming soon) will work in those locations as well.

I updated to 1.4 and the quest marker comes up now. I did discover though that when you have to talk to a guard about your gear getting stolen in The Pale by Dawnstar that it says "Talk to [???] about the theft" or something like that and there's no marker indicating who to talk to.

That means that the game engine was unable to find a suitable (male, living) guard in the hold capital (Dawnstar), so the alias has failed to fill.

It's a serious problem. Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to fix it in the next version.

Does not work on Snapleg Cave. Thanks for the fun.

Snapleg Cave is not marked as any of the dungeon types eligible in the MCM. There are a few more similar locations, like Rebel's Cairn, for instance.

The next (1.5) version of the mod (coming soon) will work in those locations as well.

I updated to 1.4 and the quest marker comes up now. I did discover though that when you have to talk to a guard about your gear getting stolen in The Pale by Dawnstar that it says "Talk to [???] about the theft" or something like that and there's no marker indicating who to talk to.

That means that the game engine was unable to find a suitable (male, living) guard in the hold capital (Dawnstar), so the alias has failed to fill.

It's a serious problem. Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to fix it in the next version.

Thanks for the reply.

About the failed alias: would it make sense, in that case to have a back up alias to send the player to either the steward or maybe to the guards in the jail? Maybe the guards in the jail would be better in the first place since they are somewhat protected, at least from vampire and dragon attacks.

About the failed alias: would it make sense, in that case to have a back up alias to send the player to either the steward or maybe to the guards in the jail? Maybe the guards in the jail would be better in the first place since they are somewhat protected, at least from vampire and dragon attacks.

Yes, absolutely. The steward would be the best, I think, since they are essential characters, if I'm not mistaken.

I cannot imagine what could actually happen in that particular case, because the guard alias has to fulfill only a few, very loose conditions:

- must be a guard (i.e. member of the GuardDialogueFaction)

- must be in the capital of the current hold (all the same whether inside a building or on the street)

- must be male

- must not be dead

I never experienced this alias not being filled while I was testing the mod, which is not much of a surprise, because it's not easy to get into a situation when every last one of the guards are killed in a hold capital.

The alias was left optional by mistake (during the test phase I needed it that way, and forgot to clear it afterwards), this is why the quest could start in the first place, but it makes not much difference, because the quest not starting would have been almost as much unacceptable.

(You could ask why I used the GuardDialogueFaction membership instead of the IsGuard() function as a way of telling whether an NPC is a guard - I did so because the IsGuard() function kept filling this alias with one of the Companions is Whiterun instead of a simple guard, and I got fed up with running all the way up to the Jorrvaskr all the time during the tests  :) .

Even this function seems to be a little biased towards higher lever actors like Commander What's-his-name in Whiterun).

Yes, absolutely. The steward would be the best, I think, since they are essential characters, if I'm not mistaken.

I cannot imagine what could actually happen in that particular case, because the guard alias has to fulfill only a few, very loose conditions:

- must be in the capital of the current hold (all the same whether inside a building or on the street)

- must be male

- must not be dead

I never experienced this alias not being filled while I was testing the mod, which is not much of a surprise, because it's not easy to get into a situation when every last one of the guards are killed in a hold capital.

The alias was left optional by mistake (during the test phase I needed it that way, and forgot to clear it afterwards), this is why the quest could start in the first place, but it makes not much difference, because the quest not starting would have been almost as much unacceptable.

(You could ask why I used the GuardDialogueFaction membership instead of the IsGuard() function as a way of telling whether an NPC is a guard - I did so because the IsGuard() function kept filling this alias with one of the Companions is Whiterun instead of a simple guard, and I got fed up with running all the way up to the Jorrvaskr all the time during the tests  :) .

Even this function seems to be a little biased towards higher lever actors like Commander What's-his-name in Whiterun).

So, if not using the steward, then the NPC must be generic in order to fill the alias. It seems that it would be difficult to pin down the guards that are actually inside the jail, in that case.

- must be male

- must not be dead

Heh heh, how about sending you to the Steward as long as the Steward is male, otherwise go to the Yarl who will be male in the case of the holds that have female stewards.

Heh heh, how about sending you to the Steward as long as the Steward is male, otherwise go to the Yarl who will be male in the case of the holds that have female stewards.

Yeah, but I think no guard would ever dare to take the risk of intitulating their Jarl as "lieutenant in charge of the Department of Petty Theft Cases"  :D

Yeah, but I think no guard would ever dare to take the risk of intitulating their Jarl as "lieutenant in charge of the Department of Petty Theft Cases"  :D

In the case of the Rift jarl, the matter could be deferred to her condescending son. What a slap in the face that would be.

By the way: thanks again for your advice of changing the NPC stripping method from the cloak spell to the quest alias approach (like in SL Aroused Redux).

While the cloak spell method was working fine up until ver. 1.4, I think I've reached its limits in the next version I'm currently working on, so I had to take your advice eventually.  :)

In the case of the Rift jarl, the matter could be deferred to her condescending son. What a slap in the face that would be.

:D

Watch out though for civil war alterations to who is the Yarl and Steward in the various reaches though in this case having to go naked to the son who is in jail after the change...

The riches your average player carries around are rarely minor after the first few levels.

In the case of the civil war changes, it would have to detect those changes, and ditch the old aliases altogether.

Actually rules can be set up on the aliases to automatically fill them according to conditions, you just have to figure out which things change when the Yarl is changed to select the right one. That can probably be found by examining the code that is run when the DB decides who gets which Hold during the meeting with the Greybeards.

Edit: Quest MQ302, but I chased it down to the CWSCRIPT.PSC file which has a SetOwner function for each hold.

In the case of the civil war changes, it would have to detect those changes, and ditch the old aliases altogether.

Actually rules can be set up on the aliases to automatically fill them according to conditions, you just have to figure out which things change when the Yarl is changed to select the right one. That can probably be found by examining the code that is run when the DB decides who gets which Hold during the meeting with the Greybeards.

Edit: Quest MQ302, but I chased it down to the CWSCRIPT.PSC file which has a SetOwner function for each hold.

As a matter of fact, I would not like to get tangled up with this Guard/Steward/Jarl question very much.

I need a guard alias for the role of the "lieutenant".

If that alias fails to fill (for there are no living male guards left in the hold capital), then the Steward will do as a backup (I think there always has to be at least one living steward in every hold). I don't mind if that steward happens to be female, I can live with the idea of lesbian stewards on these (hopefully rare) occasions.

The riches your average player carries around are rarely minor after the first few levels.

Calling the theft of the player's equipment "petty" is part of the guards' being dick to the PC in an unnecessarily bureaucratic procedure.

A NEW VERSION (1.5) HAS BEEN UPLOADED.

- Major rework of the NPC stripping method (uses quest aliases instead of cloak spells - many thanks to WaxenFigure for his advice).
- A new equipment retrieval scenario is added as a possible sub-type of the "Dungeon" event, in which the player is held captive for a while inside the dungeon (it won't work in all dungeons, as it is dependant on the existence of some living, non-creature enemies inside).
- Major rework of the method by which the mod decides which equipment retrieval scenario is to be used on a particular trap event (instead of simply defaulting to the "Guard" scenario, the mod intelligently picks one from the list of other possible scenarios when a specific one fails to start).
- A new dungeon type is added to the list of eligible location types. Its name is quite confusingly "All dungeons", and is intended to cover locations which has only a "LocTypeDungeon" keyword attached without any more specific information. While most dungeon locations have this keyword, there are others which don't have this one, only, for instance, "LocTypeMine", so it's better to check all dungeon types if you want the mod work in all dungeons.
- A few bugfixes (including the "guard alias not loading" problem during the "Guard", "Bandit" and "Dungeon" scenarios when all male guards are dead in the hold capital).
- A lot of minor code optimizations.

Note that the mod has grown quite complex by now, which makes rather difficult for me to do all the testing alone.
I was trying to do my best to kill all the bugs, but some of them might have escaped my attention, especially in the new "Captive" scenario, which I could test only in a few locations.

This mod is great! I hope you'll expand it with more scenarios. It would be cool to have some slightly longer blackmail content (go here, do this, come back for equipment, etc).

I had some problem testing it out. The guard I was assigned to was in calcelmo's lab, and I couldn't get there without getting arrested. In a different scenario, a note left for me spawned under the ground.

- A new equipment retrieval scenario is added as a possible sub-type of the "Dungeon" event, in which the player is held captive for a while inside the dungeon (it won't work in all dungeons, as it is dependant on the existence of some living, non-creature enemies inside).

Sounds like a lot of fun!

The new dungeon subtype scenario made me think of another possibility. Instead of living folks capturing you and doing whatever, what if you black out and the undead simply think you are dead. They strip you of your possessions, tossing them somewhere, and then inter you in a sarcophogus. niche, or similar, which is where you wake up. You may be wrapped in draugar rags or have some linen wraps. 

This mod is great! I hope you'll expand it with more scenarios. It would be cool to have some slightly longer blackmail content (go here, do this, come back for equipment, etc).

Thanks for your feedback.
I have some plans to extend the "Guard" scenario with a somewhat longer "go fetch something" type radiant quest, maybe I could do something similar with the "Citizen" scenario as well.

I had some problem testing it out. The guard I was assigned to was in calcelmo's lab, and I couldn't get there without getting arrested

The game engine can go really cruel sometimes.  :)

In a different scenario, a note left for me spawned under the ground.

Can you remember the location? I had some similar problems with Hag's End, where the MapMarker's position made the player's equipment spawn inside a huge rock in the mountainside, this is why I put that location into an exception list where only the "Guard" scenario (and its descendants) are allowed to happen.

Anyway, I'll have to try to do something to avoid objects not aligning correctly with the navmesh.

The new dungeon subtype scenario made me think of another possibility. Instead of living folks capturing you and doing whatever, what if you black out and the undead simply think you are dead. They strip you of your possessions, tossing them somewhere, and then inter you in a sarcophogus. niche, or similar, which is where you wake up. You may be wrapped in draugar rags or have some linen wraps. 

Sounds great, but you'll really have to wait until I gain some more experience in modding.  :shy:

The "Captive" scenario, in its current form, contains my very first attempt to use scenes and some other techniques.  :)