Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

"weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her": that fits the current YPS main character quite well actually. 😁

Thanks for the ideas to improve the flirt system. I am working on other things first, but your suggestions are great. And I know you are good at storytelling. :)

 

Not sure, will look at it when I do the next playthrough.

[Dint999] HairPack02 and Holiday Gift Hairdos should have it.

Okay and thank you

Posted
14 hours ago, emily1673 said:

"weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her": that fits the current YPS main character quite well actually. 😁

Thanks for the ideas to improve the flirt system. I am working on other things first, but your suggestions are great. And I know you are good at storytelling. :)

 

You're very welcome, and thanks for listening. Mine my ideas and take what you want - if you do anything related to the theme, I'm sure it'll be great :) 

 

Thinking more, I had an idea for the flirting system which I think would add something and which I believe is simple to implement. Basically when you attempt to flirt and if you succeed you get a temporary boost to your fashion level (the confidence from the validation makes you feel great about yourself, and that makes you more attractive). Conversely, if you flirt and get rejected flirting you get a temporary decrease to your fashion level (the rejection makes you lose some confidence and poise for a bit). I think it's nice and simple (fashion level is already implemented and thematic) and also very realistic (I think most of us feel like crap when we get rejected, and feel better about ourselves when someone responds to our advances).

 

... anyhow, I'll go back to actually playing the game now for a bit. My new modlist hasn't spun out and crashed yet, which is always nice :D 

 

[hope I didn't jinx that =/ ]

Posted (edited)

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Time to celebrate! Finished the main quest line of the Dibella quest! Status of the quest has now changed from alpha to beta. Yay! (Still remember the first release of the quest that came out in 2018? It has been a long road.)
- Provided an updated quest outline chart (spoiler!).

(Also updated the quest description in the mod.)

 

Thought system:
- Added about 700 new thoughts to the database

 

New feature: Voice-over thoughts.
- The player thought system introduced in 6.6 now features voice-overs.
- To use the system, install the "YPS Thought sounds" package (see download section).
- Right now, voice overs are provided for *all* 1736 player thoughts. (Additional download needed. Install both "yps thought sounds" packs.)
- I'm extremely grateful for SquatsAreLife for recording all the voice overs. All give him a round of applause!!!!! I strongly recommend to add his dialogue voice packs for an even better experience.
- Adding your own voice overs is as easy as follows:

  • Record the voice to a wav file, give it a 5 digit name with leading zeroes (e.g. 01737.wav). (If you care: Sound quality should be PCM516 LE 48 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. Other sound qualities might also work, just try.)
  • Place it into the folder data\Sound\fx\ypsSounds (use new numbers for new sounds)
  • Add the number in square brackets (e.g. "[01737]") to the corresponding thought in the thought database json. Done!

- Currently the limit is at 32767 voices. Sounds number 00001-05999 may be used freely for female thoughts. 06000-08999 should be used for male thoughts; 09000-10000 are reserved for YPS internal use. 10001-32767 are reserved for future uses.
- Sound volume of voiced thoughts can be set in MCM
- If you don't like voice-overs, just don't install the thought sounds pack (or disable ypssounds.esp, or turn the volume in MCM to zero); if you don't like some particular voice-overs, edit the thought database json
- For modders: The feature is implemented in a way that makes it easy to integrate into other mods. I will publish a corresponding framework mod soon, including the option to add up to 99999 sounds (and even more, if really needed)

 

Infibulation quest:
- Fixed a bug that caused the piercing process not completing since v. 6.5.6.
- Fixed another bug that caused the piercing process not completing for SE for the whole time
- Changed the piercing dialogue; shemales will now be immune to infibulation

 

Hair:
- Increased maximum hair growth speed in MCM from 10x to 100x (for testing/cheating); can be combined with 10x "ultra" growth speed.
- Added a "Rapunzel curse" to the system, which will set the hairgrowth speed to 2000x (overriding MCM settings). There is no content yet. To activate the curse, use the console command "set ypsRapunzelCurse to 1".
- If hair growths to next stage, will no longer have to serve as hair model
- Updated hair configuration file for Dint's Hairpack02 (LE+SE) and GMsHair (SE). Thanks to wareware!
- Updated hair configuration file for Tullius Hair 3 SMP (thanks to GamerB110)
 

Additional things:
- Changing sexual orientation in YPS MCM will now automatically change sexual orientation in Sexlab (but not the other way round)
- Added MCM option to swap sexual orientation upon gender change (e.g. hetero male becomes lesbian female).
- The four fashion vendors added with v. 6.5.6 should have now proper attire (nails, earrings)

 

 

-------------

 

Upcoming next:

- Posting the thought/voiceover system as separate mod

- Doing an updated LITE version of the mod.

Dibella quest outline 6.7 (BIG SPOILER!).pdf

Edited by emily1673
Posted
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Time to celebrate! Finished the main quest line of the Dibella quest! Status of the quest has now changed from alpha to beta. Yay! (Still remember the first release of the quest that came out in 2018? It has been a long road.)

 

Congratulations on making it this far. Beta's a pretty big milestone for this mod. You've done well.

Posted

Gratz emily, its been a long wait. I played some of your first alphas so looking forward to see how it evolved. I kept the mod updated in my playlist for years since it works with wartimes but have not done the story part for a long time since wartimes start is female.

Posted

6.7 stutters for me when I upgraded from 6.6.4 on SE on a pre-existing save file. The SMP hair gets reset to "default" position with each stutter. Going back to 6.6.4 doesn't seem to cause the issue.

Posted
4 hours ago, emily1673 said:

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Time to celebrate! Finished the main quest line of the Dibella quest! Status of the quest has now changed from alpha to beta. Yay! (Still remember the first release of the quest that came out in 2018? It has been a long road.)
- Provided an updated quest outline chart (spoiler!).

(Also updated the quest description in the mod.)

 

Thought system:
- Added about 700 new thoughts to the database

 

New feature: Voice-over thoughts.
- The player thought system introduced in 6.6 now features voice-overs.
- To use the system, install the "YPS Thought sounds" package (see download section).
- Right now, voice overs are provided for *all* 1736 player thoughts. (Additional download needed.)
- I'm extremely grateful for SquatsAreLife for recording all the voice overs. All give him a round of applause!!!!! I strongly recommend to add his dialogue voice packs for an even better experience.
- Adding your own voice overs is as easy as follows:

  • Record the voice to a wav file, give it a 5 digit name with leading zeroes (e.g. 01737.wav). (If you care: Sound quality should be PCM516 LE 48 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. Other sound qualities might also work, just try.)
  • Place it into the folder data\Sound\fx\ypsSounds (use new numbers for new sounds)
  • Add the number in square brackets (e.g. "[01737]") to the corresponding thought in the thought database json. Done!

- Currently the limit is at 32767 voices. Sounds number 00001-05999 may be used freely for female thoughts. 06000-08999 should be used for male thoughts; 09000-10000 are reserved for YPS internal use. 10001-32767 are reserved for future uses.
- Sound volume of voiced thoughts can be set in MCM
- If you don't like voice-overs, just don't install the thought sounds pack (or disable ypssounds.esp, or turn the volume in MCM to zero); if you don't like some particular voice-overs, edit the thought database json
- For modders: The feature is implemented in a way that makes it easy to integrate into other mods. I will publish a corresponding framework mod soon, including the option to add up to 99999 sounds (and even more, if really needed)

 

Infibulation quest:
- Fixed a bug that caused the piercing process not completing since v. 6.5.6.
- Fixed another bug that caused the piercing process not completing for SE for the whole time
- Changed the piercing dialogue; shemales will now be immune to infibulation

 

Hair:
- Increased maximum hair growth speed in MCM from 10x to 100x (for testing/cheating); can be combined with 10x "ultra" growth speed.
- Added a "Rapunzel curse" to the system, which will set the hairgrowth speed to 2000x (overriding MCM settings). There is no content yet. To activate the curse, use the console command "set ypsRapunzelCurse to 1".
- If hair growths to next stage, will no longer have to serve as hair model
- Updated hair configuration file for Dint's Hairpack02 (LE+SE) and GMsHair (SE). Thanks to wareware!
- Updated hair configuration file for Tullius Hair 3 SMP (thanks to GamerB110)
 

Additional things:
- Changing sexual orientation in YPS MCM will now automatically change sexual orientation in Sexlab (but not the other way round)
- Added MCM option to swap sexual orientation upon gender change (e.g. hetero male becomes lesbian female).
- The four fashion vendors added with v. 6.5.6 should have now proper attire (nails, earrings)

 

 

-------------

 

Upcoming next:

- Posting the thought/voiceover system as separate mod

- Doing an updated LITE version of the mod.

Dibella quest outline 6.7 (BIG SPOILER!).pdf 21.02 kB · 16 downloads

Whoops, commented on the voice pack mod, not here. Congrats again on finishing the questline! :D

Posted

Thank you Emily!

There are two packages: Thoughts sounds, and thoughts sounds + base.

Do we install both? What is the difference in them? They are almost the same size.

Posted

Is there a way to quickly get the character's hair to Bald? I'm loading an old save with the hairstyle working and all but I want to refresh the hairs and start from bald for a new playthrough.

Posted
3 hours ago, fred200 said:

There are two packages: Thoughts sounds, and thoughts sounds + base.

Do we install both? What is the difference in them? They are almost the same size.

I split them in 2 files, because LL has an upper limit of 250MB per file.

The "base" pack contains sounds 00000 to 00899 plus the esp, hence it is required, or no sounds will be played.

The other contains sounds 00900 to 01736.

If you like, you can combine them into one zip file, but it's no difference really.

 

7 hours ago, wareware said:

6.7 stutters for me when I upgraded from 6.6.4 on SE on a pre-existing save file. The SMP hair gets reset to "default" position with each stutter. Going back to 6.6.4 doesn't seem to cause the issue.

Could be the new hair jsons. Try the old ones, and see whether it works. Does the problem persist with a fresh save?

 

8 minutes ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Is there a way to quickly get the character's hair to Bald? I'm loading an old save with the hairstyle working and all but I want to refresh the hairs and start from bald for a new playthrough.

Visit the hairdresser. Or choose "bald" on a new game (can remove yps, reload, and reinstall it). Or you scissors (debug item, can get via console).

Posted

I've never given the dibella quest a try but now I think I might have to now that it's in beta, congrats! Before I do I just thought I'd pop in and check if anyone has found a fix for makeup not being applied with the SE version of the mod. Everything else works great for me but I still just cannot figure out what the deal is with makeup, and I can get them all to appear manually through slavetats too so I don't think it's a texture issue.

Posted (edited)

First I would like to thank you for this amazing mod. I truly love all the functions of this mod and will do another playthrough starting as a male to try out the Dibella Quest.

 

After upgrading to 6.7 I have an issue of hair styles not being applied through the ladies in town. I went to Whiterun and tried changing my ponytail. I was charged for the change but the hairstyle did not change. I was able to use the elastic band and remove my current ponytail and then use it again to get the new style I wanted.

 

Edited by Slimreb
Posted

Dibella quest complete!...  Greatest news for a long while.. This calls for a full reshuffle of mods and a well needed excuse for a restart,  Thank you for the time and efforts you have creatively put into this quest. I have enjoyed the fun of each new addition as it grew over the years...   

 

Off to have fun while I wonder what else you have up your sleeve to bring us a little fun and smiles in this mod..

Posted (edited)

Just renamed the yps thought sound files, to make it clearer that both need to be installed.

 

The files are unchanged (just renamed). No need to download them again, if you already did.

 

Furthermore I just posted the (voiced) thought framework as separate mod, see link in my sig.

Edited by emily1673
Posted

Hello Emily,

 

some feedback for v6.7:

 

While the ending of the Follower of Dibella was so close, now I understand why it took this much time. A huge amount of writing went in, nicely closing the questline. Great job!

 

The thought sound files are great, however I definitely would like to see some conditions for their triggers. They tend to fire at the most inappropriate time:

- a line about shopping while fighting draugr

- during an SL scene with someone (which I understand that some people's mind is wandering during sex, but still)

- while struggling to remove some restraints (doing specific struggle animations) via Unforgiving devices

 

The last one reminded me one more small incompatibility: while doing the above struggling animations, sometimes the yps animations fire as well, like the itching crotch one. They don't break the other mod, it is just weird to happen in that situation.

 

Also, it seems to me that a lot of older thoughts are not voiced, like the ones about not wearing piercings and such.

Posted (edited)

I'm playing through the questline and got to the stage where I need to flirt with Ray or Lena.

 

With either of them. I start the flirt, smile at them and then they ignore me. I've tried multiple times, waiting between flirts, flirt at different times, change settings to reduce wait time and success time, but no luck.

 

What am I doing wrong?

 

Edit:: Worked it out.

 

I had the Active Stance unticked on the Interaction tab for the settings. Ticking that gave me a second flirt option in the dialogue in addition to the standard one.

 

@emily1673 - When refining/bug fixing the questline, could it be possible for the flirt stage to ignore the stances?

Edited by ebbluminous
Updated Infos
Posted
6 hours ago, monsta88 said:

The thought sound files are great, however I definitely would like to see some conditions for their triggers. They tend to fire at the most inappropriate time:

- a line about shopping while fighting draugr

- during an SL scene with someone (which I understand that some people's mind is wandering during sex, but still)

- while struggling to remove some restraints (doing specific struggle animations) via Unforgiving devices

 

Also, it seems to me that a lot of older thoughts are not voiced, like the ones about not wearing piercings and such.

The thought system still needs some tweaking.

Probably it makes sense that no thoughts should be played during SL scenes.

About fighting: I am torn on this one. If it's just a few problematic thought lines, the easiest way would be to add "&!isincombat" to all conditions involved (you could easily do it yourself actually). If it's a lot of thoughts, I would rather disable all thoughts during combat as well. What is your opinion?

Conflict with 3rd party mods: There is not much I can do.

 

And yes, some of the older notifications have not yet been moved to the new "thoughts" system, therefore no voice is played.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

What is your opinion?

 

I took a look at the thoughts .json and read a lot of lines and while I saw some which might be OK in actual combat, even those might come out weird while you are swinging your sword or fighting for your life.

 

I'd say they shouldn't play during any combat.

 

I was also thinking about writing some thoughts for combat, but I feel that is really not the scope of this mod. I also think they wouldn't work either, because they would be often out of sync with the actual happenings. It would also be weird if your character would worry about her nails while a horde of undead or bandits trying to kill her.

 

There was one more case when the thoughts happened when they shouldn't. I was in a dialogue with an NPC when it happened. Again, it is something which can happen in real life too, because a lot of people doesn't pay attention to what the other one is saying, but it is quite distracting when it happens in a game.

 

 

While I was reading the lines, I also found some typos:

 

"[00762]I'm making some progess walking in high heels.", - progress

same in thought 00772

00848]Cropped short hair is low-maintenance and stylish; it's kinf of the perfect   - kind

"[01255]Embracing the art of walking more slowly, it could feel the tranquility it brings to my soul."  - tranquillity

[01313]I have a forboding feeling about this place." - foreboding

"[01553]I wonder what kind of adventure me and my boyfriend could plan together. Traveling or a cozy weekend getaway, perhaps?" - travelling is the original, one L is used only in the US. Since it is spoken, it is fine as it is now.

"[01706]Counting how many times the girl at the bar glanced my wayis important. The little things matter.",  - way is

 

I just skimmed it, so there may be more.

 

[00927]A classic ballerina bun would

I'm not sure if there are ballerinas in this world. On the other hand there are some other somewhat anacronistic things in the mod, like the Perm hair, so might be fine. :)

Same goes for the word "scrunchies". Maybe use "hairties"? But then again, some of them can't really be said other way, for example how do you call a "mohawk" hairstyle, if you can't use the word mohawk? I definitely can live with these.

 

 

Edited by monsta88
Posted (edited)

v. 6.7.0:

- found a serious bug: getting pierced would permanently disable player thoughts. Has now been fixed.

 

Hope not many of you were affected. If so, please revert to a previous savegame, or: install 6.7.0 and get another piercing.

Edited by emily1673
Posted

I was wondering if there was something I am missing for piercings. I noticed that the monitor has a slot for labia piercings but I do not see an option to get that area pierced from the lady in Solitude. I was going to use the piercings from Ayleid piercings for labia but it keeps getting taken off. I know I can uncheck that box but wanted to check if I was missing something first.

 

Also how do I remove the ear piercings so that I can use the ear piercings from Ayleid?

Posted
2 hours ago, Slimreb said:

I was wondering if there was something I am missing for piercings. I noticed that the monitor has a slot for labia piercings but I do not see an option to get that area pierced from the lady in Solitude. I was going to use the piercings from Ayleid piercings for labia but it keeps getting taken off. I know I can uncheck that box but wanted to check if I was missing something first.

Sneak into the cellar of the Bee and Barb in Riften and look for a sheet of paper on top of a barrel/small table near a bookshelf if you really want to explore this particular avenue. It opens up an entire labia piercing sub quest.

Posted (edited)

HI, i'm doing the Follower of Dibella quest and i'm on the flirt with Lena stage, and everything seems to be working fine, but after i flirt with her sexlab tries to start some scene but that scene return me a SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[1]  - Thread has timed out of the making process; resetting model for selection pool, i tried to start other animations to see if it was a problem with sexlab but everything is working fine, just this specific animation is bugged and it always start the same animation, so any way around it? 

 

 

edit: fixed it by setting the minimun number of kisses needed to have sex to zero in the mcm. it's not really a fix, but allowed me to progress.

Edited by GamerB110
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I was also thinking about writing some thoughts for combat, but I feel that is really not the scope of this mod. I also think they wouldn't work either, because they would be often out of sync with the actual happenings. It would also be weird if your character would worry about her nails while a horde of undead or bandits trying to kill her.

 

There was one more case when the thoughts happened when they shouldn't. I was in a dialogue with an NPC when it happened. Again, it is something which can happen in real life too, because a lot of people doesn't pay attention to what the other one is saying, but it is quite distracting when it happens in a game.

 

 

While I was reading the lines, I also found some typos:

 

"[00762]I'm making some progess walking in high heels.", - progress

same in thought 00772

00848]Cropped short hair is low-maintenance and stylish; it's kinf of the perfect   - kind

"[01255]Embracing the art of walking more slowly, it could feel the tranquility it brings to my soul."  - tranquillity

[01313]I have a forboding feeling about this place." - foreboding

"[01553]I wonder what kind of adventure me and my boyfriend could plan together. Traveling or a cozy weekend getaway, perhaps?" - travelling is the original, one L is used only in the US. Since it is spoken, it is fine as it is now.

"[01706]Counting how many times the girl at the bar glanced my wayis important. The little things matter.",  - way is

 

I just skimmed it, so there may be more.

 

[00927]A classic ballerina bun would

I'm not sure if there are ballerinas in this world. On the other hand there are some other somewhat anacronistic things in the mod, like the Perm hair, so might be fine. :)

Same goes for the word "scrunchies". Maybe use "hairties"? But then again, some of them can't really be said other way, for example how do you call a "mohawk" hairstyle, if you can't use the word mohawk? I definitely can live with these.

 

Yes. Of course a girl might worry about her manicure when attacked by undead, but it would be other thoughts than normally.

I will make it that during combat only thoughts with the tag "$isincombat" will be shown (which can also be complex thoughts, like $isincombat&ypsfingernailpolishworn).

 

About dialogue: I already had the plan to show no thoughts during dialogue. Sadly, there is no way a script can check whether the player is currently talking to an NPC, so I don't know how to implement this.

 

Thanks for the typos, will correct them. If you find more, just point them out. Also, voiceovers can be recorded anew, if there is something wrong with them.

You are right about the ballerina. I could change that word to "dancing girl".

Edited by emily1673

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...