Yup, thats exactly what happened.  Everything is working as it should now.  Thanks for the help, my game felt somewhat empty with this mod inactive.

EDIT:  Now it seems to want to hang whenever the mod attempts to update player vulnerability.  It just endlessly updates without ever completing.  Frustrating.  Could it be a compatibility issue with Devious Framework?  I have never had an issue before with Enslaved, and the only mod I added to this character versus previous characters is Framework.

I am also seeing this.  Using the stop/startquest fixes it for the first scan, then it hangs again.  Additionally, 13.8.6 also crashed my game if I try to save after I clean the save.  My previous fix for this problem was to

1 save,

2 disable mod 

3 load

4 save 

5 clean 

6 re-enable mod

With 13.8.6 the game crashes to desktop at step 4.S

Can I get a papyrus log of the mod right after a reset and of the game during stage 3-4?

I'm not sure what can even cause a crash on saving. Maybe if the process of writing save forms to the file runs into an error... Wouldn't put it past Beth to crash rather than give an error to the user in that case, knowing the rest of skyrim.

This is hard save and auto save too right, not just auto save?

Yup, thats exactly what happened.  Everything is working as it should now.  Thanks for the help, my game felt somewhat empty with this mod inactive.

EDIT:  Now it seems to want to hang whenever the mod attempts to update player vulnerability.  It just endlessly updates without ever completing.  Frustrating.  Could it be a compatibility issue with Devious Framework?  I have never had an issue before with Enslaved, and the only mod I added to this character versus previous characters is Framework.

I am also seeing this.  Using the stop/startquest fixes it for the first scan, then it hangs again.  Additionally, 13.8.6 also crashed my game if I try to save after I clean the save.  My previous fix for this problem was to

1 save,

2 disable mod 

3 load

4 save 

5 clean 

6 re-enable mod

With 13.8.6 the game crashes to desktop at step 4.

I had the same problem when trying to clean save.  CTD every time I disabled the mod then tried to save to set up clean saving.  I've just resigned myself to the fact that my save file will be unable to use the approach feature.  New saves work just fine, but I'm completely unwilling to start from scratch again.

I'm guessing from the implication that saving with the mod removed first is required, that you guys don't get different results if you clean without remove+save first?

For me, clean saving without removing the mod didn't fix the problem.  I'll upload a papyrus log showing the crash.

Edit:  uploaded the log.  I couldn't see anything unexpected related to Enslaved.  The log was panicking about not being able to find CRDE files, but that was to be expected with the mod disabled through MO.

Papyrus.0.log

I'm guessing from the implication that saving with the mod removed first is required, that you guys don't get different results if you clean without remove+save first?

For me, clean saving without removing the mod didn't fix the problem.  I'll upload a papyrus log showing the crash.

Edit:  uploaded the log.  I couldn't see anything unexpected related to Enslaved.  The log was panicking about not being able to find CRDE files, but that was to be expected with the mod disabled through MO.

Huh, never noticed all of that would show up in the log after an absent load...

There is one line that doesn't show up in my log when I load without DEC, but shows up in yours:

ERROR: Method TattooUpdate not found on crdeslavetatsscript. Aborting call and returning None

But that's probably just that your character has slave tats and they are loaded onto the character at start up.

I would ask you to grab a crash log from the instructions in this thread, but I have never found that log useful. Almost always a memory out of bounds error, but the location of the code that breaks is useless without having access to the source or a very detailed knowledge of what every region of the esp code does what, which I don't have. The code is either native or interpreted native(papyrus) which makes it too difficult for me to attempt a memory reader to figure out. I don't know what would cause a crash if it went missing either. I know missing NIF files can cause a crash, and broken paths in a cell, but DEC doesn't have any resources, the game seems to handle missing quests/events/globals just fine, hell I don't even know how to cause a crash deliberately from papyrus, when something goes wrong it normally just floods the log with errors rather than crashing.

You tried with the markd save cleaner too, right? To be honest, I've only once had luck with that cleaner working if save tool doesn't work myself, but worth a try?

Edit: You could pass me a save file with the problem too, if I can load into it I can see the state of DEC in greater detail, might be something else off about the mod. I doubt I'd find a reason for the mod to cause the crashing, but I might find out why the approach is broken (still not sure what triggers that quest getting stuck)

Huh, never noticed all of that would show up in the log after an absent load...

There is one line that doesn't show up in my log when I load without DEC, but shows up in yours:

ERROR: Method TattooUpdate not found on crdeslavetatsscript. Aborting call and returning None

But that's probably just that your character has slave tats and they are loaded onto the character at start up.

I would ask you to grab a crash log from the instructions in this thread, but I have never found that log useful. Almost always a memory out of bounds error, but the location of the code that breaks is useless without having access to the source or a very detailed knowledge of what every region of the esp code does what, which I don't have. The code is either native or interpreted native(papyrus) which makes it too difficult for me to attempt a memory reader to figure out. I don't know what would cause a crash if it went missing either. I know missing NIF files can cause a crash, and broken paths in a cell, but DEC doesn't have any resources, the game seems to handle missing quests/events/globals just fine, hell I don't even know how to cause a crash deliberately from papyrus, when something goes wrong it normally just floods the log with errors rather than crashing.

You tried with the markd save cleaner too, right? To be honest, I've only once had luck with that cleaner working if save tool doesn't work myself, but worth a try?

Edit: You could pass me a save file with the problem too, if I can load into it I can see the state of DEC in greater detail, might be something else off about the mod. I doubt I'd find a reason for the mod to cause the crashing, but I might find out why the approach is broken (still not sure what triggers that quest getting stuck)

yeah I used savetool to clean my save, and script scalpel as well.  Here is a recent save.  Slavetats error is almost definitely from Shout, since it loads a tattoo at startup.  SD+ might have something to do with that as well.  

Can't open the save. Skyrim hangs on black screen 100% cpu use, save tool crashes.

I assumed tmp wasn't a valid file type since save tool couldn't find the save, but renaming to ess didn't make it work. Isn't there supposed to be a skse file with extra data? Maybe that's also required

Edit: by markdf's save cleaner I meant this. He renamed it fallrim tools since it works on fallout 4 saves I guess.

I haven't used save scalpel in a long time, probably should work though, so probably no reason to download a third to try it out (unless you use crash fixes, then you should use it)

Can't open the save. Skyrim hangs on black screen 100% cpu use, save tool crashes.

I assumed tmp wasn't a valid file type since save tool couldn't find the save, but renaming to ess didn't make it work. Isn't there supposed to be a skse file with extra data? Maybe that's also required

Edit: by markdf's save cleaner I meant this. He renamed it fallrim tools since it works on fallout 4 saves I guess.

I haven't used save scalpel in a long time, probably should work though, so probably no reason to download a third to try it out (unless you use crash fixes, then you should use it)

Yeah I picked a bad file to upload.  I was trying to find a recent save in a smallish cell, rather than in the middle of riften or the wilderness or something like that.  I've uploaded a new save with both the .ESS and .SKSE in a zip file here.  I'll download fallrim tools and try it out.  

EDIT:  Nothing alarming came up with Fallrim tools, though admittedly I am not an expert with the tool.  Scalpel pointed out the CRDE player monitor being frozen, and the vulnerabiity function having issues, but we already knew that.

I should ask for saves more frequently, no way I would have guessed the cause of this issue without a test case save in front of me.

I haven't found out why the game crashes for you when you clean this save, but I have found why it gets stuck, or at least where it gets stuck.

Don't have a solution yet. The only work around I have that I could give you in the time being is a version of the mod that ignores slavetats. Maybe I can find a way to clean just the broken script without cleaning anything, which I hope will allow you to continue without the crash, still working...

Edit: If your save is in the state where it updates and then goes to sleep, you still need to restart the quest. If your stuck after a reset from earlier, just start the quest stop won't help you.

Edit 2: I would set the approach cancel length longer if I were you, 5 ingame minutes is like... 6 seconds? If the NPC isn't right next to you good chance they won't reach you, kinda limiting.

Edit 3: It's not crashing for me in scalpel or save tool if you just destroy the active scripts and nothing else, and looks like it fixes the stuck script issue too. I can't find the cause of your crash on save issue with the save you provided. Spoke too soon

crdeplayermonitorscript.pex

I should ask for saves more frequently, no way I would have guessed the cause of this issue without a test case save in front of me.

I haven't found out why the game crashes for you when you clean this save, but I have found why it gets stuck, or at least where it gets stuck.

Don't have a solution yet. The only work around I have that I could give you in the time being is a version of the mod that ignores slavetats. Maybe I can find a way to clean just the broken script without cleaning anything, which I hope will allow you to continue without the crash, still working...

Edit: If your save is in the state where it updates and then goes to sleep, you still need to restart the quest. If your stuck after a reset from earlier, just start the quest stop won't help you.

Edit 2: I would set the approach cancel length longer if I were you, 5 ingame minutes is like... 6 seconds? If the NPC isn't right next to you good chance they won't reach you, kinda limiting.

Edit 3: It's not crashing for me in scalpel or save tool if you just destroy the active scripts and nothing else, and looks like it fixes the stuck script issue too. I can't find the cause of your crash on save issue with the save you provided. Spoke too soon

Awesome!  I'm just happy to have the approach functioning again.  Everything seems to be working fine, been testing it for an hour or so in different spots.  I do have to readjust all my sliders, since I turned them all down while the mod was stuck, which is why the cancel length and distance were so out of whack.  

Honestly, I'm not concerned about being able to clean save without Enslaved active.  I don't really plan on removing it at all, since it's rather integral to my mod set-up.  I can clean save and disable other mods if need be, so it's all good.

I really appreciate the help, having the mod inactive was creating a large gap in how my mods work together.  I've never been more excited to see an NPC chasing me for sex in Skyrim.  :)

1.8.7 SRR detection is untested because I can't test it with my game presently.

I've been plagued by a CTD that shows up in crowded areas for months now, can't really test SRR and DEC interaction since I crash after 10-30 seconds in whiterun.

I'm assuming I have some armor that has a missing NIF, but I'm too lazy to go digging through all of my mods to find the issue, I have other games to play instead.

@bahamut and others who have that lock, With this new version you can turn off slavetats and reset playermonitor and you should be able to play normally. I still have no idea why the slavetats script gets stuck in a lock but this should work as a workaround for now.

Hey I had an idea for follower approach for devices.  Frequently, mods like DCL and DD for the masses will put (non-cursed) devious devices on bodies and in loot containers.  Often, I will "take a pass" on them, because DCL won't let me drop them.  So I thought that the, "Hey you missed some bondage devices in that last chest" approach dialog might be more interesting and clever if in fact it was triggered by closing a container/corpse that still has DD items in it, the follower takes those items, and insists that you hold on to them or wear them!

Dunno if that entails way more work than you want to do, but it's just an idea thought I would throw out there.  I thought it would make follower device approaching more realistic.

Hey there. Quick but critical question - Is it possible that DEC is interfering with SD+ enslavement even if set to NOT track all events and to be LOCKED OUT of SD+? As an example, I get the message "Your slavery has been terminated because the master has been removed from the master list" or something like that, I can share a pic of it. After that, SD+ still thinks I'm enslaved(Talk to the master, beg, whine ETC) and the master won't attack. I asked in SD+'s forums and Bicobus mentioned this could possibly be DEC as SD+ has no such function in its code as automatic termination of enslavement.

Edit - Talking about random masters, not any specific actor.

Hey I had an idea for follower approach for devices.  Frequently, mods like DCL and DD for the masses will put (non-cursed) devious devices on bodies and in loot containers.  Often, I will "take a pass" on them, because DCL won't let me drop them.  So I thought that the, "Hey you missed some bondage devices in that last chest" approach dialog might be more interesting and clever if in fact it was triggered by closing a container/corpse that still has DD items in it, the follower takes those items, and insists that you hold on to them or wear them!

Dunno if that entails way more work than you want to do, but it's just an idea thought I would throw out there.  I thought it would make follower device approaching more realistic.

Would be pretty easy to implement, not a lot of work at least.

My only implementation concern is that I would have to search through every container unless the player is in a house. Searching through all containers you find could be a CPU hog. I would need to add some limit on items to make sure it doesn't crash the game if they open a chest that has >200 items or something to that effect. Might clash with DCL since DCL also wants to use CPU at the same times.

It might be realistic, but I think users would associate it with the follower finding and using items that the player did not want to take/use. Items the player doesn't like would get left behind I worry. Forcing the player to take these items into their inventory instead could work to some other mods advantage, or could lead to clutter and annoyance...

Still worth adding as an optional feature, sure.

Hey there. Quick but critical question - Is it possible that DEC is interfering with SD+ enslavement even if set to NOT track all events and to be LOCKED OUT of SD+? As an example, I get the message "Your slavery has been terminated because the master has been removed from the master list" or something like that, I can share a pic of it. After that, SD+ still thinks I'm enslaved(Talk to the master, beg, whine ETC) and the master won't attack. I asked in SD+'s forums and Bicobus mentioned this could possibly be DEC as SD+ has no such function in its code as automatic termination of enslavement.

The underlined isn't from DEC. I have no memory of it and searching for "terminated" and "master list" show nothing in the code.

There is no code in DEC to handle canceling/releasing/changing SD enslavement. It only starts SD, and detects when SD is active.

Maybe there would be something in the papyrus logs, if DEC doesn't know SD exists, because it was installed after and mods wasn't refreshed, it could have tried to re-enslave with sd? That should be noticeable to the user though, as you should get a enslavement dialogue to start it or see "NPC has taken you as their slave" after sex.

The underlined isn't from DEC. I have no memory of it and searching for "terminated" and "master list" show nothing in the code.

There is no code in DEC to handle canceling/releasing/changing SD enslavement. It only starts SD, and detects when SD is active.

Maybe there would be something in the papyrus logs, if DEC doesn't know SD exists, because it was installed after and mods wasn't refreshed, it could have tried to re-enslave with sd? That should be noticeable to the user though, as you should get a enslavement dialogue to start it or see "NPC has taken you as their slave" after sex.

Not a matter of faulty installation I'm afraid. Also there is no such dialogue as you mention. Hmmm this complicates things, the only 2 mods I run which might enslave are SD and DEC. I'm actually not the only person who's run into this issue. Well thanks for shedding some light on this.

Would be pretty easy to implement, not a lot of work at least.

My only implementation concern is that I would have to search through every container unless the player is in a house. Searching through all containers you find could be a CPU hog. I would need to add some limit on items to make sure it doesn't crash the game if they open a chest that has >200 items or something to that effect. Might clash with DCL since DCL also wants to use CPU at the same times.

It might be realistic, but I think users would associate it with the follower finding and using items that the player did not want to take/use. Items the player doesn't like would get left behind I worry. Forcing the player to take these items into their inventory instead could work to some other mods advantage, or could lead to clutter and annoyance...

Still worth adding as an optional feature, sure.

I was thinking you could limit it to the container the NPC just closed (maybe with a few seconds delay to let other things like DCL trigger a cursed trap), and make it a percentage chance of follower approach.  DCL doesn't even populate containers until the player opens them, and that's how I find the majority of non-cursed DD items.  That would minimize CPU cycles, and the percentage chance of approach would make it so it's worth a "try" to leave the items behind.

I was thinking you could limit it to the container the NPC just closed (maybe with a few seconds delay to let other things like DCL trigger a cursed trap), and make it a percentage chance of follower approach.  DCL doesn't even populate containers until the player opens them, and that's how I find the majority of non-cursed DD items.  That would minimize CPU cycles, and the percentage chance of approach would make it so it's worth a "try" to leave the items behind.

Is there a mod that makes the follower check chests for items or did you mean the player opening containers?

Confusing since NPC means non-player character, cannot be player by definition.

That's what I meant for CPU load though, detecting per container, but it's still checking every item in the container, and although for me that's usually never more than 10 items, I'm sure there's a mod somewhere that adds lots of stuff to every chest and users might store items in non-house chests.

It's not THAT bad, just not something I should ignore.

Is there a mod that makes the follower check chests for items or did you mean the player opening containers?

Confusing since NPC means non-player character, cannot be player by definition.

That's what I meant for CPU load though, detecting per container, but it's still checking every item in the container, and although for me that's usually never more than 10 items, I'm sure there's a mod somewhere that adds lots of stuff to every chest and users might store items in non-house chests.

It's not THAT bad, just not something I should ignore.

Whoops, sorry, I meant check the container the PLAYER just closed, yeah.

I don't remember making the official DLC a requirement.

What makes you think it became a requirement? Crashing on entering the game? Mod organizer saying an esm is missing?

Not sure how it could have happened, I haven't added any references to anything in the last 5 .1 versions I don't think...

Verstort, sorry to bug you again but I feel I have to mention something Bicobus commented in relation to that issue I brought to your attention a few days ago;

Bicobus said ;

"If something is messing around with StorageUtil values, that would break SD+ masters. You need to search for the variable (_SD_iSlaveryRace), not "Terminated" nor "Master list".

This is what a StorageUtil dump looks like for a race

[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> For Argonian,
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> StorageUtil INT dump start!
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryWhippingSceneOn = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryTatGlow = 0
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryTatDuration = 0
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryTatDay = 13
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryTatColor = 0
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryRace = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryPunishmentSceneOn = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryPunishmentOn = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryCollarOn = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> _SD_iSlaveryBindingsOn = 1
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> Done!
[06/20/2017 - 04:06:22AM] iDDeFramework .::. iDDe:-> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I was wrong in my initial post, you need to dump all INT StorageUtil and look for the _SD_iSlaveryRace variable for the designated race. However, if there is an issue with your StorageUtil data, there is a chance that it doesn't exist at all."

Hey no problem, sorry if I was being annoying repeating stuff too.

I was just communicating what you told me to save you the trouble. The problem with providing a log is the complexity- If you remember I reported that this issue is occurring with random actors, meaning(If I remember right) I'd have to spend my whole free time when I get enough, producing various logs in various stages of enslavement, with at least a couple of actors to be sure. I might get to it but it won't happen this week for sure.

I let NMM handle my load order, never caused me any order related issues before, but I'll include it once I get to the logs part.

DEC only writes two SD StorageUtil variables, both writes happen right before enslavement starts (although they happen to different enslavement starts)

If you are enslaved to SD local, the player is pushed into a variable called "_SD_TempAggressor". I don't remember adding this at all, this was probably added by Chase before I took over, and probably only exists to stop the NPC from attacking you (guessing)

The second which happens to distant SD enslave is "_SD_iPersonalityProfile" which I set to 2 because I got tired of getting the one that wanted me to steal lots of stuff for them, which seemed silly since the only things I could steal as a SD slave were local items, which they might already own. 2 is pervert, so the SD master should just demand more sex than usual compared to the other personalities.

Maybe that first one is causing issues, but would only cause issues if you use local SD enslave. The second one has been around for long enough for me to forget when I put it in, like 8.0ish. Unlikely to have caused issues that would take this long to show up, I think.