The Skyrim Licenced Universal Transport Service (0.11.2 - 2015/10/22)

For those who enter into this not of their own free will, are you thinking of escape possibilities?

and backchat, insubordination and even violence are sadly not unknown.

Look, your neglect has made the Oxford comma cry, weep, and sob. Happy now?

I did one run and then went and got my gear back rather than continuing into another and now when i approach each carriage driver they all give me the sorry i dont have any loads for you message

Is something else meant to trigger at that point or is there a command i can use to reset the job status so that i can get jobs again?

I like the idea of it being difficult to keep a passenger alive and/or atop a carriage. If the cart tips, it'd be reasonable for them to be reluctant to continue wirh you--or if they're eaten by wolves or crushed by the cart, your employers would be even angrier.

Quirks and difficulties in getting the cart to work flawlessly could be explained away in this way--if you can detect it happening.

Yeah, I agree. Although in this case he doesn't fall off - he just vanishes. Now you see him, now you dont!

Installed this the other day. I am now adept at using the cart as a bludgeoning weapon to kill attacking enemies... ;)

Fun, isn't it? Although I do want to find a way to make it safer for civilians.

For those who enter into this not of their own free will, are you thinking of escape possibilities?

I am.

First of all, it's going to be fairly light slavery. In so far as you can still remove bonds by the usual techniques and go rampaging off around the countryside. If you owe too much, you'll need to avoid the (spelled up) carriage drivers, but otherwise the only problem will be not being able to use the carts for fast travel.

If you get enough money adventuring, you can even pay them off and all is forgiven

There are also going to be some side missions that offer a fair degree of autonomy and that could be abused in various ways to escape. You may need to get in the drivers' good books a little before these become available.

I'm also considering a number of hardcore options that would make escape significantly harder. But I have a lot to do before I get that far.

I tend to the view that the Oxford comma is best ignored unless the sentence would otherwise be ambiguous. Or unless I feel like it. Was there an ambiguity I missed?

I did one run and then went and got my gear back rather than continuing into another and now when i approach each carriage driver they all give me the sorry i dont have any loads for you message

Is something else meant to trigger at that point or is there a command i can use to reset the job status so that i can get jobs again?

Humm. There are three radiant quests that kick off to start the main mission quest. If they won't start for some reason you get the "no jobs" quest instead which just does that line of dialogue.

See if sluts_mission_normal_1 through _3 are running and if they are try stopping them from the console.

Tonight's progress:

Code to add dirt and handprints from 1 to 10 and back to 0 again.

I re-did the "attitude illustration. These are too much fun by far!

Scrubbed the handprints on the back and added some new ones

Added handprints on the head as well

[edit]

Note to self - not to use spoiler tags when half asleep...

Little disappointed with this version now I see it in-game. I thought I'd whomp up the boobage, just in case I was being too subtle and give her an actual smile.

On the whole though, I think I prefer the previous version.

dEuydYb.png

On the other hand, I'm very happy with the title and the arrows, so it's not all bad :)

I tend to the view that the Oxford comma is best ignored unless the sentence would otherwise be ambiguous. Or unless I feel like it. Was there an ambiguity I missed?

No, I'm just a proponent of consistently using it in all circumstances. ;)

These days that usually only happens if you're using CFTO or something else that changes the drivers' form id.

If you read the letter and the quest stage advanced, then the only thing that can be stopping the dialogue from triggering is if the driver isn't in the form_id list

The other thing that could cause it is if you weren't running the latest version.

Yeah, that sounds about right. The manifest will reference a handful of aliases, but if the quest didn't start through normal channels then the aliases will be empty. So yeah, I can believe that'd crash things.

Post a log file if you like and I'll take a look at it.

Hmm... last time I tested this I encountered a pair of vigilants. I talked to them to see if I could get de-gagged, then side-swiped one when they wouldn't help. They didn't attack me.

I don't think it's this mod doing it.

Just tried out the mod, on a run from Markarth to Solitude. It went without any hitch. ;)

On arrival, the PC could get a chain assignment (to Windhelm). However, if she got out of the yoke first, for a break in Solitude, she could not get an new assignment afterwards.

Was the PC supposed to get dirty automatically? She got the S.L.U.T.S. branding tats but no dirt.

Loving it the mod! It's a great addition to my other mods, which in general make coin hard to come by. This is one fittingly desperate option! ;) Can't wait to see this evolve!

Some ideas:

- An accompanying driver with a whip;

- Electric plugs for Express deliveries;

- Followers on S.L.U.T.S. duty for added income. (I don't mean they'd actually do the runs; only you'd find them on occasion at the stables to cash in. TDF Prostitution handles followers this way. It's lightweight and great for immersion.)

Just tried out the mod, on a run from Markarth to Solitude. It went without any hitch. ;)

On arrival, the PC could get a chain assignment (to Windhelm). However, if she got out of the yoke first, for a break in Solitude, she could not get an new assignment afterwards.

Was the PC supposed to get dirty automatically? She got the S.L.U.T.S. branding tats but no dirt.

Loving it the mod! It's a great addition to my other mods, which in general make coin hard to come by. This is one fittingly desperate option! ;) Can't wait to see this evolve!

Some ideas:

- Followers on S.L.U.T.S. duty for added income. (I don't mean they'd actually do the runs; only you'd find them on occasion at the stables to cash in. TDF Prostitution handles followers this way. It's lightweight and great for immersion.)

I think the Dirt is not implemented yet. 

Humm. There are three radiant quests that kick off to start the main mission quest. If they won't start for some reason you get the "no jobs" quest instead which just does that line of dialogue.

See if sluts_mission_normal_1 through _3 are running and if they are try stopping them from the console.

tried getstage on all three and results were

1 >> 0

2 >> 10

3 >> 0

Assume 0 is not running but it wouldn't let me setstage the sluts_mission_normal_2 back to 0 as it said stage was not found or any other stage i tried

Tried completequest but didn't have any joy with that either

Edit: seems i broke quote as well ;)

Tried going back to an earlier save, standing there waiting to complete first delivery and i got the same result with it flashing up the below

I assume at this point either something should trigger or i should have new dialogue, its from this point onwards that i get the no jobs available

2015_10_15_00001.jpg

Tried again after re-attaching to cart and that doesnt make a difference, neither does asking for new job when attached. When offered the choice of getting out or new job i've been saying new job then bjorlam gets back on his cart and if i say i'm ready for freight it flashes up the above and then from then on no jobs available

I had this strange angry behavior too, but from a Stormcloak Captain.

My PC was running with a Cart from Markarth to Solitude and met that Captain with some Stormcloak soldiers and while the soldiers just ignored her the Captain saw her and became mad at her without any reason, attacking her with a Waraxe.

But he was slower than my PC, even while she was wearing these pony boots she was faster than him and because i had Deviously Helpless installed i knew that this Captain was not gonna rape my PC, he wanted to see her dead.

This never happened before, no clue why he was suddenly aggro.

Some ideas:

I think the Dirt is not implemented yet.

Pretty much. The Good news is I have the papyrus support for the handprints sorted out now, so today's release should be better in that regard.

TZFJWDK.png

I assume at this point either something should trigger or i should have new dialogue, its from this point onwards that i get the no jobs available

Interesting. That looks like the "ride for a ride" scene started and stalled. I didn't think that was accessible yet.

This week has been a bit mad and what energy I've had left for debugging has gone into the tattoo library. Next week I will sort some of those dialogue options and scenes out.

Thinking about it - is sluts_mission_scenes running? Try stopping that one and see if it helps.

I had this strange angry behavior too, but from a Stormcloak Captain.

Humm... I do add the player to a bandit & creature friend faction during the setup scene. That's basically to stop wolves spawning near riften and killing you before you can get out of the quest. If that's sticking it might explain the odd aggro events.

Is there perhaps a video showing what the Cart Pulling looks like in game? I'm curious how stable the system is visually!

I'm not really set up for video. Going to have to look at that at some point. There's this one from darkconsole which was the initial proof-of-concept mod that I worked from for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGrZUuMfDB8

[edit]

OK, I think we're ready to go with this. I've added the new tats and found a bug in the code where the old dirt never advanced the dirty level - so it was always at dirt level one which is supposed to be pretty subtle.

Don't think I've got time to package it all up before work, and I'd like to give it a quick test before I do - but all being well, should be a release in about 10 hours time :)

My character is wearing plugs, and has the Flowering Spriggan quest activated (courtesy of SD+). The plugs activated, and the flowering spriggan sap started flowing, and the cart warped to who knows where. Maybe even despawned. Is there any way via console to add the cart back so I can complete a delivery?