What music do you listen to?

This Stone Roses song is the only song that has appeared in my dreams.  The opening bass line in a loop in dreams, those dreams that repeat over and over.....The metallic cover in Europe shows how another country (non US) knows the lyrics to a song most in my country have never heard.

The original first....

Edited by lotus.angel
36 minutes ago, lotus.angel said:

SOmeone has to post it, might as well be me

To bad I can't give 10 thumbs on this.  Great song and one of my favorite movies.

1 hour ago, lotus.angel said:

How did you find her captured so perfectly when she was expressing her affection.

Ya, me too, right before I smacked her and left home.

35 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

To bad I can't give 10 thumbs on this.  Great song and one of my favorite movies.

Ya, me too, right before I smacked her and left home.

Regarding the breakfast club....My favorite lines and quotes from movies usually take people by surprise...  Less is more...Two favorite lines of mine are from this movie:  "Vodka, lots of vodka" and "I care" 

9 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Dedicated to a friend trying to figure their crazy, fucked up life out.

?um yea, what Lana said...

Edited by lotus.angel

Fuckit here's my other Lana since Gods and Monsters was posted.  Anyone who criticizes her (and there are many) clearly aren't paying attention to how courageous her honesty is

Edited by lotus.angel
1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Have no idea why I remembered this song just now.

Maybe because you are in a mood to watch "Rock and Rule" again.     That popped in my head this past week.  

4 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I like the way author of this spot integrated movies' sequences and dancing from other songs in the music. Made me dancing too. :D

I think that alot of people are doing it after the success of this vid:

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Have no idea why I remembered this song just now.

Ok, get out of my brain.  I was going to post a Velvet Underground song yesterday, but decided I had already posted too many...

Edited by lotus.angel
2 hours ago, lotus.angel said:

Hope Sandoval is just amazing.  She has an amazing voice and is also gorgeous.  She is a short little thing which makes her all the more attractive to me.

Here she is singing wit Massive Attack

She also formed her own group and every one of her songs is worth a listen.

Yea, Into Dust....well, I can't even try to sing it....

I truly don't know how she doesn't cry while vocalizing.  TO me it is showing everyone your voice, the deepest parts of yourself.  Although I could and can sing.  I can't sing without feeling either too vulnerable or emotional.  Those singers who you know are showing you their souls, it hurts when people call them famous or celebrities.  They are warriors.  Truly.  Stronger tham me for certain.  I had a vocal coach who wanted me to perform and tried to help me work through it, and assigned me this song.  Well, I tried, and that was the day I stopped singing.

21 minutes ago, lotus.angel said:

Yea, Into Dust....well, I can't even try to sing it....

I truly don't know how she doesn't cry while vocalizing.  TO me it is showing everyone your voice, the deepest parts of yourself.  Although I could and can sing.  I can't sing without feeling either too vulnerable or emotional.  Those singers who you know are showing you their souls, it hurts when people call them famous or celebrities.  They are warriors.  Truly.  Stronger tham me for certain.  I had a vocal coach who wanted me to perform and tried to help me work through it, and assigned me this song.  Well, I tried, and that was the day I stopped singing.

If you ever got a chance to go to one of her concerts, her body is there, but she is not.  I was stunned.  It was like she just shut herself off emotionally.  What I wonder is if writing this kind of song had some kind of healing for her.  One thing is for sure, you can't but help feel her pain while you listen to it.

Edited by fishburger67
8 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

If you ever got a chance to go to one of her concerts, her body is there, but she is not.  I was stunned.  It was like she just shut herself off emotionally.  What I wonder is if writing this kind of song had some kind of healing for her.  One thing is for sure, you can't but help feel her pain while you listen to it.

OHHHH she is there.  I have seen her live and heard her critics.  She is there and very present and I PROMISE you in more pain than you can imagine.  Like the live song of hers I posted......I saw how present she didn't WANT to be, but was in spite of herself.

Let me just say, acting, with even more depth of feeling - because one can delude oneself that emotions invested, while raw and very real, especially for well trained method actors, are safe to share under a guise of a "character"  .  It could almost feels like a cop out.  For me at least, it is 1000 times easier/safer, emotionally.

I did mention I don't like the idea of fame, just for the reasons I am trying to explain, poorly.  AND kinda feel like I shouldn't elaborate more :)

Edited by lotus.angel

TAKE STUFF from work, post its...it is the passive aggressive step we all must take to achieve world peace.  Yup, been testing the mod too long...going bonkers