What music do you listen to?

On 10/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, lotus.angel said:

I am a Gen-X girl.  Sex Pistols, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus....as music evolved, I got really into trip hop - Massive Effect, Portishead.  Tool - and the offshoot projects are core to me - almost anthems.  Mile Davis Kind of Blue literally changed my life.  Saw Philip Glass in high school - when he did a collab album with suzanne vega and the likes.  His music took my psche-trip - no drugs but what many say an acid trip sounds like.  I DJ'ed in high school and started a radio station in college.  Music is a drug.  Of course the classics - in all music categories.  I got my kids hooked on Johnny Cash before they were ten.  Rage against the Machine, BDP, Public Enemy got me stuck in the 90s.  Everything from Sigur Ros to Billy Holiday.  If it is good, style to me is irrelevant.

Feel free to post a sample of your favs.   Most of us don't answer the OP, instead just post music that we like.

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

This song and the Andy Griffith theme song, two of the best whistling music out there. 

Remember waking up to this song every damn morning for a few months while I was in the Army. Got kind of sick of it, but still catch myself humming it from time to time, lol. Guess it stuck.

In no way related... these are some I've listened to lately.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
42 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Remember waking up to this song every damn morning for a few months while I was in the Army. Got kind of sick of it, but still catch myself humming it from time to time, lol. Guess it stuck.

LOL, I think that is required of every service.   Every day in the F_in chow hall during Navy boot camp it was always the same song, Samantha Fox, Belinda Carlisle, Icehouse (Electric Blue)  and of course, Richard Marx :

Mine is a mixture out of almost everything.

My favorite artists:

KAI

Slipknot

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE

The Animal in Me

BAND-MAID

REOL

Leo

Megan Thee Stallion

Lady Gaga

Beyonce

Daft Punk

Music is just like shutting the world down for some time. Like all the problems go away for a certain amount of time and I listen to music for like 6 or more hours a day.